• Published 20th Feb 2021
  • 536 Views, 17 Comments

Fluttershy's First Trial: Years of Memories - Hikarikurai24587



For thirteen years she waited, for thirteen years she grew, Fluttershy reflects on her experiences in this galaxy far far away from what she has known. Her companions at first a skeleton and a talking flower from a time that haunts her.

  • ...
2
 17
 536

The Crystal

Chapter Six: The Crystal

Fluttershy meditated under a tree keeping her mind open. Satele said that they would be able to start working on their own lightsabers soon. They had been studying lightsabers designs and creations from the archives on Tython, mechanics, how to build one, what was required. Fluttershy was told that the Jedi Padawans used to hunt for their own materials including the lightsaber crystal. That is where the research came to a halt, there were many theories on the lightsaber crystals and how each one would call to the one building the lightsaber. There were a few Jedi who were given their crystal. So Fluttershy decided that the best thing would be to sit and meditate. She knew what her friends would do: Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack would go on adventure after adventure to search for what was needed. Rarity would most likely try and cast her gem finding spell. ‘Pinkie Pie….’ Fluttershy’s mind trailed off, she wasn’t sure how Pinkie Pie would find her lightsaber crystal. A familiar knot began to grow in Fluttershy’s stomach, a pain that she had experienced her first time through the Underground. She was feeling homesick once again.

“Fluttershy? Are you alright?” Frisk asked, petting Fluttershy’s mane as she did her best to hide her sobs behind a snowmound. “Do you want me to go find Sans or Papyrus?”

Fluttershy wiped at her eyes shaking her head, she knew that Papyrus meant no harm towards them. His excitement for finding a human was more like that of a young filly or colt getting their cutie mark for the first time. The pain grew worse in Fluttershy’s heart as she began to sob once again. Frisk looked around before whispering. “I’ll be right back.”

Fluttershy nodded, she wanted to stay with Frisk but the rush of sadness and missing home was making her body ache. She felt him leave her side and the loneliness grew.

Fluttershy felt the familiar ache swell, this time instead of pushing it away she embraced it. Learning from Satele and Marr she had come to the conclusion that emotions were natural; it was the fact that she couldn’t let herself get overwhelmed by them. She knew she had to work through this, but she knew she didn’t have to do it alone. Climbing to her feet she began to head to the temple to find someone to discuss what she was feeling. That was when a vision came to her, one of a pink crystal being broken in two. Hands burying one half under ice and snow and the other surrounded by people in strange armor. Fluttershy wasn’t sure if it was the ice planet that she was on before or if it was different. She picked up her pace, her wings beginning to flap until she was flying towards the temple.

“Master Satele!” she called out as soon as she was inside. “I had a vision.”

Satele Shan turned around her demeanor calm as she spoke. “Come, tell me about this vision.”

Fluttershy explained it the best she could trying to emphasize that she was awake and standing when she had it. Satele listened quietly before leading her up the stars to the area next to the landing platform. Fluttershy saw the large console sitting in the middle, they had never used it before, they weren’t sure what it did. Satele and Marr had explained that it was a map, but Fluttershy wasn’t sure how it was used. So they just kept it off. Satele brought her over to one part of the console and instructed her on how to activate it. A projection of the whole galaxy appeared above the large console.

“There are several planets known for their icy landscape, Ilum being one of them.” Satele explained pointing towards a few places. She showed Fluttershy how to pull up the image of the planets and waited while she studied the planets. She paused when one of the planets came to the screen a frown growing on her face.

“Hoth.” Satele told her as she looked at which planet it was. “I don’t know if the Republic has gone back after the war. The other planet, with the warriors in armor. There is only one place I can think of from how you described the armor.”

Satele waved her hand controlling the map until it brought up a planet. “Mandalore. Fluttershy, if this is your crystal I would recommend going to Mandalore with caution. The people are warriors, but some can be violent, I do not know how they will react to your presence.”

“Then I will go to Hoth first.” Fluttershy said, in the months that it had been since Ilum Fluttershy had been practicing her piloting skills. She wasn’t the best, but she knew how to get from Point A to Point B without crashing.

“I will also recommend keeping your face hidden. The one you had met before, Zenith, she had mentioned not revealing your species to the Republic. Yet I have the feeling it is impossible, unless they aren’t paying too close attention.” Marr spoke appearing next to Satele causing her to glance at him. “They will notice the covering before they notice the wings. In my experience, they are just that dense.”

Satele’s lips formed a thin line before breathing slowly. Fluttershy nodded her head as she backed away as Satele turned to face Marr fully. She took off to prepare for her journey making it to her room in record time. Something that she knew Rainbow Dash would be impressed by. There was the pang once again causing her to slow down.

“hey kid.” Sans’ voice spoke causing her to look down and see him standing on the balcony by their living space. According to Master Satele Shan it had once been the chambers where the Jedi Council had once gathered. She didn’t seem to mind that they had turned it into their home. Fluttershy settled down next to him as he asked. “everything alright?”

“I may have an idea where to get a component for my lightsaber. The problem is that it’s on two different planets.” Fluttershy answered, looking below them. Sans chuckled as he placed a hand on her shoulder saying. “that’s not what I meant. you seem distracted.”

“I miss home, I mean I got through it back in the underground but this is different. There is an entire galaxy open to me and the one place I want to go I can’t find.” Fluttershy sighed, shaking her head before looking at Sans. “I’m sorry, I know that your home was destroyed. I shouldn’t be feeling this way.”

“hey, your home is gonna be my home. i miss my home, but what makes a home are the people there willing to care for you and be there for you.” Sans said, causing Fluttershy to smile. “i had paps, he is always going to be where home is, and paps always cared for you. i can see why, you’re like a little sister and a mom all wrapped up in one bundle. so did they suggest anything?”

“Most likely to dress warm for one of the planets, Master Marr had suggested wearing something to cover my face.” Fluttershy answered thinking back to the conversation. Sans hummed under his breath before saying. “i’ll work on something, as for warmth i’m gonna suggest that coat that hondo gave you. if i had some yarn i could knit you something. so i guess i’ll just focus on a veil.”

Fluttershy gave Sans a hug saying. “Thank you… also I never could find Hondo”

Sans stiffened before returning the hug mumbling. “i figured, it’s still not a problem.”


Fluttershy took a week to get ready, wanting to make sure that she had everything possible to traverse the icy plains of Hoth. She was also giving Sans sometime to finish what he was working on. She stood by the shuttle giving Asriel a hug, he didn’t want to let her go apparently. Fluttershy smiled as she managed to convince him to let go. She promised to return saying that they were her family. Mir’Grok was next, patting her on the shoulder saying. “Caretaker, be careful.”

“I will.” Fluttershy said trying not to crane her neck back, Sans appeared next to Mir’Grok saying. “sorry i’m late, just had to put the finishing touches on the veil. sorry darth marr, a mask isn’t gonna cut it with flutters, she needs something light and airy.”

Marr didn’t say anything as Sans held out the veil, it was made out of a green fabric. Sheer enough that Fluttershy could see out of but opaque enough that her face could barely be made out. It was attached to a delicate circlet; the biggest section were two swept up wings on the sides. Fluttershy smiled saying. “Thank you Sans. I’m going now.”

“stay safe out there kid.” Sans told her, giving her a hug, letting her go just in time to get onto the ship. She gave them one last wave before setting off.


Fluttershy had never been to a planet as cold as Hoth. Ilum was freezing but this was on a whole different level. She thought she had been over prepared but she realized that this was just prepared. She pulled the coat closer to her before hearing an animal call. She turned around seeing a large fuzzy gentle looking creature. Fluttershy stretched out her hand as the creature watched her letting out a bray before approaching. She stroked the fur saying. “That’s a good girl, I’m looking for a place where a crystal lay. Can you show me?”

The creature let out another noise keeping still as Fluttershy climbed onto her back. The snow creature ran forward at a fast pace getting faster and faster. The creature slowed down upon approaching a cave walking in slowly. Fluttershy looked around at the walls, some were covered in ice and others crystals. Soon they ended at a cavern entrance, the creature didn’t go any further and decided to rest where it stood. Fluttershy climbed down and walked in slowly only to find the cavern filled with the same structure of ice and crystals and in the center a tree. This confused Fluttershy as she noticed that the only plant life that could grow on Hoth was fungus in the caves and lichen. Yet there was a sound in the back of her mind. Similar to the one she heard when she located the distressed Jedi, yet this one was more calm. It got louder as she approached the tree and when she stood underneath its branches she felt a familiarity. Her hand slid down the bark until she was kneeling on the ground. The ice beneath her hands gave way like soil until a broken pink crystal came into view. As her fingers barely brushed the surface images appeared around her.

“As long as the remains of my weapon are here, I will not return to Mandalore.” a woman spoke her shawl looking suspiciously like wings. “Here in the presence of all the Clans, I make my vow.”


“Fighting without mercy is the same as fighting without honor! Your cowardice becomes you Star Forge!” a Pegasus yelled while holding a shepherd’s crook. “You place your duty to our kind above all else and it will destroy everything.”


“White Feather.” this was a stallion’s voice as a blurred figure looked at White Feather. “I’m about to do something very stupid.”

“󠁖󠁀𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠𛲠?” White Feather replied, the name a high pitched squeal as if the name had been removed from memory. The blurry stallion walked forward towards a group of fighting ponies.


An unknown place filled with tall trees “Where am I?”


A small fuzzy bearlike creature tilted its head to the side examining the new being on the planet while point a spear at her. White Feather spread her wings flapping them as the spear moved forward causing the small creature to just stare at her.

Fluttershy’s fingers wrapped around the crystal as she picked it up. She glanced up to see the sky darkening and guessed that this was an area that was protected by the cold. Her eyes began to slide shut as she fell asleep against the tree. The area felt like it was doused in a small part of Equestria.


The next morning was spent getting back to her ship and letting her new friend go. The latter was harder for Fluttershy than she realized as the creature, which she found out was called a Tauntaun, had lost her pack. So Fluttershy decided to spend a little more time to find the Tauntaun, a new pack. Once that was over she set her sights on Mandalore. What she hadn’t realized was that she was flying into the middle of a Civil War. That was until her vessel was fired upon causing her to crash towards the surface. Her head hit the console hard causing her to black out.

The ringing in her ears, that was the first thing she heard when she opened her eyes. She grabbed her head, her vision blurring as she reached around for her veil. When she couldn’t find it near her she walked around wobbling until she found the door to enter the rest of the ship. She pushed open the door, her wings moving over eyes as sunlight shined down. That was until tall figures in armor moved around her.

Author's Note:

Sorry, I accidentally posted the wrong chapter. I guess that's what happens when you post at three in the morning.