• Published 9th Mar 2021
  • 1,543 Views, 17 Comments

Nothing More, Right? - FireworksPOP



How did they get back together? I seriously love this ship, this is the story of how Flashimmer returned.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,543

Chapter 1

Flash Sentry walked down the halls of CHS with his little cousin, Scootaloo. “So Flash, when are you going to ask Sunset out?”

“I already told you, were just friends.”

“But it’s obvious that you like her.”

“I like her as a friend, not like what your implying.”

“But you turn red whenever you see her and she’s not looking.”

“Well I-”

“And when you talk to her you have a nervous tone in your voice.”

“I-”

“And you-”

“I get it! Okay, maybe I like her as more than a friend a little bit, but were just friends, nothing more, nothing less.”

Scootaloo sighed. “Fine, see you after school.” She walked off to her classroom.

I can’t be with Sunset, we hurt each other enough the last time. Just friends, nothing more, nothing less. He walked to his locker but ran into someone. “I’m sorry, this always happens, I-” He cut short when he saw the red and yellow hair and cyan eyes. Sunset. They sat there in silence for a moment.

”Sorry Flash, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” He didn’t know why, her voice became a whisper he could hardly hear.

“It’s okay, I wasn’t either.” Flash stood and offered her his hand, but she stood up on her own and turned away. “I’ll see you around Flash.” She walked away hugging her books tight.

I’m stupid, why is she acting like we broke up yesterday? I thought we made up and became friends again at Everfree, I’m an idiot, I don’t like her like that, do I?


Flash walked out of his last class with a frown, he hadn’t been able to focuse all day on anything, his talk with Sunset left him more than confused. Just a friend, were just friends, but why do I want more? Sunset’s nice and sweet, but were friends, why is it so awkward when we bump into each other? And why did she act like that whenever she sees me?

Flash walked out of the school door and Scootaloo scowled up at him. “You said you guys were just friends.”

“We are.”

“I saw what happened between you two in the hall, you do like her, and she likes you.”

“I told you I don’t like her in that way, wait, did you say she likes me?”

“Doy! How is it not obvious to you?!”

“Were just friends.”

“You don’t seem like friends, you seem like two people who hold back there feelings so much that they get ackward around each other, next thing you know, the school is up in flames!”

“How the heck would that happen?”

“I watched a romance action movie with Rainbow Dash! It won’t go out of my head!” She stomped her foot.

“I’m not going to be in a relationship with Shimm Shi- I mean Sunset! I’m not going to hurt her again and I’m sure she doesn't like me in that way.”

“Ha! You almost called her by that old nickname!” She smirked.

“Listen Scoots, nothing’s happening between us, and...nothing ever will.” He walked of to his car and drive away. Nothing can happen, I can’t hurt her again, not after...it was to hard after finding that. Nothing, I can’t like her, I can’t.


A long time ago...

“Sunset I’m sorry, we can’t be like this anymore.”

“I know, I’v become such a horrible person, I knew this was coming...” She took off the locket he had given her for her last birthday, small, gold in color, and had a picture of them together. “I’m really sorry.” Her eyes filled with tears and she ran off from the picnic table they had been sitting at, leaving her locket behind.

Flash banged his head on the table.“I’m a stupid, idiotic bitch.” He lifted his head, picked up her locket, and opened it, a picture of them smiling looked back at him. He sighed. She loved this...and me, and I pushed her away, all because of some stupid stuff happening at school, none of which had ever happened outside CHS. When she’s around me, she’s sweet, sensitive, and just slightly fiery, and I’m the bitch who loved her but pushed her away. He sighed and put the necklace in his pocket.


Flash walked down one of the streets on the square, stoping by a particular spot were people were gathering to look at a wall. “What’s all the fuss about?” He asked someone who was next to him.

“A new piece by Flanksy.”

Flash stared up at the wall. Rainbows pouring from clouds with a red heart at the center. He knew about the famose yet unknow street artist that everyone loved, heck, he knew who they were, well, who she is. Sunset Shimmer never wanted to be someone well known and famous, just to share her art and make others happy, and doing this certainly made others happy.

He took his phone out of his pocket, nearly everything on Flitter posted that day (which was a lot), mentioned Flanksy and her art, video’s of people walking around the city giving a tours of the art to attract tourists filled ViewTube, most of them on live stream, yet, know one but him and Rarity knew it was Sunset.

He remembered figuring it out after the third piece went up on an ice cream shop, catching people’s attention and that place was know the most famous place to go for ice cream in the state. When that happened, he saw a picture of it on Flitter, and the rainbows, suns, rain, and hearts made it a dead give away to anyone who knew Sunset, with the exception of her friends all but Rarity when she was helped by the mysterious Flanksy to create a famous window at the front of a display case, know, store owners wished and dreamed of the day a piece of art would be on the wall when they went to work, and when that happened, they became a site for a tourist hot spot, and if it did, people came from miles around to see it, and go inside the restaurants and stores.

Sunset had some serious talent. He saw her paint in art, most of the things she did ended up displayed in the office by the principals themselves, she could sing like an angle, and write the best songs in under ten minuets. When they used to date, he had tought her how to play guitar, and she would think about something and sing, playing her guitar that he had given her to the best she could, and he would write down every note, every word that she sang, and it would be done.

Most of the songs, all the sheet music, she had let him keep, and told him he should use it for his band. But, those were her songs, and they were amazing, and she deserved to have people know she had wrote them. So, all the lyrics, along with the locket she had left behind, stayed hidden away, in a box he had never set sight on again, hidden were no one would find it.

Except for Scootaloo. She had found them, and the locket. she had left everything alone, but thought those were just his songs for the future of the Flash Drives, and, in the end, she took one of the songs, and gave it to her group, the CMC’s, and they played it, and everyone thought it was them who wrote it, but after the battle of the bands, the Rainboom’s songs were more well known through out the state. Eventually, it was just another song made by three girls on VeiwTube.

Of course he was mad when he herd them practicing one of Sunset’s beautiful songs in the garage when Scootaloo was staying with him cause her parents were never around, instead doing many dare devil adventures, and her aunts were busy, and of course, he confronted the CMC about it, but Scootaloo had the same determination as her sister figure Rainbow Dash, and ended up playing it in exchange for not taking another one of the songs.

Flash looked through his phone and found on of the earlier pictures, one from the first day he met that pretty amber skinned girl with crimson and gold curly hair.