• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 390 Views, 40 Comments

The hidden truth - Eileen



What caused spitfire to become a wonderbolt and why is she feeling down?

  • ...
 40
 390

Sky of clouds

Spitfire was confused to her uncles retort as her aunt walked away “what do you mean doctors?” She asked in a curious but sweet tone.
“Oh have you never been before?” Jet asked her worriedly “you seemed to light for your age and your a bit short so i think you should get a checkup”
Spitfire pondered for a minute “checkup” she retorted thinking “does that mean a scary man in white is going to stab me with needles!” She shrieked as she jolted back landing on her legs painfully.
“Nonono, thats not what they do spitty, they just make sure your healthy” jet said cheerfully and as carefully as he could, then spotting the sour expression on the little fillys face “is everything alright?”

“Yeah im fine, i just landed oddly on my hoof” spitfire responded confused to why he asked as it was a first.
“Alright if it hurts let me know and ill carry you” jet sniggered and he spoke with a cheerful laugh “also do you have any winter clothes? its really cold up here at this time of year and your in a dress”
“Winter clothes? What are they?” The filly aked with her haid to the side like a confused puppy.

Jet walked over and took off his scarf, wrapping it around spitfire after he knelt to her level. “They keep you warm, just like this” he said with a smile as the filly stood there in shock.

After a few minutes he got up and swiped her off her feet into his arm, and gased at her lovingly just for his face to become one of shock and his smile fade to worry, “spitty what the heck happened?!” He asked with worry as he began to walk to the hospital with a sense of urgency after noticing the bandages that lined her legs under her dress.
“Oh that’s nothing” spitfire shrugged off as she began to dose off into a dream.


Spitfire woke up groggily and gased around ,just to find her teammates in bed asleep and it to be dark outside, getting up quietly and leaving the barracks she began to fly to the changing room to remove her uniform.
“Why am I remembering this all of a sudden?” She asked herself as she walked outside once more to see a candle light on in the barraks, “guess i woke them up, heh, or sorian is having another midnight snack again” she chuckled as the cold nighttime air graced her warm fur and ruffled her wings, she took flight.

The nighttime breeze brushed through her main and graced her body with a refreshing coolness as she thought ‘the moons wonderfully bright tonight i see lunas gracing the land’ she saw a fluffy cloud and landed. The softness comforting but only a comfort a Pegasus could understand as others cant touch the clouds, then after she was refreshed taking off westward.


A few hours later she arrived at her destination as the moon was at its peak. She began to stroll along the paths as the dirt and grass began mingling into her fur she stopped at two graved under a blossom tree and sat down.
“Hello again uncle and auntie i hope your well” she said to the dusty gravestones.
The one to the lest saying here lies jet stream a stallion who died with pride… the rest covered but the long grass and moss the one to the right fully shrouded in moss, grass and fungi with only the letters eil being visible.
“I promise when im on break ill come back and clean hour resting places auntie and uncle just wait for me, as I know where you are the sky's are bright and the sun must be warm and forgiving” she said starting to cry “I know well meet again some day” she said falling asleep once more in-front of her closest relatives. Before falling asleep fully she mumbled “i still cant believe he did this though”


Back in the dream world she woke up daisily in a warm hazy room, the walks plastered white and the tiles on the ceiling cream, stood beside her the same stallion with a soot black main and auburn eyes shining as brightly as gold, as tears as clear as crystals fell from those golden eyes, “spitty thank god your awake, are you ok” he asked with a worried voice that was cracking frequently.

Her head moved side to side trying to grasp her surroundings seeing another figure walking in the room a light pink main tied in a loose sideward braid darting up and down on the left shoulder, kept together by a teal ribbon tied in a bow “oh god is she alright jet?” The voice mustered light and airy as a freshly baked cake, as the mare walked over.

Spitfires sight wasn’t clear but kept going clear briefly as she tried to prop herself up, just to be stopped by her uncle. “Spitty no you need to lay down you just got out of surgery”
Her vision cleared by the shock she shouted “what surgery” as she panicked just for her aunt to calm her down.
“Why didn’t you tell us you legs were shattered and you hip was broken?!” the mare questioned with a more serious tone. “Do you not realise how dangerous that is? The doctors had to rush you into surgery because of the severity of you wounds”

“How long have you had those injuries for spitfire” jet asked in a soft voice trying to calm down his wife, while needing to know for the doctor spitfire still hadn't realised was in the room, just out of her sight

“Uhh.. a few years i think… it happened just before I started school…. Why?” Spitfire responded with a quiet tone, while everyone in the room froze with shock, the doctor dropping the clipboard that landed with a clatter, only then did spitfire turn her head and see them. “Who are they?!” She shouted in fear.

Author's Note:

Back again after over a year

What do you think about jet and how he treats her? And what do you think his job was?