• Published 10th Feb 2021
  • 6,690 Views, 134 Comments

Good Times in Equestria: Thomas at the School of Friendship - GoebelTron



Thomas is now attending his Auntie Twilight’s new school and is about to learn more lessons regarding the importance of friendship.

  • ...
3
 134
 6,690

The School is Reopened/Friendship Always Wins

Later on, the Mane 8, the Young Six, the Crusaders and Thomas, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch and Jason Blood gathered at the entrance of the school.

“So, this is it?” Jason asked. Thomas nodded, and then Doctor Strange checked for dark magic on the lock. “There’s no reading from the Dark Dimension on this spell lock,” he said. “Chancellor Neighsay did this because he didn’t appreciate the idea of supporting friendship to other kingdoms,” Twilight said. “And he almost made me lose my new friends,” Thomas said.

“Twilight, could we add some curriculum like at a school from Thomas’s world?” Fluttershy asked. “What’d you have in mind?” Twilight asked. “Maybe some history, math, reading and literature, and science,” Fluttershy said. “It’s so that we can see if friendship works like that as well, like working together in groups during projects.”

“I think it’s a wonderful idea, Fluttershy,” Twilight replied. Before Twilight could open the door, she head a voice. “Twilight! I was so relieved to get your letter!” Princess Celestia said, before she saw Thomas smile and wave at her, and then the princess lowered herself down to comfort him with her hoof.

“As was Queen Novo. Oh, we're just glad you're alright, Silverstream!” General Seaspray said. Grandpa Gruff then walked to Gallus, “Don't expect a welcome party from me, sonny! It's time you got home!” Gallus smacked Grandpa Gruff from tugging his ear, “I'm not leaving.”

“Whaaaat?!” Grandpa Gruff asked, until he wheezed. “None of us are. Sorry, Thorax,” Ocellus said. “Yak not understand. This pony joke?” Prince Rutherford asked. “No. We're going back to school,” Smolder said, and then lifted Thomas up to hold him. “And going... with our friends.”

“How? You can't even get inside!” Ember said. Twilight then walked over to the gate, and she and Doctor Strange removed the lock and chains from the entrance. “School is back in session!” Twilight said, and the students cheered, until a magic portal started warbling, and Chancellor Neighsay appeared. Thomas then hid underneath Silverstream and hugged her legs.

“Who dared remove my seal?” Chancellor Neighsay asked, touching the pieces. “I did, Chancellor Neighsay! And I respectfully ask you to step aside, or classes will start late,” Twilight said. “Classes won't start at all! The EEA has spoken, and none shall pass!” Chancellor Neighsay said. “Yak pass if yak say! Hmph!” Yona said. “No. Let us hear what the princess has to say,” Doctor Strange said. “This is for the greater good. The school was disorganized, the teachers unqualified! And those dangerous and unpredictable "students" put ponies' lives in danger!” Chancellor Neighsay said. Prince Rutherford growled, until Ember growled back, “I'll show you unpredictable!” Grandpa Gruff, Ember, Prince Rutherford, General Seaspray, and Thorax started shouting, until Doctor Strange and Princess Celestia stood up to them, “Hold on, please! I'm sure Princess Twilight Sparkle has a good explanation for all of this.”

“I do! It's true that my School of Friendship is EEA-unaccredited,” Twilight said. “Then it is not a school!” Chancellor Neighsay said. “It's not an EEA school. It's a friendship school with its own rules. I should know. I wrote the book!” Twilight said. “And what if this happens again?!” Chancellor Neighsay asked angrily. “What if they cause more destruction and put more innocent ponies’ live in more danger?!”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Thomas shouted. “You know nothing about friendship!”

“And what would an ape like you know about friendship?!” Chancellor Neighsay asked. “He’s a human! And you can’t talk to him like that! He’s just a kid!” Rainbow Dash said. “What gives you the right to allow this... this animal into this school?” Chancellor Neighsay asked. “Thomas is my son and I love him, and he wished for a new home because nopony was there for him, so Princess Luna brought him here to be safe,” Fluttershy said, as Silverstream was holding Thomas in her right talon arm. “These students reminded me that every friendship is special, so the way we teach it has to be just as unique. My school is going to do things differently,” Twilight said.

“Allowing all of these creatures to attend your school, changing the rules for them – it simply won't work!” Chancellor Neighsay said. “That’s why you’ll never understand true friendship. I understand that because not only ponies are able to make friends, too. After all, I may have been here in Equestria for only a year an a half, but even I know that friendship, and I mean true friendship, can take a lifetime to understand.” Thomas said. Chancellor Neighsay raised an eyebrow, and Fluttershy made a warm smile. “Say what you want! You’ll never get a chance,” Chancellor Neighsay said. “That’s because you’re just being racist and rude towards other creatures you don’t know or understand their culture. I’ve seen their culture, and I’d love to learn more about them,” Thomas said. “I seem to recall something about Earth ponies, unicorns, and Pegasi doing something similar, don't you? And I’d love to hear this little one here teach us that,” Princess Celestia said, giving him a motherly kiss on his cheek.

“I promise you, Chancellor. My school will help protect Equestria,” Twilight said, as she made a confused eyebrow with a smirking smile. Chancellor Neighsay then growled, “Fine! But I will be watching!” He then jumped back into the portal and then disappeared.

“Doctor Strange, is it?” Princess Celestia asked. “Since I now know that you’ve come here for a sole purpose, we’d like to welcome you and your friends to Equestria.” Doctor Strange and his two companions nodded in agreement. “However, I’ll need to move the Sanctum Santorum to a different, but safer place in Canterlot,” Doctor Strange said. “Doctor Strange? I was thinking... would you like to be a teacher here at our school? I’m sure we’d like to hear some lessons from you,” Twilight said.

“Yes, I would. I will also explain why I’m here another time, so I’d like to enjoy this world,” Doctor Strange said. “And I’d like to get to know this little one,” Scarlet Witch said, as she hugged Thomas with her arms as his head was rested on her breasts. “I also would like to experience this world, and try to help protect it, since we’re also defenders of justice,” Jason Blood said. The students then cheered as they were happy that the school was back in business.

“Smolder, if you try to behave yourself, you can stay,” Ember said. “Thanks, Ember,” Smolder said, and then hugged the Dragon Lord, until Ember felt a hug on her leg. “I’m sure you can take care of her, right?” Ember asked, receiving a nod from Thomas, then she hugged him again.

“Uh, if dragon stay, yak stay,” Prince Rutherford said, as Yona jumped happily. “I know you will make the changelings proud, Ocellus,” Thorax said, as Ocellus nodded. “You belong here, Silverstream. And I’m sure your aunt will be so thrilled about the friendship you’ve made and how proud she will be about you having a pleasant time here,” General Seaspray said, and Silverstream nodded with incoherent excitement noises. “What? You belong at home! You think I care if you've made friends?” Grandpa Gruff asked. “Why not? Would you rather have me sulking to death? I’d like to get a chance to see more anyhow?” Gallus asked. “Alright, alright! Stop doing that!” Grandpa’s Gruff said.

“Guess I make a pretty good guidance counselor, huh?” Starlight asked. “Yes! Writing the rulebook was the most fun ever! I can't wait to start working on the new lesson plans!” Twilight said, until Applejack cleared her throat. “...with some help from my friends. And Thomas, you four are still allowed to come.” Thomas and the Crusaders cheered, “YAY!”

“Well, let’s get our lessons going!” Rainbow Dash said.


They all then entered the school happily, either trotting, galloping or walking.

This brand new school of friendship
Is home to everyone

We're learning how to trust

We're here to all have fun

With friendship ties that bind us

Tighter than the strongest bonds

We're hoof-in-hoof

In hand in hoof in wing or even claw

There's a griffon in the garden

Hippogriffs hang in the hall

And the door will be open
To all creatures great and small

And a yak or two or three

Sing in perfect harmony

That might have been a changeling

But it kind of looks like me

And maybe me too

This school of friendship is for all of us
A place where we belong
Where we all learn to share and trust
The only rule here is to find your way
And friendship always wins at the end of the day

Some things you just can't teach with books
Some things you only know
So trust your heart and let us lead
And your friendship's sure to grow

And once we master kindness
We will spread it 'cross this land

And give the gift that's ours to share
So others understand

This school of friendship is for all of us
A place where we belong
Where we all learn to share and trust
The only rule here is to find your way
And friendship always wins at the end of the day!