• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 2,401 Views, 59 Comments

Her Favorite Mailmare - luigilink32



Rainbow Dash has had a crush on Derpy for awhile, but doesn't get a chance to show her- until today

  • ...
3
 59
 2,401

Chapter 3

"How...what...why am I..." Rainbow Dash whispered as she looked at the gray colored mare in front of her.
Derpy glanced to the left side, avoiding her eyes.
"Uh, well, after I left, I was wondering about you, and uh...I went back to your house...and uh, you were sick. Yeah, sick. So I took you back here." Rainbow Dash stared disbelievingly at her.
Derpy tried to cover her nervousness with a smile, which was unsuccessful.
"Why did you bring me here, Derpy?" she asked emotionless as Derpy sighed.
"I suppose it's no use lying to you, Rainbow Dash..." Derpy looked off to the side, but turned and stared at Rainbow Dash with a deep determination.
"I...well, I sort of....like, well...I mean....I....-"
she paused for a second before releasing her most deepest emotions to the mare before her.
"I...love you, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash was in shock. She couldn't believe it. Here she was, standing in Derpy's very own living room, and she had admitted to liking her too!
It was like a dream come true, it was everything she had ever wanted, she never wanted this moment of pure joy to end, it was like a--
"GAAAHHHH!!" Rainbow yelled at the top of her lungs. She found herself on the floor, covered in her ow bed sheets.
"Oh crap!" a familiar voice beside her blurted.
"Scootaloo?! Is that you?" Dash threw the covers off her, revealing Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle in her bedroom.
"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU LITTLE MEDDLING FOALS!" All three crusaders yelped and galloped off in different directions.

Rainbow didn't bother to follow them, but instead seethed in the pile of blankets.
She wasn't pleasant on good days when she was woken up.
Add to the fact that she was awakened from a wonderful dream, which was another reason in itself, and to find three, albeit cute, intruders in her house, made her furious.
After she had settled down a little, she glanced about and noticed a bell and a broken window, which explained the loud noises she had heard in the dream.
After her anger had completely settled down, she began to feel despondent. It had just been a dream.
Just another dream. But this had felt so real. It was nothing like the other dreams she had about Derpy Hooves
She felt lonelier than ever and even began to sob into a pillow.

Finally Rainbow got over her feelings and determined to venture out into town and see what was going on.
Maybe she could find a friend to console her, perhaps she could visit the library, Twilight knew what it felt like to be lonely.

They could be lonely together.

This boosted Dash's confidence, so she flew straight to the treehouse, and knocked on the door.
There wasn't an answer, even when Dash stayed around for half an hour.
She gave up and flew high up over town. She landed on a fluffy cumulus and collapsed into it.
"Cloud...sometimes I think you're my only true friend." Cloud, being unable to speak, didn't say anything.
They drifted for well over an hour, without event, so Dash had drifted off to sleep.

Rainbow waited by the door, awaiting a response. It wasn't like her to take this long.
Finally Derpy answered the door, her hair tied up with a lovely muffin covered bow, and they grinned excitedly at each other.
Dash extended the crook of her left foreleg, and Derpy took it, giggling like a school filly, as they strolled off into town.

Dash slowly awoke. It was nice, not having her slumber disturbed.
She liked it, it gave her brain a few minutes to wake up and start functioning again. She stretched all the way across her tree branch, and--
"Wait...tree branch?" Dash suddenly sat up. Why was she in a tree branch? She had fallen asleep on a cloud, right?
She peeked out of the branches. This was the tree in front of Derpy's house. This day was just getting weirder and weirder.

She didn't see Derpy anywhere, which was a relief, she was in no mental state to deal with that right now. She cautiously slipped out of the tree, and stalked away. Right into Rose Luck's garden.
"Ow, ow eep, agh, OUCH!!" she leapt out of the bushes and clung to the tree she had just left.
Well, it was obvious she wasn't leaving that way. She slid down the other side of the tree and slinked away.

She hadn't even left stealth mode before she bumped into Derpy staring down at her, with her right eye observing her curiously and her left glancing into the garden.
"Heya, Rainbow Dash, what are you doing?" she asked harmlessly.
It was almost possible to see the exclamation point above Rainbow Dash's head.
She yelped, fell backwards, and crawled away a few feet before running into yet again the same tree.
"H-h-hi Derpy!" Rainbow Dash shouted before squeaking as loud as Fluttershy in a crowd would.She nervously tried clearing her throat to compose herself,but she was shaking all over.

Derpy giggled. "What were you doing in that tree again, silly filly?"
"Oh, you know, just...running a marathon." Rainbow Dash answered, wanting nothing more then to bash her head into a tree for such a stupid reply as Derpy giggled again.
"I didn't know I had a race going in my tree!" she said looking at her tree with fascination, well her left eye was at any rate, but she was all giggles today.
Rainbow Dash loved it and could barely contain herself at how cute she was acting.
"Hey, do you wanna come inside Rainbow Dash? I'm not working today, so we could hang out again if you want." she smiled widely.
"I love you! I mean- I'd love to!" she shouted causing Derpy to chuckle.

After they had settled down in the living room, with a platter of mini-muffins and some carrot smoothies, they began to chat again.
"So you're not working today?"Rainbow Dash asked Derpy calmly while taking a bite of a banna nut muffin.
"Nope, I got a day off for fixing the post office!" she replied with a large grin on her face, unaware that crumbs of her blueberry muffin was smeared all over her muzzle.
"Yeah...fixing." Dash was pretty sure it was unfixing, but she didn't want to screw this up by saying something rude, and she was having enough trouble resisting the urge to wipe the paste on Derpy's muzzle with her own tounge.

"What about you, Rainbow Dash? How come you haven't been taking care of the weather?" Derpy asked shyly finally noticing she had jam on her face as she licked it off, much to Rainbow Dash's disappoinment.
"Oh...well, I took a break for awhile. This time of year the weather doesn't take too long to fix up anyway, usually it only takes one pegasus." Rainbow Dash replied as she munched on a apple preserve muffin this time.
It was silent for a little while, Rainbow Dash began to look around at the decor.
The only pictures she could see in the room were of Derpy and/or some place or event. There weren't any that showed signs of any friends or family.

She turned back to Derpy when she felt eye pressure from her direction.
Derpy quickly looked away, but Rainbow Dash could tell that she had been staring at her for a long time, or maybe one of her eyes had, at the very least.
They both turned a light shade of red in embarrassment.
"Hey Rainbow Dash..."
"Yeah Derpy?"
"Um...I've been wondering...have you been...seeing uh, a special somepony recently?"
"No, I haven't...why?" Rainbow Dash could feel butterflies in her stomach.
"Oh, it's just I wouldn't believe it if somepony wasn't dating a pretty pegasus like you...." both their blushes deepened at Derpy's thoughtful and meaningful comment.

"Th-thanks, Derpy...." Dash smiled bashfully at Derpy who grinned back.
"Uh, Derpy...I've been meaning to ask you...."
"What is it, Rainbow Dash?" Derpy smiled very pleasantly making it so much harder for Rainbow Dash to get her question out of the jumble of junk she called her brain.
"If you..." she sighed. "If you could have just one pony to spend your time with...who would it be?" Derpy didn't have to think twice.
"It would be you, of course, Rainbow Dash, your my best friend." she grinned from ear to ear.
"Yeah but...why is that Derpy?"
"Because..." she paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. "Because you're the most awesomest, nicest, and most beautiful mare ever!"

Rainbow was shocked. Did she truly hear Derpy Hooves say that to her face?
She smiled but in a good way, she had never been praised so highly of before, let alone by her crush.
"I...I'm flattered, Derpy. Thank you." Derpy smiled pleasantly.

"Um..." Rainbow Dash began. "Derpy...are you...seeing anypony?" she asked who shook her head.
"Would...would you..." Dash stumbled over her words, her voice leaving her as she gathered her words and shouted them...Rainbow Dash style.
"Can I be your marefriend?!?" she nearly shouted.
Derpy recoiled just a bit, but quickly resumed her happy demeanor, her eyes both of them for the first time for a long time looking straight at her for a second before her right drifted lazily to the left and she was back to her normal self .

"Of course, Rainbow Dash! I'd love to have you as my marefriend!" she threw her forelegs around Rainbow Dash and they embraced tightly. For the first time in a long time, she didn't feel anything but this moment of pure excitement before her.
"Oh please, oh please let me not be dreaming again..." she thought to herself.
Derpy's hug pinched a bit of fur on her back.
She shuddered a bit. "Nope, definitely not dreaming..." she smiled widely and held Derpy tighter.

They finally let go of each other, blushing deeply.
"Heh...that was cool." Dash smiled giddily at Derpy.
"Yeah, definitely." She smiled back in the same manner.
"So...uh...are we gonna..." Derpy blushed even more.
"Um...maybe we should save that for later. We should, y'know, get to know each other a little bit better." Rainbow Dash was so red she could've been mistaken for a rainbow maned tomato.
"It's getting late Rainbow Dash...it's time for bed..." Rainbow Dash got up.
"...Right. Of course. Um, goodnight Derpy." And with that, she left.
Leaving the wall eyed Pagasus to her blissful but troubled thoughts as she grimly smiled.
"Good night." she whispered and went up to her bedroom at she heard her front door close.