• Published 23rd Jan 2021
  • 579 Views, 45 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Star Cometh - Time Agent pony



Starro the Conqueror has finally reached Earth and seeks to add its superpowered inhabitance to his collective control its up to Twilight and her friends to stop him, but their allies and their abilities might not be enough

  • ...
 45
 579

Chapter 13

"Hal?" Twilight asked, "Hal Jordan?"

"Yeah," Hal replied, "nice to meet you and your friends, properly this time."

"Is it you?" Sunset asked, "not Parallax, this time?"

"No," Richard interjected, "he's not, anymore, I'll admit I had my doubts but Hal's actions have proved that he is once again worthy to be a Green Lantern."

Hal smiled at that, he had finally redeemed himself in Richard's eyes.

"Arrr," Lobo groaned, "the Main Man hates sappy, touchy stuff, ruins his style."

"While I agree with the Czarnian," Titus commented, "I think we have a more pressing issue at hand."

He pointed to the Starro drones as they all recovered from Richard and Hal's earlier attack.

"Alright," Richard nodded, he turned to Twilight and her team, "you guys and girls still got some fight left in you?"

"Always," Twilight replied.

"Alright team," NFL Superpro smiled, "it's time to save the world, let's play ball."

"CHAMPIONS!" Sunset cried, "TO BATTLE!"

"And Guardians of Xander!" Richard cried, "arrr......lambaste!"

"Really?" Hal said, "Guardians of Xander lambaste?"

"What were you expecting?" Richard replied, "it was all I could think of in the spur of the moment."

Hal and Richard's discussion over the team name/battle cry was tabled as both teams engaged the advancing Starro drones.

While the Champions and the Guardians of Xander battled against the smaller enemies on the ground, Gali, Galactus, Static, Fire Lord and Man Thing fought their own battle against Starro and the Faceless Hunter.

Starro was surprisingly agile, despite being a giant starfish, managing to dodge most of attacks sent his way.

His herald was likewise fast and agile, managing to dodge Static and Fire Lord's attacks.

"You cannot surprise me," he declared, "I have defeated many warriors across many worlds, there is no weapon in your arsenal that I cannot counter."

"Well, in that case," Static said, "I'll just have to think outside the box."

He throw a ball of electromagnetic energy, called a ball lighting, at the Faceless Hunter.

The projectile zipped passed the hunter, "It appears you have missed," he commented.

"I sure did," Static remarked, as the ball lighting arched back towards the Faceless Hunter.

Before the Faceless Hunter could react, the ball lighting struck him in the back.

As he tried to recover, Fire Lord hit the Faceless Hunter with a huge blast of flame, sending him crashing to the ground.

With Starro's herald dealt with Static and Fire Lord concentrated on helping Gali, Galactus and Man Thing.

The three were still trying to hit Starro, but only some of their hits were actually hitting the target.

They were hardly doing a good job of defending themselves, some had taken hits from Starro's attacks just as much as Starro had taken hits from theirs.

"You cannot stop me," Starro declared, "you and your mindless pile of slug cannot stop what must be done."

Starro fired at blast at Man Thing which hit him in the chest, blasting sewage all over Gali, Galactus, Static and Fire Lord.

Man Thing looked dead for a second, but after absorbing some more raw material, he was back to full power.

Before Starro could retaliate, Man Thing restrained him with vines summoned from some nearby fauna.

While Starro struggled against Man Thing restraints, Gali, Galactus, Static and Fire Lord combined their powers into one almighty blast of energy.

The blast hit Starro directly in the eye, ending the threat once and for all.

Starro went limp and then collapsed, after which he began shrinking until he was the size of a normal starfish, his skin dried out and his one eye closed.


Back at ground level, now that Starro was down, all the Starro spores detached from their victim's faces, dropping to the ground lifeless.

"Did we win?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash replied, as Gali and Man Thing returned to normal size, "I think we did."

Everyone let out a cheer, even Machine man looked like he was experiencing something like joy.

The cheer was cut short as they noticed the Faceless Hunter, who was still alive and aiming a laser rift at Twilight and the others.

"You have no idea, what you have done, what you have brought upon your world," he snarled, "without my master, this earth, all earths will burn."

"Lighten up will you?" Hal commented, "you and your master lost, the least you can do is just give up and surrender."

"Never," The Faceless Hunter declared, "I will carry on my master's work and save the multiverse, alone."

"Not if we take you in," Richard replied, "by the authority of the Nova Corp and the Green Lantern Corp, Hal Jordan and myself are arresting you for crimes against Xander and all the other worlds you and your master have invaded."

"NEVER!" The Faceless Hunter repeated, "I would rather die than be a prisoner of the Nova Corp or the Green Lanterns."

"Don't even think about it," Hal said, "we're bringing you in, alive."

"Then," The Faceless Hunter retorted, "if me and my master lose, then you are going to lose too."

He aimed his laser rifle at Fluttershy and fired.

Fluttershy didn't have time to react, so she closed her eyes and waited for the end.

But before the shot could hit, Magneto threw himself in front of Fluttershy, taking the shot that was meant for her.

Everyone was in shock, especially Pietro, Wanda and Polaris.

The shock was then replaced with anger, as Wanda grabbed The Faceless Hunter with her hex powers while Polaris snatched the laser rifle out of the alien's hands and destroyed it.

The Faceless Hunter quickly pulled out a smaller laser gun, only for Hal to slap it out of his hand.

"You're not getting off that easy," he said.

"And that's murder," Richard declared, "another charge added to your list, that'll land you in maximum security with zero chance of parole."

"Let the Main Man give you some advice," Lobo remarked, "prison food tastes like garbage, hope you have a strong stomach."

Richard placed some stasis cuffs on the Faceless Hunter, preventing him from moving.

As this was happening, Twilight and her team were gathered next to Fluttershy, while Wanda, Polaris and Pietro rushed to their father's body.

"Father!" Polaris cried.

"Polaris?" Magneto asked, "Wanda? Pietro? I'm sorry I wasn't always there for you, I have seen the evil in humanity but you have shown me that there is good and hope in humanity."

Tears formed in Wanda and Polaris's eyes, even Pietro was crying, all his hatred and distrust of his father finally disappearing.

"Can't anyone do something?!" Wanda asked.

"Please," Polaris said, "save him."

"Save our father," Pietro finished, tearfully.

There was silence, no one had the power to heal Magneto from his injury.

"Maybe I can help," a voice said, finally.

Wanda, Polaris and Pietro turned to see Gali stepping forward.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked, "can you save him?"

"I think so," Gali replied.

She knelt near Magneto's body and placed her hands on the spot where the wound was, closing her eyes and focused her Power Cosmic on the wound, like she had done with the mother turtle at the beach.

The fight with Starro had drained most of Gali's Power Cosmic, so Sunset helped by using her White Lantern ring to help supplement Gali's energy.

Slowly but surely, Magneto's wound began to heal and Magneto looked like he was returning to life.

"I've done all I can," Gali said, stepping away from Magneto's body, "it all depends on him now."

"Please, Father," Wanda whispered, "please, I need you, your family needs you."

"Come on, Father," Pietro said, "if you leave us now, I'll never forgive you."

At first, Magneto didn't move, then seconds later he coughed and gasped for air, opening his eyes.

"Wanda? Polaris? Pietro?" he said, as he slowly got to his feet, "what happened? Why all the tears?"

Wanda, Polaris and Pietro didn't reply, they simply hugged their father.

Magneto was still a little confused, but Sunset and the others explained everything, after he'd been released from the hug, of course.