• Published 9th Mar 2021
  • 1,543 Views, 17 Comments

Nothing More, Right? - FireworksPOP



How did they get back together? I seriously love this ship, this is the story of how Flashimmer returned.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,543

Chapter 2

Freshmen year

“Flash Sentry, please report to the front of the school.” Principal Celestia’s voice said over the speaker. He looked over at his teacher.

“You may go Mr. Sentry, I know your introducing another new student, now leave quickly before you break something else.” She went back to writing on the chalk board. Flash, the clumsiest kid in school, walked out of his ninth grade class room to meet the newest student at Cantorlot High. He always was the one to introduce the new students, other than being the clumsiest, he was also the kindest and most caring.

He opened the door of the school and stepped outside, but no one was there. He looked around. A small sniffle came from behind a bush by the entrance. Is this gonna be like the time I had to I give Fluttershy a tour of the school?

Fluttershy had actually started school right on time, the same time as anyone else. But she was at the top of her class during the eighth grade, and her parents wanted her a early tour, so since his brother was a student there at CHS, he had been asked to give her a tour, but he was so intimidating that she had been scared out of her life just seeing him. Flash had come with him that day since his there parents were at work, he had come with his brother, and he had known the school inside and out, so, Fluttershy’s parent’s had asked him to give the tour, and he said sure.

He walked to the bush and looked behind it. A girl with amber skin and crimson red and yellow hair was hiding behind it, crying. She was a smaller kid, not as tall as everyone else is in the ninth grade. He sat next to her and tilted his head. “Arn’t your parents here? Usually the new students have there parents with them.”

She lifted her head from her hands reavealing her pretty cyan eyes. “My p-parent’s...I don’t know were they are.”

“Your lost?” A worried expression covered his face as he thought of another possibility.

“I haven't seen them in years, my mom told me she d-d-didn’t care when I left to b-be a student at a s-special school, she s-said I needed to d-do something with myself a-and my dad w-wanted me to stay a-and I left, and I- I never saw them again.” She went back to crying with her face buried in her hand.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

“It’s okay, y-you were just trying to h-h-help.”

“Do you still want to go on a tour of the school? Right after it will be lunch time.”

“Okay.”

He took her hand and they stood up. “What’s your name?”

“Sunset Shimmer.”

“Can I call you Sunny?”

“What?”

“I make nick names for all my new friends.” Flash smiled at her as they walked through the doors of CHS.

“Friends?”

“Yeah, you wan’t to be friends?”

“Sure, that... that sounds like fun.”

“I think you might need someone to help you, someone to be friends with, I don’t know if you noticed, but your a little small for you age.”

“Yeah, I know, I was the smallest one at my last school, I used to be picked on a lot.” She seemed to feel more comfortable around him as they walked, but seemed to be just as clumsy as he was.

Flash took out his phone and showed her a few pictures of him and a few friends. “Want to take a picture?”

“What is that?”

“A picture?”

“I know what a picture is, but what is that?”

“A phone?” How hard a life has she had? “Here, smile.” He stood next to her and took a picture of them happily smiling together.

“Cool, so, is there a science lab here?” She hopefully smiled.

“Yep, you like science?”

She nodded. “I really like any subject.”

Flash shook his head and laughed. “I had a feeling, now, on with your grand tour of the famous Cantorlot High School!” He laughed again. “Sorry, I couldn't help myself.”


“And our last stop, the cafeteria!” He pushed through the doors and pointed to the lunch line, full of freshmen students, there were also seniors seated on one side of the cafeteria, apparently the youngest and oldest students shared the lunchroom at the same time. “we get our food over there, and our class table is right there.”

One student at the twelfth grade table waved at him. “...And that’s my older brother, Thunderlane.”

“I don’t see how you look alike.”

“Eh, I don’t either, it takes my mom like half an hour to explain that one of us is not adopted to people, also, since your kinda, small, you should probably stay away from him.”

“Why?”

“He likes to make the smaller student’s scared of him.”

“By doing what?”

“Hurting them, badly. When I was little he would chase me around the house with a brick.”

“Noted.” They walked away and grabbed there vegan meals and sat down at a table.

“You vegetarian to?” She took a bite of her salad and bit into her apple.

“Ever since I was five, when I found out what meat was. you?”

“For as long as I can remember.”

“I like you!” He blurted out before his face turned red and he covered his mouth with his hand.

She giggled. “I kinda like you to.”

Flash fell backward in his chair. “You what?!”

Sunset leaned over to look over the edge of the table. “I said I like you to.”

His eyes crossed as his face went red. “I didn’t think I would be asking anyone this, but you want to come to the park with me after school?”

She giggled again. “Like a date?”

“Yeah, like a date.”

“I’d like that.”

Author's Note:

And end of chapter two, sorry, it’s a little rushed, but I thought it would be cute to show there first day as friends and more than friends.