• Published 23rd Jan 2021
  • 577 Views, 45 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Star Cometh - Time Agent pony



Starro the Conqueror has finally reached Earth and seeks to add its superpowered inhabitance to his collective control its up to Twilight and her friends to stop him, but their allies and their abilities might not be enough

  • ...
 45
 577

Chapter 5

"Arrr," Gali groaned, as she regained conscious to the smell of a twickie.

She opened her eyes to find all the girls gathered around her, the source of the twickie smell turned out to be Pinkie Pie, who was waving the snack under Gali's nose.

Suddenly, Gali felt incredibly hungry, like last time, she quickly grabbed the twickie and devoured it ravenously.

She then noticed that everyone was staring at her, "What?" she asked.

"Fluttershy told us what you did with the mother turtle," Sunset replied, "it seems you do have powers, did you know you could do that?"

"No," Gali answered, "I don't know how I...."

She stopped when Twilight put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"It's ok," Twilight said, comfortingly, "you should rest and take it easy, we're all here to help you whenever you need."

Just then the music from the boom box was abruptly cut off, "We interrupt this broadcast of the musical work of Countess Coloratuna," an announcer said, "to bring you a special bulletin, this looks like the end of the world as we know it, again."

"How many times has it been now?" Sunset mumbled.

"The orbital S.W.O.R.D. headquarters is under attack by...." the announcer continued, before he was cut off as the broadcast was replaced by different voice.

"People of Earth," the voice announced.

"That's an emergency S.W.O.R.D. broadcast frequency," Twilight exclaimed.

"But that doesn't sound like a S.W.O.R.D agent," Sunset added.

The voice continued, "I am the herald of the star conqueror, prepare your world for the end, prepare as my master approaches."

With that, the transmission ended and the news announcer returned, saying that the ones attacking the S.W.O.R.D HQ were the Guardians of the Galaxy, Adam Strange, the Green Lantern corps and the Nova corps.

The announcer also noted that the attackers had things that looked starfish attached to their faces, before the announcer was silenced after which the phrase, "Starro lives" started to repeat, luckily the girls turned the boom box off.

"Girls," Twilight said, "I think our down time is going to be put on hold."


Elsewhere on Earth, Genosha, an island nation built as a safe haven for mutants.

Magnus a.k.a. Magneto and his daughter Lorna Sally Dane a.k.a. Polaris gazed out at their nation.

They had just heard the broadcast from the herald of the star conqueror and now Magneto was deep in contemplation.

After a while, Polaris broke the silence.

"Father," she said, "what should we do?"

Magneto remained silent.

"Are you really going to leave my brother and sister out there?" Polaris asked, "do you not care for mutants out there?!"

Magneto still remained silent.

"What would your friend Charles Xavier think?" Polaris continued, "what would he say about you letting the world fall to an invading force?"

Magneto was about to answer, but fell silent once again, rising a finger to his lips signalling Polaris to be quiet.

"It seems that we not alone anymore," he whispered.

Right on cue, a laser blast was shot at the two.

Magneto managed to shield Polaris and himself with a magnetic field.

"Whoever or whatever you are," Magneto declared, "Genosha is under my protection, I order you to cease your actions and identify yourself."

"You presume to command me?" a voice answered, "you should be more worried about your world, you cannot stop the inevitable."

The person responsible for the laser blast stepped into view, he was holding a smoking laser rifle, the Faceless Hunter.

"I take it, you are responsible for that message just now?" Magneto inquired.

"You are correct," The Faceless Hunter replied, "my master has chosen this world as his next target and all who resist will join my master by force or be destroyed."

The Faceless Hunter aimed his laser rifle at Magneto and Polaris, ready to fire again.

But before he could fire, Polaris used her powers, causing the weapon to be wrenched from the hunter's grasp and torn apart, as if by invisible hands.

"I think you'll find," Magneto said, as the pieces of the rifle fell to the ground, "that all who live on Genosha are under my protection."

"That may have been true before," The Faceless Hunter replied, "but now, all those who live here as now Starro's loyal followers."

As if on command, the denizens of Genosha stepped out of shadows behind the Faceless Hunter.

All of them had starfishes on their faces and repeated the same phrase, "Starro lives."


Hours later, Twilight's house.

The girls and Gali, now out of their beach-wear, were in Twilight's room trying to look for allies to help and prepare for what they had heard at the beach.

"The only one I've been able to get through to is Laura Kinney and Victor Stone so far," Sunset said, as she finished a phone call, "they're on their way, but everyone else I've tried has been taken by this star conqueror thing."

"I don't get it," Rainbow Dash said, "these things only just arrived, how are they spreading so fast?"

Twilight thought for a moment, "If I had to guess," she replied, "I'd have to say it's because whatever this is, it must have infected the Flash, another speedster or someone will superspeed and that's probably how its being spread quickly."

"But why weren't Laura and Victor affected?" Applejack wondered.

"Well," Twilight answered, "it seems that because of Laura's adamantium skeleton and Victor's cybernetics, the thing that is infecting them can't get through metal or technology."

"So our only allies against this thing," Sunset responded, realising what Twilight had said, "are people who are ether robots, cyborgs or someone who's covered in metal or some inorganic material?"

"Correct," Twilight nodded, "I'll get in contact with Colossus and anyone else who's managed to avoid this thing so far."

"Sounds like a plan," Rainbow Dash smiled, "let's move."

"What about me?" Gali asked, as everyone got ready to leave, "I want to help too, I don't fully understand my powers yet, but I want to fight this thing too alongside my friends."

"Gali," Fluttershy said, "we would be honoured have you join us, if you're sure?"

"I'm sure," Gali answered.

"Then it's settled," Rarity smiled, "Gali, you're an official member of the Champions, welcome to the team."


Elsewhere, in Earth's solar system.

Richard, Hal and their ragtag group of allies were drawing close to their destination.

"Ok," Richard said, "we need to proceed with caution."

"Agreed," Hal nodded, "who knows who or what is waiting for us."

"Who cares," Lobo moaned, "as long as the Main Man can do his thing and get paid that's OK."

"Agreed," Death's Head nodded, "As long as I get paid, everything is good, yes."

"Whatever," Hal answered, "right now we need to focus on mission at h...."

Hal stopped, for what he saw was a sight like no other, it was Earth, but right now it was slowly being incased in a giant green dome construct.

"We're too late," Richard said, "The herald has already arrived, Starro is coming."