• Published 23rd Jan 2021
  • 579 Views, 45 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Star Cometh - Time Agent pony



Starro the Conqueror has finally reached Earth and seeks to add its superpowered inhabitance to his collective control its up to Twilight and her friends to stop him, but their allies and their abilities might not be enough

  • ...
 45
 579

Chapter 10

Devourer of worlds.

The same phrase repeated over and over in Gali's mind and what Uatu had said, you are the most important being in the universe, because of who you are, because of what you are.

"Who am I?" Gali murmured, "what am I?"

Gali's pondering of the Watcher's words were tabled as she noticed the girls and everyone else were bouncing idea off each other in order to get the starfish off of Miss Martian, but getting nowhere.

"I don't see why we don't just yank the thing off her," Rainbow Dash insisted.

"Because we don't know what effect that would have on Miss Martian," Twilight replied, "It could destroy her."

"We could poke it," Pinkie Pie suggested.

"Absolutely not," Rarity said, immediately, "it some kind of space starfish, we have no idea what kind of space germs it might have."

"Rarity's right," Machine Man nodded, "we don't have any idea about this starfish's biology."

"I think I can help," Gali spoke up.

Everyone stopped and looked at Gali, who had joined the others in the middle of their discussion, she approached Miss Martian and placed her hands on either side of her head, carefully avoiding the starfish on her face.

"What are you doing?" Midnight asked.

"Trying to help," Gali responded.

Twilight tried to protest but was stopped by Sunset.

"We've exhausted all options," she said, "maybe Gali's power can help us here."

"Alright," Twilight relented, she turned to face Gali, "just be careful," she instructed.

Gali nodded and repeated the same thing she had done with mother turtle on the beach, reaching deep inside herself and keeping the thought of helping Miss Martian in her mind.

Closing her eyes and focusing her energy she looked into Miss Martian's mind, looking for the link between her and the starfish.

Once Gali had found the link, she disconnected it, freeing Miss Martian's mind from the starfish's control and thus free her from Starro's control.

Miss Martian let out a huge gasp as the starfish detached from her face and drop to the floor.

"Welcome back," Static smiled, as he and Combo man released Miss Martian from the restrains and helping her off the table.

"Arrr," Miss Martian responded, "what happened?"

Then she noticed the starfish which was writhing on the ground.

"What is that thing?!" Miss Martian asked.

"That thing," Sunset explained, as she, using her ring, scooped up the starfish and put it in a glass box, "is one part of larger creature, a creature which is trying to create an army by enslaving all super-powered beings on earth."

"Fortunately, we managed to free you," Applejack continued, "with a little help from a friend."

"Hi," Gali said, "it's nice to meet you."

"Well," Miss Martian replied, turning to Gali "thank you."

Gali smiled, Miss Martian seem like a kind person and she was also different, like her.

"Anyway," Twilight interjected, "now that we have a telepath on our side, we need to spilt up, divide and conquer."

Everyone nodded and Twilight began laying out the plan, the teams and each of the team's objectives.

Team one consisting of: Cyborg, Combo man, Colossus, Applejack, Captain Citrus, Wanda, Sunspot and Magneto

Team two consisting of: Static, Man Thing, Kitty Pryde, Twilight, Midnight, Rainbow Dash, Pietro, NFL Superpro, Hazmat, Laura, Logan, Polaris, Rarity and Miss Martian.

Team three consisting of: Blue Beetle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Gali, Machine Man, Jocasta, Sideways and Sunset

Team one's objective: Find the source of the mysterious signal and destroy it.

Team two's objective: Run interference and try to free as many people from Starro's control as possible.

Team three's objective: Monitor everyone from the Bug and provide support and backup if possible.

As everyone was getting ready, Magneto pulled Polaris aside, "I know that your brother doesn't trust you," he said, "but please protect him with everything you have, just as I will do for your sister."

"I understand, father," Polaris nodded, "I will try to honour your wishes."

As soon as everyone was ready they all separated into their designated team.

"Are we all clear on the plan?" Twilight asked.

Everyone nodded, they knew what they had to do.

As Pietro was preparing himself, Polaris walked towards him, Pietro pretended to ignore her as she approached.

"I know you don't care for me or our father," she said, trying to get Pietro to look at her, "but I want you to know that I will help in whatever way I can."

"Yeah, sure," Pietro replied, "like I a told Magneto, your help is not required."

Even through Polaris didn't show any signs of reaction, Pietro's words cut deep.

Once everyone was sorted into their designated teams, they all moved out.

"This is the Bug," Blue Beetle declared, as he and his team lifted off, "you're on my screen, good luck everyone."


Moments later, Team One.

"Alright," Cyborg said, "according to my scanner, the strange signal is coming from the Madison Square Garden."

"We'd better get moving," Applejack nodded.

The team headed for Madison Square Garden, once there, they found the source of the signal, a strange transmitter device.

"Alright y'all," Applejack stated, "we've found the source.

"Now we just have to smash it," Combo man grinned.

"I'm with you," Colossus nodded.

The two charged at the device, only to stop as some familiar figures descended towards them, blocking them from the transmitter.

"I think we might be in trouble," Sunspot declared.

The figures were Superboy a.k.a. Conner Kent and Wonder Girl a.k.a. Cassandra Elizabeth "Cassie" Sandsmark.

"Bring it on!" Combo man proclaimed.

"Go!" Captain Citrus shouted to the others as Colossus and Combo man engaged Superboy and Wonder Girl, "me and Magneto will cover you."

Applejack nodded, she and the others dashing past the brawling heroes and getting up close to the transmitter.

"Okay," Wanda said, "we're here, now what?"

"Hit it with everything you've got!" Applejack replied.

Using her geode and her ring, she began punching at the transmitter.

Sunspot, Cyborg and Wanda began unloading all of their might onto the device.


Meanwhile, Team Two.

"Alright, guys," Twilight said, "keep your eyes open and remember the plan."

Her team were looking for people who hadn't been taken over by Starro or people control by Starro that could be freed by Miss Martian.

After a few minutes, the team came across some civilians being rounded up by some of Starro's mind controlled drones.

Midnight, Man-Thing, Rainbow Dash, Pietro and Kitty Pyde subdued the drones, without hurting them.

While the rest of the team freed the civilians and told them to get somewhere safe.

"Alright," Twilight declared, as Miss Martian freed the Starro drones from their mental controllers, "let's move, we don't Starro to be alerted to our action too quickly."

"Right," NFL Superpro nodded, "we gotta stay on our toes."


Lastly, Team Three.

"Everyone seems to be doing OK," Blue Beetle said.

"For now," Machine Man remarked, "we must be ready for anything."

"Agreed," Jocasta nodded.


Back with Team One.

"We're almost there," Applejack said.

She and her team had been focusing all their power and might onto the transmitter for a few hours, the material the transmitter was made of was stronger than any metal found on earth, but it was starting to give.

Combo man, Colossus, Captain Citrus and Magneto had dealt with the Starro controlled Superboy and Wonder Girl, they were now helping the rest of the team with the transmitter.

After a few more minutes, the transmitter finally crumbled and exploded.

"Well," Applejack remarked, as she and the others looked over the destroyed remains of the transmitter, "thats that."

"We are victorious," Sunspot cheered, "as soon as we tell the others it's party time."

But before anyone could continue the victory celebrations, a voice spoke, seemingly from nowhere.

"Fools," the voice said, it was the same voice from the radio when Starro had started his invasion, "did you really think that destroying one simple transmitter can stop my master?"

Before anyone could react, some invisible force began throwing Applejack and her teammates around.

"The transmitter is simply more efficient for my master to conquer worlds," the owner of the voice continued, as he became visible, revealing himself as the Faceless Hunter, "my master coming cannot be stopped, as the herald of the Star Conqueror, I am my master's eternal beacon."


Out in space.

Richard and his team were still fighting Starro's army.

"I think we're going to win," Hal said, "Starro's force seem to becoming less and less relentless."

"We can't afford to get sloppy," Richard replied, "just because there are less to fight, doesn't mean we can afford to let up."

Just after he had said that, a shadow fell over the team, a giant star shaped shadow.

"Oh no," he said.


Back at Madison Square Garden.

"Your effects are futile," The Faceless Hunter declared, "my master has come."

From the sky above, a giant star shaped object appeared.

Applejack and her teammates looked up as the clouds parted revealing Starro the Conqueror.