• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 389 Views, 40 Comments

The hidden truth - Eileen



What caused spitfire to become a wonderbolt and why is she feeling down?

  • ...
 40
 389

Is everything alright?

Spitfire trotted down the hall to her office, a miserable look plastered across her face, she hoped she’d not bump into any other team mate as she only wanted to be by herself.
Memorys flashed in spitfires mind of her filly hood the ups and downs and the worst part of her life to date, she wished she never met him, even if her childhood self was exited about it.
Now she trailed off filed with anger at herself, how she could let this happen? Tears dwelling in her eyes she pondered to herself, why do pony's like me when I'm no one to like?

“Captain?” A startled voice yelled across the corridor, it sounded puzzled and masculine, the light pitch signifying it was soarin or lightning streak.

Why now? spitfire thought to herself, why is it every time i wish to be alone I'm disturbed? Starring blankly with her head against her office door she sat down, her tail curling around her right side. Thoughts flooded spitfires mind of her past, her seemingly sweet childhood, from the outside, but it’s bittersweet truth, hiding under her tough facade. Spitfire thought to herself, as the tears in her eyes dwelled bigger, as she started at the floor one falling a few seconds later, the warm splash of salt water on her hoof feeling comforting.

“Captain mam? Are you feeling alright?” The same voice called now slightly closer, sending a visible shiver down spitfires spine. “Ive never seen you sit outside you office before mam” the voice lingered in her mind, it sounded comforting but she couldn’t trust it, she knew she couldn’t.

Another tear fell to the floor this time missing spitfires hoof “ leave me alone I'm fine” spitfire recalled in a monotone voice, with no emotion at all. Thoughts flooding her mind, as how her once perfect life shattered before her, the thoughts of her earlier conversation with him not leaving her mind, it was now permanently imprinted in her mind, for the rest of her life, just like every other conversation with him.

“Mam your obviously not alright, Wait are you crying mam?” A light airy voice behind her spoke, it was quite feminine, one of the female wonderbolts, most likely surprise or high winds, as they were both quiet and caring. They also have a tendency to worry easily, especially when it came to one of the teams leaders.

She heard the pony sit to her right side, the hoofs clattering on the cold, hard cloud stone. Second later feeling a soft warmth on her back, it was the mares wing, it grasped her tightly pulling her to one side, into a hug. This was new, she’d never felt a hug before, at least not from anyone but her mother as a filly, was this what it was supposed to fell like, warm and comforting? Spitfire thought to herself, her tears fell more frequently and she began to sniffle a bit. A small light yellow curl caught her eye, it was surprise, I thought she was just a party pony, not such a caring mare. Suddenly one of spitfires worst memories hit her thoughts, one she had tried to forget with help from her doctors, she begun to weep uncontrollably onto her college, the memory haunting her, the thoughts of him, his cruel tendencies, his manipulative ways, why was her life so difficult why did she have to feel this way? why did he come into her life?

“Let it all out mam” surprise said in a voice trying to comfort her captain, she’d never seen spitfire like this before, what just happened to her? That was a question surprise pondered, but all that mattered is spitfire was going to be alright.

A few moments later another set of wings engulfed spitfire and surprise, this set spitfire into a panic, she felt trapped and began to panic, she tried to get away but his grip was to strong, she was petrified, she wanted to know who it was but couldn’t turn around, she couldn’t get him off her, she couldn’t escape the hug that was a bit to tight.

“Get off her soarin she’s freaking out did you forget shes claustrophobic?!” Surprise screamed as the stallion backed off, at least she knew it was soarin now her predictions were correct.

“But your hugging her! Why isn’t she freaking out?” Soarin hollered sounding offended, not long later a thud as he sat on the ground moping.
“Soarin that’s because A. i am holding her gently so she doesn't feel trapped and B. theres a gap big enough for her to get out of if she feels unsafe” surprise said softly trying to not make spitfire panic anymore although she felt her shuffling around in her light grip.

Spitfire left the light hug surprise had her in and stared at soarin blankly tears falling from her now puffy red eyes, she didn’t understand why a pony she trusted would make her feel unsafe, unfortunately it wasn’t a first due to what he did, she felt like life was a curse, well at leat hers.

“So you alright captain?” Soarin said in a concerned tone, as he looked up, his expression dropped seeing spitfire, she looked like a wreck, the thought pondered in his mind who hurt her to make her like this? Shes a tough mare not a wuss.

For soarin that question would go un answered, as before he could ask it, spitfire was running away to be alone, leaving surprise and soarin alone.

“You blew it” surprise said in a dismal tone, as she looked off in the direction spitfire ran off in.
“I what” Soarin responded confused.
“You blew it, you freaked her out, shes to frightened now” surprise responded sounding upset “you should have remembered she hates feeling trapped in a confined space soarin”

The thoughts of what he just did suddenly hit him, did he just ruin the trust she had for him? Did he just cause her unnecessary stress? Only time will tell.

Author's Note:

Hello,
This is my first story and just the first chapter, would you like a second?
Any criticism is welcomed as I'm working on improving my righting skills

Chapter 2 will clear things up on who he is if your wondering
But hes not a college ill say that