• Published 25th Feb 2021
  • 3,224 Views, 97 Comments

Sunset Shimmer Discovers Her Feet - TheOneAJ



Little mermaid Sunset Shimmer Crossover... oh and shipping somewhere in there ❤️

  • ...
10
 97
 3,224

Act 11, Those Poor, Unfortunate Souls!

Sunset always knew Celestia was stupid. Then again, Sunset figured the Queen was already a moron for even coming.

At first, like the child she was, Sunset had pleaded for help over the stupid mistake she made. She begged for forgiveness as Celestia tried and failed to destroy her dam contract. However, being of magic, not even the might of the triton could undo her foolish. After some additional gloating and a wave of Adagio’s hand, Sunset’s the contract around Sunset, pulling the terrified mermaid down to the ocean floor to her fate. Or so it seemed.

Opening her eyes after being sucked downwards, Sunset found the golden light of Adagio’s magic still circling around her as the queen and witch discussing something she couldn’t make out. Her body slowly morphed into one of those things she had seen in Adagio’s lair.

What! Sunset asked, her arms shriveling up. Can’t I just spend my damn eternity in peace?

Adagio took a bit of amusement in holding out the contract to Celestia, knowing this was what she wanted with Sunset all along. Sunset smiled at how upset that hag would look when the queen declined in horror. Her jaw slacked as Celestia lifted her triton and signed on the dotted line.

This…This is some kind of sick joke! Sunset reasoned. That witch is tormenting my mind to make my punishment all the worse!

However, as she grew back to normal size and regained her mermainian physique, she watched the golden magic that had encased her zoom towards Celestia and reduce her down to the same tiny, shriveling creature she had been reduced to before.

“N…no,” Sunset screamed over Adagio’s laughter. “NO!”

It felt like hours of watching Celestia’s transformation. Her arms pulled into her torso and her face contorted in pain as she was pulled downwards to her fate.

Once the golden vortex had cleared and the headpiece piece of the unshruken crown settled on the floor, Sunset hesitantly swam over to the former queen. She recoiled upon seeing the green head of a polyp, one of the sea witch’s many poor souls, sticking out from the headwear.

“Cel… Celestia?” Sunset breathed, leaning down next to the creature.

Celestia closed her eyes and looked away.

“You...You idiot!” she snapped, pounding a fist on the ground. “You think this is some noble sacrifice to make up for all shit you put me through or something? Why couldn’t you have just let me be happy?!? Was that too much to ask?”

Sunset’s stomach flipped as Celestia looked at her with pitting eyes. She felt her breath grow heavy. Why was she blaming Celestia when this was all her fault? She was the one who signed that contract! She should be the one with the punishment, not Celestia. Now, the whole ocean was going to pay and it was because of her own obsession with humans and inability to simply push what made her happy-

“-is mine!” Adagio laughed, breaking Sunset’s self-loathing to pick up Celestia’s crown. She placed it on her head, then went for the triton.

Fist clenching, Sunset said. “You… You monster!”

Maybe, she thought, as she raced forward, she could at least do something good. Get Celestia’s trident from the sea witch and undo everything. Even if no one forgave her, she could at least die with a clean conscience. I’m her blind rage, Sunset had forgotten that the sea witch was an octopus. Before she got a chance to yank the trident away, the witch used one of her tentacles to yank Sunset off, throwing her hard on the ocean floor.

Writhing in pain, Sunset struggled to open her eyes. The trident, burning bright yellow, was pointed directly at her face.

“Don’t play with me, child!” The witch warned. “Contract or no, if I wanted to, I could-

Adagio flinched as something sharp flew past, grazing her arm. Both she and Sunset looked up to see Twilight, throwing a second spear at Adagio. Adagio’s eyes widened even though it missed completely.

Has everyone taken stupid pills today? Sunset shouted inwardly.

Outwardly, Sunset cried “Twilight, get away from here!”

More on the need to breath than the need to flee from danger, Twilight started to swim towards the surface.

“Say goodbye to your lover girl,” Adagio teased, aiming the glowing trident at her friend.

“NO!” Sunset roared. No one else was going to suffer because of her. Without thinking, she pulled on Adagio’s hair, knocking off the crown.

Adagio, in her vanity, forgone her intention to designate Twilight to mortality in order to get her crown back. In doing so, she allowed Sunset to escape, but not before slapping the witch in the waist with the bottom end of her tail.

“Oh,” Adagio grunted, watching the two girls swim to the surface as she rubbed her face. “That’s how you want to play, huh?”

She crackled, the water around her blackened.


Twilight broke through to the surface, coughing as she looked to her rowboat, which was several yards away.

“I’m going after her,” Twilight said to Shining Armor. “Don’t try to stop me or follow me.”

“Twily, be reasonable!” her brother begged. “Let’s get some ships with cannons and-

“There’s no time!” she screamed, tears forming in her eyes as she breathed heavily. “I… Ugh! Why did I let that thing fuck with my mind? Why didn’t you stop me from getting married? You were clearly against it from the start and I simply felt too shitty like I owed something rather than…” she punched Shining in the chest several times before falling to her knees. “...having friends and being happy.”

“Twilight,” Cadence said, picking her sister up, and pulling her into a five-second hug. “Here.” To both Twilight and Shining Armor’s surprise, she handed Twilight several spears. “Go. Turn that bitch who hurt you into sushi and save your true love!”

“You can’t be—” Shining started to protest, but a stern gaze from his wife shut him up. “I mean… Be safe, LSBFF.”

“Thanks, guys,” Twilight said, climbing into the rowboat without a second thought. “I already lost her once, I’m not going to lose her again!”

A second later, Sunset’s head broke out of the water next to her.

“Twilight,” the mermaid glared. “For someone so smart, you can be really dumb.”

At first, Twilight wanted to retort about saving Sunset’s life. Instead, looking upon her friend, her heart ached. She threw her arms around Sunset instead.

“I’m sorry,” Twilight apologized. “But, I suppose this makes things 2-1 with us?” she added with a laugh.

Sunset shook her head. “You're a dork. You know that, right?”

Twilight’s face heated up, but she still held onto Sunset tightly. She wanted nothing more than to stay in the embrace and forget all of her problems. Her leg brushed against Sunset’s tail and brought the human back to reality as she pulled away to have proper eye contact.

“I have so many questions, but maybe this isn’t the best time?”

“Yeah,” Sunset nodded, swimming Twilight towards the rowboat. “But if we survive this, I’ll tell you everything.” She frowned. “You shouldn’t have come for me.”

“No, I did,” Twilight said sternly. “It’s my fault.”

Sunset looked at her. “What are you talking about? I’m the one who made a deal with a devil.”

“Which I could have gotten you out of if I… If I wasn't such a scared idiot!” Twilight screamed, her leg brushed against Sunset’s lower half again. “All I wanted at first was to repay you for saving my life, then I pushed you away thinking you’d just take advantage of me! I was so guarded that by the time I realized you were the best thing to ever happen to me, and that you actually cared about me, I didn’t want you to leave, and then it was too late.”

Sunset wanted nothing more than to comfort the little human. Assure Twilight that there was no way she could have known and wasn’t unfair in being wary of a stranger she just met. Point out how wonderful Twilight made the past three days for her and that, either way, it had all been worth it. However, a yellow glow beneath them suggested this wasn’t the time.

“Well we can both be miserable idiots and figure out who fucked up more later.” Sunset said, firming her grip. “Right now, you have to get out of here. Now!”

“What? No! I’m not leaving you! After all this, not now, not ever again!” Twilight declared.

“And I’m not letting you die for my mistakes!” As Sunset said that, she noticed the waters around them starting to bubble.

The next thing they knew, they were being lifted out of the water by a yellow rock. No! It was the tip of the crown of the sea queen.

Twilight got over the shock first, pulling onto Sunset’s wrist, telling her they needed to jump. The two narrowly avoided breaking the human high-diving record and themselves. When the pair reemerged, they held each other tight at the behemoth that was the sea witch.

“You pitiful, insignificant, fool!” Laughing maniacally, Adagio slapped a tentical at the duo intending to kill, but missed and simply separated the two. Not that she minded playing with her food.

“Now I am the ruler of all the ocean!” Dipping the triton into the sea, Adagio summoned forth a massive hurricane, which caused a whirlpool that rose sunken ships from the deep. “The waves obey my every whim! The sea and all its spoils bow to my power!

The two girls swirling around the story for a while, before coming onto a rock by chance. Holding onto it, and each other, for dear life.

“Go!” Sunset begged, unable to break Twilight’s grip. “It’s me she wants, not you!”

“Hey, this is just as much my fault as yours!” Twilight protested over the wind. “And even if it wasn’t, friends don’t abandon each other, no matter how stupid they’ve acted. I love you, Sunset, and I’d do anything for you, and I’d know you’d do just as much for me if the roles were reversed.” She took the mermaid’s hand. “We’re in this together!”

Sunset started at Twilight, as speechless as she had been for the past three days as they stared into each other’s eyes.

“Well… fine,” Sunset relented, a coy grin plastered on her face as she shouted over the wind. “But if you get yourself killed, I will never forgive you!”

“Well… same to you!” Twilight spat back.

“Fine!” Sunset said.

“Fine!” Twilight countered.

They went back and forth at it several times, and as bizarre as it was for the situation they found themselves in, they laughed as if everything was normal.

And then that moment ended, as a bolt of lightning struck the rock, throwing them apart.

⚡️👑⚡️👑

Author's Note:

Still may be only 2 chapters left, but might also add another one because one I wanted to show off the art Cylla made (one of the first artist I wanted to commission for this project)
and because I felt like the next part has a lot more I want to add and don’t want to stop this story’s momentum. So join me next week as we begin to wrap this story up!

As always, thank you to my sponsors
Admiral Typhoon, Saita the Kirin, Fanura Joy, Peppermint Papa & Arielfan90 feel free to ask how to become like them and join the discord group in the comments below