• Published 10th Feb 2021
  • 6,691 Views, 134 Comments

Good Times in Equestria: Thomas at the School of Friendship - GoebelTron



Thomas is now attending his Auntie Twilight’s new school and is about to learn more lessons regarding the importance of friendship.

  • ...
3
 134
 6,691

Heartbroken Depression

Meanwhile, after the school was shut down, Thomas was in the park sulking while looking at the pond with tears falling down his eyes. “Thomas? Are you here?” Sunset asked, until she found him and brought him over for a hug. “You okay, sweetie?” she asked. Thomas shook his head and then he rested his head on her chest. “Your Momma’s worried about you. Come on. I’ll take you to her,” Sunset said, as she leaned over to let Thomas climb onto her back and then she and Thomas walked over to the Castle of Friendship.

Twilight was in her bedroom covered underneath a pillow fort with heartbroken depression about what she had done. As for the Mane 8, they sat in the living room, and Fluttershy had the girls next to her on the couch while she was holding Thomas in her hooves and cuddled up against her chest after Sunset brought him back.

“Poor Twilight,” Rarity said. “She worked so hard for this,” Sunset said. “Yeah, but I’ve never saw her like this since the many times I have,” Starlight said. “If only that mean pony didn’t shut down the school,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Thomas also ran off crying, but we didn’t have the guts to stop him,” Scootaloo said. “But it’s a good thing I found him recently,” Sunset said. “Well, I’m sure he’ll come around soon. He’s a strong kid,” Rainbow Dash said. “Momma? Can I go talk to Auntie Twilight?” Thomas asked. Fluttershy nodded, and then after he got off her lap, he walked over to Twilight’s room.

“Looks like we’re grounded for a month,” Scootaloo said. “No, no, no. It was only an accident,” Rarity said sweetly. “I’m sure those leaders will forgive you four.” Sweetie Belle and the other two nodded.

The door opened and Spike entered to check on Twilight. “Twilight? You feeling okay?” Spike asked, until Twilight replied with a muffled groan. Spike turned off the sad music, and then Twilight then made an incoherent groan. “Come on, Twilight. I’m sure something will come out. But look on the bright side, you’ll think of something,” Spike said. “No, Spike. It was a failure!” Twilight said. “I'm supposed to be the Princess of Friendship! And all I did was make enemies with Equestria's allies, upset my friends, and get my school...” Her eye twitched. “...unaccredited! There is no bright side!” She then blew her nose, after resupplying her pillow fort.

“Auntie Twilight?” Thomas asked in a broken tone. “Thomas? Is that you?” Twilight asked, until she saw him crying. “Sweetheart, what’s the matter?”

“C-C-Can I c-come in?” Thomas asked. Twilight nodded, and then he climbed into her pillow fort and nuzzled up against him auntie’s chest fur and hugged her neck. “Auntie Twilight! I’m sorry! It’s all my fault!” Twilight gasped and then hugged her nephew. “They never wouldn’t have left because of me! I didn’t mean to make you all feel bad! We were... We were just having fun!” Twilight saw how sad he was, so she brought Thomas closer to her. “We gotta get them back! We just gotta!” Thomas then cried underneath her chest fur as his tears stained her fur, causing it to get wet. “Shhhhhh... It’s okay, sweetie. I’m right here,” Twilight said softly, while hugging her nephew in cradle pose while laying on all four legs tucked underneath her.

“Come on, Twilight! You can't sit around in the boring dark all day!” Rainbow Dash said. “Exactly!” Applejack said, until Twilight closed the curtains. “Angel, you know what to do,” Fluttershy said. Angel then hopped onto Twilight’s bed and nuzzled with her. Twilight then placed her wing around the bunny, “I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, but not everything can be fixed. I’m just not in the mood right now, and I’m also trying to comfort a certain heartsick nephew of ours.” They then saw Thomas crying and nuzzled up with Twilight’s forelegs and his head buried underneath her mane.

They all nodded, until Twilight decided to get out of bed, “I just need some time to be alone and think, so I’m going to get some air and stretch my legs for a little while. I’ll be back soon.” She closed the doors behind her after leaving the castle. Fluttershy then took Thomas and held him with her hooves wrapped around him while sitting on the bed.


Twilight looked at her school as the big blue EEA lock sealed the entrance. “Oh...” Twilight said, looking down in sadness. “I wondered how long you'd take to get tired of pillow-fort pouting,” Starlight said, as Twilight turned around and saw her walking up to her.

“Everypony was so happy here, and the 5 students we’ve registered, and so was Thomas, but I feel like a terrible aunt. Plus, cheering me up won’t work, either,” Twilight said. Starlight made a short laugh, “I’m not gonna cheer you up. I'm gonna tell you what you did wrong.”

“What?!” Twilight asked. “You gave up too easily,” Starlight said, leaving Twilight beat. “Hey, you made me a guidance counselor. That means tough love,” Starlight said. “Neighsay was right. I failed. The school was a disaster,” Twilight said.

“So was I when you met me, and when you met Sunset the first time. But you showed me that when you know in your heart something is right, you stand up for it. You did that for me. Why not for this?” Starlight said. “I can't go against the EEA! They're in charge of all the schools in Equestria!” Twilight exclaimed. “And you're in charge of all the friendship in Equestria. Why should you let somepony else stop you from doing your job?” Starlight asked.

“But the EEA rulebook—“ Sunset suddenly cut her off, “Doesn't matter!”

“Look. You can write your own rules! Because you are doing something new. Something important!” Starlight said. “She’s got a point, you know,” Sunset said. Twilight then made a confident look, “You're right! Why we're doing this is way more important than how we're doing this! And we are doing this!”

“Now, that's the Twilight I know. How can we help?” Starlight asked. “You already have,” Twilight said.


Back at the Castle of Friendship, Fluttershy rocked her son up and down gently as he cried himself to sleep, until the door opened.

“Guess what? The School of Friendship is back in business!” Twilight said. “YAY!” the kids shouted in unison. “No offense, Twilight, but teaching at that school was the most boring, horrible, awful thing ever,” Rainbow Dash said, until Rarity looked at her with a sternly unamused brow. “What?”

“Uh, pretty sure she's gonna take offense to that,” Applejack said. “No, Rainbow Dash is right. I owe you all an apology. I was so focused on doing things the EEA way, I didn't listen to any of you. I'm sorry. I promise, this time, we'll run the school the way friends should – together, but with a little bit of regular school standards, and some of our personal traits,” Twilight said.

“So... we'd be allowed to teach however we want to, but with like how a regular school does?” Rarity asked. “Hand out pop quizzes, but have some of them about friendship or other basics of learning?”

“Party based basic learning teaching, including confetti cannons?!” Pinkie Pie asked. “Whatever you need to teach the Elements of Harmony, but with some modifications on the curriculum,” Twilight said.

“Yippeeeee!” Pinkie Pie said, as her party cannons fired confetti. “Well, in that case, we're behind you one hundred percent, Twilight. Sure hope this new idea of yours works,” Applejack said. “And Rainbow Dash... how do you feel about also the school’s gym teacher?” Twilight asked. “Aw, yeah!” Rainbow Dash said.

Spike cleared his throat as the Mane 8 looked back at Spike, “Just two small problems. The school is still unaccredited...” Twilight’s eye twitched after looking back at Spike, “...and we don't have any students.”

“I'll take care of the first part if you five can round up our class,” Twilight said.

“Totally! Uh... how?” Rainbow Dash asked. Applejack then thought for a moment, “Roundin' up the pony students ain't gonna be an issue, but...”

“The creatures from the other kingdoms seemed pretty upset with us,” Fluttershy said. “And my sweet baby boy and the girls miss them already.”

“Pfft! Nonsense! I'm certain we can win them over with our charm and style!” Rarity said. “Well, it’s not gonna be easy,” Sunset said.

At Yakyakistan, Pinkie Pie went over to apologize to the yaks, starting with Prince Rutherford. “Cupcake-gram for Prince Rutherfoooord!” Pinkie Pie said, knocking at the door until the yak prince answered. “Why pink pony here? Yaks mad at ponies!” Prince Rutherford said. “Because... you don't have to be mad anymore! We're reopening Twilight Sparkle's School of Friendship! And it's gonna be super-uper-duper better than before!” Pinkie Pie said, apologizing to Prince Rutherford.

“We’re ever so sorry about the misunderstanding. All creatures are, of course, welcome,” Rarity said, apologizing to the dragons, and Ember.

“We would be really happy if you sent your student back to class,” Fluttershy said, apologizing to the changelings, and Thorax.

“It won't be the same without 'em. We're open and ready to start teachin'—“ Applejack said, apologizing to the hippogriffs.

“—right now! So, what are you waiting for? Get your student and let's go!” Rainbow Dash said, apologizing to Grandpa Gruff.

“Not happenin'!” Grandpa Gruff said.

Rainbow Dash then groaned, “Do you need me to do the whole apology and explanation thing again? Okay.” After Rainbow Dash inhaled to repeat herself, Grandpa Gruff cut her off, “Listen, missy! It's not happenin' because—“

“Our student is gone!” the leaders simultaneously said in unison.

What?!” the Mane 5 simultaneously shouted in unison.