• Published 25th Oct 2020
  • 1,087 Views, 24 Comments

Vampires About Ponyville - kazamacat



Rainbow Dash lost control of her vampire power five hundred years ago, and she's never been the same mare since. Numerous ponies find themselves caught in the web of this vindictive killer's game.

  • ...
6
 24
 1,087

Chapter 01 - Threats

Author's Note:

This story is based on Vampires of Ponyville by Harmony Rapids, my favorite version of Rainbow Dash as a blood-drinking vampire. I'm an obsessed Rainbow Dash fangirl, with an appreciation for transformed evil with certain aesthetics. Rainbow's very threatening and powerful in the story, with a past of changing to become like that, so I like it very much.

Vampires of Ponyville never finished, so this alternate telling will obviously lead to somewhere else since I don't know how it was going to end. Admittedly, that somewhere else doesn't have an ending as of the time I will post this story either. Sorry. I still hope you enjoy what I've got to offer.

The parts of DJ-P0N3 and Octavia are switched to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom respectively. They are full-grown mares here and NOT sisters to Rarity or Applejack either. Crimson is the Midnight parallel. Scootaloo's part is largely intact.

If you're looking for something lighter and longer, my true pride and joy is The Master Mev. This story is like me scratching an itch I had after posting Chapter 39 there.

Rainbow Dash and Sweetie Belle walked side by side next to each other, after recently leaving a night club together. They stopped upon hearing voices.

"Why won't you drink?!" one stallion asked another.

The two mares paused in their trek, sensing something amiss. They backtracked a small bit to peer into a darkened area where they saw two rather handsome stallions. One stood tall with a blue coat and black hair. He was an earth pony and the one who had been yelling. The other was a unicorn only a little shorter with a beige coat and light brown hair.

The two observing mares waited and watched as the blue stallion brought out a pretty young pink coated mare with blonde hair from the shadows. The pony he held smiled drunkenly with half-lidded eyes, barely conscious. The blue stallion peeled back her mane and sniffed her neck.

"Come on," the blue stallion said, looking up to meet eyes with his companion. "She has a really pretty neck," he pointed out.

"Creep," Rainbow Dash muttered from a fair distance where she and Sweetie Belle watched.

The young mare being held seemed to realize what was happening and started to squirm in the blue stallion's forelimbs.

"Alright, that's it," Rainbow said with a determined look in her eyes, clearly ready to step in and take action.

Sweetie Belle pulled at her friend's forelimb, stopping her. "Don't," she pleaded with her concerned green eyes. "Let's just...let's just wait a minute."

Rainbow Dash hesitated for a moment but conceded and stopped to watch some more.

"I-I'm not," the beige stallion said with a hesitant step back.

The blue stallion glared at him without a word for a moment and stared deep into the mare's eyes as his own dark blue ones flashed red. "Relax," he commanded.

The mare's body seemed to go limp as she obeyed.

"Go to him," the blue stallion nodded in the direction of the beige one.

"Mind control?" Sweetie whispered and gulped. How long could she keep both herself and Rainbow Dash at bay with something like that happening? She could see Rainbow Dash seething. She tugged and held her friend tight.

Rainbow glanced at her carefully. The two locked eyes when they sensed another red flash, calling their attention back to the scene. The beige stallion was on the mare's neck, and they could see a small trail of blood running down her as he did. She whimpered, and they heard it.

"Vampires," Rainbow Dash and Sweetie Belle said at the same time.

Sweetie Belle gulped and said with quiet urgency, "Rainbow, we need to run."

Rainbow Dash stared at her friend hard for a moment, thinking quick on her hooves how to keep them safe and hidden. "Quietly," she ordered and gave a nod of the direction they should go. "We move, but do not run."

Sweetie Belle swallowed again but nodded. Vampires supposedly had a keen sense of hearing, so it was good advice.

Despite their efforts, they were heard by the two vampire stallions.

"Should we go after them?" the invigorated unicorn stallion asked.

"Give them a head start," the blue stallion told him with a sly smile. "I'm glad you are awakened to your nature."

The unicorn stallion smiled back a fanged grin with an eager nod.


The two mares kept on in the darkness, startled by any and all sounds, trying to keep their wits about them. They saw a light fixture up ahead.

Keep going or stop?

They're hunters had caught up. The two stallions watched and waited, looking for a proper opening.

"Now?" the unicorn stallion asked.

"Not just yet, but soon," the blue stallion advised.

"I want the unicorn," the beige stallion noted hungrily.

The blue stallion flashed a smile and nodded in agreement.

"Can we run yet?" Sweetie Belle asked in a terrified whisper.

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes, soaking in the fear, then visibly twitched as she stated, "Slow and steady."

Sweetie Belle nervously swallowed but complied.

They went on, and the street lights guiding their path began to progressively go out, surrounding them in darkness.

Sweetie Belle audibly yelped in fear and found a sky blue hoof up to her mouth, silencing her.

Two magenta eyes flashed red with a stern look. "That was the wrong move," Rainbow said gravely.

Sweetie Belle's eyes widened, and her mouth fell open as the hoof pulled away.

"What?" Rainbow asked innocently. She looked behind her, in case Sweetie Belle was looking at something else. Nothing and no one was there, certainly not the other two vampires chasing them. "What?" Rainbow asked again in annoyance with another flash of red in her eyes.

Sweetie Belle gasped, took a few scared steps back, and bolted away with a gallop.

Rainbow Dash fluttered her feathered wings in place and shook her head, replaying the scene and recalling the emotions she felt. She saw a red flash light up the air. She had lost herself in such a heated moment, and now Sweetie Belle knew what she was, that Rainbow too was a vampire. That...could be a problem.

The other two vampires meanwhile met each other's eyes and stood back in shock and awe. "How?" whispered the beige one.

Rainbow immediately glanced his way. She dashed over to them both and glared at them with menace.

The blue stallion raised his hooves defensively like an immediate surrender. "You covered yourself well. We didn't know, we swear. She's yours, alright? Unless you don't want her, of course."

Rainbow silently fumed for a moment and then tore off. "Consider yourselves lucky," she called back to them with a venomous tone.

At that, the blue stallion relaxed. "Believe me, we do."

"We do?" the beige stallion asked.

"We do," the blue stallion told him firmly.


Sweetie Belle ran and ran and ran, internally debating with herself about what she saw. The red eye flash meant her friend was a vampire, and vampires were trouble, right? They'd just witnessed one of them feeding on a mare. Rainbow Dash herself must have had to drink blood and would maybe one day have fed on Sweetie Belle herself. If tonight hadn't happened.

Oh, if only tonight hadn't happened. She'd still be in blissful ignorance, and given her current state of fear, that didn't sound so bad, even if it did put her in danger. More danger? Less danger? She wasn't really sure. She realized she'd worked her way to an empty alley and sat on her haunches, trying to settle her pounding heartbeat.

To her astonishment, a sky blue forelimb wrapped around her torso and a sky blue hoof clamped down over her mouth. "Boo," Rainbow teased in a low voice, making her sound like the threatening vampire she was.

Sweetie Belle's horn glowed for a moment trying to move the strong limbs to no avail. She whimpered again. "Don't hurt me," she begged.

"I wasn't going to hurt you earlier, you know," Rainbow informed her.

Sweetie Belle gulped. "But now…"

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Now I have to at least consider it, maybe even kill you. Most mortal ponies aren't supposed to know."

"But some do?" Sweetie asked.

"Hmm, not lately," Rainbow admitted.

"Rainbow...please don't kill me," Sweetie begged.

"Tell ya what," Rainbow said with confident authority. "You actually stay quiet this time," she growled, "and I at the very least won't kill you now. Can you handle that?"

"Mm-hmm," Sweetie Belle agreed with a weak nod.

Rainbow Dash released her, and Sweetie Belle took a relieved breath.

"How long have you been like this?" Sweetie asked.

Rainbow glared at her.

"Right, quiet," Sweetie realized. "What do we do now?"

"I'll walk you home," Rainbow decided. The unicorn mare lived alone in an apartment complex though her girlfriend, an earth pony violinist named Apple Bloom, frequently visited.

Sweetie nodded in compliance.

Once there, Sweetie Belle hesitated. "Can you go to places even if you're not invited?"

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah," she answered casually.

"Oh," Sweetie Belle grew disappointed at this news, but she supposed it was obvious given how long they'd known each other.

Rainbow Dash sighed in annoyance. "If you want to ask about it, you do have to invite me in because I'm not answering any kind of vampire interrogation out here."

"I'm not-" Sweetie Belle started to say and caught a look from her winged friend. The unicorn mare stopped and considered things. "What happens now? Are you still going to let me live?"

Rainbow Dash glowered without a word though her magenta eyes looked on as if to say, "You're alive now, aren't you?"

Sweetie Belle knew it was dangerous and still..still she could not help herself. She was too curious, and she had a dangerous idea. "Do you-do you want to come in and tell me about it?"

"Sure," Rainbow replied with a suddenly relaxed and casual air in contrast to her glower a moment ago.

With that, the vampire entered and began to answer numerous questions, starting with one Sweetie Belle had asked earlier. "How long have you been like this?" The young unicorn prepared Rainbow's preferred drink of apple cider and magically guided her a glass.

"One thousand years," Rainbow answered and took a swig of the drink. She smacked her lips. It tasted funny.

Sweetie's eyes widened at that. "How did it happen?"

Rainbow's face twitched with a flicker of suppressed rage. "Some stallion drank nearly all of my blood, just to the point where I would die if I didn't drink his and then, well...then he fed me his blood. So I lived on as a vampire."

Sweetie gulped. "Have you killed anyone?"

"What do you think?" Rainbow retorted with a biting tone that suggested it was a sore subject. She took another drink. It still tasted funny. She bat away a growing suspicion for a moment.

"I think...you have," Sweetie admitted.

Rainbow nodded. In truth, she had, and she was very good at it. "It's not impossible to live without killing, but it's quite the challenge for our kind. Granted, all life feeds on death in some form. Just not the so 'actively killing' part."

Sweetie Belle swallowed and nodded nervously. "Can you die? I've seen you out during the day. In sunlight."

Rainbow Dash chuckled wickedly. "I'm not telling you how to kill me. You're on your own for that one, silly little pony." With that, she set her glass down with emphatic force. "But I will tell you, that whatever you put in this cider, just makes it taste bad. It won't kill me."

Sweetie Belle blushed and stared at the floor.

Rainbow Dash sniffed it and inhaled. "Garlic? Really?"

Sweetie Belle shrugged. "I'm not exactly an expert, and you've made no secret that you might kill me."

"Yeah," Rainbow said with a nod. "Too true." She grinned with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Let's make a game of it."

Sweetie Belle balked. "A game?" she asked, incredulously, backing away.

"Oh yes," Rainbow said, standing to her full height. "You got a chance to try killing me. I should have a chance to try killing you."

"That's not fair!" Sweetie Belle protested. "You're a literal vampire. You could have killed me already! I'm not just some...sport."

"Oh, but you are," Rainbow said, visibly baring her fangs for the first time, and her magenta eyes lit red with a gleeful smile.

"What is with that?" Sweetie Belle pointed at her and meaning the flash.

"They're called eye flashes. They happen when we feel...predatory. Or angry. Intense situations. Dramatic effect. Vampire flair. Whatever. It's just a thing that happens. Sometimes it makes things better and sometimes worse, but I'm stuck with it all the same," Rainbow replied. "Now then, let's consider the rules of the game."

She had backed Sweetie Belle against the wall by now and leaned in, sniffing the other mare's neck. "I hope I win," she remarked. She licked the neck a little with sincere affection, and Sweetie Belle inwardly cursed herself for enjoying it so thoroughly. She felt a prick on her neck, not enough to sense a drain, but enough to know Rainbow had bit her.

The vampire moaned with pleasure. "You taste...so good," she said with a sinister chuckle. She lapped up the tiny bit of blood and wiped it off the white unicorn's neck. "That will help track you," she noted with a wicked waggle of her eyebrows. "Better get a move on. I'm going to count to ten."

Sweetie Belle stood stock still, considering her options and correctly decided buying time in this game was her best chance of living longer. She darted out of her own apartment.

"Stay clear of Apple Bloom!" Rainbow called out to her.

Sweetie Belle heard her but didn't process the suggestion.

Rainbow Dash examined the room and yelled out, "Ten!" She stared at the numerous bottles of drinks. No blood obviously, but vampires could still taste other drinks. Even food, really. It was hard to pass for mortal without being able to do so, even if they could live just as easily without, and none of it truly compared to their preferred and real food source. She looked around for cider without garlic in it.

"Nine!" she yelled again.

She found a bottle of interest and popped it open. She sat down and considered the situation. Was she really going to kill Sweetie Belle? "Eight," she muttered. It was rather cruel, and while she was no stranger to being cruel in her long lifespan, she had managed to not be cruel in Sweetie's presence for at least a few years now.

She had done it off and to the side and at a distance, so it wasn't like she'd been a morally upstanding vampire all that time. Far from it, if she were being honest with herself. "Seven!" she yelled more loudly this time though Sweetie Belle may very well have been out of earshot by now, at least if she had any sense for her well-being. And she did. And she was.

Of course, turning the white-coated unicorn was an option, Rainbow considered. She resented the stallion who did it to her, and Twilight for letting it happen. Twilight. Her eyes narrowed. Both her red irises and bloodlust surfaced as she sneered. "Six!"

While Rainbow Dash considered the weight of Sweetie Belle's life, the young mortal unicorn grew restless. She had wandered off to the same night club they went to earlier, but it was empty. Sweetie had found a table to hide under and wait. Still, she was frantic and not thinking clearly. Rage and fear filled her. And a little impatience too. "Come and get me you cursed piece of horse manure!"

Rainbow Dash's sensitive ears perked up. Well, that made the decision quite easy, didn't it? She flung the bottle against the wall and let it shatter. "And that's forfeit," she told the empty room with a smirk. "Show time!"