• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 390 Views, 40 Comments

The hidden truth - Eileen



What caused spitfire to become a wonderbolt and why is she feeling down?

  • ...
 40
 390

Avoiding the inevitable

“Spitfire mam are you ok!” Misty screamed as she shook spitfire, to this spitfire began to feel tired and a migraine coming on.
“Misty... stop shaking... me... please” spitfire pleaded to which misty stopped and spitfire sunk down onto the mattress, “what’s wrong with you all anyway your looking at me like i died or something” spitfire complained to her teammates who giggled slightly after realising there captain was indeed ok. “Well with the multiple high pitched screams we heard and the whimpering... it sounded like you had been hurt... severally heart at that” Soarin said in a calm voice while chucking “what was that about anyway”

Spitfire groaned and put the pillow over hear head and mumbled something into it, “we cant hear you captain” surprise said pulling the pillow off spitfires face and throwing it into a different bead “so mind repeating yourself mam?” She said a mischievous grin growing on her face as spitfire burred herself in her duvet, “just leave me alone” spitfire said in a dull tone confusing her colleagues.

“Well this is a different side to you mam” lightning streak butted in sounding very concerned about his boss, he didn’t realise spitfire had dosed off once more until surprise mentioned it, “uhh.. guys.. she fell asleep again” surprise said quietly, “she must really be tired i guess it was just a bad dream, well i hope so at least” Soarin said as he put her pillow under her head again, “lets just leave her be for now then” lightning streak responded “we can question her when she wakes up again” he said for a last time as he left the barracks with the rest of the team leaving spitfire to go back to dreamland.


Spitfire woke up again as her filly hood self, she felt a striking pain throughout her lower half as she tried to stand, only to fall to the ground as she couldn’t support herself, she wasn’t going to miss her first day of school so she dragged herself to the bathroom and tightly bandaged herself up so she could at least stand and walk even if it looked funny, she began to plod along back to her room every movement causing pain, “at least i read that medical book last week” she mumbled while getting out her brand new school uniform.

She quickly slid her trousers over her legs they were black with a teal stripe down either side, after this she put on her white button up shirt that nicely had two holes for spitfires wings to slide through, following up by buttoning the collar and adding her teal and black clip on tie in its rightful place, finally she put on her black blazer which had teal accents and the school logo and name, unfortunately the school was not for Pegasi but for unicorns and earth pony's to attend so her outer uniform had no wing holes or slots so it was very uncomfortable to where over her wings, “why couldn’t mum edit my blazer before she left now my wings are getting crushed, although its not like I'm using them currently anyway” she mumbled as she plodded down the stairs for breakfast which she hope she could have as she missed dinner the previous night.

“Morning papa, stellar and cosmos” spitfire said joyfully to hide her pain as she sat down, “whats for breakfast?”,
“Burned toast for you” stellar said with a giggle as cosmos pushed the plate over with two slices of burnt toast, to anyone else this wouldn’t look appetising but to spitfire who was starving it looked like the best possible meal, “thanks for saving me some food sis” spitfire responded to stellar, “what are you and cosmos having?” She asked curiously to her elder unicorn siblings, “we’re having cereal, which is delicious, you should try it” cosmos said showing spitfire who looked happily, only to see her brother pull it away in his aura before she could say anything, “oh wait you cant have any... stupid Pegasus” cosmos laughed as he ate to which there father joined in, and spitfire ate her burned toast which was very dry, “well enjoy your cereal, I'm going’s to pack my bag for school now papa” spitfire called as she got off her seat, “pack your siblings bags to” her father called back sounding happy for the first time in her memory, “ok papa” spitfire called as she ran up the stairs.


By the time spitfire reached the school building with stellar and cosmos the bell was about to go, “if were late its your fault because we couldn’t teleport.. looser” they called as they walked off leaving spitfire in the middle of campus unsure where she was supposed to go.

It took spitfire about half an hour to find a teacher by herself due to walking slowly because of her legs, “excuse me” spitfire called gaining the unicorn mares attention, “little one you should be in class” the unicorn mare said, “I know miss I’m sorry, my siblings were supposed to show me to class but ran off to not be late, I’m spitfire by the way, its my first day” she said ashamed because she was late, “oh alright dear let me show you to class, I’m miss rose i teach alchemy to students, your an earth pony i see so your in the earth pony class” miss rose responded to the young spitfire, “n.. no, im a Pegasus miss, the blazer just doesn’t have holes for my wings” spitfire responded quietly as she didn’t want to get in troubles with miss rose as she was already late. “Oh your a Pegasus, well you’ll still be in the earth pony class dear as we don’t really have any Pegasus students but you” miss rose said to spitfire as her memory faded to black.


Spitfire began to see images again fade in from the serene darkness of her mind, it was a few years later spitfires mum was there with her step father and they were angry starring down at what looked to be a 5 year old spitfire.

“Spitfire, if you continue this behaviour you will be sent to live with your aunt Eileen and Uncle Jet stream in clouds dale permanently” stormy flair said to her daughter, “do you understand me?” She said angrily, “Go ahead send me there anything to get away from him!” Spitfire yelled at the top of her lungs, while pointing at her father, as her unicorn siblings laughed in the background, “you what young lady, don’t point at your father like that” stormy flair yelled, all spitfire thought of was finally escaping the hell she lived in, she could get out of it if she was naughty, she just did what she thought would send her off, “shut up!” She shouted at her mum and kicked her ‘father’ in his right knee “his not my dad and never will be, my dad is dead and wont ever be replaced.. buy.. buy some fake!” She screamed and ran out of the house, all she heard was her mother yell, “if you dont get your flank back here right now your off to your uncles permanently you ungrateful child!”