• Published 20th Feb 2021
  • 538 Views, 17 Comments

Fluttershy's First Trial: Years of Memories - Hikarikurai24587



For thirteen years she waited, for thirteen years she grew, Fluttershy reflects on her experiences in this galaxy far far away from what she has known. Her companions at first a skeleton and a talking flower from a time that haunts her.

  • ...
2
 17
 538

Sorrow and Meditation

Chapter Eleven: Sorrow and Meditation

“You’ve got to stop pacing Sans.” Asriel said looking at the skeleton. “If I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re like a worried dad.”

Sans looked at Asriel before chuckling as he responded. “yeah, just a little worried. I know that the time to make a lightsaber varies on the one who is building it. just everything that we’ve been through, i can’t help but wonder….”

“If what we are doing won’t bring some kind of trouble to us?” Asriel had the same worry as well. “I get it, but I don’t think just using the Forge will bring trouble to us.”

“maybe you’re right, planning on building one anytime soon?” Sans asked, Asriel shook his head, there was a sense of relief that flooded through Sans. “yeah, me neither. just doesn’t feel like the right time.”

Asriel nodded his head numbly. He didn’t want to admit his worries to Sans just yet. They had been living with each other for over two years now. Neither of them made it easier on each other. They were used to antagonizing each other in the Underground. They were enemies, each with different goals. Yet now that Asriel had a soul again he felt different. He couldn’t bring himself to say those hurtful words despite waiting to. So instead he would just roll his eyes and lightly berate Sans for his stupid jokes. Jokes that made him feel more homesick, jokes that reminded him of his mom. Asriel sniffled quietly, rubbing at his eyes.

“kid?” Sans’ voice called out, his phalanges curling around his shoulder. Asriel couldn’t look up at him before saying. “I miss home, I miss my family.”


Sans sighed, he had almost forgotten that Flowey had been the Asriel, son of Toriel and Asgore. A son who had been reborn as a flower who caused chaos. Yet he kept forgetting that he was still a kid. No matter how long he had lived, Asriel died when he was young. Sans wrapped his arm around Asriel’s back. He wasn’t good at comforting others, Papyrus did it much better. Yet when Papyrus was feeling down Sans would always sit like this with him. Just quietly comforting him. Sans never had the words to say, especially when the resets became more frequent. It was like all the words had been said, nothing ever comforted either of them. Sans felt Asriel relax and he reached over stroking his head.

“It’s going to be alright… right?” Asriel asked looking at Sans, this gave the Skeleton Monster pause. “You don’t know either?”

“nope.” Sans answered back honestly. “it’s hard to know what to do with a place like this. i almost want to go and find a cave system that isn’t full of Flesh Raiders and live in there. but then i’d be abandoning you and Fluttershy.”

“Thanks, for not abandoning her.” Asriel mumbled and Sans knew that he didn’t group them together. He knew why, but he wasn’t going to push it, he felt the same way half of the time. The sound of wings caught their attention causing both of them to look up. Fluttershy was flying towards both of them with a large smile on her face.

“You’re back!” Asriel said rushing towards her as soon as she landed. He hugged Fluttershy tightly and Fluttershy returned the hug. A kind smile on her face as she said. “I am and I finished the lightsaber!”

She held it out revealing a Dualsaber similar to the design of Satele Shan’s, except that it had butterflies etched into the handle. Sans moved forward to examine it, he was curious about how well it worked. The temptation arose to create his own. He reached out asking. “may i?”

“Of course.” Fluttereshy replies, handing it to him as she was still trapped in a hug. Sans took the dualsaber gently only activating one end seeing the pink blade appear. He knew he wasn’t trained enough to be able to look at both sides without injuring someone. His eyelights glanced down at Belia, the thought beginning to arise. Yet the look from the kitten made him shake his head. It was challenging him to try it.

“So what are you going to do now?” Asriel asked and Fluttershy sighed before looking up saying. “I’m thinking of going up to the station in orbit. See if we can find any ships up there.”

Fluttershy sent a quiet apology to Sans, she knew how hard he worked on their first ship. She was hoping to go to Mandalore again to see if they could salvage anything. Sans let out a chuckle saying. “don’t worry about it, i’m sure that we will find another one.”

Fluttershy hides behind her hair in embarrassment. She still felt bad no matter how many times she was assured that it was not her fault. That was when she noticed that Mir’Grok wasn’t around.

“Where is Mir’Grok?” Fluttershy asked, glancing around, Sans sighed saying. “he went off to gather the supplies for his own lightsaber.”

“I was hoping that we can all go to Mandalore to help with relief efforts.” Fluttershy said, she sighed for a moment saying. “I think it can wait for another day. I’m going to meditate for a bit.”

“i’ll let you know when he is back.” Sans told her, Asriel released her from the hug allowing her to go inside the temple to meditate. Fluttershy walked to one of the many rooms and found a cushion that hadn’t long since fallen to the passage of time. She sat down taking deep breaths as she began to clear her mind. It was working for a moment, her worries began to ease up, yet she couldn’t help but worry about Jango Fett. There was also the Jedi Master Dooku, he was someone that she knew would be upset when he found out the truth of the massacre. Winds began to gather around Fluttershy as her thoughts continued. She didn’t want him to lose his faith in the Jedi Order, yet if they knew then there could be an investigation.

A familiar presence filled the area and she opened her eyes. Her wings flapped a bit in surprise before they wrapped around her shoulders. She was no longer in the temple, instead it was a room overlooking a massive city. Crafts flew around as she walked towards the window looking out in amazement. That was when she remembered her veil.

She had just placed it on when the door opened and she turned around to see the Jedi Master from before. He stopped in his tracks upon seeing her, his hand reaching for his lightsaber out of instinct. Fluttershy held up her own hand saying. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. I wasn’t expecting to pay you a visit, but I was concerned about you.”

“About me?” Dooku asked moving into the room and Fluttershy nodded her head as she explained. “Yes, I was worried that I might have shaken your trust in the Jedi Council.”

“You merely showed me a flaw, yet my trust in the Council is beginning to waver. The losses on Galidraan, the words you spoke… they have given me pause.” Dooku moved through the room before taking a seat. “However my Padawan has been one of my concerns of late. Her volatile temper on Galidraan has given me great pause that and….”

Dooku gave Fluttershy a strange look as if questioning why he was telling her these things. So instead he decided to change the subject. “Caretaker, was it?”

“Yes.” Fluttershy answered, giving a nod of her head as another form of confirmation. Dooku thought about the subject that had weighed heavily on his mind. “Do you believe that the Jedi are allowing themselves to be influenced by politics? That we have lost our way?”

“I….” Fluttershy wasn’t sure how to respond to that question. “I have not met the other Jedi, nor have I met with the Jedi Council. Before you say anything I have been told that I cannot reveal myself to the Core Worlds. It is not my place to introduce my species to the wider known galaxy. You are just one person and I don’t think you told anyone about me or the conversation we had.”

Dooku was surprised, she was right, he did keep the conversation they had away from the Jedi. Though he was feeling doubt about the Council’s decision. He couldn’t deny that she intrigued him, that her presence was unknown to the Jedi. How did a child with so much power go unnoticed by the Jedi? If she had been found, how different she might have been.

“I appreciate it.” Fluttershy told him approaching him quietly. “I don’t think that the Jedi would understand my people. Emotions… my people are full of them. When we keep them under control it is just the same as allowing them to control us. The teachings from both sides can lead to disastrous consequences.”

That caught Dooku’s attention, he had heard of species denying teachings of both the Jedi and the Sith. However they always leaned towards the Light Side or the Dark Side. He decided to pose this question. “What is it that your people value?”

“Balance.”