• Published 3rd Dec 2020
  • 368 Views, 7 Comments

A New Addition - uraveragebrony



When a human infant arrives in Equestria, what will its life be like living in a world full of ponies?

  • ...
 7
 368

Prologue

It was a cool evening just like any other during the fall season. The running of the leaves had just concluded the day prior in the small town of Ponyville.

This small town also happens to contain the 'Bearers of the Elements' as they are often referred to throughout the country.

Two particular pegasi happened to be wandering the streets late at night after a romantic dinner.

"Tonight was... amazing." Windy Whistles says as she leans up against her 'hubby' while they continue strolling down the empty road at a leisurely pace.

"It sure was honey." Bow Hothoof responded before leaning over and giving her a peck on the cheek which she graciously returned.

The two continued their stroll through the quiet night, undisturbed as they took in the beauty of the town.

"Ponyville sure is a nice change from Cloudsdale." Windy says while looking at all the closed, quaint storefronts.

"It's much quieter than Cloudsdale, that's for sure." Bow exclaims, noting the fact that they are the only ones out at this time.

"Waah!"

Windy's ear perked up at the only sound penetrating the otherwise very quiet night. "Honey, do you hear that?" She asks while looking around, trying to find the source of the disturbance.

Both of them listened intently and it only took a moment for another distant cry to pierce the quiet night.

"It's coming from over there!" Bow said while pointing a hoof towards the closest alley only a store down.

With quick haste, the couple nearly galloped into the alley, with the source of the noise only getting louder the deeper they went.

After a sharp left turn, the sound suddenly got much louder. A crib present in the middle of the alley seemed to surprise both of them for a moment before they both quickly went to the crib's side.

"Who could leave a foal out here in the middle of the night!?" Windy exclaimed as the motherly side of her took over.

"I know, why would somepony possibly-" He never finished that sentence because looking into the crib revealed something that stopped both the parent in their tracks.

"W-What's that!" Bow nearly shouted while pointing a hoof at the infant babysitting in the middle of the crib, with nothing more than a diaper on and a stuffed dog in its grasp.

This action alerted the child to the two's presence which caused the child to cease its crying and look on in wonder at the two ponies staring back at it with wide eyes.

After a few minutes of nothing but staring, the child broke the silence as it started to cry again.


"We gotta tell someone!" Bow says as he starts retreating from the crib and back the way they came.

"We can't just leave it here though, it looks so small and helpless." Windy said, her motherly side taking over once again.

"Just look at it!" Bow nearly shouted once again while pointing to the crib next to his wife. "I've never seen a creature that looks like that! What if it's dangerous!? What if it eats ponies!? What if it-" He was cut short as a light blue hoof smacked him across the face.

"Listen to yourself! We can't just leave it here! It acts just like Dashie did when she was a foal. How would you feel if something happened to it? Plus, it's the middle of the night, nopony wants to be disturbed this late at night!" She finally finished before taking a step back and recollecting herself. "We're not leaving it. Either we stay here, or we bring it back to the hotel." She says with a tone indicating that there is no room for negotiation before walking back over to the crib and sitting down.

"But... what... how... oh fine, but if something happens, don't blame me." He says with a conceding tone.

Windy looked back into the crib with the still crying baby in it.

"Shh, it's ok. I'm gonna give you a nice place to rest tonight." She says in a very motherly tone which has the desired effect as the baby starts to quiet down and look towards her. "You look kinda cute, don't you?" She says with a smile as she reaches her wing into the crib and starts to tickle the child. She is quickly rewarded with a giggling as the child squirms around.

"Maybe this won't be so bad."Bow says to himself, not intending for his wife to hear it. Only she heard it clearly with him standing right next to her.

"Alright, let's get back home, ok?" she says while balancing on her hind hooves and reaching into the crib to pick up the child.

This action is met with the child staring at her limbs with curiosity evident in its eyes.

After picking up the child with no struggle, she took flight only hovering an inch off the ground, not being able to walk and carry the child at the same time.

The child, on the other hand, had wide eyes as it took in the fact that it was flying.

"Let's get back to the room, it looks tired." She says, which is met with a yawn from the child only moments later. "Aww, that's just adorable."

The two of them traversed the town back to their home for the previous two days.

After walking, or in Windy's case, flying into the reception area, they both let out a breath as they saw that nobody was at the desk. It was pretty late after all.

After arriving at their room on the second floor, they quickly went inside and closed the door.

"Aww, it's sleeping." Windy cooed while watching the sleeping child cradled in her arms.

She ever so gently placed the child on the make-shift bed they had put on the chair next to their princess sized bed.

After taking in the fact that they had a creature in their room that they had never seen nor heard of before, they laid down on their bed with sleep quickly overtaking them despite the recent addition.

Author's Note:

Well, hope this is somewhat decent.

I will try to update it at a minimum of once every two weeks, maybe more if I am feeling it.