• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 1,926 Views, 10 Comments

Child of Silver - WilliamShakeshoof



Percy Jackson/Pony crossover story. The usually virginal moon goddess Luna has a foal!

  • ...
5
 10
 1,926

Chapter 7: Child of Silver

Orion lay in his bed in Stable Eight. The scents of pine and other types of trees filled the air as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Orion was standing on an immense gray desert. He was dreaming. Ever since the past month, it had always been the same dream.

Off in the distance, the most beautiful mare beckoned him forth.

"Orion" she beckoned. "Come to me."

"Who are you?" he asked. He asked every night. Every night the maiden remained silent. It couldn't have been his mother, he thought. The two looked different.

The mare only smiled.

"Wake up Orion!"

Opening his eyes there was a filly only inches away from his face.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" he yelled.

The filly jumped off of the bed, laughing.

"Who are you?" He said, a bit frightened.

"I'm Dinky. I'm one of your mom's hunters. She sent me here to check up on you." In fact she was the only one that was willing to go. All the others, even Twilight, wanted nothing to do with him, as a colt at least, and Luna had accepted their decisions.

He went into the bathroom and quickly put on some new clothes. He decided to rewear the shirt, though. It wasn't dirty, at least.

He walked out and Dinky was already changed.

They made their way up to the dining area.

"Starswirl gave me the training schedule when I got here around dawn. First up is breakfast, then archery, then a very special hunting game in your honor, after that's dinner, and then free time."

"Sound's good with me. Wait, what kind of hunting game is it?"

"Oh, its just Venatio. Its really fun."


Orion stood in the middle of a pit. Dinky stood next to him.

"Are you crazy!" he yelled.

"Don't worry, you're the son of Luna, the alicorn goddess of the Hunt. Plus we have plenty of stuff that will heal you up, even though you probably won't need it. After all, its only 20 Elephants."

"That's what I mean, are you crazy? 20 elephants!"

A distant thundering could be heard. The ground shook. Orion could feel the tremors but couldn't yet see the elephants.

Oh, there they were. "What the hell, those things are not elephants." 20 of the most hairy looking beasts were charging down the open field directing toward him and Luna's Hunters.

"What! You thought I meant those puny things you see in zoos. No these are what mortals called wolly mammoths. We call them Calydonian Boars."

And boars they were. As big if not bigger than elephants. They each had two large ivory white tusks. The only different between them and wolly mammoths were they they did not possess the trunk.

"Mom, please don't let me die." Orion silently prayed.

His arm and the blade in it began to glow a brilliant silver. Suddenly, all he could focus on was how to best kill the beasts. He focused on the quick kill spots.The Brain , from any way possible,and the Heart, also by any way possible.

Time seemed to slow as he charged forward, gaining momentum. He leapt onto the head of the first Calydonian, and thrust his blade behind its skull. An instant kill.

Cheers issued forth the the campers on the sidelines.

Orion couldn't hear them. As soon as he had thrust the blade in he leapt from the tumbling beast and ran to the next nearest.

Dinky was keeping up but only just. She was just a second or so slower than Orion.

Within 20 minutes, all of the Calydonian boars had been defeated.

The crowd was on their hooves.

Orion stood on top of the last bleeding carcass. Finally he looked up.

"Orion... Orion...Orion" Andrea was yelling.

At that moment, he felt more exhausted then he had ever felt n his entire life.

"Woah.." he said, and suddenly collapsed.

He awoke to the scent of pine trees. He was in Stable Eight.

Dinky was sitting next to his bed. She saw his eyes open, and smiled.

"Wow, that's amazing. Berserker Rage like that hasn't been seen for a hundred years."

"What's Berserker..." Orion asked feebly. Andrea gave him another cup of nectar.

"Long ago ponies called it the Call of the Hunt. Hunters and warriors: demi-gods, would be able to become super-strong. But afterward, they were really weak, and always fainted or kinda just shut down afterward."

"How long have I been out?"

"Only a couple of hours, luckily we have nectar. Its lucky that you woke up, since it's dinner time."


"To Luna," he said, scraping the choice meat into the fire.

As he walked back to the Luna table a small wind picked up.

Over at the head table, a green mist suddenly arose, centered on Rosel.

Rose's eyes glowed green with smoke... and she became to speak with a voice as ancient as time.

"Child of Silver, you must be Bold,

Aided by foal of Fire and Gold.

The Goddess Luna grants you a boon,

Something once lost, now rests on the moon.

Go alone to the place without air.

And claim your birthright, the nightmare spear."

She fell silent. Orion was just standing there, between the Luna table and the fire.

"Orion," Starswirl said. "come here."

Wordlessly, Orion trotted over the the head table, where Buckkus, Starswirl, and Rose were sitting.

"Child of Silver, that means me doesn't it?" Orion said.

Starswirl nodded. "Unless your mother has any other children?," he said with a hint of sarcasm. "Yes, it means you."

"I think I can guess the rest. Well, since Silver is representing the Moon, the Children of Fire and Gold, probably means the foals of Hayphestus or Celestia. The rest is pretty straight forward."

"I'd say that's a fair assumption." Starswirl said.

About a moment later...

"Wait. My mom wants me to go to the Moon! How in Tartarus am I supposed to do that?"