• Published 20th Feb 2021
  • 530 Views, 17 Comments

Fluttershy's First Trial: Years of Memories - Hikarikurai24587



For thirteen years she waited, for thirteen years she grew, Fluttershy reflects on her experiences in this galaxy far far away from what she has known. Her companions at first a skeleton and a talking flower from a time that haunts her.

  • ...
2
 17
 530

The Past Awakens

Chapter One: The Past Awakens

Sunlight, the warmth filled Fluttershy’s body as she opened her eyes. It was familiar, like the time she had awoken in the Underground. A familiar skeletal foot came into view as a hand reached out to her.

“hey, you okay?”

“I’m alright Sans.” Fluttershy replied before touching her throat, she sounded young. Like she did when she was just a filly. That was when she felt fingers touching her throat. Pulling her hoof away she realized that they were her fingers. She yelped, pushing herself onto her butt staring at her hands. She felt two skeletal hands grab her shoulders. “fluttershy, calm down. i don’t know what happened, but you’re human… and a kid.”

Fluttershy examined her new form feeling her wings behind her twitching. Sans held out his hand once again and Fluttershy took it getting pulled to her feet. She felt something brush against her leg and looked for the source. There was a familiar light pink mane like tail trying to wrap around her leg. Grabbing it gently she used her new hands to follow it back to the source. It was hers, she gasped as she let it go, stumbling a bit. Sans steady her. “easy there. you’re not used to standing up and walking on two legs just yet.”

“I’ll get used to it. Where are we?” inquired Fluttershy as she looked around, it was a desolate place that would have once held immense beauty now barren. “The surface?”

“no clue.” Sans replied before his eyelights trailed down. “but you’re having an effect on this place.”

Fluttershy looked down as well, this time she noticed what she hadn’t seen before. Little sprouts of grass growing around her. The green was a welcome sight against the barren landscape.

“Hey!” a voice snapped causing Fluttershy to notice a familiar talking flower. “Little help here!”

“there you are, hey crummy flower, you’ve got some explaining to do.” Sans said and the flower shrank behind Fluttershy before getting pulled out of the ground and dragged over to Sans. “you’re not hiding behind her this time.”

“Sans, put down Asriel.” instructed Fluttershy causing both of them to look at her. “Right now we all need to work together. Asriel, was there anything you can gather from being in the soil?”

“The entire planet is barren, except for where you’re standing. There is also a really bad storm coming, but there is shelter nearby.” Asriel said as Sans set him down, Fluttershy bent over and the flower wrapped his vines around her arm. Using a leaf he pointed the direction he had found the building and the small group began to make their way in the direction. Two ghostly figures watched them before one, a female with black hair, walked over to the small patch of grass. She knelt down her hand hovering over it.

“She is returning balance to Tython.” the woman spoke as she stood up looking at the other figure. A male covered entirely by armor.

“Is she balanced herself?” the man pointed out, his voice low and husky, his head was tilted down. Observing the patch through the mask.

“There is only one way to find out.” answered the woman moving to the side of the man both of them staring after Fluttershy. Both vanished as dead dirt was kicked up blocking them from view.


“are you sure this is the way?” Sans asked, having to raise his voice over the howling winds. Fluttershy was squinting through the dirt that was occurring their vision as Asriel shouted back. “Yes! It’s not that much farther!”

Fluttershy felt her foot hit something solid causing her to trip over what felt to be a step. Sans managed to catch her as they both looked up seeing what appeared to be an ancient building. Parts appeared to be caved in, yet it looked like it had weathered these severe storms before. They moved forward as the wind grew worse and barely made it inside the main building.

“Sheesh, I was right. You don’t have to keep doubting me you know.” huffed Asriel glancing at Sans.

“you’re a coward, you’d do anything to keep yourself alive.” Sans pointed out glaring at the flower that tightened his grip around Fluttershy’s wrist. She winced before glancing around as Sans stared at her trying to measure her height.

“Is something the matter Sans?” inquired Fluttershy glancing at him and the skeleton shrugged before asking. “How old do you think you are?”

“Hmm… judging by my voice and how long my hair is I would be around seven.” Fluttershy guessed as she spun around trying to get a good look at herself. Sans chuckled before glancing at the flower who had a strange look on his face. “what?”

“Nothing that would matter to you!” Asriel snapped causing both to look at him. “Just tired, kay? I just need a patch of soil to rest in.”

“Asriel….”

“Don’t call me THAT!” Fluttershy looked taken aback at the angry flower whose face had morphed into an angry one. The flower let go landing on the ground, though he just seemed to try and curl up there.

“I’m not him anymore, I’m just Flowey. I don’t deserve to be Asriel.” the flower said, not looking at either of them. Fluttershy shared a look with Sans before kneeling down next to the flower. She reached out and stroked one of his petals causing the flower to stiffen.

“I forgive you Asriel, I don’t think any of us actually knew about the spirit. You remembered the previous timeline and you were scared to tell any of us because it would mean that you would have been targeted. In the end though, you saved me and that allowed me to save Sans.” Fluttershy told him and the flower sniffled saying. “But everyone else….”

Fluttershy nodded her head before tears filled her head as she hugged Asriel holding him tight. “Then I failed too. I couldn’t protect… I couldn’t….”

Sans knelt next to them before pulling them into a hug holding them close. Fluttershy felt something wet drop onto her head. Her turquoise eyes squeezed shut as they continued to cry in silence.


Warmth, that was what Fluttershy felt against her face. Then the sudden sensation of falling, flapping her wings, Fluttershy's eyes opened quickly. She looked around just seeing darkness beyond the circle of sunlight. Looking down she saw a small figure falling, flapping her wings she dove after the figure. She caught them before tilting herself down to land upon a patch of flowers.

“Thank you Fluttershy.” a voice sneered as red eyes looked up at her. “I just knew I could count on you.”

A stabbing pain in her shoulder caused her to scream out in pain.

“Fluttershy!” a voice called out. Fluttershy’s eyes snapped open her chest heaving as she sat up. She felt something touch her arm and she looked next to her seeing Asriel staring up at her, with worry on his face.

“Asriel?” she breathed and the flower nodded his head. She sat up holding her head in her hand before she used her palm to rub at her eyes. Vines wrapped around her wrist causing her to look at Asriel who had tears in his eyes.

“I know… what that nightmare was about.” Fluttershy reached out with her other hand and stroked the golden petals gently. “I’m such a coward!”

“Deep inside you’re still a child and you died afraid. Even if you don’t have a SOUL you still remember how those emotions feel.” explained Fluttershy as she continued to comfort the flower. “And this is a different place, this isn’t where we were before. It means it has different rules, so even if you don’t have a SOUL it means you still have a soul. You are unique Asriel….”

Fluttershy leaned down and gave the crying flower a hug causing his eyes wide as she whispered. “And I love you just as you are.”

A gold light washed over them and for a moment Fluttershy saw Asriel’s original form.

“hey, you’ve got to see this.” Sans voice called out startling them both and Asriel returned to his flower form. Climbing to her feet Fluttershy exited the building and let out a gasp as she saw the once barren landscape full of life. Blue skies, grass, flowers, trees, even a creek was flowing.

“I think… we need to see where we are and what this place is.” Fluttershy managed to say her wings twitching as she looked behind her towards the building. “And why the planet is changing the way it is.”

Sans nodded his head as they headed back into the building. A bird flying high up into the air singing happily before it landed on the grass looking around. A large foot slammed down in front of it causing it to fly away.


Finding the library was easy, yet Fluttershy had a problem, it wasn’t filled with books. Instead the twelve ceiling high three tiered stacks seemed solid. In front of each were pedestals, some had strange cubes laying upon them.

“huh, seems like whoever was here left in a bit of a hurry. i’ll take a look at the mechanics, see what i can find.” Sans told her as Fluttershy’s shoulders dropped. He walked over and picked up one of the cubes and handed it to her.

“seems like a puzzle box, here why don’t you two take a crack at it….” Sans told them and Asriel gave him a side glance. “Don’t you dare.”

“i’ll try not to interrupt you, after all we don’t want to crosswords.” Sans chuckled as he moved over to one of the stacks. Asriel glared after him before looking at Fluttershy who was hiding a laugh.

“Seriously? It wasn’t even that good.” grumbled Asriel as they head back down the stairs. Fluttershy looked to her left and noticed that there was a massive artifact on the ground. Taking a deep breath, Fluttershy decided to enjoy the nice day outside and try to figure out the cube that Sans had handed to her. She sat down on the steps before setting it next to her and held Asriel up so she was looking at him.

“What?” he asked, leaning back a bit before Fluttershy brought up her other hand and placed it against his face saying. “I forgive you, Asriel Dreemurr.”

Asriel’s eyes widened as the golden light enveloped his body. His form was beginning to change back into his original one when a hand wrapped around Fluttershy’s mouth pulling them away from each other. Asriel dropped to the ground seeing Fluttershy struggling against a massive creature. Sharp teeth with the top of the head and eyes resembling a hammerhead shark. Asriel shrank back as it hissed. “Jeeediii. Miiiine.”

“S-SANS!” Asriel yelled causing the creature to flee. Asriel turned trying to memorize the direction it went just as the familiar pink slippers appeared next to him. “F-fluttershy was taken! It looks like one of the locals that managed to survive here. That way.”

Asriel pointed with a leaf in the direction they went before looking away. Sans looked down at him before reaching out his hand saying. “come on, we’ll find her together.”

Asriel looked at Sans before reaching out with his roots and wrapped them around Sans’ wrist. Sans took off in the direction the two ghostly figures appearing at the stairs of the building.

“Flesh Raiders, they had been here long before we built the temple here.” the female observed standing in front of the cube.

“And they were here long after the Jedi left.” the man spoke as he watched the two moving as quickly as possible. “Do you think she will survive?”

“I do. Come let us observe.” said the female and the two vanished.


Fluttershy shivered in fear, her eyes wide as the creature climbed a path through rocks. Once in a while stopping and letting out a hiss. That caught her attention after the third time and she was shifted so she would be easier to carry.

“A-are you alright?” she asked, causing the creature to growl and her to try tomake herself smaller. Once they got to the location the creature was looking for she was thrown down. The creature pacing back and forth as if arguing with itself. Fluttershy crawled towards the creature causing it to growl in warning. Taking a deep breath Fluttershy closed her eyes and reached out with her hand.

“You are injured, I want to help heal you. What is your name?” Fluttershy asked and the creature let out another growl before she opened her eyes and stared into the creature’s own. She searched its eyes, seeing an intelligent mind behind it. All she had to do was reach it.

“Mir’grok.” the creature replied. “Jedi, strong.”

“What… is a Jedi?” inquired Fluttershy and the creature pointed to her and she shook her head. “Oh, I’m a pony from Equestria.”

“Not Jedi? Not able to help.” Mir’grok said, looking away and Fluttershy moved forward. “Need Jedi. Help control rock power. Others scared.”

“There are more like you? Are they the ones who did this to you?” Fluttershy asked getting close enough and pressing her palm gently into the creature’s side causing him to hiss. “I’m going to help heal you. Please, let me help Mir’grok.”

Mir’grok was silent but relaxed against the touch. Smiling Fluttershy closed her eyes and focused, a green glow enveloped her hand before turning gold as it enveloped the side. When she heard Mir’grok’s breathing ease and the bruising around his side vanish. The allowed Fluttershy to know that she did what she could. She pulled her hand back and opened her eyes smiling at Mir’grok.

“Not Jedi. But healed Mir’grok. Strong power. Caretaker.” Mir’grok uttered, placing a heavy hand onto Fluttershy’s shoulder. “Mir’grok protect Caretaker.”

“then i suggest backing away.” Fluttershy’s head turned seeing Sans standing there his arms crossed. Mir’grok growled before Fluttershy placed a hand on his forearm saying. “Don’t worry, he’s a friend.”

“He captured you! Dragged you to this cave!” Asriel protested and Fluttershy nodded her head. “Right, pastel colored ponies tend to forgive things like that.”

“This is Mir’grok, he thought I was something called a Jedi. I think they were the people who lived in the building long ago. He needs help controlling his powers, it even scares his own people so he stays here. He’s having trouble communicating but it is easier for him than the rest of his species.”

There was silence as Asriel and Sans glanced at each other before looking back at Fluttershy who smiled at the both of them.

“let me guess, you’re taking him back to the jedi place.” Sans mused and Fluttershy nodded her head causing him to sigh rubbing the back of his head. “guess we should if there are more of his kind around. if they’re scared of him, then they should leave us alone.”

“Mir’grok protect Caretaker.” Mir’grok repeated with a nod of his head folding his arms over each other. “Go to Sacred Rock Den Temple with Caretaker.”

“temple? seems more like an academy to me.” Sans pointed out but Mir’grok growled towards him earning a shrug from the skeleton.

“No fighting you two, let’s just get back. Mir’grok seems to know a little more about it than we do.” Fluttershy told them, there were quick glances to each other before the rest nodded their heads. The trip back was silent. By the end of it Mir’grok was carrying Fluttershy due to the fact that she kept tripping over her own feet. Once they reached the entrance of the Temple she was set down on the steps and Mir’Grok sat down next to her.

“Wait for Jedi.” Mir’grok told them as he pulled out a token. “Mir’grok waits like Ancestor Fahsk did. Jedi will come.”

“There is no else here, just us.” Asriel spoke up as Sans just headed inside. “We’ve just been staying here.”

Mir’grok made a noise before following Fluttershy who walked inside. She noticed Asriel looking at the ground as Sans moved his arm before pausing by a dirt pile.

“Asriel, what’s wrong?” asked Fluttershy as Asriel attached himself to the dirt settling in. He looked away mumbling. “What if… the Jedi were destroyed? That this is all that is left? Just like the Underground? No one is ever going to know who lived there if they find it. They’ll just move on and….”

Fluttershy hugged Asriel tightly as she said. “We remember and we will carry that memory with us for as long as we live, Asriel. It will be hard but they are our friends and your family.”

Asriel’s eyes widened as a glow surrounded them causing Sans to turn around. The golden light had a green edge as it took on a form close to the height of a child around the age of eleven.

“fluttershy?” Sans asked as the light dispersed into butterflies revealing Fluttershy hugging a young Boss Monster. “flower?”

“It’s alright Sans, it’s just Asriel.” Fluttershy said as she sat back as Asriel looked at himself, his eyes widening. “If you want to remain like this.”

Tears welled up in Asriel’s eyes before he nodded furiously as he hugged her saying. “Thank you Fluttershy.”

“A job well done.” a voice spoke causing both Mir’grok and Sans to tense up, Sans summoning bones around him. “Be still, we are not here to hurt you.”

Two ghostly beings appeared, one seemed to be of a woman and the other a masked figure, though they quickly figured out it was a man.

“Wh-who are you?” Fluttershy asked trying not to push Asriel behind her.

“I am Master Satele Shan of the Jedi and this is Darth Marr.” the female spoke, while the one introduced as Darth Marr just stared at them. “We have been observing you.”

Satele seemed to regard them all though her eyes were locked with Fluttershy’s as she continued. “Things work differently than you are used to. We can teach you the ways of the Force.”

“Jediiii!” Mir’grok hissed before bowing lowly. “Mir’grok knew you would come, we seek to learn.”

“If you are willing to teach, then I’m willing to learn. Incase Mir’gok needs help.” Fluttershy answered and Asriel shared a sideways glance with Sans who just shrugged his shoulders saying. “i’m up for it. so do we take notes or….?”

“Only if you wish.” Satele moved past them entering a hallway to the left of the stairs. Fluttershy was the first to follow with Mir’grok close behind. Sans looked at Darth Marr before waving Asriel ahead. Marr moved past him and Sans followed making sure to keep an eye on him.