• Published 7th Nov 2020
  • 4,165 Views, 208 Comments

King Spike - Norwegian boy



Spike finds out that he is the son of the king and queen of the dragon kingdom

  • ...
17
 208
 4,165

Chapter 27: The Royal Ball part 1

Author's Note:

Yes, it's a short chapter and I know it. I decided to write write this 'chapter' in three parts, I hope. I will try and write the next chapter longer.

Spike walk into his room, he walk over to his bed and fell face first, his crown fell of his head, he was dead tired. For the past 30 days has been like hell for Spike, to be the ruler for an entire kingdom was not easy, it was exhausting. He had to sign paper, listen to others because they needed something for him, mostly rich assholes. Spike managed to help some, there was a male dragon who had lost his home to the bank because he had lost his job and he couldn’t pay the rent, so Spike managed to get him a new job at the local post office, it wasn’t glamorous job but the dragon was grateful, it felt good to help others.

Spike then remember what happened on his second day as king.

Spike was sitting on his bed, he was waiting for Drake, Diner, Raldrin and captain Mideos to arrive. The four dragons wanted to talk to him so Spike told them to meet him at his room, it didn’t take long before they knock on the door and entered. What they told him was that Fredi wasn’t the spy but someone had made it so, it was Joserth work but they didn’t have any proof. Then there was the whole lying part, Spike had to act that he didn’t knew anything and the was something he didn’t like, he hate lying to others, he could thank AJ for that. Then Drake showed Spike a room that was deep in the castle, they called the crystal room and inside was a giant purple crystal. Drake told Spike that the crystal could cast a giant barrier around the city, protecting it from those who want to invade and it was royal who could active the crystal. Spike didn’t believe him that only royal could activate the crystal, he was proven wrong when he touch it, the crystal glowed when he did. Spike hoped that he never had to used it. And the next 30 days was very boring.

Spike let out a tired sighed. “I don’t envy my parents.” He then let out a big yawn. “I need some sleep.” Then someone knock on the door which made him groan in frustration.

“King Spike,” It was Rilda. “are you in your room?” King Spike, that was something he wasn’t used to yet, Spike wasn’t sure if he ever would get used to being king. He then heard Rilda open the door. “Why are you lying on your bed?” She asked him as she walk in.

“You try being a king for a month, then you know why I’m lying on my bed.” Then turned around so he was lying on his back. “Was there something you wanted? Considering you just walk into my room.” She said with some annoyance in his voice.

“Yes. I understand that being a king can be tiring,” She had no idea. “but for the next two weeks you can relax a little, it’s time for the royal ball.”

Spike sat up. “The royal what now….?”

“The royal ball, it’s an event that’s held once a year in this castle and it’s in two weeks.”

Spike blinked few time before speaking. “Oh yeah, I remember Celestia talking about the royal ball a few time, I think she went to it a few time to.”

Rilda nodded her head. “That’s right. And here’s the best part for you, you can decide who gets invited and you can also decide the decoration.” Spike like that. “and here,” She handed him a piece of paper that was on a clipboard she had. “this is the guest list. Chose who you want to invited.”

Spike happily took the paper and started to read it, he recognize most of the names, but there was one he couldn’t believe was on it. “You got to be kidding me, why is he on the list?” He said with some venom in his voice.

Rilda wasn’t sure what was wrong. “Is there something wrong my king?” She asked him, which in responded he gave her a look that said, ‘don’t call me king.’ “Right, I meant Spike.” Spike wanted Rilda to call him by his name when they were alone, she usually forget it.

Back to the list. “Yes, there is something wrong. Why is Blueblood on this list?” Spike was a little angry right now.

Rilda on the other hand, was a little confused. “I don’t see why not, he’s a prince.”

Spike couldn’t help but snort. “He isn’t a prince, he’s a lord who think he’s a prince, there’s nothing royal about him. He’s not invited.”

Rilda took out a pen and wrote something on the clipboard. “Alright, I have crossed him of the list. Is there someone you want to invited?” Spike just gave her a smile, he knew who he wanted to invited to the royal ball.