• Published 20th Feb 2021
  • 536 Views, 17 Comments

Fluttershy's First Trial: Years of Memories - Hikarikurai24587



For thirteen years she waited, for thirteen years she grew, Fluttershy reflects on her experiences in this galaxy far far away from what she has known. Her companions at first a skeleton and a talking flower from a time that haunts her.

  • ...
2
 17
 536

Stranded

Chapter Four: Stranded

Fluttershy still wasn’t sure about flying around in the ship. Even though Sans made sure everything was working they had made a promise not to use the hyperdrive. Even though they were given lessons on it, Sans wasn’t sure if he fixed it properly. They had decided to use the sublight drive to see how far it was until the next planet. They had enough rations for a few months and they took turns keeping an eye on everything while the other slept. It had been a few days since they left Tython and everything was going well. Sans was sleeping so it was up to Fluttershy in order to take watch. She was sitting on the bridge watching the stars, her mind beginning to drift back to the Underground.

Fluttershy was resting in the Wishing Room as she looked up at the ceiling. Frisk laying against her sleeping. Her wings covered him for the most part as she knew that the Captain of the Royal Guard was still looking for him. Frisk let out a small whimper curling closer. Fluttershy brushed his hair away from his face with her wings. She looked up at the ceiling watching the stones glitter and glow.

Fluttershy looked at her hands, guilt rising up in her. How could Frisk have done what he did without her catching on? Why didn’t she try harder to stop him? A beeping sound caught her attention as she looked over to see something had popped up on the sensors. She found the button for the intercom saying. “Sans, you better come up here, the sensors have picked up on something.”

She felt the air move as Sans appeared next to her looking out the window. The eyelights searched around before seeing something coming towards them fast.

“i don’t like the look of that.” Sans said right before the ship began to open fire. The ship shook as Fluttershy tried to steady herself. Sans placed a hand on her shoulder saying. “stay here.”

“What are you going to do?” Fluttershy inquired, turning to look at Sans, a shiver went down her spine as she saw a look in his eyelights. The left eye was glowing a sign that Sans was about to teach their attackers not to be messing with him. He didn’t reply as he vanished appearing outside of the ship. He was on top of a giant skeletal head launching a powerful attack towards the enemy vessel. The vessel fired one last volley at the ship causing the console to blast Fluttershy back. Her wings curled around herself as the ship began to distort.


Sans felt a shift causing him to turn his head as the enemy ship turned and fled. He watched in silence as the ship that had Fluttershy on it vanished.

“i’m boned.” he said before looking down at the giant skull he was standing upon. “wonder if there is an asteroid field nearby.”


A door opened in the room Fluttershy was in, revealing a tall Weequay alien. "Ah, welcome aboard my vessel girl! I am Hondo Ohnaka, at your service." He said with a bow. A young woman walked up beside him saying. “Hondo… she’s unconscious.”

"Oh right right of course. I just couldn't resist waiting any longer! Someone splash water on her, or something." Hondo replied, patting the woman on her back. The woman rolled her eyes before kneeling down examining Fluttershy. “Yup she hit her head pretty badly. Looks like the console exploded on her, can’t tell how she managed to get all the way out here. I’ll take a look at the navigation logs, then I’ll see what I can repair. Strange, a girl that young is out here all on her own.”

"Well hurry up Zenith, I don't want to wait any longer." Hondo said to her. Zenith looked at him with a raised eyebrow saying. “If you want to be useful, make sure the kid is comfortable. Just so she doesn’t freak out too much when she realizes she’s been boarded by pirates.”

She slipped goggles over her eyes before getting under the console to get it back in working order. Fluttershy let out a small moan as she began to fidget as she reached out unconsciously grabbing onto the hem of Hondo’s coat.

"Uh...she seems to already be waking up." Hondo said, pulling his coat away. Fluttershy sniffled as she curled into herself, wings wrapping around her.

“No, she’s just dreaming. People do that sometimes, Hondo.” Zenith replied as she poked her head out from the console. She climbed to her feet suddenly as she spotted the wings. “You know what, I’ve got her. Should be a room close by. I’ll lay her down and get back to work.”

"What, you think ol' Hondo isn't good enough? You insult me Zenith." Hondo responded with a fake sad expression. Zenith rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms across her chest staring at Hondo asking. “So you weren’t thinking of selling her just now? I may be doing you a favor, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t forgotten the last time we teamed up. You tried to sell me to a HUTT!”

Zenith backed off when she saw the other pirates tense up. “Fine, just remember Hondo, you backstab me and I’ll make sure your ship won’t get you back home.”

"Backstab you? You insult me again." Hondo said looking up at the ceiling with the back of his hand on his forehead.

“By the way, now she’s awake and running towards the back of the ship.” Zenith mentioned not even looking back. Fluttershy, who had activated her gift out of panic, was racing towards the bedroom. She hadn’t realized that Zenith wasn’t even glancing in her direction. Fluttershy tried to get the door open, though without the power it didn’t do much. Zenith didn’t even look at Hondo as she worked saying. “You better say something to her.”

"Ahem, let's try this again. Ah, welcome aboard my vessel girl! I am Hondo Ohnaka, at your service." Hondo repeated himself with another bow. Fluttershy turned to look at him almost hiding behind her hair. She looked away mumbling quietly. “I’m… Fluttershy.”

"Fluttershy! It is good to meet you." Hondo said, forcibly shaking her hand. "Now tell me what a little girl such as yourself are doing alone?"

“I… Sans and I we were attacked, Sans went out to scare away our attackers. The ship was hit and I was thrown back, I don’t know what happened… where’s Sans?” Fluttershy asked looking around as the power turned back on. Zenith let out a holler of joy shouting. “Got it!”

"Wonderful! Got what again?" Hondo asked with his hands in the air. Fluttershy muttered something about the power being back on as she began to curl up into a ball.

"Right right." Hondo said as he picked Fluttershy up, laying her over his shoulder. He walked over to Zenith and placed Fluttershy next to her. "You did say that you would take care of her, yes?" Hondo asked with a wink. Fluttershy let out another squeak as Zenith looked at him. “Careful Hondo, make her stressed out and we have another issue on our hands. Besides I have to look at these navigation logs, see where they were before making the jump to Hyperspace… wait that’s odd.”

"Well? Don't keep me in suspense!" Hondo said with a chuckle. Zenith turned around saying. “This ship didn’t travel through Hyperspace, the Hyperdrive isn’t on. It’s like the ship just jumped from one point of space to another. I’ll take a look at it and see what I can repair.”

Zenith paused as she looked at Fluttershy who’s form was shrinking. “And get her to calm down. Can’t talk to her while she’s panicking.”

"Uh...how would you like to wear my jacket over your little shoulders?" He asked taking it off and placed it on her head. "Now you can be a pira---er, Captain like me!"

Fluttershy peered up at Hondo before smiling, calming down somewhat. She hadn’t been this nervous since she had met Twilight. This wasn’t as bad as when she had to face the dragon.

"Oh it looks wonderful! Strike a pose with me." Hondo said looking down at Fluttershy. He stood forward away from Fluttershy and Zenith as he stretched his right arm out and pointed, with his left arm holding his side. Fluttershy just smiled shyly trying to strike a pose but ended up getting embarrassed. Zenith looked at the pirate taking the holo halfway on her way to look at the hyperdrive.

Hondo relaxed his stance as he bent down to look at Fluttershy. "How about you join my crew eh?"

“It sounds like a really lovely offer, but I don’t think I’m cut out to be a pirate.” Fluttershy answered looking at her hands.

"Pirate? Nonsense! We're a bunch of respectable fellows I'll have you know!" Hondo responded as he stood back up. The Weequay pirate just let out a chuckle as Fluttershy frowned before asking. “So what is it that you do?”

"We uh, we are adventures exploring the vast Galaxy and what wonders await us!" Hondo answered as he looked at the ceiling with a fist high in the air. Fluttershy wasn’t sure what to make of that before saying. “I don’t think I could be much help.”

"Nonsense you will be a great service to the crew! You can be...our mascot!" Hondo said with a half smile. Fluttershy blinked rapidly trying to figure out if that was a compliment or not. So she decided to take Hondo’s hand. “How about, just friends?”

Hondo shook her hand as he said. "Of course of course, but you will still join our crew yes?"

“Maybe when I’m older?” Fluttershy suggested knowing that she was still in a young form. “I don’t want to get in anyone’s way.”

"Fine fine when you are older. I will hold that to you, you know!" Hondo said as he turned to look in Zenith's direction. "Zenith, what in the world is taking you so long?!"

“Do you know how long it takes to repair a hyperdrive and make sure it is in working order?” Zenith called back sounding quite irritated. “You’re full of surprises but I don’t think you can work miracles!”

Hondo grumbled under his breath. "Sometimes I swear she acts like she is the captain on this ship and not I."

“I think that in the end she will still respect your orders. She just speaks her mind.” Fluttershy assured him as she reached up and patted his arm. “She reminds me of a friend of mine. I can see that the two of you are good friends.”

"Friend? I wouldn't...well ok I guess we are friends but well you know. She can be Zenith." Hondo replied looking down at Fluttershy. Fluttershy smiled saying. “But you wouldn’t change that about her, would you?”

"Depends on my mood." Hondo responded looking back in Zenith's direction. Zenith decided to say very loudly. “I heard that! Almost done and then we can get you back to where you were. Though I’m really curious about this Sans fellow. I don’t get how he thought it was a good idea to leave you by yourself.”

“We didn’t know that someone was going to attack.” Fluttershy answered, hiding a bit behind her hair.

"Maybe if we find this fellow he will also join our crew." Hondo said, putting a hand on his chin. Zenith looked at Hondo silently asking him if he was serious. Fluttershy glanced to the side saying. “Only if you don’t mind puns and jokes.”

"What? I am serious!" Hondo folded his arms glaring at Zenith. Fluttershy glanced between them as Zenith retorted. “I know you are, just let me have a moment of disbelief.”

“Umm… can you two argue after this is over?” Fluttershy asked quietly. “Or you don’t have to argue, that would be nice too.”

Hondo shrugged his shoulders and looked at Zenith. "Well? You finished?"

“Yes, I’m finished.” Zenith answered before looking around. “Also gave the engines a tune up, nothing major unless it’s docked, but it’ll do for now. I’m also going to need to talk to Fluttershy for a bit before we leave.”

"Sure sure, I will give you two some alone time." Hondo replied as he walked off. Zenith shook her head saying. “Seriously, reminds me of my younger brother.”

“I think he’s nice.” Fluttershy answered before Zenith gave her a serious look causing her to shy away. Zenith got straight to the point. “Fluttershy, I’m going to need you to be more careful about revealing your Equestrian Nature. The Outer Rim is fine, but here closer to the Core Worlds… they haven’t been introduced to Equestrians just yet. Somepony close to you will be coming and she’ll be the first one they are introduced to. Just make sure to disguise your wings and keep your tail hidden.”

Fluttershy nodded her head before looking at Zenith asking politely. “How do you know what we are?”

Zenith just chuckled saying. “They may not have been introduced to Equestrians, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t mingled before. Look, I gotta go. Hondo is probably wanting to cause mayhem to the Outer Rims and I need to get back to Florrum. My ship is there and I don’t want to risk anything happening to that beauty. Take care Fluttershy…. Oh! I also programmed your previous coordinates into the Hyperdrive. Just to make sure you get back to your friend safely.”

Zenith began to walk away shouting. “Alright Hondo! Let’s go cause some mayhem!”

Fluttershy almost didn’t believe what had happened as she walked to the bridge. She followed what Satele had taught her about activating the hyperdrive watching as space warped around them. It wasn’t a long jump and upon exiting she saw Sans flying around on the Gaster Blaster. All the fears and worries almost washed away, until she realized that her vision was covered by the coat. Looking down she could barely make out hooves. Her breathing increased and everything went dark.

It wasn’t long before Sans had gotten back onto the ship. He headed straight for the bridge to check on Fluttershy only to find a small pegasus filly unconscious in the pilot’s seat under a large coat. He let out a sigh of relief when after making sure she was alright before bringing her back to the bed. Making his way back to the bridge Sans started the journey back to Tython. He figured they had enough adventures for now.