• Published 23rd Jan 2021
  • 579 Views, 45 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Star Cometh - Time Agent pony



Starro the Conqueror has finally reached Earth and seeks to add its superpowered inhabitance to his collective control its up to Twilight and her friends to stop him, but their allies and their abilities might not be enough

  • ...
 45
 579

Chapter 12

Elsewhere, in space.

Richard, Hal and their allies were still fighting Starro's army, when Starro's drones stopped, as if startled by something, then instead of continuing the fight, they started moving towards the Earth, as if the fight wasn't worth their time, even the ones projecting the dome around the Earth followed the same order.

"Hey," Richard exclaimed, "what gives?"

"Yeah," Lobo groaned, "the Main Man was just getting started."

"Richard," Hal cried, "my ring is picking up an energy spike, you're not going to believe this."

Richard took a look at the energy reading from Hal's ring.

"Impossible," he breathed.


Back at Madison Square Garden.

"What is this?" Starro asked, "some kind of joke?"

"No," Gali replied, "this is no joke, I now know who I am, I am Galacta, Daughter of Galactus, The Devourer of worlds."

"Impossible," The Faceless Hunter stated, "the world eater has the ability to conceive a child?!"

"No Matter," Starro said, interrupting his herald's shock and confusion, "she is still one, but I am many."

As if in answer, all the Starro drones that had been in orbit around the Earth finally appeared over Starro's location.

"Stand witness, child of Galactus," Starro proclaimed, "your allies have fallen, your strategies have failed and, oh, the end of all free will in the universe has come."

The drones, including some of Gali's friends, took aim at her.

Gali barely had any time to throw up an energy shield, before The Faceless Hunter, the drones and Starro all fired on her position.

As Gali was bombarded from all sides, she tried to think of want she could do to defend herself.

After a few seconds, Gali knew who to call.

As her shield slowly began to give out from the endless bombardment, she shot an all mighty blast of energy into the sky.

"I hope this works," Gali whispered, "I don't how long I can keep this up."


Somewhere, in deep space.

Galactus, Devourer of worlds, was in the process of devouring a planet when he sensed something, calling to him.

"What is it my master?" his herald, Fire Lord a.k.a. Pyreus Kril asked.

Fire Lord was a former Nova corps officer, but had agreed to become Galactus's herald after his previous herald left.

"Herald," Galactus commanded, "Galactus must travel to Earth, my child is in danger."


Back on Earth.

"Arrr," Gali groaned, as her energy shield finally shattered and she collapsed to the ground.

"It seems your efforts are futile," Starro remarked, "you have failed to harness and control your power."

"You have also neglected that you must consume worlds to replenish your powers," The Faceless Hunter continued,"what a shame, you would have been a valuable asset to Starro."

It took all of Gali's remaining strength to look the Faceless Hunter in the face, of which he had none.

"No matter how much power you had," Starro stated, "it will not be en...."

Suddenly, the star conqueror was cut off by a flash.

He and his herald look up as a spaceship appeared above the scene.

From the spaceship, the occupants stepped out, Galatus and his herald, Fire Lord.

Galatus size was immense, he towered over the buildings and entire city of New York.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Starro demanded.

"You will cease your attack at once," Fire Lord declared, "no harm shall come to the child of my master."

"Galatus has come to retrieve his offspring," Galatus stated.

"How sweet," Starro replied, "but you have arrived too little too late world eater, my army will soon destroy your offspring."

"That will not happen," Galactus replied, "Galactus will say this once: LEAVE THIS PLANET OR FACE THE FURY OF GALACTUS!"

"Your words cannot sway me," Starro retored, "I command all of Earth's superpowered population, what could you possibly do against might like that?!"

"You should not doubt the power that I wield," Galactus answered.

Before Starro could pontificate any further, Galactus fired a huge blast of energy at Starro.

Starro in response, took flight and fire off some energy blast from his tentacles.

As the two cosmic beings brawled with each other, their heralds engaged in their own battle.

Fire Lord blasted The Faceless Hunter with fire while trying to hit the his opponent with his flaming staff.

The Faceless Hunter likewise used his own arsenal to counter Fire Lord's attacks.

All this was happening while Gali watched, still utterly powerless.

"I have to help my friends and my dad," she said, "but without energy, I can't do anything."

Just as Gali was about to give up, when she noticed a twickie, which had fallen out of Pinkie Pie's pocket when she was taken over.

"Alright," Gali said, determined as she picked up the twickie, "it's time to get serious."

With that, Gali eat the twickie, refuelling her Power Cosmic and allowing her to use her powers to free her friends and their allies that were under Starro's control and reviving those that were unconscious.

"What happened?" Twilight asked, as she and the others were released from Starro's hold.

"Some of you were under Starro's control," Gali explained, "but I managed to free all of you."

"Darling," Rarity said, "where did you get that outfit and helmet?"

"Well," Gali answered, "it turns out I'm actually the daughter of Galactus and I may have summoned him to help us."

Everyone looked at Gali with a mixture of confusion and surprise, which was interrupted as the ground shook.

The source of the quake was Galactus, as he and his herald's battle with Starro raged on.

"We've got to get in there," Sunset said, as the two cosmic titans and their respected heralds continued clashing with each other.

"How can we?" Midnight asked, "no one here as any powers that even come close to Galactus or Starro's level."

"Also," Rainbow Dash added, "we are tiny, they are giant, none of us have any chance of fighting side by side with a cosmic kaiju."

"That's not strictly true," Gali interjected, "you've got me and Man Thing."

"Man Thing?" Applejack repeated, "how can he...?"

"Gali might be onto something," Twilight said, with a thoughtful look on her face.

"What are you thinking, Twilight?" Static asked.

"Well," Twilight explained, "Man Thing is made of raw material, if we could get him some more raw material he could, presumably, increase his size and mass."

"But where are we going to find raw material?" Sunspot asked.

"I think I might have an idea," Beetle Blue answered.

He outlined his plan, after which Rainbow Dash and Pietro got into position as instructed.

While everyone else kept Starro's drones at bay, the two speedsters put Blue Beetle's plan into action.

The plan involved opening all the sewer covers near and around Madison Square Garden.

"That should be enough," Blue Beetle said.

He turned to the Man Thing, "go for it, big guy," he smiled.

Man Thing seemed to understand and raised his hands.

The ground began to shake as all the raw material in the sewers rushed to the surface and was absorbed into Man Thing's body, transforming him into GIANT-SIZE MAN THING.

"Alright," Beetle Blue said, "now we have a fighting chance."

"Looks like our chances just got giant-sized," Rainbow Dash nodded.

Pietro, Rainbow Dash along with Blue Beetle quickly rushed back to the others at Madison Square Garden.

Once they had returned, Gali also grew to gigantic size and joined Man Thing, Galactus and Fire Lord as they engaged Starro and the Faceless Hunter, with Static going with Gali to act as her 'herald'.

As the titans and their heralds battled each, everyone else back on the ground, held off the hundreds of Starro drones that converged on them.

Twilight, her friends and their teammates tried their best to fight back, but slowly the drone started wearing them down.

When it looked like they were about to be completely overwhelmed, some of the drones where blasted aside and a green construct of a giant hand shoved a few of the drones aside.

Twilight and everyone else looked to the sky as the source of the two attacks descended towards them, Richard and his team.

Along with some unfamiliar faces, the girls recognised one of the members of Richard's little team and were surprised to see, Hal Jordan.