• Published 9th Mar 2021
  • 1,543 Views, 17 Comments

Nothing More, Right? - FireworksPOP



How did they get back together? I seriously love this ship, this is the story of how Flashimmer returned.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,543

Chapter 8

“Sunset Shimmer! Over here!” A cotton candy haired teen waved at her.

“Hey Pinkie, what are you up to?” Sunset looked over at the portal, where Ray was waiting on the other side to pick him up. It was February tenth now.

“Me and Rarity were just talking about the dance! Cheese Sandwich just asked me to it!” Pinkie began to jump up and down, extremely exited, it was obvious she and Cheese were planning some sort of prank.

“And I was asked by Compass Star!”

“Nice to hear, but I need to go get Ray-”

“Who asked you?” Pinkie grabbed her arm.

“Well i’v been asked by a few boys but I turned them all down.” A few was an under statement. more like a fourth of the school.

“Do you have you’re eye on someone in particular?” Rarity smirked.

“No, I’m just not interested in dating, I need to go.” Pinkie wouldn’t let go of her arm. “Pinkie, let go.”

“No! You need to tell me!”

“Tell you what?”

“Who you have a crush on!”

“I don’t have a crush, I’m not going on any dates, and you two need to chill out!” She pulled herself free from Pinkie and ran through the portal.

Rarity sighed. “Pinkie, what are you holding?”

Pinkie held something behind her back and smiled. “You’ll see...”


Sunset landed on the floor of Twilight’s castle. “Hey Sunset.”

“Starlight?”

“Yep, Twilight’s not here, she had to go on some sort of magic journey or something.”

“Like always, so were’s Ray?”

“About that, I may have miscast a little bitty spell and it went a little wrong.”

“What do you mean?”

Ray walked into the room holding talons with a light blue and purple dragon with scattered white scales.

“He looks fine to me.”

“He may, or may not, stay as a dragon when you bring him back.”

“WHAT?!”

“Just for a few days, It’ll wear off really soon.”

“How soon?”

“Just a few days, I’d say it’ll last until Friday.”

“Oh crab apples.”


Sunset walked back through the portal with Ray and his dragon friend behind her, and the both stayed as dragons. Starlight must have been practicing and it hit both of them.

“Guys, you need to keep a low profile, people in our town freaked out enough when they found out there were girls with magic powers running around and that they had to depend on a group of high school girls to defeat the monsters and stuff that show up here, imagine what the’ll do if they see dragons.”

“Okay, so were are we going?”

“First, to Twilight’s house, cause if I don’t tell her I’m now taking care of a few dragons she’ll kill me.”

Amethyst looked around. “Do they have Gems here?”

“Yes, but there for jewelry, not for eating.”

“Okay, I brought some of my own, want some?” She took a orange gem out of a saddle bag she was holding and offered it to Ray.

“Yes please! Gems are actually pretty good when I get to be a dragon.” He took it and began eating the shiny rock. “That makes me wonder what your necklace tastes like Sunset.” She scowled. “I’m kidding!”


Later, when they reached Twilight’s house, Sunset rang the door bell. “Don’t freak out when her dog introduces himself.”

The door flew open and a purple and green dog walked out of it. “Spike the dog’s the name, talking a lot is my game, hey Sunset.”

Amethyst jumped back at the sight of a talking dog. “What the HECK?!”

“Umm...Twilight’s in her lab.” He stood away from everyone as they walked inside.

Ray looked up at Sunset who stopped at a door and sighed. “Let’s hope Timber isn't here.”

“He’s not, the last time I went in there and Timber was over I had to wash my eyeballs out.” Spike pushed open the door. “Hey Twilight, Sunset and, uhh...don’t go all science freak please.”

Twilight turned around in her chair a large smile grew over her face. “Hey Sunset! OMG RAY’S A DRAGON!” She jumped up and grabbed a pencil and paper from a drawer in her desk. “This is amazing! I’m going to put a pause on the project Pinkie gave me!”

“Did she trick you into doing her homework again?”

“Nope, just gave me...uh...special thing to figure out for a little hunch she has.”

“Okay...anyway, Starlight misfired a spell and Ray and his dragonfriend are going to stay here for a few days, Starlight aid he would go back to gecko on friday.”

“Friday’s the valentines day dance.” Twilight looked up at Sunset. “You say yes to any of the boys who have asked you to it?”

“No-”

“Great! I mean uhh...can you guys give me some more info about dragons?”

“Okay...” Ray said.

Twilight gasped. “HE CAN TALK NOW!?!”

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, school has been crazy!:derpyderp2: I’ll add another chapter as soon as I can. :twilightsmile: