• Published 20th Feb 2021
  • 537 Views, 17 Comments

Fluttershy's First Trial: Years of Memories - Hikarikurai24587



For thirteen years she waited, for thirteen years she grew, Fluttershy reflects on her experiences in this galaxy far far away from what she has known. Her companions at first a skeleton and a talking flower from a time that haunts her.

  • ...
2
 17
 537

Discussions

Chapter Eight: Discussions

Fluttershy sat in silence trying to meditate, her mind unfocused as she worried about what she was getting into by promising her help. She knew her focus at the moment would be building her lightsaber. However she couldn’t just turn away from something that could possibly leave many severely injured. Her eyes glanced at the crystals that Jango Fett had left behind. She held out her hand bringing them to her smiling as she felt the peace of Equestria once more.

“I wonder what you were like.” Fluttershy mused her fingers brushing against one of the halves. A light shone bringing up an image of a teal Pegasi with white feathers and a golden mane. She had a nice smile as she looked around. There was no voice, just her before it vanished as the light began to flicker then fade. Fluttershy sighed as she laid on her side laying the crystals next to her as she began to nod off to sleep. She was unaware of the discussions the Mandalorians were having outside of her current quarters.


“Mand’alore, are you sure we can trust such a creature?” one of the True Mandalorians asked glancing in the direction the room was in. “We do not know what species she is or where she hails from. For all we know she could be aligned with the Jedi!”

“If she was aligned with a Jedi, she would be training at the temple not on Mandalore. A child at her age would not be a Padawan.” another Mandalorian, a female, pointed out before looking at Jango as well. “Did you learn anything when you spoke to her?”

Jango thought back to the crystals and the story he was told. "She claims that what sounds like a Jedi and a Sith guiding her." He answered, back against the wall with his arms folded. The first Mandalorian gave a scoff of disbelief while the female asked. “That’s possible? I thought the Sith were all wiped out. Could be a ghost though, I might need to find out which one.”

“There you go into history again Lyrua. You should be focused on winning this war!” the first Mandalorian snapped and the woman glanced at him. “Your family is at stake here, your daughter! Get your head out of the past.”

“We honor the past, Davon, every action we take honors the traditions of Mandalorians.” Lyrua hissed but didn’t make a hostile movement. “And don’t you dare remind me of what I’m fighting for!”

"Quiet, both of you. The girl did mention a couple names...a Satele Shan and a Darth Marr." Jango interrupted them by shooting his blaster at the ground. Davon stood up a little straighter as Lyrua said. “I’ll see what I can find on them. There’s a good chance that there won’t be anything but I’ll never know unless I look them up.”

Davon just shook his head as another male Mandalorian spoke. “Davon, let my wife do what she can, I can fight harder to pick up the slack.”

Jango moved towards Fluttershy's quarters as he looked back saying. "Gonna check on the kid."

The group nodded their head as Lyrua headed off to do research. She actually wanted to meet the kid but she knew that would have to happen after they set up camp.


Fluttershy shifted a bit in her sleep, her wings wrapping around her to provide some warmth. The cold metal floor wasn’t the best bed but she didn’t mind it. She heard the door hiss open but her mind was still hazy with sleep.

"Hey kid." Jango said as he stepped into the room and closed the door. Fluttershy blinked awake before yawning, her large wings stretching out. In the back of her mind she remembered that her wings were larger than most Pegasi now. Yet with her sleep addled mind she barely managed to push herself up to stare at Jango Fett.

“Hello Mister Fett.” she spoke before hiding a yawn behind her hands.

"Came to check on you. You sure got everyone talking their mouths off." Jango said, crossing his arms. Fluttershy blinked once before quickly mumbling an apology. Her mind was starting to clear quickly and she didn’t want to cause any trouble.

“That’s not something you should apologize for.” Jango Fett told her as he moved around to find a seat. “Are your people always like this?”

“Not all of them, I just don’t want to cause any trouble.” answered Fluttershy folding her knees into her chest as she sighed. “I’m not only shy, but I’m afraid of everything, I cause my friends a lot of problems.”

“Then why are they still friends with you?” Jango Fett asked, purely to see what kind of culture her people had. Fluttershy gave him a smile as she touched one of the crystal halves again as she answered. “Despite all my flaws, they accept me for who I am. Though I would like to be braver, in a way that allows me to help others. I can stand up for myself, it just took finding my inner strength.”

Jango Fett wasn’t sure whether to be impressed or not with Fluttershy. On the one hand, she had more strength than she realized just laying her weaknesses out in the open. On the other hand it seemed like she hadn’t gotten anywhere using that strength. Her next words surprised him. “I may not be able to stand up for myself a lot of the time… but if my friends were in danger I would rather put myself in harm’s way than let them fall.”

Fluttershy looked away in embarrassment. Jango Fett was silent for a moment as he collected his thoughts, he couldn’t figure out how she was still alive at this point. Yes she did say she was learning under both a Jedi Master and a Sith Lord. There must have been a time when she didn’t have them with her. When she was younger, how did she survive with all of her ideals intact? Were her friends always there to protect her? If they were the same age as her, how did they survive themselves?

“How old are you?” Jango asked carefully and Fluttershy looked at the ground for a moment as if calculating something before answering. “Well, physically I am eight years old.”

Jango Fett caught on to how she worded the sentence so he posed his next question. “Mentally?”

“I was around nineteen years old before… this happened to me.” Fluttershy admitted waving down at her body. “Age reduction isn’t a common thing with my species.”

“It isn’t common with a lot of other species.” Jango informed her, keeping his face neutral. His comm went off letting him know that they were just about to arrive at their destination. He stood up saying. “We’re here, I want you to stay in this room until we land.”

Fluttershy nodded her head as she watched Jango Fett left the room. She looked around once again before picking up the pieces and holding onto them.She began to pray for a safe landing.