• Published 10th Feb 2021
  • 6,691 Views, 134 Comments

Good Times in Equestria: Thomas at the School of Friendship - GoebelTron



Thomas is now attending his Auntie Twilight’s new school and is about to learn more lessons regarding the importance of friendship.

  • ...
3
 134
 6,691

Thomas Leans In (Part 3)

After school ended, Twilight received letters from the construction crew that they hired, and they didn’t sound very good. “Oh... what am I gonna tell Fluttershy?” Twilight asked. There was a knock on the door, and she saw Thomas walking in, “You wanted to see me?”

Twilight nodded and then walked over to him, “It’s bad news, sweetheart. The construction ponies for your mother’s animal sanctuary? They’re not gonna do it. I’m sorry.” Thomas nodded with a soft whimper, but Twilight then pulled him over for a hug. “I’m sure we’ll figure something out, okay?” Twilight said, and then Thomas nodded in reply and kept hugging her, before he was dismissed while Twilight had to deal with some documents.

Thomas then went to the library for some privacy, and sat by a bookshelf. “I hope my Momma’s okay,” he said, before he thought of an idea. “I know how to help her sanctuary!” Thomas then went to go get the others and explain his plan.

Later on, they began the construction of the sanctuary by using teamwork, including strength, friendship, sportsmanship, and logically skilled knowledge.


Back in Manehattan, Fluttershy was still helping their customers with her professionalism towards them and they accepted her offers and took their time to pick and purchase. The raccoons went to Fluttershy and gave her a letter from Twilight and her friends, and she read it while Coco took over for a moment.

‘Dear Fluttershy,

I am writing to you because we’ve received word that the construction crew for your sanctuary didn’t like the idea you came up with or didn’t care about how much you felt about the animals and their sanctuary. We’re sorry that we couldn’t get it done, but I promise you we’ll let you know if we figure something out soon. We’ll see you soon.

Your friend,
Twilight Sparkle

P.S. - Thomas misses you and his arm is still bothering his sleep, but we’ve got it covered.’

Fluttershy then sighed in depression as she was disappointed about the sanctuary failing, then came back to her senses and continued helping the customers.

During break time, Fluttershy was crying about those poor animals cramped in Dr. Fauna’s clinic. Smoky, Softpad and Smoky Jr. then went to get Twilight by heading over to Ponyville.

At the School of Friendship, the raccoons explained everything to Spike and Thomas in Twilight’s office. “Okay, so while Rarity is dealing with a Canterlot fashion show, Fluttershy’s dealing with running the store with professionalism towards the customers and is treating it very well? But she’s feeling let down about the sanctuary?” Thomas asked. The raccoons nodded with sad chitters. “Gosh. That is bad news,” Spike said. “Poor Fluttershy. We better tell Rarity about this,” Twilight said. “Thomas? Do you want to go with?” Thomas nodded and then he went to get his travel bag ready for the train ride to Canterlot.

As they arrived, they stopped at the Canterlot Carousel, and then told Rarity everything. “She’s using professional customer service, and they’re accepting her offers very well? Now she’s broken down because of the animals and their sanctuary plan failing?!” Rarity asked. “Oh my goodness! We’ve got to do something!”

“But what?! You’ve got a fashion show to deal with!” Rainbow Dash said. “Actually, it’s rescheduled for tomorrow night, because I still need a pony acceptable for the dress,” Rarity said. “But take me to my Manehattan boutique. I want to see how well it’s going.”

Back at the shop, Fluttershy was still crying, until she saw other ponies coming over with concerned faces. “Fluttershy? Is that you?” Twilight asked. “Are you alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked. “No... I failed to help Dr. Fauna. Now those animals will be stuck there forever,” Fluttershy said as she continued crying, but Rarity helped her up. “You didn’t fail, darling. Those ponies were just cruelly careless about the thing you love most: animal welfare,” Rarity said. “And you’ve helped so well with your inner strength.”

“Oh... I guess I did,” Fluttershy said, as she saw Thomas hugging her. “What are you doing here, sweetie?”

“I came to see you,” Thomas said. “I also left a surprise for you back home, but can I see the fashion show first?”

“Of course, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said. “Yes, darling. You’re allowed to come, and whatever the surprise is can still be shown,” Rarity said, and then they all formed a group hug.

Later on, as it got dark, the ponies of Canterlot were ready for the fashion show, and Rarity was putting her new dress onto Fluttershy, and it was a white and blue dress with gold armor jewelry and gold shoes on her hooves, and her mane braided like a goddess. “Oh my stars, darling! This is certainly you!” Rarity said, as Fluttershy blushed. “The newest piece for my new collection – the Warrior of Inner Strength!” Fluttershy then did a walk around showing the ponies how gorgeous it looked on her, including her mane as some photographers took pictures.

Thomas then smiled warmly at her pride as Fluttershy winked at him.


When they got back, Fluttershy, along with the Mane 7 and Dr. Fauna came to see Thomas’s surprise while the Young Six were hiding. As they all arrived, the group gazed in awe as they saw Fluttershy’s sanctuary was fully complete and was like she visioned it, as there were hammocks, ladders, birdhouses, squirrel and chipmunk holes in wooden trees that were either planted or cut into smaller portions, and stone tiles to stand on. It also came with a small stream with a waterfall.

“Thomas? Wh-What is this?” Fluttershy asked. “This is your sanctuary, Momma. Our sanctuary, where we can come visit here and see how they’re all doing,” Thomas said. “But how?” Twilight asked. “We helped,” Silverstream said, as the other Young 5 and the Crusaders nodded in unison.

Dr. Fauna gasped, “Oh, Thomas! This is amazing! Thank you so much, sweetie. Now I won’t have to cramp enough animals!” Dr. Fauna then brought him over for a hug. “You’re welcome, Dr. Fauna,” Thomas said. “And they’re so happy,” Fluttershy said. “Now you should have plenty of room at the clinic. Because once you've treated them, they can recover here! With my help, of course.”

“Absolutely!” Dr. Fauna said. “Sometimes, all we need to do is believe in our dreams. And when we finally reach our goal, we'll know that it was worth what it took to get there, because the view will be even better than you imagined!” Thomas said. Then he and Fluttershy made another hug for his excellence and kindness for putting up the shelter.