• Published 14th Nov 2020
  • 5,571 Views, 21 Comments

A Place in Equestria II: The Revenge of Queen Chrysalis - GoebelTron



Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings are back, and Thomas is in big danger.

  • ...
2
 21
 5,571

Chapter 8: Sneaking Into The Hive, Part 2

The changeling drones were searching everywhere for the intruders. Meanwhile, the group hid somewhere safe, and Starlight and Twilight were calming a hyperventilating Thorax. “Okay, maybe this is starting to seem like it’s one of those moments where we need a plan,” Rainbow Dash said. “Ya said it. Otherwise, we would’ve been changelin’ feed,” Applejack said. “What kind of plan?! We have no magic, and it’s not like my illusions are gonna save us!” Trixie said. “Wait! Do you have any of your smoke bombs still?” Starlight asked. “Are you kidding?” Trixie asked. “Starlight, you’re a genius!” Twilight said.

Half of the patrol kept looking until they saw what appeared to be Trixie. “Looking for somepony?” she asked. The swarm approached her, until she threw a smoke bomb on the ground and disappeared, leaving the drones confused. “Is that the best you’ve got?!” Trixie sarcastically cackled, then she made several poofs from her smoke bombs, and then the changelings were somehow dizzy.

“Eh, I’ve seen better,” Pinkie Pie said. “Hm. I’ll take it,” Trixie said. They then saw the other Trixie appear, but it was actually Thorax. “That was a pretty good plan,” he said. “But we still don’t know where we’re going,” Rarity said. “Actually, we might. Another half of the changeling patrol didn’t go with the rest,” Twilight said. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Spike asked. “Oh! With an intruder in the hive, they went to protect the queen! Good thinking, Twilight!” Thorax said. Twilight nodded.

“So, what do we do now?” Applejack asked. “I’m fresh out of smoke bombs,” Trixie said. “We go in,” Twilight said. “But we’ll need some kind of distraction,” Starlight said. “Starlight, you and Thorax go on ahead and look for the throne. It’ll probably be where she might be keeping Thomas hostage. We’ll take care of the rest so that we’ll buy you some time,” Twilight said. “Starlight? Please save my precious little one,” Fluttershy said. “We will,” Starlight said. “Alright! Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie Pie said, as Starlight and Thorax went on ahead.

The eight surviving heroes went on ahead and distracted some of the other changelings. “Hey! Changelings! Want some of this?!” Pinkie Pie asked, as they hissed at her. “Well, come and get it!” Pinkie Pie then launched an exploding cake full of smoke bombs, and then Rainbow Dash, Spike and Applejack fought the changelings by force.


Starlight and Thorax went through a few tunnels, and suddenly felt scared a little. “I know you said something about this being kinda freaky, but this is pretty creepy,” Starlight said. “Yeah, I know,” Thorax said. “So, can you tell me about your nephew?”

Starlight started explaining, “Well, it’s a long story.” She then told him how Thomas made his magical wish to Luna’s moon when he lived in the orphanage, and how he was brought to Equestria and how he met his new family and got adopted by Fluttershy. She then told him about his encounter with King Sombra, and some of the good times he’s had in Ponyville.

“Wow, I didn’t even know he felt that way. At least you took care of him during the Sombra attack,” Thorax said. “Mmhmm. I just love being a good aunt,” Starlight said. “When we find him, we’ll find a way to restore him to good health, if we’re not too late,” Thorax said, and then Starlight nodded. “Hey, I think we’re getting close, but I think it’s another long way.”

“Good, but I kinda had this crazy idea,” Starlight said. “Yeah, me too,” Thorax said. “But it’s not gonna be easy.” Starlight nodded in agreement and listened to Thorax’s plan.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy helped Rarity set up a trap for them, and Trixie had Spike on her back as he used a red scarf as a leading flag for the changeling swarm and Twilight led the way. When they made it to the net, the changelings were captured and then tied up by Applejack’s lasso. “And let me just tighten it up there, and... there we go,” she said. “That’ll hold ‘em for now, at least.”

“I can’t believe that actually worked!” Trixie said. “Great job, everypony! Now, let’s go catch up with Starlight and Thorax,” Twilight said.

As they were about to go catch up with Starlight and Thorax, the changelings suddenly broke out of the net. “Maybe not!” Rainbow Dash said. “RUN!” Twilight said, as they ran from the angry changelings.

They suddenly ran through a few tunnels while a few changelings kept chasing them one another. When they got back together, they suddenly found a safe place to hide. “We can’t keep this up any longer! If we do, then we’ll end up like the changelings,” Rainbow Dash said. “You mean... trapped in one of... those... disgusting and revolting cocoons?!” Rarity shuddered. “I’m with ya, Rare,” Applejack said.

“Oh, Thomas. Where are you?” Fluttershy said. “I don’t know, but we’ll find him,” Applejack said. “Yes, darling. But between seeing ourselves and those horrible changelings, the castle will be crawling with guards soon,” Rarity said. “But if we do manage to find a way to destroy the throne, we’ll still have a chance to get our magic back and stop Chrysalis. We could still take her on and the entire changeling army and save our nephew!” Twilight said.

“I like the sound of that!” Rainbow Dash said. “Yeah! This call for a butt-kicking party!” Pinkie Pie said, until they saw glowing eyes surrounding them. “Oh, dear...” Rarity said. The group suddenly got caught and then they fought back while some of them hid themselves.