• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 1,657 Views, 36 Comments

One Piece: Nakama is Magic - Roboman3000



A My Little Pony and One Piece Crossover Story. Come on board and bring along, All your hopes and dreams. Together we will find everything That we’re looking for.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,657

A Rubber Experiment! Rainbow Race to the Finish!

Somewhere on an island, the pirate ship of Crescent-Moon Pirate Galley can be seen docked there. And the pirate captain himself along with the rest of his crew are walking through the island's jungle. Galley was using his sword to cut through the leaves, vines, and thick vegetation on his trek deeper into the island.

"Where is he?" Galley asked as he sliced another vine.

One of Galley's crewmates walked right next to him. "Captain, are you sure getting Spiel to help is a good idea?" He asked.

Galley turned to his crewmate with a menacing glare. "Do I have to remind you it was your idea to get him?!" Galley yells at him. "I'm going to make that rubber brat and those six girls pay for making a fool out of me."

Suddenly, an explosion can be heard coming from deeper within the jungle. Galley and his crew move toward the sound. Through some bushes, Galley spotted a tall, lanky man who was a magicborn with a sallow-face, his hair tied into six short ponytails with rainbow colors, arranged in a hexagonal manner, and two of which stuck out of his tricorne. He wears a striped shirt, black shorts, a pirate belt, a tricorne, and an open vest. He was holding up a broomstick and was surrounded by wooden boxes.

"Please Spiel, Mercy!" That voice came from an earthborn male who was floating up high in a blue energy aura. "You already took everything from me, what more do you want?!" begged the man.

The pirate with the broomstick used his blue aura to hold the man up. "What I want... is to hear you scream." He chuckled as his aura began to crush the earthborn male as he screamed in pain.

Spiel continued torturing his victim until a voice called out to him. "Spiel!" He then dropped him and then turned to see it was Galley who called to him. Galley began to move toward Spiel, "Well, I see you're still a sick son of a bitch." He then offered him his hand and gave a wide smile, "It's great to see you again, first mate." Galley said.

Spiel took his hand and shook it, "You too, Captain." He said with a sinister grin.

The earthborn man quickly tries to crawl away as the rest of Galley's crew emerge from the bushes. "So, how was your mission?" The captain of the Crescent-Moon Pirates asked, He then looked over the crawling man. "Who is that?" He pointed.

"Oh, nothing, just a remainder from the village." Spiel answered, "Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that Panda-bird, It floated away with a blue-hair skyborn girl."

"Listen Spiel, we need you to come with us." Galley exclaimed, "Some no-good straw hat boy and his six annoying girlfriends make fools of us, we need you to come back with us to make them pay."

Spiel then turned away from his crew, "No thanks." He said, "I really need to get that Panda-bird back, and besides, you're telling me, my own captain and his brave crew can't handle a bunch of kids? You know what, I'm almost ashamed to still call you that after what I’ve heard."

"Come on Spiel, you can't say that!" Galley cried.

"Hey, it's not our fault that kid and those girls from Ponyville were tougher than we thought." The obese crewmate said.

Spiel stopped and replied, "Ponyville, you said?" He then looked toward the rest of the crew. "Tell me, those girls from Ponyville, what did they look like?"

Galley stuttered and said, "Well, those were two earthborns, one was a blonde-haired cowgirl and the other one was a pink-haired crazy girl."

"And then there were two magicborns, both had purple-hairs, the one with the white horn was really beautiful and the one with a purple horn was kind of nerdy with very flat chest." The obese crewmate finishes with a disappointed sigh.

Another crewmate said, "Also the last two were skyborns, one had rainbow color hair with cyan color-wings and another had light pink-hair with yellow wings."

"Ha, so it's them." Spiel replied with a sinister smile, "Very well, I will come with you to Ponyville. Not just to take care of those girls, but the straw hat boy as well." He began walking toward the same direction the Crescent-Moon Pirates came from.

As the crawling man was almost about to get away from the pirates, he turned back and yelled to Spiel, "You're going to pay for what you did! You freaking ugly pirate!"

Galley and the rest of his crew stood frozen in fear as they turned back to Spiel. A dark aura surrounded Spiel's body as he creepily turned to the man. "Did you just call me a freaking ugly pirate?" The little courage the man had left quickly dropped as Spiel glared at him. Spiel tosses up the broomstick he was holding and in a puff of smoke, it turns into two flintlocks. He grabs them and fires two bullets at the man. The bullets ignited and set him ablaze. Spiel continues walking in the same direction his crew comes from but then looks at them, "Are we leaving or not?" He asked them.

Everyone was just frozen as they watched the burning man screaming in pain, "Yeah, let's go." Galley said snapping out of his stupor, the rest of the crew followed them, leaving the poor man to burn to death.


Luffy, Twilight, and Spike make it to the shipyard. Twilight was talking to the owner of the place about making Luffy a new boat. "So, what do you think?" She asked the man.

"Well, just give me a few days and I will have something for you kid." He answered, pointing to Luffy.

"Thank you very much, mister." Twilight thanked him, and the owner returned inside the shipyard, "Alright, now that is taking care of, all we have to do is wait." She stated.

"Aarrgh...really? More waiting?" Luffy complained, "Fine, I'm going to do something fun."

Luffy was about to leave until Twilight grabbed onto his hand, stopping him. "Wait, Luffy!" She got Luffy's attention, "I was hoping that now we have some free time, I wanted to do some experiments on your Devil Fruit abilities."

"I don't know...it sounds kind of like nerdy, boring stuff."

"If you agree to help me, I will cook whatever you want." Twilight bargain.

"Deal!" Luffy agreed, licking his lips.

Spike looks at Twilight with disappointment, "Really Twilight? You're above using bribery."

"Sorry Spike, but I always wanted to learn more about the Devil Fruits and the effects they have on the people who eat them. And thanks to Luffy, now I have the chance." Twilight stated as she dragged Luffy by the arm back to her Golden Oak Library.


Underneath the library, in Twilight's personal laboratory, she was currently locking Luffy's limbs to the brackets on the metallic table. "Twilight, are you sure this is okay?" He asked his sister. Something in Spike's gut told him this wasn't going to end well...

Twilight picks up her notepad and answers him. "Don't worry Spike. Luffy's body is like rubber, it won't hurt him. But just in case..." Before Twilight could start she turned to the earthborn. "Luffy, let me know immediately if you feel any discomfort or pain."

"Kay," Luffy replied.

Twilight then activated the machine. It began pulling Luffy's arms and legs like a torture table. It kept on stretching out Luffy's limbs until Twilight turned it off. Twilight picks up a tweezer and uses it to pull some of his skin, "Interesting, your skin has the same fundamentals of rubber... " She placed a finger on it, "And it still feels like normal skin." She quickly wrote this down on her notepad. "Ok, let's check the rest of you." She starts to pull out a strand of Luffy's hair, "Hmm, doesn't seem like your hair has the same rubber abilities." She then uses the same tweezer on one of his teeth. "Or your teeth. Let's see about the rest of your bones."

She then brought out an X-ray scanner and used it over Luffy's body. When she turns it on, the screen shows her how Luffy's bones stretched along with the rest of his body. "Incredible! Even your skeleton is stretched out too! I wonder if we fill it up with enough air we can... "

"Hey, Twilight?" Luffy called to her, "This is getting boring, can we stop now?" He asked her.

"Yeah, me too." Spike voices out, "It's really getting uncomfortable watching you going all mad scientist on Luffy."

"I'm not going, mad scientist!" She stated, "But fine." She uses her magic to undo all the locks on Luffy and his limbs snapped back together. "We can move on to the next step."


"This is not better!" Spike shouted, as Twilight had Luffy tied to a seat and placed a metal helmet device with multiple colorful beeping lights on it. Twilight took off Luffy's hat and placed it on a table for safety. "What even is this?!"

"This helmet will send a shockwave of electricity from Luffy's head all the way down to his toes. Since rubber can insulate electricity I am going to see how it will affect Luffy." Twilight explained.

"Hey Twilight, what is this wired helmet for?" Luffy asked as he was picking around with it.

"Luffy, were you paying attention!? I just told Spike that the helmet will electrocute you!" Twilight screamed in outrage but then quickly calmed herself down and said. "Let's just begin."

Twilight activated the helmet and a stream of electricity surged through Luffy's body. "Okay Luffy, the helmet is at 100 volts. How do you feel?" Twilight asked.

Luffy shrugged, "Don't feel anything."

"Really? That's great!" Twilight said, excitedly, "Okay, let's try 200 volts, or 300?" She began to raise the volts of the helmet, She almost looked like a madwoman. "Amazing! You're alright at 1100 volts! You're really made of rubber! Let's see if we can go up another... "

"Twilight," Spike stops Twilight madness to point at Luffy's helmet. "The helmet is starting to break apart!" Spike stated in fear.

And he was right as the helmet was beginning to crack. "Is it supposed to do that?" Luffy asked, not too worried about what was happening.

"No worry guys, I just need to turn this off before it... " Twilight was about to turn it off until the helmet finally blew up, leaving a mess of soot around the three. "Explodes... "

Luffy just laughed the whole thing off, "Well, I guess that was fun!"

"Maybe it's time to take a break," Twilight said, still in shock.

"Alright!" Luffy said as he jumped off his seat. "I'm going to look for something fun!" He then took off but used his gum gum power to retrieve his hat.

Spike looks up at the shocked Twilight, "I guess I'll go get the broom." He left the messy lab and Twilight finally collapsed.


Luffy was walking around throughout Ponyville looking for anything to do for fun. Most of the townsfolk that Luffy walked past waved and smiled at him but Luffy didn't really pay any attention to them. Luffy kept wondering until he spotted Rainbow Dash sleeping on a cloud. He started waving and calling, "Rainbow!"

Hearing her name being called, Rainbow looks down from her cloud and sees Luffy waving to her. She growled at him then asked, "What do you want?"

"I am trying to find something fun to do. Hey, can I play with you until my boat is done?" Luffy asked.

"Why would I want to play with you?"

"Well, for one thing, you're a member of my crew!" Luffy shot back.

"WHAT?!" She shouted back to him, "In case you forget what Applejack told you, none of us are joining you! So just leave me and my friends alone, Straw Hat!" She turned back and tried to return to sleep but Luffy wasn't going to give up. Luffy stretched out both his arms on two buildings to do one of his techniques.

"Gum-Gum Rocket!"

He launched himself toward Rainbow, luckily she woke up on time to see what he was doing and moved out of the way before he could hit her but her cloud got destroyed in the process. "Oops, I missed," Luffy said as he stretched his arm out again.

"WHAT THE TARTARUS DID YOU DO THAT FOR, STRAW HAT!" Rainbow shouted at him but then Luffy stretched out his hand to grab onto her leg, "HEY! What are you doing?!" She asked him.

"Come on Rainbow Dash. I know you have adventure in your blood, why don't you want to join?" Luffy asked, still holding on to Rainbow's leg.

She answered, "Because I have plans way bigger than being a pirate. I'm going to join the Wonderbolts! They are the best aerial acrobatics team in all of Equestria, trained to perform death-defying stunts and since most of them are part of the Equestrian Army, I can't have a pirate reputation on my record." She stated, "Now, get off of me!" She tries to get Luffy off of her by flying around really fast.

Luffy, however, was still holding on to her leg as she zoomed around the skies. It was then that Luffy had an idea... "Hey Rainbow, how about we play this, and if I win then you have to join my crew. Sounds fun, right?" Luffy suggested.

"What?! You must be crazy if you think that this will get me to join your pirate crew." Rainbow stated but then got a wide smirk, "But, lucky for you, I never back down from a challenge!" She began to fly all around Ponyville to get Luffy off from her.

Luffy laughed as she increased her speed, "Now this is exciting!"


Meanwhile back with Twilight and Spike, after they get done with cleaning up the lab, they went outside to look for Luffy. "Come on Twilight, are you sure we should be looking for Luffy?" Spike question.

"Yes! You know the kind of person he is. He will probably find a way to get into trouble, we need to make sure that doesn't happen." Twilight explained.

"You know, you almost sound like you are his mom," Spike stated, barely holding a chuckle

"That's not funny, Spike," Twilight said as she continued looking around until she spotted the mayor holding forms of papers. "Is that the mayor?" She asked.

Mayor Mare was walking throughout the town until she bumped into a female magicborn. She accidentally dropped all the papers she was holding and crouched down to pick them all up. She looked up to the magicborn she bumped into earlier and called out, "Sorry about that miss."

The magicborn girl only replies with, "Pathetic mayor," And coldly walks away from her, leaving the mayor on the floor trying to get her papers reorganized in a sad and defeated state until a voice calls out to her.

"Mayor Mare, it is you." She looked up to see the voice came from Twilight Sparkle as she bent down to help pick up all her scattered papers.

"Oh, Twilight. I've been looking for you and your friends." The mayor told her.

"Really, what do you need me and the girls for?" Twilight asked as she gave back the papers the mayor dropped, she then asked another question, "Also, by any chance have you seen Luffy anywhere?"

The mayor looks almost disappointed and replies with, "Oh, mister Monkey D. Luffy," She turned away from Twilight and Spike to sit in a corner.

Twilight and Spike looked at one another in understanding, then approached the mayor. "Miss Mayor, what's troubling you?" Twilight asked her.

"Well, ever since the Galley incident, everybody has been giving me the cold shoulder because they think I'm a terrible mayor." She said, almost on the verge of tears.

"What?!" Twilight shouted. "Why would people think that?"

"Because of how I handled everything. I told everyone to abandon Ponyville and Galley would have let his crew destroy everything we have if it wasn't for you, your friends, and mister Monkey D. Luffy. I feel like an absolute coward."

Twilight placed a comforting hand on the mayor's shoulder, "You did what you thought was best at the time." She said reassuringly.

"Yes, I didn't want anyone to get hurt and as a leader, I always knew I will have to make choices that not everyone will like. But sometimes I feel like I could never be good enough for this town."

"No one could handle the kind of pressure you have to go through, I certainly can't," Twilight told her.

"But I think you can someday, Twilight." The mayor said. "In fact, one of the reasons I was looking for you and the other bearers is because I owe you all an apology for underestimating your abilities. You all had what it took to stop those dangerous pirates."

"Yes, but I assure you it wasn't easy for us and it was thanks to Luffy we were able to repel Galley and his crew. Mayor Mare, listen to me. Give the people of Ponyville some time to process what happened and they will come to realize you are a great mayor."

"Thank you, Twilight," She thanked her, "And I hope you're right because the last thing I need to hear is everyone wanting to elect mister Monkey D. Luffy as their mayor."

Twilight laughed and said, "Yeah, that's true..." Suddenly loud voices can be heard, the three look up to see Rainbow Dash flying around like crazy with Luffy clinging to her leg.

"Is that Luffy? And Rainbow Dash?" Spike asked.

Twilight nodded, "What are those two doing?"


Rainbow Dash was zooming around buildings, trees, and everything in between to get Luffy loose from her. Luffy avoided everything Rainbow had used to shake him off, all the while enjoying the experience. Rainbow felt the same, but she would never openly admit it. Looking back at Luffy, "Seriously, how are you still holding on?" She bemoaned.

Luffy only answers back with a laugh. "See, This is so much fun!"

"Darn it, there's no way I'm losing to Straw Hat at his own game. Time to pull out the big guns." Rainbow began by flying higher and higher until she dove straight down until she had created a colorful sonic boom, causing her to crash into the ground.

Luffy and Rainbow Dash laid in the crater that they had created. Both of them were exhausted until they began laughing. "Geez Straw Hat, you really are crazy!" Rainbow said as she sat back up.

"Yeah, but that was really fun, especially when you did that crazy rainbow explosion thing!" Luffy shot back up as he said.

"It's called the 'Sonic Rainboom'." Rainbow explained, "It's something that only a few skyborns can do. I've been able to pull it off since I was little."

"Awesome!" Luffy's eyes turn into sparkles, "You will make an awesome crewma... OW!" Luffy cringed in pain as he held his arm.

"You okay?" Rainbow asked in concern.

"Yeah, but I don't get why my arm hurts so much. I'm made of rubber, so why?" Luffy wonders, still holding his arm.

"If you say so," Rainbow said but then realized what Luffy said before, "Hey wait! What did you mean crewmate?! I won the contest!"

"Nah, I was still holding on when we crashed!" Luffy argues.

"Fine, let's do that again, only this time I will win! Let's do this Straw H... I mean Luffy." Rainbow declares but almost looks embarrassed at the last part.

Luffy smiles wide, until... "LUFFY! RAINBOW DASH!" The two look up from the crater to Twilight with half of the townsfolk with her. "What have you done?!" She asked angrily.

"Are we in trouble?" Luffy asked. Rainbow Dash silently nodded in response.

Author's Note:

I first want to thanks Hotspot the 626th for giving me the ideas on how Luffy and the main 6 bonds.

Spiel is from One Piece: Romance Dawn, Version 2 one-shot, and episode 907 of the anime.

And Twilight's part is from another My Little Pony and One Piece crossover story called Luffy in Equestria.