• ...
6
 144
 1,989

22. The Power Of Friendship

It had been a week since the Semi-finals and it was the day before your match with Dusk Shine would be. Your leg had gotten better, it still hurt but at least you could walk. You were still worried if it was enough to battle with but you weren't going to wait any longer to battle Dusk Shine. It was midday Sunday and you were currently in your room trying to think of a plan. Dusk Shine wasn't just going to be a walk in the park for you to win against. He was the champion for a reason and he seemed to prove it throughout the whole tournament, he had only lost one point and that was to Aria. Your door then opens, and as you turn around to expect your mom or dad you see Flash, Twilight, and Sunset. Why were they here, at this time?

"Hey, Flash, Sunset, Twilight, why are you guys here?" You asked as you got up from your bed.

"What? We can't come to our friend's house?" Sunset asked as she gave you a joking smile.

You gave her a joking smile back, you knew that she was just messing around with you. "No, of course not. You can come over whenever you want, I just want to know why you're here is all."

Flash went over to you and wrapped his arm around your neck. "We came so we could help you train for the finals. You're going to need all the help you can get if you want to be able to defeat Dusk Shine."

You looked at him surprised as you then turn to Twilight and Sunset who smiled and nodded back. "Wow, thanks, guys." You then looked down at the ground. "Yeah, I don't really have a strategy to beat Dusk Shine."

"Fortunately for you, you have us." Twilight said as she pushed her glasses up.

You, Flash, and Sunset nodded your heads as Flash then gave you a smile. "Anon we never got to fight since I didn't join the club this year, so what do you say? Want to have some one on one, just you and me? It'll be some good practice for you for tomorrow."

You looked back at Flash with a smile. "Yeah, I'll take you on."

"And while you two spare I can take notes on Anon's fighting style." Twilight then suddenly pulled out a notebook and pencil. "Then I can give you valuable information on how to get better and a plan to beat Dusk Shine."

You looked at Twilight surprised. "You've taken notes on Dusk Shine?" If she could give you those notes about Dusk Shine that would be a big help to you.

Twilight looked up from her notes. "I took notes on everyone." You rolled your eyes, even after all these years Twilight was still the same as ever. Of course, she would have taken notes on everyone, that's just who she was.

"Never change, Twilight." You said with a smile. "So from your notes who has a better chance of winning between me and Dusk Shine then?" You wanted to know, if you had any sort of chance then that would be good.

Twilight looked at her notes and did some quick calculations as she then looked back up at you with a frown on her face. You then frowned back, that wasn't good. "Dusk Shine has an 89% of winning while you only have a 25% of winning."

You thought about it, 25%? 25% wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. But regardless of how it looked like you would still win no matter what. "Oh, ok. That's pretty good. Oh well, come on Flash let's make me stronger."

Flash looked at you with a smile. "Yeah right behind you Anon."


You and Flash had started doing some one on one sparing battles. He would win some and you would win some. Twilight would give some insight into what you were doing wrong and what to do better. While Sunset was telling Flash to act more like Dusk Shine when battling. He tried his best to do that but he couldn't. You hadn't known it but it's been almost three hours since the two of you guys started training.

You took a water bottle and took a big sip out of it. "Thanks for helping me, you guys. It means a lot, I just have to beat Dusk Shine."

"Don't worry about it Anon it's fun. Plus from what Twilight's saying you've gotten stronger." Sunset said as she looked down at Twilight's notes.

Twilight looked up from her notes with a big smile. "It's true now your chance of winning has gone to a 75%. If you keep this up you could win."

You nod your head too tired to talk. But that was good, definitely an improvement from earlier, now you had an even better shot at beating Dusk Shine and it was all thanks to your friends helping you out. If it wasn't for them who knows where you would've been? You turn over to Flash who was taking a sip of water for himself. "Flash you ready or are you getting tired."

Flash looked up at you as he stood up. "Nah, I'm good. But instead of training, we do a serious match. First, to 3, Sunset will be the referee. What do you say Anon or are you scared?"

You rolled your eyes at Flash. As if you would ever be scared of Flash. "Yeah let's go."

Sunset then stood in front of you two to act as the referee. "Ok, you guys know what to do. Bow and you can begin."

You both bow and the match begins...

With Adagio, Aria, and Sonata

Adagio and Aria were sitting down on the couch in the living room. They were both on their phones not knowing that Sonata had entered the room. Sonata sneaks up on Aria and pulls on Aria's pigtails.

"Ow!" Aria yelled as she looked back at Sonata. "What was that for Sonata?!"

Sonata smiled as she took a seat on the couch. "No reason, whatcha doing?"

"I was relaxing until you decided to pull on my hair." Aria said as she glared at Sonata as she touched her hair. It hurt now that Sonata decided to pull her hair.

Adagio looked at her two sisters and sighed, not looking up from her phone. "Will you two calm down? Is it so hard to not get on each other's nerves for one day?"

Sonata looked at Adagio and then down at the ground. "... Can I ask you guys something?"

"Fine. But what is it." Aria said still annoyed at her sister for pulling her hair.

Sonata looks down at the ground. Her normal attitude changed from happy to sad. "Do you really think Anon can beat Dusk Shine?" Sonata asked as she looked up at her sisters.

Aria looks back at Sonata in surprise. Adagio looks up from her phone and at Sonata as well. Why would she say something like that? Did she just not believe that Anon could win against Dusk Shine?

Adagio stood up and she went over to Sonata. "Sonata, Anon made a promise to us that he would beat Dusk Shine. Has he ever let us down before?"

Sonata looked at Adagio and then back down at the ground. "I know he promised and I believe him. It's just that Dusk Shine is really strong, I of all people know that." Sonata held her body and her sisters knew why, she still hadn't forgotten about everything that Dusk Shine had done to her.

Aria and Adagio both looked at each other. They had to find a way to make Sonata feel better. Being the older sister, Adagio decided to help out. "It doesn't matter if Dusk Shine's strong. Anon will win no matter what. Sonata you just have to believe and trust in Anon."

Sonata's attitude changes back to happy. "Yeah, your right. Anon promised so he'll win. Let's all cheer for him as loud as we can."

"Yeah!" Adagio and Aria yelled as they smiled at one another. They were glad that their sister was happy again, and they hoped that it would stay that way. 'Win against Dusk Shine tomorrow, Anon'

Back to You...

The score was tied at 2-2. You would get a point and then Flash would get a point. Flash was giving it his all while you were using Twilight's advice. He was a good opponent for you but you were going to win if you had anything to say about it. Flash tried to kick you, but you dodged it with ease. With all the training your reflexes had gotten a lot faster. You then tackled Flash on the ground and you playfully hit him so as to not accidentally hurt him. Mostly because you didn't have boxing gloves as the school did and you didn't want to accidentally hurt Flash even though he deserved it a bit for the things he had done in the past.

"A point to Anon. 3-2. Anon is the winner." Sunset said as she raised her hand in your direction.

"Nice match Flash." You said as you give him a hand.

"You to Anon." Flash said as he grabs your hand.

"So Twilight how is Anon doing?" Sunset said as she turned her head toward Twilight who was writing down some notes.

Twilight looks up from her notes and nods her head. "He's definitely gotten better. Dusk Shine will have a run for his money against Anon. Both Anon's speed and strength have increased. Although I'm probably not the only one that has taken notes on you Anon. Dusk Shine has probably been watching you ever since the beginning. You're going to have to use a move that Dusk Shine hasn't seen before and surprise him."

You nodded your head, you knew Twilight was right. Just then your mom came into the backyard. "Anon it's getting late your friends will have to go home soon. Or they can call their parents and see if they can stay for dinner."

Sunset then stood up and shook her head. "No, it's fine Ms. Anonymous. I was about to leave anyways."

Twilight then stood up grabbing her things. "Yeah, my mom's gonna want me home soon."

Flash nodded as he stood up. "Same for me."

Your mom looked at your friends and nodded her head. "Oh, that's alright. Have a safe trip home."

"We will thanks." Sunset, Twilight, and Flash said.

"We better get going Anon, we'll see you tomorrow." Flash said as he turned back to you.

You nodded your head. "Yeah, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Thanks for coming over and helping me."

Flash smiled. "Your welcome Anon. Be sure to beat Dusk Shine for us."

"I will, I promise." You said with a smile as Flash and the girls leave.

The Next Day...

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the finals of the Self-Defense Club tournament! After being postponed for an injury we are finally back. Today we have Dusk Shine vs Anon. These two have shown their strength by making it to this very moment." Celestia said over the mic.

Inside of the gym, a new reporter was giving the news for the match. "We are currently in Canterlot High School where we will see Dusk Shine the champion vs Anon the challenger fight for the chance at being declared the champion of the Self-Defense Club tournament. Rumor has it these two got into a fight in the middle of the halls before the tournament began."

You were in the locker room as you put on your gi along with everyone but Sonata who had to use the restroom. They were giving you a prep talk before the finals.

"Look Anon, Sonata's having doubts about you winning against Dusk Shine. But you're going to prove her wrong right?" Adagio said as she put her hands on her shoulders.

You nodded your head. "It's understandable that she'll have doubts but yeah I'll win." Heck, even you were starting to have doubts that you could win against Dusk Shine. He was the champion after all, and he definitely had the strength to prove why he had the title to his name.

"Do it for me and Aria as well." Sunset said as she and Aria took a step forward.

You looked at Aria and Sunset and smiled at them. "Yeah."

"And most importantly..." Flash said as he then let out a big smile.

"Most importantly...?" You asked not understanding what Flash had meant.

Flash looks at the others and they all smile. "DO IT FOR SONATA!!" They yelled in unison.

You looked at your friends and family and sighed. "Let me guess... you all knew I liked Sonata because of the way I look at her or something like that?"

They all nod their heads except for your mom. You didn't even need an answer from her, she probably knew from her motherly instincts. It wouldn't be the first time her motherly instincts were right about something. 'Note to self learn how to be less suspicious about looking at Sonata.' At that moment the bell rang, your time was up, it was time to go out there and battle.

"Well, I better get going. I'll be sure to win for all of you." You said as you stood up and started to leave the locker room.

But what you didn't know was that Sonata had heard everything you and your friends and family were talking about. She looked at you as you headed to the gym, as she then looked down at the ground with a small blush. 'He's doing this all for me.'

You get out of the locker room and into the gym where cheers fill the air. You look and see Dusk Shine on the other side of the gym. "In the red corner, we have Dusk Shine our champion and in the blue corner we have Anon the challenger." Luna said as the two of you walked up to the mat. "These two have battled their way to the top. But now only one can remain and be declared our champion."

"This is a battle of history. Twenty years ago two members of their families battled just like they are. Anon's dad, Mr. Anonymous, and Dusk Shine's dad Aaron Shine." Celestia said as the crowd cheered at that.

Wait! What did she just say? You look at Dusk Shine and he sees that you're surprised and he smiles. When did Aaron get back to town? You look in the crowd and see your dad, he too was trying to find Aaron. You quickly turn your head to see Dusk Shine's mom with a man you've never seen before sitting next to her. That must be Aaron!

Luna then walked up on the mat and in the middle of you and Dusk Shine. "This will be a first to three points. The first person to three points will be our champion."

You and Dusk Shine don't need to be told to bow. You both bow to each other and get ready for battle. Your heart was beating like a drum, this was without a doubt the biggest moment of your life. The crowd was silent, waiting for the match to begin. You could hear a fly if you listened hard enough. Luna looks at the both of you and then at the crowd.

"THUS HERE AND NOW I PROCLAIM..." You stared at Dusk Shine in front of you. 'No matter what, after everything you did to some many people and especially Sonata...'







"THAT THE FINAL MATCH OF THE TOURNAMENT..." Dusk Shine started at you in front of him. 'Try as you might, you can never defeat me. When this match is over you'll be crying home to your mommy.'








"HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!!!" Luna yelled raising her hand. 'I WILL DEFEAT YOU!'


And with that, you and Dusk Shine charged toward one another! The final match of the tournament had just begun...