• ...
6
 144
 1,993

3. Operation: Ask Dusk Shine

As you were eating the dinner and the cake Mrs. Shimmer made which was, by the way, some of the best cake you had ever had. But all you could think of was what Sonata had said early. 'It's Dusk Shine', Dusk Shine was one of the popular kids at the school. You never really talked with Dusk Shine, and you never thought that Sonata would like a popular kid. You were still wondering why you felt so sad about Sonata saying she liked someone else, maybe it was just because it was Dusk Shine of all people.

Once you all finished eating your dinner and the cake you all got dressed for the night. After you all got dressed you brought your pillows and blankets with you to the tree house where the kids were allowed to sleep for the night. Once you all settled down your sleeping bags and everything you guys decided to finish the truth and dare game from earlier.

"Ok, so who's going to start?' You asked looking around at everyone.

"Well since Sunset is out and it's her birthday she can decide I guess?" said Twilight making sure everyone was ok with that.

"That sounds good to me, so who's starting, Sunny?" asked Sonata as she looked at Sunset.

Sunset thought about it and then made her choice. "Sonata you can start, then Anon, and finally Twilight." Sunset said as she made her decision.

"Ok, Anon truth or dare?" Sonata asked as she turned to you.

"Truth." You said, you weren't about to lose to some stupid dare of hers.

"Is it true that you didn't like the cake but you just didn't want to say anything?" Sonata asked. "I saw that the way you were looking during dinner, you didn't look like you liked it very much."

You were about to answer but then stopped. She noticed you when you were eating, and for some reason that made you feel happy inside. You then looked at Sonata, smiled, and shook your head. "Nope, in fact, that was one of the best cakes I ever had." You then turned to Sunset. "Sunset tell your mom she makes one good cake." You said with a smile.

"I will Anon, she'll like that a lot." Sunset said with a smile of her own.

You nodded as you turned your attention to Twilight. "Ok, my turn, Twilight! Truth or dare?"

Twilight thought about it and then made her decision. "Truth." It seemed as though she too was playing it safe.

"Be honest what happened in the bathroom on Wednesday?" You asked with a smirk. Everyone had heard the rumor about the incident in the girl's bathroom, but you wanted to know if it was true or not.

"I already told you the toilet wasn't working, I didn't break it." Twilight said looking away as she blushed.

"Ok, ok, jeez, I never said you broke it, I just asked, defensive much." You said as you rolled your eyes.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Whatever Anon, Sonata, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Sonata said confidently.

"Sonata I dare you to ask out Dusk Shine when we go back to school on Monday." Twilight said pointing at Sonata.

Everyone was silent, everyone was surprised, and Sonata was a blushing mess. You on the other hand were dumbfounded, did you hear that right? Or did you just fall asleep and all of this was just some weird dream you were having? Your thoughts were cut short once you heard Sunset say something.

"Are you sure that's a good dare to give her?" Sunset asked looking at Twilight.

"Yeah, and plus, she is our little sister." Adagio said, Aria shook her head in agreement.

"Yeah, but I mean this is a dare, and Sonata can forfeit the dare if she wants to." Flash pointed out.

"Well, Sonata what's your choice?" You asked as you looked at Sonata.

"I-um... I'll ask him." Sonata said looking down still blushing.






Silence.

You could hear a mosquito fly around if you listened hard enough. Sonata had said yes, Sonata was going to do the dare. She was going to ask Dusk Shine out on Monday.

Twilight stared at Sonata surprised. "I was sure you would say no Sonata, you don't have to accept the dare I can give you a different one if you want."

Sonata shook her head. "No, I'll do it, I've been wanting to ask him for a while now."

"How long is, 'for a while now' Sonata?" asked Adagio with a smirk.

"Um, for about a few weeks now." Sonata said looking up at everyone.

Everyone looked at Sonata surprised, they had grown to know that she wasn't good at keeping things to herself.

"Sonata, why didn't you say something earlier." Aria asked her younger sister.

Sonata shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't know what to do, all of this is new to me."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Flash asked looking at everyone.

"I second that opinion." You said. "I mean, it would probably be best to be fully ready to tell him, you know?"

"Look no offense Flash, Anon, but this is a girl thing not a boys thing, you understand right?" Sunset said looking at you and Flash.

"Yeah ok, I understand." Flash said as he turned to you and shrugged his shoulders.

You looked back at him and shrugged your shoulder, you then turn to Sunset and nod your head. "Right sorry, this is odd to us I guess."

As the girls were talking about Dusk Shine and how Sonata should ask him, you and Flash started playing a game of cards which he had thankfully brought over. After a whole game of cards, the girls were still talking about Dusk Shine and Sonata, laughing and giggling the whole time. You hadn't noticed until now but a whiteboard was now suddenly in the treehouse. How did it get there, you didn't know. You and Flash started to get a little tired so you two decided to speak up.

"Hey me and Anon are getting tired, so if you guys could maybe hold the conversation for tomorrow." Flash said looking at the girls as he got into his sleeping bag.

"Yeah, it is getting late, I guess we can talk about this tomorrow, good night everyone." Sunset said as she too got into her sleeping bag.

"Goodnight." Everyone said.

As everyone headed to bed, you still thought about what had happened today. First Sonata tells everyone that she likes Dusk Shine, then she gets dared to ask him out. Finally, the girls make a plan to make Sonata ask out Dusk Shine. You wondered why you were still thinking about it, but you decided to stop thinking about it and just go to bed.

That morning the girls pretty much forgot about you and Flash as they kept talking about how Sonata would ask Dusk Shine. You and Flash played with Sunset's video games until your mothers came to pick you guys up. Once your mothers came to pick you up you and Flash headed back home.

"So how was the party, Anon?" Your mom asked you.

"It was good, we found out that Sonata likes a boy at school and she's planning on asking him out on Monday." You said as you looked out the window.

"Ah, young love I remember when I was your age and I liked someone just like her." Your mom said thinking back.

"What happened?" You asked wondering what happened in your mom's past life.

"That's a story for another time." Your mom said with a smile.

After your mom said that you got home. The rest of the day went by, in a blink of an eye. As night came by you were starting to wonder what would happen tomorrow. All you could do was just wait and see. You hoped for the best for Sonata but at the same time you didn't want Dusk Shine to say 'yes', but why?

Monday is a day that everyone can agree on, sucks. As you woke up you did your morning activities get dressed, brush your teeth, and get your backpack. As you walked out of your house you saw Flash so you decided to walk with him to school.

You walked up to Flash and waved. "Hey Flash, what's up."

"Nothing much. Hey, do you think Sonata will really ask Dusk Shine out?" Flash asked looking at you.

You nodded. "Probably, I mean you saw how she and the rest of the girls were acting."

As you headed to school you kept talking about all kinds of stuff. It was always fun walking to school with Flash. It normally took about five minutes but talking to Flash only felt like a minute or two walk. As you to got to school your eyes almost immediately saw Dusk Shine talking to his friends. You looked around trying to see where Sonata was but didn't see her, maybe she got scared and decided not to ask him.

"Hey Anon, is that who I think it is?" Flash asked making you turn to see what he was talking about.

As you turn around your jaw almost hits the floor. It was Sonata, her ponytail was now down which she never does, she had on a blue dress, and some... makeup? 'Ok, this is crazy Sonata never where's makeup or has her hair down.' Sonata was also surrounded by Adagio, Aria, Twilight, and Sunset. You guessed they were there for moral support. You and Flash headed in their direction to see what was up.

"Hey guys, is Sonata going to actually ask Dusk Shine out?" Flash asked looking at the new Sonata.

"Yeah she is, we're just giving her our support." Sunset said putting a hand on Sonata's shoulder.

Flash nodded and smiled at Sonata. "Oh, well in that guess I wish you good luck Sonata."

You nodded as well and gave Sonata a smile and a hug. "I also wish you good luck."

"Thank you, Flash, Anon." Sonata said as she hugged you.

"Sonata you remember what we taught you." Twilight said looking over at Sonata.

"Yep." Sonata said with a big smile as she looked over at Dusk Shine.

"That's a miracle." Aria said crossing her arms. She just wanted this to be over already.

"Sonata, don't worry about Aria, now hurry up and ask him." Adagio said as she started pushing Sonata toward Dusk Shine.

"Ok, ok don't get to rush me." Sonata said as she stopped Adagio.

As you guys started following Sonata you started to feel sick all of a sudden. After every step, you felt even more nauseous, and finally, Sonata was right in front of the most popular kid at school Dusk Shine. He looked at her and she looked him right in the eyes.

"Um... H-hey D-Dusk Shine." Sonata said stuttering.

"Hey Sonata, can I help you?" Dusk Shine asked as he looked at Sonata.

"Um... I wanted to a-ask you a q-question." Sonata said breaking eye contact and looking at the ground.

"Sure what is it." Dusk Shine said with a small smile.

You waited for Sonata to ask the question that was killing everyone with anticipation. You didn't realize it but you were actually saying 'say no' repeatedly in your head over and over again. But why, you wanted the best for her, didn't you?

"U-Um I l-like you a lot and I was w-wondering if you wanted to be my b-boyfriend?" Sonata said, she turned her head expecting the worse to come.

She said it, Sonata asked Dusk Shine and there was no going back now it was either a yes or no. Dusk Shine stayed quiet as he just looked at her, maybe he didn't know what to say or he was just as surprised as you.

"Only if you want to be my girlfriend." Dusk Shine said with a smirk as he looked at her.







Heartbroken.

That's all you felt, Dusk Shine had said yes to Sonata. Sonata and Dusk Shine smiled and hugged in front of you and everyone else, as they cheered for the new couple. But as for you, you put on a fake smile to make it seem like you were happy, but in fact, you weren't. As the bell rang you quickly left and headed to class by yourself.

You started to think about everything that had happened and why you felt the pain that you were feeling. First Sonata says she like Dusk Shine, then Twilight dares her to ask him out, and now Sonata asked him out, and then to top it off he said yes. As you put all the clues together you finally figured out why you felt heartbroken.

You liked Sonata.

Author's Note:

Starting next chapter the book will actually start, the first three chapters were a flashback before the story begins.