• Published 25th Feb 2021
  • 3,208 Views, 97 Comments

Sunset Shimmer Discovers Her Feet - TheOneAJ



Little mermaid Sunset Shimmer Crossover... oh and shipping somewhere in there ❤️

  • ...
10
 97
 3,208

Act 5; Dense as a Bucket

“You know, the more time passes, the more I see why you casted Flash as Eric,” Sunset said to Twilight with a shake of her head. The pair watched in amusement as Derpy Hooves tried to get Flash Sentry’s head out of a bucket.

“I mean...” Twilight waved a hand as Flash ran into a wall while Derpy profusely apologized. “Eh, never mind,”

“I'm just saying,” Sunset said as she blew on a strand of hair. “For someone who’s so dense they disregard the girl of their dreams simply because she couldn’t talk, I have no trouble seeing them getting their head stuck in a bucket trying to impress another one,”

Twilight nodded as Flash held his foot in pain after stubbing his toe into a wall. “Well, there wouldn’t be much of a story if they had just kissed then. That aside, the point is how Eric, and the prince in the original story, were so focused on finding the perfect girl, they couldn’t see the perfectly fine one right in front of them. That girl happened to be the person they were looking for all along. Thus, the story is a metaphor for loving what you have rather than obsessing over what you don’t,”

“Uh-huh,” Sunset nodded while they watched Flash fall onto his back, knocking his bucket covered head against a pillar while Derpy held a hand to her mouth in both horror and amusement.

Sunset smiled as Flash waved a hand at Derpy, trying to act like nothing was wrong. That was before he realized his hand had brushed against her face, causing him to rise up quickly, bumping their heads and sending the pair to the ground.

“I mean, I guess things worked out for them in the end,” Sunset commented, before a thought crossed her mind. “Actually, doesn’t that moral cancel itself out since when, in this version, he only falls for the mermaid after she gets her voice back?”

Twilight griminced. “Well, okay. But, before he got brainwashed, he was talked into letting go of that hunt. And then he fought the entire ocean to be with her. That has to count for something...”

Twilight’s eyes shrank at the realization of something important she couldn’t believe she had forgotten from weeks ago. “Oh gods, I forgot you and Flash were a couple!”

Now, the difference between a friend, and a great friend, is knowing how to calm your friend down without saying ‘calm down’ (Which is something you should never say anyways).

Hyperventilating, Twilight threw out dozens of apologies before Sunset placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Twi,” Sunset said in a firm, but soft tone. “Take a breath. Please? For me,” she added with a twinkle in her eye. “Nice and slow. There we go!” Sunset waited until Twilight's checks were puffy.

“Now let it out, slowly. Do it three more times,” As Twilight did so, she added, “While I was a little nervous at first when I saw the casting list, me and Flash had a mature conversation about it, and we’re cool,”

“Oh,” Twilight said after her third breath. Her eyes turned to Flash and Derpy, the ladder of whom was now trying to remove the bucket as Flash groaned in pain. “So, and this is just a curious thing, do you…” she paused and pulled at her hair. “...still like him?” The fact Sunset didn’t answer right away hit her harder than she would’ve liked.

“Well, I wouldn’t say no,” Sunset admitted with a shrug as a plunk sound rang out and Flash lifted his head from the bucket. He paused for a moment, said something to Derpy, causing the girl to blush. “But we’ve pretty much moved on by this point. Plus, I wouldn’t want to get in the way of whatever they have,”

Twilight blinked as she looked from Sunset to Flash and Derpy who were now warmly smiling at each other.

“Why do you ask?” Sunset said with a nudge to Twilight. “Jealous or something?”

“No! I mean...” Twilight coughed as everyone stopped looking at Derpy and Flash to look at them. “Don’t you all have things to do?” Twilight chastised.

There was some muttering, but soon enough, everyone went back to what they were doing.

“Teenagers,” Sunset said as she ruffled Twilight’s hair. “You give an inch, they swim a mile,”

“Oh stop it!” Twilight protested as she batted Sunset off, and the two had a good laugh. Then Sunset’s backpack began to glow and vibrate.

“Ugh,” Sunset sighed as she pushed away from Twilight.

Sadly, Sunset had never gotten around to telling Twilight the truth the last time they hung out. While Twilight was eager to find out what was wrong, she at least knew better than to push the matter. Besides, she had been more than happy to simply spend the night playing video games with one of her closest friends. Not worrying about life, grades, making the play perfect, or even what made Sunset so upset.

“Pizza and video games again tonight?” Twilight asked, taking in a deep breath before asking.

Sunset’s eyebrow raised, before smiling at the same pleasant memories with Twilight from their last little hangout session.

“Okay,” Sunset nodded, then smirked. “But no pineapple this time, Sparkle! I’m not debating you on it!”

🪣 ❤️ 🦀 📣

They say love is blind and that hindsight is a bitch. The once mermaid Sunset Shimmer was currently getting a hard lesson in both of these regards.

Having wrapped herself up in what she was certain to be the most popular human attire, she believed she did not have long to wait to find her princess. Much to her surprise, however, the princess’ dog found her instead. The little scamp barked and chased her onto a rock.

“Spike!” his owner called out, letting out a startled gasp as she saw him playfully barking at Sunset. “Spike! I’m so, so sorry, miss!” she apologized, picking Spike up and chastising him. “He’s friendly, I swear, he just gets a little excited at times.”

In response to that, Spike licked one Twilight Sparkle and jumped out of her arms, landing right next to Sunset. Both girls stared fearfully, before relaxing as he nuzzled up to Sunset’s hand.

Twilight giggled as Sunset rubbed behind the pup's ear. “He really seems to like you.” She then turned her attention to Sunset, who held in her breath as Twilight looked her up and down.

“Um, do I know you?” Twilight asked, adjusting her glasses to look at her more closely. “You look familiar.”

Sunset played with her hair and nodded. This would be easy! Sunset beamed, taking the suddenly nervous looking, princess’ hands.

“Oh, I’m, er,” Twilight said through a forced smile. “I mean, well...what’s your name?”

Sunset started to speak but was quickly reminded what she gave up to be here.

“Huh?” Twilight blinked at the wordless mouth movement. “You can’t speak?”

Sunset nodded sadly. However, she wasn’t worried. She was more than confident her true love could reason she lost her voice in an accident or something else smart. After all, it was the girl's intelligent remarks that night she overheard from the boat before the storm. The human had talked about her love of knowledge and understanding, despite her peers’ disapproval. Twilight wasn’t some dumb human princess, Sunset knew. She had a powerful intellectual that would draw the conclusion that Sunset was still the one who had saved her that night.

And then Twilight said, in a rather relieved tone, “Oh. Oh! I guess you’re not her then,” She quickly backed away from Sunset’s hold on her hands and picked up Spike. The puppy was seemingly wearing a human expression on his face that said; ‘Seriously?’

“I should get going,” Twilight said with a bow. “Terribly sorry to have bothered you, miss,”

Sunset's eye started to twitch. This was the human she went through all that pain for? The reason why she could never go home? This was the idiot she had made those sacrifices for? The one who she Literally sold her soul to the devil to be with! Oh fuck no. No. No, no, no. NO! She hadn’t come all this way to be turned down by some dense human nimwit. Not if she had anything to say about it.

Sunset leaned forward, intent on grabbing Twilight by her shirt collar and (even if she had no idea how) give this human girl a piece of her mind. Instead, Sunset lost her balance and flailed her arms wildly as she started to fall off of the rock.

“Whoa, careful there!” Twilight shouted. In alarm, she reached out and caught Sunset. After helping the girl up to eye level, they looked each other in the eyes and found themselves short of breath.

“Anyways!” Twilight cut off, breaking the trance. “How about I get you cleaned up? My treat. Um, I mean, set up! By that I mean, well, it’d be rude to just leave after mistaking you for someone else. No that sounds… What would you want? Wait! That’s even worse. Oh! I mean, would you do stuff with me? Wait! Did I word it in a way to imply-

Twilight continued on babbling as she walked Sunset to the castle. Sunset merely shook her head in bemusement as she held the cute human close. Maybe this Twilight Sparkle was an idiot—she was one to talk—but, Sunset decided, she was her adorable idiot.

Besides, it wasn’t as if she had much of a choice...

🐶 🧜‍♀️ ❤️ ☀️ 🕰

Author's Note:

Happy Easter 🐣 👋
I’ll be honest, I’ve never hated Flash, but I’ve always disliked Eric (even as a kid). The former being how I got into EQG, the ladder’s dense-ness being a large inspiration for this story.
Anyways, the art use in this story is brought to you by JadeThePeguis, and give a warm welcome to Eevee Miscellaneous 🌟
And as always, a HUGE thank you to the sponsors who made these art pieces possible;
-Admiral Typhoon: https://www.twitch.tv/tribal_typhoon
-Saita the Kirin: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/365788/Saita_the_Kirin/stories
-Fanura Joy: https://www.youtube.com/user/Natorni/featured
-Peppermint Papa: https://www.deviantart.com/vahshircatdreamer
If you’d like to contribute to this story as either a sponsor or artist Click Here, or comment you like to help below