• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 1,926 Views, 10 Comments

Child of Silver - WilliamShakeshoof



Percy Jackson/Pony crossover story. The usually virginal moon goddess Luna has a foal!

  • ...
5
 10
 1,926

Chapter 6: A different kind of Love

Orion slowly trotted over the hill and into camp. He made his way to the Big Stable.

It felt like everypony was staring directly at him, like he was some type of freak. In actuality, nopony was staring at him.

The Big Stable was just that, Big. Trotting up to it, even though he was the son of a goddess, it made him feel incredibly small and insignificant.

He knocked on the door.

"Come in." a mare's voice echoed from the attic.

Orion slowly trotted into the house.

Calling it a mansion would have been an understatement. It seemed even bigger on the inside, if such a thing were possible. Next to a cozy little fireplace there was a older pegasus in a wheelchair sleeping, Off on the other side there was somepony that looked like he went to a lot of college parties, he was even wearing a toga. The college student either failed to notice, or just simply ignored his entry. Orion knew right away that the college colt was a god, because he was an alicorn.

"Hello there." came the same voice from outside. Orion looked and coming down the stairs was a red haired girl. "My name's Rose."

"Hi. I'm Orion."

"So you're the new demigod that all over the Canterlot Enquirer. It says that you're the Son of Luna, but it hard to believe since that thing's nearly as bad as the normal Enquirer."

"Well, yeah, I am the son of Luna. Nice to meet you"

"I'm the Oracle."

The two of them trotted outside, and looked out over the camp. Rose pointed to a small stable nestled off to the side, it was nestled in between small dense group of trees right on the edge of the forest. "That's Stable Eight. Normally whenever Luna's Hunters are staying at camp they normally stay there."

She pointed to the next stable over. Sounds of Guitar Horse Hero echoed forth through the window. "That's Celestia's cabin." She then pointed out all the rest of the stable. Cadence, Armor, Poniseidon, Death, Faust, and the minor gods. Between the small stables and the Big Stable, there was another stable.

"What's that one?" Orion asked.

"That's where the unclaimed foals go who don't have their cutie mark. Once a parent claims them, they receive their cutie mark normally. Everypony gets theirs by age 13 now, but if they haven't or if their parentage hasn't been revealed, they stay in that cabin. They don't normally stay that long though. If a camper arrives to camp, normally if they're younger than 13 they get claimed within a year for the most part."

"So, even though I'm still a blank flank," Orion began.

"It's positive that you're Luna's son, you just have to figure out your special talent"

Rose led Orion down toward Stable Eight. As soon as they started passing cabins, doors opened and curious campers watched him pass. Though, none of them said anything until they got past the Cadence cabin.

"Be careful about those kids." Rachel warned.

"It's okay, I have an ace up my sleeve they'll never see coming."

A little filly stumbled out of the cabin sleepily. She couldn't have been much older than seven or eight. She was clutching a pink teddy bear and rubbed her eyes. She trotted up to them and looked up at Orion. "The other foals want to know if you're really the son of Luna."

Orion nodded. He loved foals, just like his mom. It was only when they got older the problems began.

"So your daddy's really special, then."

"Why do you think that?" Orion waited for a name.

"Mare-y.."

"Well Mare-y what do you think?"

"Well, its just that normally the the myths Luna doesn't really like to get attached. But it must've happened, cause you're here, but that means its really rare. So in a way its special, like True Wove."

"So Orion, do you have anyone special?" one of the Cadence foals asked from the window.

His eyes gleamed as he looked up into the sky "There's only one girl I could ever love, had ever loved, will ever love. So don't try anything"

There was a moment of silence, but only a moment.

"Oh, that's so sweet." another Cadence camper said. "Who is she?"

Orion just smiled as the Rose and him trotted toward Stable Eight while the other campers filed back into their own stables. It was getting late.

"Light's out in half-hour. That means you too, Celestia cabin!" Rose yelled.

"So who is your dad?" she asked.

"Well, its complicated. And I mean really complicated."

"Try me."

"Its me."

"What!"

"Yeah its kinda weird for me too. I'm supposed to be either the second of third reincarnation of Luna's best friend. Before her exile on the moon, I was called Orion, and was Pip when she returned a thousand years later. Now I'm Orion again. The only colt that Luna ever truly loved. She couldn't just get him/me out of Tartarus, so he/I drank from the Lethe, and Luna volunteered to me my mother."

"But... when you get older..."

"I know... I'm confused too. Ripe for an Oedipal complex...I guess." he chuckled.

"Well goodnight Orion." Rose said, and then started to walk back up to the Big Stable.

"G'night!" he called back.