• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 15,114 Views, 613 Comments

Ungrounded - Lucien Chance



A modern mage teleports himself to Equestria in a magical mishap, where he continues to try to live his life.

  • ...
69
 613
 15,114

PreviousChapters Next
Short: The Skeleton War

Fair warning, little more language than normal this time, guys. Though, that should be fairly obvious, given the title.


Lucien awoke slowly. He blink his eyes, his sight bleary. Something had woken him up, and he didn't know what it was. He looked around his room, trying to clear his mind of the thoughts swirling around in its murky depths.

"Mornin' fuckboy," whispered a voice directly into his ear.

"AHHHHH!" Lucien screamed and flew out of his bed. His head hit the ceiling and he dropped down onto the floor, clutching it in agony.

"EGEGEGEGEG!!" laughed the skeleton sitting in Lucien's bed, his lower half covered by his blankets.

"Nope!" Lucien yelled as he grabbed his bag and ran out of his room in a panic.

He jumped down the stairs, and rounded the corner into his little kitchen. He thought he had gotten away, but there was another skeleton waiting for him outside his fridge.

"Gotta get that calcium, fuckboy!" the skeleton screamed as he downed a jug of milk that Lucien definitely did not have in his fridge.

"Screw that!" Lucien withdrew his sword and hurled it at the skeleton, causing it to stick in the outside of the fridge and causing the skeleton to explode in a shower of bones and dust. He wrenched it free of the fridge and sheathed it again, this time running out his front door.

Soon enough, he made it to Ponyville proper. As he ran in, he noticed the town was populated by the skeletons of both humans and ponies.

"Where's the fire, fuckboy!"

"Can't escape the skellies, fuckboy!"

"Enlist now, fuckboy! You're already halfway there!"

At that last one, he looked down at his legs to see that his bones were showing, not a lick of skin or muscle on them! His fear renewed, he doubled his speed to get to the library.

He used his bony leg to kick open the door, then he ran in, screaming for Twilight. "You gotta help me, Twi! They're everywhere! I don't know what to do!"

He run up into her bedroom and was relieved when he saw the backside of her purple body. She was facing the window, unmoving. "Lucien..." she began.

"Twilight?" Lucien took a step towards her.

She slowly began turning around. "Ready... for... the," she turned all the way around to reveal that her face was just a blank skull, "SKELETON WAR, FUCKBOY!"

Twilight turned into a full skeleton and began laughing maniacally as Lucien screamed. His clothes and skin quickly withered away until nothing was left but his bones.

"HAPPY NIGHTMARE NIGHT, FUCKBOYS!" he cackl—

"FUUUUUUUUck!" Lucien sat up ramrod straight in his bed, breathing hard.

"That.. was horrible," he thought with finality, already resolving to forget that nightmare ever happened. He slipped out of his bed, it still being dark outside.

He fumbled across his room and into the bathroom. His hand searched the wall until it found the light switch.

Click.

His gaze was met in the mirror by empty eye sockets set into a bleached white skull.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Author's Note:

Tumblr made me do it.

(I made me do it.)


Do your best, don't rattle like the rest.

>insert self-promotion

PreviousChapters Next