• Published 11th Nov 2020
  • 1,203 Views, 33 Comments

This is farewell! - Shadow_lulamoon



What can you do when the girl who falls into your life, changes everything...

  • ...
3
 33
 1,203

Chapter 1

Millions of stars glittered in the cloudless night sky. Infinitely twinkling in the far-off distance. The cool evening air caresses your face, your companion's violet hair gently flows, like silk, on the breeze. You gaze fondly into her amethyst pools, wondering what you did to deserve this beautiful creature, sitting next to you.

I would lie broken amongst the rocks. Dead!.

You think back to that fateful night, nine years ago. A night much like tonight, calm, peaceful, perfect. Your life had been shit, before you met her.

********************

Moving from job to job. Living off the streets when unemployment ran out. Family turning their backs on you, treating you like filth from the sewers, when you needed them the most. Today started out well enough, but like every other job you worked, that changed. Not for the better. A new position was opening and you and another were being considered for the spot. Only one candidate could fill the role. When called to the business owner’s office, you smile.

Life is finally looking up, for me.

Upon entering the room, you knew that wasn't the case. Your blue eyes fell onto the stern glare of your boss. Avoiding his gaze, you looked to your right, spotting Megan. Confusion gripped you as you stood motionless.

"Sit down Alex!"

Jarred from your stupor you quickly sat. The chair was cold and hard sapping your warmth.

"It has been brought to my attention that you have been breaking HR protocol."

"If it is about that kiss. I can assure you it was consensual from both sides."

"Fraternization between coworkers is frowned upon. Especially romantic trysts. It is well documented that these things effect the work ethics of those involved. Usually ending badly for the company and all of those involved. Had it been a small breach of contract, I could turn a blind eye. The evidence that has been presented to me though is far more nefarious and not tolerated in the private sector."

Your blood runs cold. His words sapping whatever strength you have left. Your boss’s accusing gaze forces you to scrunch down in your chair. You look to Megan your coworker, friend, maybe something more... Blue eyes glance at her, pleading. The red head faulters for an instant, lowering her face. The boss seeing her angst, takes this as a sign of extortion. Extortion by you, towards his witness.

"Alex, rape is not tolerated here and judging by Megan's demeanor, her fear is evident. Do you have anything to add?"

"Sir, I promise you that haven't raped anyone ever. Let alone Megan."

"Do you have any evidence to prove your innocence?"

"No, I don’t."

"With all the witness testimonies, I have no choice but to suspend you until this matter has been fully investigated. If, and that is a big if. I decide to reinstate you, you forfeit the right to the Lead Accountant Position."

"That's horse shit."

Your blood boils, eyes glaring at the redhead.

"Tell him Megan... Tell him it's not true."

Megan's green eyes pull away, facing the opposite direction.

"Ms. Fairweather you're free to go. I need to speak with Alex alone."

The young woman meekly stands up, avoiding your gaze and rushes out the door.

"Alex I need you to sign this document, stating that you are aware..."

"SHOVE IT OLD MAN! I HAVE GIVEN YOU TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE. IF I HAVEN'T PROVEN MYSELF TO YOU, THAT I DESERVE THE LEAD ACCOUTANT POSITION, OR THE RESOLVE OF MY INTEGRITY. YOU CAN TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS."

Grasping the piece of paper in your right hand, you crumple the document. Throwing it onto the desk, you storm out of the office.

"I quit!"

The door slams behind you. Turning you stand face to face with Megan.

"I'm sorry Alex. I need the extra money for my son. Times have been tough."

"Tell some who cares. I hope it was worth it."

Your coworker who you thought of as friend, possibly more, had stabbed you in the back, lying to your boss. She claimed that you had made sexual advances towards her and when asked to stop, you pushed her on the ground and forced yourself onto her. Not long after, cops showed up at your door to ask a few questions. Within the week the accusations levied against you turn up, empty. Your mood didn't change with the news. The damage had been done. Rumors spread. Regardless of your innocence, you had no job and no income. Somehow your landlord heard about the lies. Instead of listening to the truth or giving you time to find another job, she kicked you out of your apartment.

"I don't give lodging to vagrants like you."

Instead of packing you turn, walking away from your home of two years. Your travels take you out of the town, into the countryside. The sky turned burnt orange as the sun dropped below the zenith. Stepping over the bridge, you glance, the wooden sign reading, Welcome to Providence land of new, beginnings.

"New beginnings. Pft! The fuck it is..."

Facing east from the sign you follow the rushing river. Gazing into the turbulent flow you are reminded of how much your life is like the raging waters. Turning from your negative thoughts you trudge on eastward bound. Time passes you by. The waning light diminishes, fading to a light purple then blue and finally to black. Night has come. You are led to the coast. at the cliff’s edge the ocean stretches out in front of you as far as the eye can see. The moon casts a milky white reflection over the calm, smooth surface. Standing at the precipice of the world you gaze off into the distance. You look down the sixty-foot drop. Sharp jagged rocks pierce the sky, jutting from the glassy surface below.

Why haven't I done this sooner? There is nothing for me here... anywhere...

The wind picks up. The cool breeze caresses your face as you teeter at the end of the world. One step closer to oblivion. Two … then three. Almost there. One more and fate will never shit on you again.

Do I want it to end like this?

You smile at the irony.

My life really is a sick joke. even after all that fate has put me through. I don't want to die.

Yours eyes water. Whether from the cold wind or your fear, you didn't know.

What does it matter. Just take the step.

Your right foot slides across the dew-covered grass. Off in the distance a boom of thunder stops you dead in your tracks. Followed by the blinding flash of lightning. Closing your eyes, you stumble backwards. The air escapes your lungs as you are knocked to the ground. you try to get up, but you can't. Something heavy stops you. Clearing the daze from your eyes, you spot the still form of a figure sprawled across your body.

"What the fuck!"

Author's Note:

While writing my main story this idea popped into my head. Here is the first chapter of a small love story. I don't have any heart wrenching artwork for this story. If anyone does please let me know.