• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 1,657 Views, 36 Comments

One Piece: Nakama is Magic - Roboman3000



A My Little Pony and One Piece Crossover Story. Come on board and bring along, All your hopes and dreams. Together we will find everything That we’re looking for.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,657

Granny Smith's Unexpected Past! Bonds Beyond time!

Many years ago, a still old but much younger Granny Smith was picking some apples from an apple tree and with her was a young earthborn male. He has red hair, and green eyes and is wearing a brown cowboy hat. He was helping Granny Smith collect apples by carrying the apples she picked in the basket. She picks one more apple and drops it into the basket, "That's the last of them." She said as she climbed down.

The young man helps her on the way. "Okay Ma, Ah take those to the town." He said, putting the baskets of apples in a wagon.

"Alright, Bright Mac," The young Granny Smith said, dusting herself off. "But Ah go with you to make sure things go right, ya hear?" She said to the young man.

The young man now called Bright Mac nodded and said. "Sure thing, Ma." They then left the farm with the wagon of apples.

In the town, Granny Smith and Bright Mac were handed barrels of different apple products to folks. Bright Mac then noticed that Granny Smith was looking up at the sky and walked over to her. "You okay, ma?"

Granny Smith snapped out of her trance and turned to her son. "Oh, sorry it just," Her gaze returned to the sky, "Ah’ve been living in this place meh whole life and never knowin’ what else is out there."

"What do you mean?" Bright Mac asked.

"Don't worry, Ah not saying Ah want to leave this place. Ah just want to see more out there." She exclaimed.

Bright Mac smiled at her and patted her on the shoulder. "Ah sure you will get your chance someday." He said, assuring her and returning to their duty. Everything was going well until a giant explosion happened in the middle of town. The explosions came from a cannonball that came from a ship but not just any ship, a pirate ship. Five pirate ships appear on the sea and make landed.

The pirates start attacking the town by plundering anything they can get their hands on and attacking anyone they see. The town folks try to run from them especially Bright Mac and Granny Smith who tries to escape with the crowd. "Come on, ma! We have to get out of here!" Bright Mac said as they ran with him, holding Granny Smith's hand.

But then, Granny Smith's hand started to slip from Bright Mac's. "Ah try, but meh hand it slipping!" And to make it worst, the crowd keeps pushing Bright Mac and Granny Smith until their hands finally pull apart from each other, and Granny Smith rolls out of the crowd.

Bright Mac noticed and tried to move back to get her but the crowd kept pushing him away from her. Granny Smith looked up and saw Bright Mac was gone with the huge crowd. "Bright Mac!? Where are y'all!" She shouted, looking for him. but instead seeing the town getting destroyed by the pirates. She got up and fled from the scene but two pirates spotted her and went after her. She moves fast to get away from the pirates, she then turns a corner into an alleyway but reaches a dead-end wall. She tried to turn around but the pirates caught up with her.

"Well, Well, what do we have here?" One of the pirates asked, with sarcasm. "A beautiful earthborn lady all alone."

"Stay back! Ah don't have any money for y'all, So get!" She uttered.

"Oh, we don't need your money." The other pirate placed his hand on her face. "You do just fine."

She then understood what he meant and slapped his hand away from her face. "No way you varmint! Get away from me!" She yells as she tries to swing at them but one of them dodges her and the other one uses the back end of his sword to hit her on the head, "Ouch!" knocking her to the ground, and she blackouts.


When she came through, she found herself in a ship cabin that was full of gold, treasures, and other goods. She tried to move but found out that she was tied up by ropes. This was bad, she was in an unknown place and quiet until someone came in. He was a huge gray ogre man with large hair that was bald on top and wearing a brown vest, long black pants, and brown boots. "Well, Well. We gain a good find here." He mockingly stated as he walked toward her and took a seat in front of her.

Granny Smith looked up at the ogre pirate in anger. "You dirty Pirate! Where am Ah!? What have yer done to meh Bright Mac!?" She growled at him.

The ogre pirate smirks at her and starts to laugh. "No clue, we took everything from that stupid town and left it to burn to the ground." His words left Granny Smith both mad and crying. "But don't worry, we are taking you to some special people that will make a fine bout of you. As a slave." He stated which scared Granny Smith with the fact that she going to be sold as a slave. Then a huge explosion could be heard outside and it caused the ship to shake a bit. The ogre pirate fell off his seat, "What in the world is going on!" He shouted as he walked back to the entrance doors but turned back to face Granny Smith, "You better pay enough for ship repair." His final words to her before he took off.

Now alone, Granny Smith tries in vain to break free as the battle outside goes on. She could hear all the cannons fired, slashes, and bodies dropping coming outside. It went on for hours until everything when silence and a huge cheer followed suit. After a few minutes, someone was trying to get the door of the cabin open. Hearing this, Granny Smith quickly hides in one of the treasures as the door finally opens. Then, two people walked into the chain and spotted the treasures. "Look at all that gold." one of them said.

"Yeah, let's get these back to the ship." The other said. And the two began to carry the treasures out of the cabin and as one of them lifted the last one he noticed the tied-up Granny Smith. "Hey Boss, we got someone." He said to the other.

And the other one was an earthborn male with slicked back hair and wearing glasses. He walks toward the two and stares down at Granny Smith. "Well, this is a problem." He stated while stroking his own chin.


Outside up deck, a bunch of men dress as pirates were walking back to another pirate ship while a few are beat up and knocked to the ground. The two pirates step out of the chain into the upper deck and make their way toward a male magicborn with black hair that is covering his eyes and wearing a straw hat. "Captain." The earthborn with the slicked back hair called to him.

The straw hat magicborn turned to them with a huge grin on his face. "Oi, took you guys long enough. So, what did you find?" He asked. The pirate with slicked back hair earthborn shows him the tied up Granny Smith. "Who's this?"

"We don't know, we found her around the crew's treasures." The slicked back hair earthborn told him.

"I see," The straw hat magicborn answer as looks at Granny Smith who is staring dagger at him.

"What goin' on!? Why are some of yer on the ground!? What game are ya playin'!?" She shouted at the straw hat magicborn.

Then, he explained to her. "Oh, we are not with the guys who did that to you. We just fought these guys and just taking their stuff."

"You still pirates, are ya." Granny Smith asked, coldly.

"Yeah, guess you're right on that." The captain said, he looked at her carefully while she still looked at him with anger. He then smiled and said this to her. "Hey, how about I take you too?"

"Huh?"


Later on, The other pirates make it on board their ship with the original crews' treasures and Granny Smith. On the ship, Granny Smith was standing face-to-face with the captain and the rest of the crew surrounding them. "Stay away from me!" Granny Smith shouted at him.

The straw hat magicborn holds out his hands in defense. "Whoa, calm down missy."

The rest of the crew were laughing at the scene. "Man, this woman is a riot!" One said, chuckling.

Granny Smith rushed toward the straw hat captain, trying to punch him but he dodge at the last second and fall to the ground. "Hey, what was that for?" He asked in a friendly tone.

"That ya think?! You took me like Ah you're darn prize!" She stated, bitterly as she got back up.

"Well, you didn't want to stay with these guys that were about to sell you as a slave. I thought it would be better for you to be part of our crew." He told her.

"You're still pirates! You're no better, Yer probably going to do the same! Plus, Ah would never join ya!" Granny Smith said.

The magicborn captain rubs his chin, "Hum. Well, if that's how you feel, then we can just send you back to your hometown." He suggests, "Tell us where you're from?"

"What!? No way! Meh home has already been attacked by pirates, ya probably would do the same." Granny Smith stated.

"Come on,"

"NO!" She shouted out loud, "Ah don't trust any of you!"

Seeing her stubborn attitude, the straw hat magicborn turns around and walks away from her. "Do as you wish." He said to her.

Granny Smith was angry at his action and ran toward him for another attack but like before he moved out of the way at the last second and Granny Smith ended up falling on the floor. The rest of the crew laugh at that, "Yup, this woman is going to be fun." One of them chuckled.

And it went on like that for a few days. Every time the captain walked around the ship or the pure sight of him, Granny Smith would try to attack him. Like when he was walking on deck she comes from behind and tries to hit him but he dodge again and she end up hitting the floor. The next time, The captain was resting on a wall, Granny Smith climbed on top of the wall and jumped down to attack him but ended up getting tossed aside. And next, he opens a door and runs at him with a sword but he knocks it away from her. It went on like this for days.


The next morning, Granny Smith was sitting down, covered in some dirt, and bruises, and with exhausted expressions. She was seated with her arms wrapped around her knees and head down. "Man, this is a sorry sight." A voice said to her, Granny Smith lifted her head up to see where the voice came from. The person was a young earthborn boy with light blue hair and a huge red nose. "I wonder how many failures you can take until you finally break?" He mocks her while Granny Smith looks at him angrily.

Then the red nose earthborn got hit in the back of the head and the person who did it was a young magicborn boy around the earthborn boy age with red hair. "Come on Buggy, don't be mean to our guest." The boy scolded him and then turn to Granny Smith, "Sorry about him, he always likes to act like a mean pirate." Granny Smith just glared at him. "My name is Shanks and this dummy is Buggy." He introduces himself and the earthborn next to him.

Then the earthborn now called Buggy pulled on Shanks' cheeks. "What the Hell, Shanks!? W did you hit me and who are you calling a dummy!?" The two start fighting while Granny Smith watches on miserable.

Then someone else appeared with a plate of food in his hand. "Alright boys, that's enough." He said to the young pirates which their do so, the person is the male earthborn with the slicked back hair and glasses. He walked toward and knee down to Granny Smith and handed her the food. "Morning, breakfast from the chief." Granny Smith turns away from him and the earthborn face turns serious. " Look, as much fun as your actions are, what exactly is your endgame? It's clear that you don't want to be here but you're not planning on telling us where you live, so how are you going to get back? Even if you can kill the captain, there are still the rest of us that are ready to avenge him. And even if you can beat us, you have no idea where in Equestria you are or how to sail this ship." As she listens to him, she realizes that her actions until now are pointless. "Look, it's okay for you to have this hatred toward pirates after what you experienced, but there are times you have to swallow that hatred and foolish pride to do what is best for yourself and the people around you." He got up and turned to leave, "If you really want to escape without our help, you can wait until we reach an island to seek off. You might find someone there that can help you get back. Do whatever you want, just make sure it's the right choice." That was the last thing he said before taking off.

Granny Smith, Shanks and Buggy were left stunned at what the earthborn said but buggy quickly recovered and said to Granny Smith, arrogant. "Yeah, Rayleigh is right. Quit being an idiot and do the right thing." He then walks off with Shanks following him.

"He he he, sometimes I think he just likes hearing himself talk." Shanks jokes.

Granny Smith was alone again to think about what the earthborn said. She stares at the food he left, picks up and takes a bite from it. "Eww, disgusting. What we originally had before the apples was much better." She put down the food and looked up in sadness.

Then out of nowhere, a cannonball almost hit the ship, making a huge splash as it hit the water. The cannonball came from an enemy ship and not just any enemy ship. "A vessel is coming from the northeast!" One of the crew that was on lookout callout. Granny Smith rushed to the rails to see the enemy ship, she looked over the horizon and spotted the ship but her eyes went wide once she saw that the enemy ship was the same one that attacked her home town and kidnapped her.

"No way," Granny Smith was now trembling in fear. "Why are they back? How did they find me?" She began to step back away from the rails in fear until the captain and the earthborn with the slicked-back hair placed their hands on her back, stopping her.

They both look over at the enemy ship coming toward them. "Wow, I don't know whether I should be impressed that they find us so soon or that they recover so quickly." The magicborn captain stated, proudly.

"Don't compliment them, you idiot!" The earthborn yells at the captain while hitting him on the head. "It looks like they'll come back for revenge or to get their treasure?" He then turned back to Granny Smith. "All their treasure."

The captain stepped forward. "Well, it looks like we need to teach them another lesson." He then turns to face the rest of his crew. "Alright men, let's give them hell!" He shouted and the rest of the crew cheered with their weapons in hand.

The captain ran toward the fight but before the earthborn with slicked-back hair could follow, he pulled Granny Smith aside to talk to her. "Look, it's better for you to hide for now. Those guys may want all their treasures back, including you." Before he can go off, "Or, with all of us focused on the battle, you can escape without any side's notice. Your choice." Then he leaves.

As soon as the ships were close to each other, "Attack!" All the crews start fighting each other. As all the pirates continued to punch and slash at each other, Granny Smith was hiding around making sure she was not noticed by any of the pirates. Then, she noticed a dinghy boat out in the open. Seeing this as her chance to escape, she takes it.

She quickly moves around to avoid any of the pirates and heads to the boat. She pushes off the ship into the sea and jumps right into it. "Ok, time to gets goin'." She grabs a paddle, getting ready to leave but realizes it. "Wait, where will Ah be goin'?" She questions herself, remembering the earthborn's words about her really not knowing where she is. "Maybe Ah can really find a island soon that can help." She said to herself, "Anywhere is better than here."

Then, someone else jumped into the same dinghy boat that Granny Smith was in. When Granny Smith looked up, she saw the person that was on the boat with her, was the ogre pirate who smiled down at her, wicked. "Found you." As he said that, Granny Smith’s blood ran cold. "Those idiot pirates probably spent most of our treasures. But with you, I make a ton more back by selling you to some rich asshole from the black empire!" As he kept talking, Granny Smith's face went from shock to enrage.

She starts using the paddle to hit the ogre on the face. "This is all yer fault!" She continued to swing the paddle at him, making him dodge it, easily. "You took everything from me! Meh home, meh family, give it back!" Then the ogre breaks the paddle apart with his sword, Then grabs Granny Smith by the throat and slams her to the floor.

"Enough of this foolish game. Now, behave yourself or I might have to break you a bit." He threatened but then Granny Smith threw a rock in his eye, making him scream in pain. "You little... " He shouted and was about to stab her with his sword.

But, the sword never went through her. She opened her eyes and saw something unbelievable, the straw hat magicborn captain appeared on the boat and took the stab for her, the sword went through his back to his left chest with blood coming out.

Both Granny Smith and the ogre pirate were shocked at the action of the magicborn captain. Before anyone could do anything, the straw hat captain back fist the ogre out of the boat. Then, he removed the sword and turned to face Granny Smith. "You okay?" He asked her while smiling and covering his wound with his hand.

She stares at him in confusement, this man who she saw as no better than the pirates who kidnapped her, the same man she herself has been trying to kill ever since she met him. Just got himself seriously hurt to save her. "W-wh... Wha.. Why?" She stuttered to come up with the words.

Then out of nowhere, a huge shark appears and it swims toward the three with its jaw open. "Oi! Time to move!" The magicborn captain then carries her in his arms(bridal style) and jumps them back to the ship. The ogre pirate tried to escape by swimming but the shark caught up with him and ate him along with the dinghy boat. Granny Smith and the captain saw the scene with their own eyes. Granny Smith covers her mouth in shock while the captain tips down his hat. "That a shame, the sea can be unforgiving place for anyone included pirates." He stated.

Then, the crew gather with the two after defeating the rest of the enemy pirates. "Wow, that was crazy! You okay?" One of the crewmates asked them.

"Yeah we both fine." The captain answers, not mentioning his stab wound which shocks Granny Smith.

"What! No, he’s lying! That ogre stabbed him through his back!" She told everyone.

"What!?" The rest of the crews shouted.

"Let me see it!" The slicked-back hair earthborn rushed over to him and checked for himself.

"Relax, it's not that bad." The captain said, trying to brush it off.

But once the earthborn got a good look at the stab wound. "Are you kidding me!? I can almost see right through it!" He shouted, then he and a few other crewmates grabbed the captain. "Come on, we are taking you to get medical treatment!" He stated as they take the captain away, much to his protest and Granny Smith was left to process all of this.


Late into the afternoon, Granny Smith was sitting in a corner waiting for news about the captain. With her was Shanks and Buggy, while the latter was walking around in a panic, the former was just hanging down his head. Then, the earthborn with the slicked-back hair stepped out from the door and the three ran over to him. "How is he?" Shanks asked.

"Please tell us he's going to make it?" Buggy asked, almost to the verge of tears.

He gave them a soft smile and said, "He’s going to make it but we need to take him to a real doctor soon."

The boys exhale in relief. "Ha, I knew the captain would pull through." Buggy said, trying to hide his tears.

"Come on, let's see him." Shanks said as he and Buggy tried to see the captain but the earthborn stopped them by grabbing their heads.

"No way, the captain needs to rest and it’s hard to make him do so even without you two." The earthborn told them and turned them away. Then Granny Smith walked up to the earthborn. "Ha, guess it's too bad for you he survived." He playfully jokes.

Granny Smith had her head low but spoke to him. "Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why did he do that for me!? After all Ah said about you guys and all the times Ah tried to kill him. Why would he save me!?" She asks, breaking down into tears.

"Well, that's just the person he is. He always was a man of impulse, started fights out of nowhere, said some unpredictable things and he even started this pirate crew because he found me when I used to own a house boat." The earthborn explain.

'Geez, this man sounds like he would be a pain to deal with.' Granny Smith thought.

He continued, "But, he’s somehow a man you can rely on and can make the impossible possible. That's why me and the rest of the crew are going to follow him until he reaches his goal."

Granny Smith still felt ashamed about everything that happened and then faced the earthborn. "Can Ah see him? Ah promise not to hurt him anymore." The earthborn nodded giving her his permission and then she moved to the door to the captain.


She walks down the stairs and enters the room where the straw hat magicborn is. He had bandages wrapped around his chest and right shoulder, he was seated on a bed with a bottle in his hand. "Oh, There you are. What, you want another shot?" He jokingly asked. "Well you probably might hit me this time." He then laughed.

Granny Smith didn't answer or reply to anything he said but after a few seconds, she finally said something. "Maria Ann Sherwood"

"What?"

"Meh name, it's Maria Ann Sherwood and Ah from a place called Ponyville."


After she finally told the captain where she came from, She, the captain, and the slicked-back hair earthborn were at a roundtable looking at a map. "Let's see here, Ponyville." The earthborn drew his finger around the map, looking for Ponyville. "Oh,"

"You found it?" The captain asked.

"Yeah but, the island where this Ponyville is on is too far away. It would take us months to get there. Plus if we do go, it will knock us off course to our original destination." The earthborn explain.

"Can we still get there?" The magicborn asked.

"Yes." The earthborn reply.

"Then it's settled, We changing course and headed to Ponyville." The captain decided.

But the earthborn and Granny Smith were taking a back at the captain's decision, Granny Smith then talked to him. "Are you really sure about this? Just simply changing your direction for someone like me?" She asked and the captain nodded with a smile. Then, Granny Smith gained a serious look on her face. "Well if that's the case, then I have an offer for you."


The next morning, The whole crew gathered around the captain and Granny Smith. The captain steps forward to face his crew and make an announcement. "Alright, everyone listen up. I'm afraid we are going to change our original course!" The rest of the crew gasped and had confused looks on their faces. Then, the captain pulled Granny Smith to his side and continued. "We are headed to a place called Ponyville, that is where our special guest is from and where we are going to return her. But in exchange for us delivering her home, Smithy here offered to work as our temporary cook." He said, placing a hand on Granny Smith's shoulders, smiled at her and she did the same. Half of the crew were unsure about this decision but the other half included the earthborn and Shanks were more into it. After a few more times, the rest of the crew were now on board with it and gave a loud cheer to confirm it. "Glad that's settled! Welcome to the crew, Smithy!" The captain patted her really hard on her back.

Then, the rest of the crew walk over to congratulate her. "Welcome on board, lady." One of them said, joyfully.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun having you around!" Shanks stated, happily.

Buggy just scoffed. "Yeah right. Whatever, she can stay."

The earthborn walks over to Granny Smith and places a hand on her shoulder. "Looks like you made a great choice."

"Yeah." She simply said with a grateful smile.


"And that was it. For months Ah traveled throughout the east blue with them. It was a lot of fun, Ah mainly served as the cook and made meh apple recipes for the crewmates. We visited many different islands and met strange things. Some were fun, others were insanely dangerous. But it was those places where Ah learns different recipes that help me improve on meh our apple recipes. We got into a lot of trouble with the navy and other pirates, Ah did meh best to stay out of many of them but Ah did pitch in at times. Even if most of the time it was dangerous, honestly, the time spent with them was the best time of meh life, but it had to end."

After many adventures, the ship has finally reached Ponyville and the town looks good as new, almost like it wasn't attacked by pirates a couple of months ago. Granny Smith looked over to the horizon at her home town. "This is it, Ah finally home." She said with a tearful smile.

The ship moved closer and dock when it got near to the land, Granny Smith was holding her bag then turned to face the rest of the crew. The straw hat magicborn walks up to her. "Well, I guess this is it. It was nice having you, Smith." He patted her head.

Then Shanks walked up to her. "Are you sure you have to leave? Can you stay a little longer?" He asks, a little bit sad.

"Sorry, but meh place is there with meh family." She said to the young man but gave him a soft hug.

Buggy turned away from her with his arm crossed. "Ha, guess we should have known you wouldn't be cut out for the life of a pirate. Fine, just go back to your boring life, see if we care.”

Granny Smith went over to him and gave him a soft hug too. "Ah miss you too, Buggy." She said, making him blush.

"Smith," The straw hat magicborn spoke to her, "Ready to go?"

"Yes captain." She grabs her bag and walks over to him.

"Hey Smith!" Then, the earthborn with the slicked-back hair called out to her. "Take care." He simply said.

"Got it." She replies toward him then she and the captain jump off the ship and into the land. “Goodbye ya!” She waved the rest of the crew off And the crew did the same with most of them crying her goodbye. She waves them off and follows the captain to the town.

Granny Smith and the captain were walking for an hour and when they reached the town, they saw the town folks pointing pitchforks and other objects at them. "Get out of our town, pirates." One of them told the two.

"That right, get out of here!" Another one said.

One more step forward to them. "We’re not gonna' let y'all take anymore from us!" As he said that, his voice sounded familiar to Granny Smith. She looked up and saw a young earthborn but not just each earthborn, her own son.

"Bright Macintosh?" Granny Smith said with bright eyes.

The earthborn looked more closely at the two but noticed Granny Smith. Once he did, he dropped his pitchfork and started to tear up. "Ma?" He softly asked and Granny Smith nodded in response. He ran over toward them and gave Granny Smith a huge hug. "You're back, you really back!" He said while crying. Granny Smith cries too and returns the hug with her own. Then Bright Mac turned back to the crowd. "Hey fam, get over here! Ma is back!" He called out.

Then a few earthborns appear out of the crowd and once they notice Granny Smith, they each start to cry. They ran over to her and start hugging her too. "Goldie Delicious! Auntie Applesauce! Apple Rose! Everyone!" Granny Smith calls each of them. It's soon revealed that the group of earthborns were all of Granny Smith's relatives, her family.

It was a happy reunion. With a smile on his face, the magicborn turned and left. Back with the family, an older earthborn just releases Granny Smith from his hug and looks at her with a tearful smile. "It's so good to see you again. But, how did you get back?" He asks her.

"Oh, it was thanks to..." She turned around to answer but saw the magicborn walking away. "Captain? Where are ya goin'!?" She shouted but he didn't reply. But Granny Smith just smiled and waved at him, "Thanks for everythin'! Good luck on yer journey!" She shouted, At that, the captain finally responded by raising his arm and waving goodbye to her too.


Back in present day

Applejack and Apple Bloom mouths were open wide after Granny Smith finished her story. "Y-you really join a pirate crew?" Apple Bloom asked, still in shock.

"Yup. It's strange, it happened years ago but Ah still remember it like it was yesterday." Granny Smith said.

"Ah don't believe it, How come we just hearin' about this right now?" Applejack question.

"Well, When Ah told everybody what happen to me on those ships, most of them were in shock when Ah told them by the fact Ah was about to be sold as a slave and in disbelieve that the pirate crew Ah travel with was good people. So, they mostly kept quiet about it to help me get over it.” Granny Smith explained.

“Oh, Ah sorry that happened to you, granny.” Applejack said to her grandmother.

“Don’t be. Honestly, thanks to the time Ah spent with them Ah was able to forget that Ah was far from home and Ah was about to be sell as a slave.” Granny Smith stated, joyfully but her granddaughters faces went pale after hearing the word “slave”.

Bloom recovers and asks a question. “So, if you were part of a pirate crew then does that mean Ah can be a part of Luffy's crew?” She asked, hopefully.

“No!” Both Applejack and Granny Smith said but Applejack shouted a bit.

“But, Granny you were…” Apple Bloom was about to point out.

“Only join to get back home. Leaving Ponyville wasn't my choice in the first place but having a way to get back was.” Granny Smith explained to her. “And besides Bloom, You are too young to be traveling in the dangerous sea.”

"Ya hear that Bloom, this is the last Ah want to hear about this pirate business. Got it?" Applejack asked her sister.

“Okay,” Apple Bloom answers with a grumble. “Ah’m going to bed. Night Y'all.” Apple Bloom got off her seat and went to her room.

Applejack sighs. "Well, Ah'm glad that's over. Ah better send a message to Twilight to tell her where Luffy is." She got up from her seat.

But then, "Applejack," Her grandma called to her. "Tell me, what do you think about that straw hat boy?" She asked.

"Oh well, Ah mean for a pirate he's not really a bad person." Applejack tries to explain.

But Granny Smith stops her. "Ah'm not asking what you think of him as a pirate, Ah'm asking what you think of him as a person."

"Oh, well, honestly Ah don't know how to feel about that guy. Ah mean he's annoying, rude, and can be crazier than Pinkie Pie and he can make me so mad at him Ah just want to punch him. But for some reason Ah can't find myself hating him."

Granny Smith smiled a bit. “So, he's looking to recruit you and your friends into his crew?”

“Yeah but don’t worry Granny, we all said no. We are just letting him stay until he gets his new boat.” Applejack explained. Granny Smith nodded and smiled at her response. “Well, Ah better get started on that message. Night Granny.” She was about to leave but stopped to ask Granny Smith a question. "Umm Granny, it's a bit late to ask, but why did you tell us that story?"

"Oh, it's just, seeing that straw hat again just makes me feel a little nostalgic, that's all." Applejack nodded and then left. Granny Smith was now alone with her thoughts. "So that boy inherited your hat from your old cabin boy, he must had a good reason to do that. From what Ah heard so far this boy reminds me a lot of you. Will he be the one to find that same thing you did? Roger?"

Author's Note:

You guys have no idea how much work I put into this chapter. I had to rewrite the draft for this chapter so many times, I had to change the idea. Originally, I had it to Applejack's father Bright Mac to join Roger's crew but it might interfere with his relationship with Pear Butter. Then, it was Granny Smith but I couldn't find any good ideas that she would willingly leave her family including her own son.

And I try to be as vain as possible with the ages of Bright Mac, Shanks, and Buggy. And the crew because I'm not sure about the timeline on both One Piece and MLP but I want to be around Roger's early year, way before Crocus joins the crew.

And Granny Smith's name in this. I wanted to use her real name in this since it can't have always been Granny Smith. I look online and found Maria Ann Sherwood.