• Published 8th Mar 2021
  • 640 Views, 132 Comments

The Darkest Hour - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Megatron initiates his ultimate power over Equestria. The Autobots and ponies must work together to put an end to his tyranny lest he destroys everything they hold dear. Time is short.

  • ...
4
 132
 640

Chapter 9: New Friendships

IN EQUESTRIA

Everypony and every creature celebrated the victory of their new ally and friend. Even Pinkie Pie herself managed to raise victory flags with Skywarp’s face shown along with the Decepticon logo crossed out. Fireworks and confetti flew in the air, creating so much joyful noise throughout Canterlot.

The ex-Seeker looked around and saw all the love, gratitude, and happiness shown towards him for his heroic acts. He glanced toward the Mane Six, the Royal Sisters, and the others who were also hailing him as their new hero. A warm smile grew on his face, and his red optics watered a bit as if he was about to cry.

“How are you feeling, Skywarp?” Rumble asked.

“I... I feel so happy like I’ve never been happy before. It appears I made the right call after all,” Skywarp replied, his mouth quivering. He gently picked up the colt with his palm and nuzzled him affectionately.

“I’m more than happy to call you my new friend,” said Rumble, returning the affection.

“We express the same sentiment,” said Celestia, walking up to them. “Words cannot express how much we are so thankful to you for saving us all. We are eternally in your debt; as a sign of utmost gratitude, my sister and I welcome you to our home.” Both she and Luna bowed their heads in respect.

As Twilight and her friends approached the duo, Rainbow Dash flew up to the ex-Decepticon with a look of interest on her face. “Well, you look like an awesome flyer especially with those tall wings! And those rocket booster things—twenty percent cooler!”

“You surely have an appealing color scheme if I may add,” observed Rarity. “It simply looks divine!”

“What is your name?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m... Skywarp. I previously had a different name, but I... don’t want to talk about it,” he said, nervously rubbing his arm.

“It’s okay. That’s a really nice name,” the pegasus smiled. “I’m Fluttershy.”

“Fluttershy? Hmmm... that name speaks of humbleness and kindness being mingled together. It’s so... fascinating,” said Skywarp. Fluttershy blushed as she heard his statement.

“I’m Rainbow Dash!”

“Pinkie Pie!”

“Rarity!”

“Applejack!”

“And Twilight Sparkle!” the rest of them introduced.

“I’m Spike, a close friend of Rumble. Nice to meet you, Skywarp!”

“Is that... a flying lizard? I’ve never seen one before!” Skywarp noticed, widening his optics in surprise.

“I’m actually a dragon, but you’ll be more surprised once you explore Equestria. Anyway, the way you took out those Decepticons was so cool!” Spike exclaimed.

“Yeah! I mean, I’ve never seen a Decepticon take out another one like that,” Rainbow added.

“Then there is hope for any Decepticon out there who wishes to change his ways,” said Red Alert. “I’ve always held the belief that there has to be some good in the Decepticons, but after fighting them for so long, I’ve only realized that not all of them want to change. However, Skywarp is full proof that not every one of them is evil to the core.”

“That’s just amazing! So that means we could show them the Magic of Friendship! If only they could at least listen to us and see how wrong their destructive ways are, they could all change!” Twilight reasoned, hope beaming in her eyes.

Red Alert however reached out her hand and laid it on Twilight’s back. “Twilight, not all of them will listen. I strongly doubt even Megatron himself will repent of his evil acts of terror. From what I can tell so far, a reformed Decepticon is very rare.”

“But shouldn’t at least everypony get a chance at redemption?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, but not everyone will accept that chance. You have to realize that, young one.” Red Alert lectured.

Twilight took a moment to let those words sink in before she sadly nodded. “I understand that. I’m just hoping that the Magic of Friendship could work with evil robots like it does with everypony else.”

“So do I, Twilight. So do I,” concurred Red Alert.

“So... where do you wanna go from here?” Rumble asked.

“Well, I was thinking we should perhaps take a tour around this world since I’ve just got here. Can you show me, Rumble?” Skywarp replied.

“Definitely!”

“I would like to come with you too—um, if that is okay with you,” Fluttershy offered.

“Me too. I want to get to know you especially since you’re a good guy now,” said Spike.

Suddenly, Discord appeared on top of Skywarp’s head while wearing a tourist guide attire. “Oh, don’t mind me, I’m just preparing to show you all the wonders of Equestria! I would be getting us a tourist bus, but it’s too small for someone your size.”

Skywarp stared at him with a confused look. “Uhhh, I can... fly us there? And who are you supposed to be?”

“Oh, where are my manners? The name’s Discord, the Lord of Chaos! The pleasure is mine, Skywarper!” he happily introduced, wearing kingly attire. Then he suddenly dressed up as a magician. “Would somepony warp the skies with us? It won’t be long!”

“But—but how did he...?”

“Me! Me! Me! I wanna join!” Pinkie shouted. She instantly appeared as a magician as well and fired a large lemon cake filled with fireworks from her party cannon. It exploded with yellow and green fireworks flying everywhere.

Skywarp stood there flabbergasted and dumbfounded at the pink pony’s weird antics. “How did you dress up so fast?! And where did you get that strange cannon from?!”

“It’s best not to question Pinkie. She just... does things,” advised Spike.

“I see. I’m starting to wonder if logic is her best friend or not,” Skywarp muttered.


An escape pod crash-landed in the middle of the Everfree Forest. Many birds and creatures fled from its presence as its very appearance and sudden arrival startled them. Once the smoke cleared out, the front door opened.

The escaped prisoner slowly walked out of the pod and lifted his head to see the new surroundings he was in. “Man, I could’ve sworn something blasted my ship. Whatever that was fragged it up so badly!”

Lout scanned the area for any visible signs of life in the forest. “Geez, should I at least receive a welcoming committee? Hello? Is anybody home? Come on, someone’s gotta show up eventually!”

Unfortunately, no sound was heard. Sighing, he resumed his walk in the forest. “I wonder where Megatron’s precious princess flew off to. Here, Screamy, Screamy, Screamy! Come out, come out, wherever you are!”

At that moment, a Timberwolf appeared from the shadows. It ferociously growled at the alien visitor. However, Lout stared at it with an unamused look. “What the frag are you supposed to be? A walking piece of merchandise from a toy company?”

The Timberwolf jumped on his leg and attempted to chew on it. However, the wolf’s teeth broke to pieces as it made contact with alien metal. “Gosh, maybe you should take better care of your hygiene.”

Lout smacked it off him. The Timberwolf fearfully fled from its presence.

“Always brush your teeth, kids!” Lout shouted. He transformed into his pickup truck mode and drove off to search for Starscream.


Skywarp was in his jet mode as he flew across the clouds with Fluttershy in the cockpit and Rumble and Spike flying next to him. Discord, however, was flying his own plane while he wore sunglasses. “How did you manage to acquire a plane of your own?”

“My own chaos magic! Duh! Besides, I didn’t want to rob Fluttershy of having this unique opportunity to fly inside y—ummm, to witness your intriguing jet design,” Discord corrected himself. “Phew, good save, Discord.”

“Isn’t this awesome?! We’re gonna show you everything Equestria has to offer! You will love it here!” Rumble shouted, twirling in the air.

“Plus, you will meet new friends, new creatures!” Spike added.

“That’s wonderful to hear. I look forward to meeting them,” said Skywarp.

As they were flying, Fluttershy beheld all the control buttons and panels of the cockpit. Her interest started to pique the more she continued to behold his interior design. She then became curious as she asked him, “Um, Mr. Skywarp, how were you created?”

The ex-Seeker took a silent moment to reflect on the question before he answered, “My former creator—Starscream—designed me after his image and used a piece of the Allspark fragment to bring me to life. That’s how I was fashioned into existence.”

“Wait? Starscream? He was the one who came to Equestria with Megatron last year. It’s no wonder your face looks like him,” Fluttershy realized.

“They... were here before?”

“Mm-hm. They tried to takeover Equestria by seeking the elements of harmony,” Fluttershy replied.

“Thankfully, Fluttershy and our friends defeated them with the Magic of Friendship! It always helped us to defeat our enemies,” added Spike.

“Ugh, no need to remind me. I still get chills from hearing that,” Discord uttered, literally shivering in ice.

“What are those elements you speak of?” Skywarp asked.

“Magic, honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness, and laughter. With all six elements together, you have both harmony and friendship.”

“Hmm, that’s very intriguing, Fluttershy. I think Cybertron needs more of kindness especially those who are in higher powers. If you ask me, both Autobots and Decepticons need that trait. It’s one of the ways to end the intergalactic war,” Skywarp commented.

Fluttershy thought on his words until she realized what he was implying. “Your Decepticon friends were mean to you?”

“Yes... my cowardly personality prevented me from retaliating. I really didn’t know what to do at that time. It wasn’t until Rumble here showed me the true way to happiness. For that, I am eternally grateful.”

Rumble blushed from hearing his words.
“I’m just happy you finally have real friends.”

“Me too,” agreed Fluttershy.

Thus, they flew down towards the landscape as they began their tour for their new friend.


A space bridge portal appeared at the bottom of Mount Everhoof. As it brightly shined, Rodimus jumped out of it and landed on the snow. The portal disappeared from sight afterwards.

“Whoa... where am I?” He saw a large mountain behind him being covered with snow and a massive landscape filled with pine trees in front of him.

“I hope I didn’t end up in the wrong place. Hmm, I’ll just have to check to see if this is actually Equestria or not.”

After he looked left and right, he ran towards the woods with his bow and energon arrows ready. “Still, if that Decepti-creep is actually here, I will take him down before my pony friends get hurt!” Rodimus planned.