• Published 25th Oct 2020
  • 1,089 Views, 24 Comments

Vampires About Ponyville - kazamacat



Rainbow Dash lost control of her vampire power five hundred years ago, and she's never been the same mare since. Numerous ponies find themselves caught in the web of this vindictive killer's game.

  • ...
6
 24
 1,089

Chapter 09 - Wings

Crimson eyed Twilight and Scootaloo carefully, trying to decide what to do about the filly. If anything. As far as he could tell, Rainbow Dash was still very much beholden to her own bloodlust above all else. "What exactly are you hoping to achieve by staying in a house with three vampires?" he asked plainly.

Scootaloo looked up at him and looked at Twilight as if she needed permission to address Rainbow's sire.

"I invited her here to be with Rainbow since the two used to be like sisters," Twilight told him. "She accepted."

"You must be so disappointed," Crimson noted carefully.

Scootaloo stared at the table with a sad expression.

"We're working on that," Twilight said with an uneasy smile.

Scootaloo nodded quietly.

The sire grew contemplative and analytical. "Are you thinking they'll adopt you and that you can grow up in the company of three vampires?"

"I spent two years with two vampires, sir, and I came out alright," Scootaloo said defensively.

"I beg to differ," Crimson argued. "You have survived well past your time and warped your own memory and mindset to find one particular mare that you knew full well needed to drink blood to survive. Pony blood to truly thrive. That decision is not in any way…alright. You had a life to live, and you gave it up...for a vampire."

Scootaloo frowned in annoyance. "You're one to talk since you turned her."

Crimson nodded, not arguing her point. "You've put yourself in grave danger being here. I promise you...Rainbow Dash herself would give you maybe twenty years to grow into an adult form...and then she'd turn you." He narrowed his eyes. "Are you prepared for such a consequence? Maybe you even want it."

Twilight put a forelimb down to catch their attention. "Rainbow will be herself again before that and even if she somehow isn't, she very rarely turns anyone. Sweetie Belle is an exception, not a rule."

Crimson took a deep breath and silently fumed but said only one last thing to Scootaloo. "You shouldn't be here. You should leave as soon as you can."

"That is enough, Crimson," Twilight said sternly.

"I agree, actually," he replied. "When you are ready, Princess, I wish to speak with you alone."

Scootaloo had finished her breakfast in that time so simply excused herself and went upstairs.

Twilight glared at Crimson. "That was completely uncalled for. Despite the years she has lived, she is as close to being a real, little filly as she can be."

Crimson chuckled wickedly. "Regardless, I do wish to offer you some of my blood as well. It has Rainbow's in it," he told her with a smirk.

Twilight looked up at him with hopeful, widened eyes. "She let you?"

He grinned wickedly. "She did. You must be ever so thirsty for it."

Twilight licked her own lips, and her fangs elongated. She could not resist that offer. She simply couldn't, and Crimson knew that.

She lunged forward across the table and pounced, knocking them to the ground, and she bit in.

Crimson smiled wickedly with two contented light blue eyes as he let her have the taste before his horn sparked that she should stop.

Twilight stood and felt her entire body strengthen. Finally. She felt...well, not whole...only the real Rainbow Dash could truly fix that...but she was as close as she could be otherwise.

"Now then," Crimson told her with a sly smile. "About that filly…"

Twilight hungrily licked her lips and looked up at him with interest.

His eyes lit red. "You should kill her. Won't Rainbow Dash appreciate that? To have you destroy that last remnant of her past self."

Twilight winced and groaned. "Stop it, Crimson."

Crimson raised an interested eyebrow. "Or perhaps Rainbow would not appreciate that. Perhaps you should also be a vengeful demon, hmm?

Twilight clutched at her head in pain and shut her eyes. "Stop," she begged.

Crimson pulled her close. "Look at me, Princess. I just gave you her blood. A gift from me to you. Look at me."

Twilight opened her eyes and looked at him, tears streaming down her face.

"Kill Scootaloo," he commanded.

Twilight's eyes flashed red. Right. Kill Scootaloo. She always wanted to kill Scootaloo, and now there was no Rainbow Dash around to stop her. She sneered. And wouldn't that be a sweet revenge on the monster. Yes, yes, of course.

With a wicked smile, Twilight nodded in agreement and stumbled her way up the stairs to Scootaloo's room, opening the door.

When Scootaloo saw her, she noticed the predatory look in Twilight's eyes, all too familiar from so many years ago. And the drunken posture.

"Twilight?" Scootaloo asked nervously.

Twilight smiled evilly at her. "No one's here to protect you now."

Scootaloo gasped in fear and covered her head with her forelimbs. "Twilight, snap out of it," she pleaded to the air.

Twi, snap out of it Rainbow's voice echoed in Twilight's head.

Twilight's head jerked up in paranoia. Was she here? Now? The hunt was a ruse for this moment?!

Snap out of it! the words commanded her. Snap out of it! Snap out of it! Snap out of it!

The night before. Crimson. Dead. Fake. She snapped out of it then. She snapped out of it thanks to Scootaloo. And a memory of Rainbow Dash. The one who cared about her back then.

Again, Twilight clutched at her head.

Scootaloo saw her chance. "Twilight," she said seriously, "Crimson is using you to get rid of me. Just think. That means he thinks we have a real chance if little old me is a threat. Right? Don't throw away our chance to work together. You want Rainbow Dash back more than anything else, remember?"

Crimson...using...her…Twilight groaned.

She can join us. You will be my companion, and she will be yours. You two don't mind sharing, right? Twilight flinched at the memory of him convincing her to have Rainbow turned as well.

Because it's time...for you to make her the vampire I wanted her to be. Another memory of being encouraged to turn off Rainbow's control. She flinched again.

Even last night…and just now...Crimson wasn't hurting Scootaloo directly, but he was using Twilight.

"All this time," she uttered, and she heard a distant shatter in her mind. She had always known it, but somehow it hit her harder with how weak and desperate she had been all this time. He never came to her aid in the past five-hundred years and now...preserving Demon Dash was more important to him than caring about Twilight or even Rainbow's past self. Some hapless filly was a perfectly acceptable sacrifice.

No more. Twilight sneered. No more. Tears streamed down her face. There was no wispy equine shape, no ribbons, nothing like that...but she let go. She let go of her feelings for Crimson. She wouldn't help Rainbow kill him. No, she was not that far gone into the depths of her hatred.

She just knew that she might end up letting it happen now that she had felt what he let happen to her yet again after all this time. After all, she had already mourned him the night before.

"Twilight?" Scootaloo asked, snapping the unicorn mare out of her thoughts.

Twilight held the filly's shoulders and hugged her. "I'm so sorry," she whispered through tears.

"It's alright, we fixed it," Scootaloo told her with uneasy encouragement.

"Maybe you really shouldn't be here," Twilight uttered. "If I mess up again…"

Scootaloo gulped nervously. She hated to admit it, but maybe that was true. Maybe that was Crimson's real plan all along. She said as much to Twilight.

Twilight furrowed her brow. "That's possible," she agreed. "Let's tell him we've reached an agreement that you can at least stay until you've seen Rainbow's new wings."

Scootaloo gulped but nodded in agreement.

"Twilight?" Crimson's voice called out.

Twilight took a deep breath. "Your plan didn't work, Crimson," she called down. "Scootaloo's alive and well, and I plan to keep it that way. But...you showed us the danger as you meant, we think. She'll be on her way after Rainbow develops her wings."

Crimson chortled. "So be it, my dear. That is certainly an acceptable term for me." As far as he knew and suspected, he was getting what he wanted. Even if it were a trick, he had full confidence he could take care of the matter.


Rainbow Dash and Sweetie Belle returned to the house.

"Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo rushed over to greet them, fluttering her small wings for a boost.

"Heya, Squirt. I'm glad to see you still on one piece," she announced with a smirk in Twilight's direction.

Twilight rolled her eyes, doing her best to mask how close she had come to failing on that front.

"Are your wings ready yet?" Scootaloo asked.

"They're close enough that she should be in bed," Crimson announced, entering behind them.

This time it was Rainbow Dash who rolled her eyes though her sire was correct.

"Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with," she muttered, sensing her wings starting to ache more than they had before the previous night.

All five ponies made their way to her room.

Rainbow Dash herself cringed and started to breath heavily.

Sweetie Belle stood next to her, holding her hoof, then looked up at Twilight and Crimson. "Is this normal?"

Crimson nodded. "Yes, she'll be fine. It's just a few minutes."

Twilight took in a deep breath. "I've never seen it happen myself."

"You should probably all back off," Rainbow grunted between her heavy breaths.

Twilight magically pulled Sweetie Belle away, much to the fledgling's annoyance though she didn't protest.

Some crackling sounded, and a red force-field surrounded the bed on which Rainbow Dash lie on her stomach.

"And that?" Sweetie Belle asked Crimson.

Twilight looked worriedly at her sire, who intently studied it.

"I've only witnessed this once before, and there was no force-field," Crimson noted thoughtfully. "Nor have I ever heard of one from other stories."

"Mistress, are you alright?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Rainbow was panting between deep breaths. Her fangs were visible as she gnashed her teeth and clenched her eyes shut. "Augh!" she screamed.

The wings transformed to bat-like in front of everyone and soon reverted back.

Rainbow Dash continued panting. "Alright as I can be under the circumstances."

"This part is normal," Crimson announced to the group.

Rainbow's wings flapped between feathered and bat-like a few times before everyone's eyes.

"You had better be right about this 'few minutes' business," Rainbow told Crimson with a glare and gritted fangs.

Crimson nodded, still very much intrigued by the force-field. In truth, he had never seen a pegasus vampire develop bat wings either, but he had met at least a couple. Pegasus vampires were quite rare, even moreso at that age. He knew of the brief pain from that and his own instincts.

Discord watched from being perched on the room's ceiling fan, making sure his force-field protected the pegasus. He was small and invisible to the entire group. The wispy equine shape was also small and invisible, hovering near his shoulder.

A few more minutes went on with everyone watching and waiting as Rainbow Dash panted and grunted in pain. Her altering wings flapped until finally a strong gust of wind shot out from her center. The force-field disappeared.

Rainbow Dash smiled at the sight of the bat wings and immediately fluttered up to test them out. She tried flying at varying speeds, a glide here, a hover there, a dash, a flip, and so on. Eventually, she descended to study them even more closely, curious to see if they had any other special power. She supposed they felt more firm and could perhaps be used as a shield.

"So, it's...good, right?" Sweetie Belle asked hesitantly.

"Are you kidding? It's awesome. This took way too long, but I like it," Rainbow Dash replied with a sly smile.

Scootaloo could only stare in awe. A small part of her did fear the look, but another part was actually very happy for Rainbow Dash. Again, she mentally reminded herself that Demon Dash could easily imitate Rainbow, but her bloodlust had to still be in control.

Twilight looked on silence with a touch of hope and gratitude. Rainbow did not protest her presence and seemed to have even forgotten her.

As if in response to that thought, Rainbow ordered everyone else out of the room so that she could talk to just Twilight.

It would seem we should let these two have a moment Discord telepathically told his companion.

The equinity nodded in agreement, and they popped out of the scene.

Twilight Sparkle stayed quiet and patiently waited for whatever doom the demon had in store.

Oh no. And yes.

She knew what it was.

It was better than being drained at least.

Honestly, it was just a big tease compared to the physical attacks.

She kinda liked it.

But still.

She knew that look.

"What do you think, Sparky?" Rainbow Dash asked with a cocky smirk.

"They're 'awesome' just like you said," Twilight replied with a hesitant smile.

"You know it," Rainbow replied with a proud glint in her eyes.

She drew several steps closer to eye Twilight, close to her muzzle.

As Twilight expected, an outstretched wing touched her shoulder. That felt nice.

Rainbow came even closer to her cheek, as if about to kiss her.

But that was the point.

"How awful it must feel...to know how much I hate you on this day of my life," Rainbow said. "To know that I wish this point," she stuck in the tip of her wing, "could pierce your flesh and draw your delicious blood for me." She sniffed. "Although it seems you already had some of me and Crimson."

Twilight gulped. "Rainbow, stop..."

"Why?" Rainbow asked, feigning sincerity.

"Because...don't you want this day to be...special...w-without...h-how much you hate me," Twilight suggested. "Maybe you could pretend for a few minutes..."

The wisteria unicorn was surprised when Rainbow lifted the sharp tip of the wing and kissed her.

A long, deep kiss. A kiss she had not felt in her for over five-hundred years.

No, don't fall for it! Twilight warned herself in her head. Demon Dash will not die so easily.

Rainbow threw her to the bed and pounced with an evil smile. "You like?"

Twilight grinned up at her, eyes flashing red. "Yeah, I do."

A sinister chuckle. "Good. One more kiss, Twi. You ready?"

'Twi'? Oh, the torment, but Twilight accepted it all the same. Another passionate kiss.

The bat-winged pony then began to kiss at Twilight's neck. "I want your blood," Rainbow moaned.

"Even knowing what I drank earlier?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, Twi. Give yourself to me," Rainbow said.

Twilight gulped. "I should probably confess before you do."

Rainbow stopped. "Don't ruin this."

"I already have. I almost attacked Scootaloo earlier," Twilight admitted.

Rainbow snorted. "You think that surprises me in your sorry state with Crimson around?"

Twilight blushed. "Well, I admit I did, but so long as you know what's what…"

"Your blood," Rainbow hissed viciously to remind her.

Twilight giggled. "Very well. Don't drain me dry, Demon."

"Oh, alright," Rainbow said and bit right in.

Twilight cringed and gasped in brief pain.

But Rainbow let her go once satisfied enough. Her eyes glowed red, and she happily wiped her mouth, then licked at her lips to be extra sure she got every last desired drop.

Using her new wings, she fluttered up from the bed and descended to the floor. "Pretending over, Sparky."

Twilight sat upright in the bed and sighed. "I wish it didn't have to be."

Suddenly, the entire house shook, and the ground rumbled.

Author's Note:

Almost done. Next chapter is long and last.