• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 1,926 Views, 10 Comments

Child of Silver - WilliamShakeshoof



Percy Jackson/Pony crossover story. The usually virginal moon goddess Luna has a foal!

  • ...
5
 10
 1,926

Son of the Hunter

Since she was being forced to, Luna knew the first colt she was going to pick. It was the right choice.

"It's nice to see you again, Aunt Moon"

Luna smiled. To Buzz, she was just a well-loved Aunt. His mother had been her top lieutenant in her Hunters, before like many of them, the grew up and fell in love. She had been the best, the closest thing she had yet had to a daughter.

"Its nice to talk to you again as well, Buzz How's your mother?"

"She's good." Buzz replied.

"Does she still look up at the moon at night?"

Buzz nodded.

"Do you?"

"Yeah."

Not surprising, Luna thought, given who his mother was.

The phone rang. That was one good thing about not having foals. They didn't have to worry about using mortal means of communication. It nearly always attracted monsters.

She already knew who it was. It was Deke Colton. He was going to ask Buzz if he wanted to be an astropony.

"Say yes." she told him.

"Yes Deke, I will. Thank you for calling."

"It was nice talking to you Buzz, but I have some business I have to attend to. Tell your mother I said hello."

Out of sight, Luna disappeared and readied the moon for its nightly circuit.

If nothing went wrong, Buzz Aldrin would be the first man on the moon.

April 12, 1970 A.E

It felt so good to be loved again. All across the world, people looked up at the moon with a sense of deep reverence and pride.

She looked at the tiny capsule coming closer to her territory, and her smile faded.

It was infuriating. Celestia had pulled one of her little tricks again, almost like back in Troy. Not only did they name the missions after her sister, but now there two of her unclaimed sons on board.

She appeared in front of her.

"WHAT IN DISCORD DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING."

"What!"

"Don't give me 'What!', you arranged to have one on your colts put on the moon. And this is even after you got them to name the mission after you. O, the irony. Naming a mission to the moon after the alicorn goddess of the sun."

Celestia was speechless. Honestly she had no clue what Luna was talking about.

"Well, guess what sister, I won't have it. I don't want to do it, but as per the terms of our deal, they aren't going to land on the moon. I forbid it. None of them are going to get hurt, but these ponies are not allowed on the moon."

Off in the distance thunder boomed. A decree had been spoken by a goddess.

Just as quickly as Luna appeared, she disappeared again.