• Published 25th Oct 2020
  • 1,083 Views, 24 Comments

Vampires About Ponyville - kazamacat



Rainbow Dash lost control of her vampire power five hundred years ago, and she's never been the same mare since. Numerous ponies find themselves caught in the web of this vindictive killer's game.

  • ...
6
 24
 1,083

Chapter 06 - Crimson

One-thousand years ago…

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle stood next to each other, observing the scene of high society Canterlot unicorns mingling from their chosen place within a party.

Rainbow shifted uncomfortably in her fancy magenta dress. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this."

Twilight wore a fancy dress too, a very light pink. "Well, I know they aren't actual Wonderbolts, but a lot of these ponies attend their shows. They've got connections. Maybe, you'll find an in that way."

A white-coated red-maned stallion entered the scene, and many eyes fell upon him, the two mare-friends included.

"Who's that guy?" Rainbow asked Twilight. "Think he knows anyone or anything? He somehow feels important."

"I've never seen him before," Twilight replied. "Something about his aura though...it's…" she hesitated before admitting, "...alluring."

"Watch yourself," Rainbow teased. "You might fall under his spell," she said, not knowing how right she was.

Twilight gathered her bearings. "I want to talk to him," she decided.

"You know the drill," Rainbow reminded her.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Vampires aren't real. We've been over it a hundred times."

Rainbow shot her a look.

"Hey, no one knows what happened to those girls, alright? They're missing, not vampire victims," Twilight said. "I mean, why vampires and not werewolves or zombies with you? Not to mention that if they ventured to the Everfree forest, anything from a manticore to a sea serpent could have killed them."

Rainbow shrugged. "Yeah, I know. I guess it's just...vampires can pass for pony, assuming pegasus vampires don't get bat wings anyway. That guy's a unicorn, so...hard to say." She had grown analytical as she considered things.

"I think you like them," Twilight accused her. "And kinda want to be one yourself."

"Well, I'm not in favor of killing anypony to drink their blood, but the rest of it sounds kinda cool," Rainbow admitted. She grinned. "Enhanced senses, strength, speed, being 'alluring,'...you know...power. And the fangs. Gotta love the fangs."

"Fangs?" a male voice inquired, catching their attention.

Twilight smiled bashfully at the stallion stranger they were just discussing as he approached. "My friend has a wild imagination."

"Plus, I wouldn't mind bat wings if they had an on and off switch," Rainbow added.

Twilight glared at her.

Rainbow giggled.

"I can see that," the stallion responded to Twilight's earlier comment. "And just what exactly is it she imagines?"

"Nothing!" Twilight replied immediately in a defensive tone.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes but decided not to confess, just in case the guy really was a vampire. That could be trouble. "Just a thing between us mares. Can we help you?"

"Yes, my name is Crimson. I was wondering if either of you fine, young mares would join me in a dance," he respectfully bowed and offered a hoof.

"Which-?" Twilight started to say, but Rainbow pushed her forward.

"Sure, Twilight will dance with ya. Just don't try any funny business, mister. She's my girlfriend," Rainbow said with authority.

Twilight blushed. "She is correct, good sir. But we…share…"

The stallion raised an intrigued eyebrow and led Twilight to the dance floor.

Rainbow Dash watched, realizing she found him alluring too. When the pair completed their dance, they returned to where Rainbow stood. Crimson asked Rainbow for a turn. Only because Twilight encouraged her did she do it.

As their dance finished, Crimson's gaze pierced deep into his dancing partner. "Come with me," he ordered as his eyes flashed red.

Rainbow Dash winced but felt compelled to do as he said. He led her to Twilight and together, the three left the dance. He led them somewhere far from Canterlot. An isolated cottage on the edge of Ponyville by the Everfree forest. He told them he had lived there alone for several years.

He led Twilight to a sofa and held her chin in his hoof, starting to lean in when he heard Rainbow Dash wiggle in place, flexing her feathers. Crimson understood immediately she had grown restless and suspicious, his enchantment starting to wear off a little. He was ready for that and easily knocked her unconscious.

Twilight was still under his spell so asked quite innocently, "Why did you do that? Rainbow Dash is my partner, Crimson."

Crimson smiled at her. "I want you to be with me, Twilight Sparkle." He revealed his fangs. "My companion...as a vampire."

Twilight looked from him to the unconscious Rainbow Dash, still under his alluring spell as she recalled her talk with Rainbow earlier. Maybe Twilight would like it, she figured. Rainbow had made good points that some of it sounded cool. Twilight liked this Crimson fellow too. He could be a nice companion. "But Rainbow. I can't leave her."

Crimson's eyes darted to the unconscious form. "She…" he looked back deep into those purple eyes, deep into Twilight's own heart and her mind. She was attached. Strongly attached to her girlfriend. And the longer he peered in at the memories, the more he liked what he saw of Rainbow Dash's physical prowess and aggressive nature. He smiled wickedly. "She can join us. You will be my companion, and she will be yours. You two don't mind sharing, right?"


Rainbow Dash groaned and blearily opened her eyes. "Twilight?" she asked the air, realizing she was in a bedroom.

"Twilight is safe," Crimson said.

Rainbow blinked again, recalled some of what happened, and sneered. "I swear if you did something to her…"

She didn't get to finish as he was already on her neck, digging in his fangs, and draining her blood.

"Twilight…" Rainbow uttered on the verge of losing consciousness when she found a warm red liquid on her mouth as Crimson pressed his forelimb to her. The more she drank of it, the better it tasted, filling her with a different sense of what it meant to be alive.

When Crimson pulled away, Rainbow wiped her hoof. "What did you just do?" She instinctively licked the blood clean off.

"Twilight Sparkle's love for you is strong," Crimson informed her. "I could not have her without having you as well. You two are mine now. My companions. My sweet fledglings. Both of you. Vampires."

Rainbow blinked. "Oh no. No no no no. Look, your blood tasted good and all, but that is not…" she paused, cutting herself off from finishing that sentence.

"It is," Crimson corrected her sternly. "Something you want again and again, to drink forever. Not mine necessarily, but blood is something you desire, my child."

Rainbow reeled in unease with a headache, unable to balance herself in a proper stand.

"Relax," Crimson said. "I have fresh bait ready for you. A proper hunt is for another time. I want you to finish your transformation first."

Just then, a door opened, and Rainbow looked up to see a unicorn mare she did not know personally but recognized as one of the recently missing ones. The mare had a light pink coat and two-toned blue hair.

"Be a dear," Crimson told the mare, "and let Rainbow have you. She is a surprisingly gentle soul despite her tough exterior."

The mare nodded and approached, offering her neck to Rainbow Dash. After a moment, she said, "It is alright, milady."

Rainbow looked at Crimson and the offered neck. A thumping heart. Flowing blood. Her fangs grew, sharp and ready to pierce flesh. The blood inside that other pony's body called to her, tempting her. She wanted it. She hesitated only a moment, then felt some power in her eyes that flashed a red glow into the room. Before she knew it, her fangs were biting the other pony, and she sucked in the desired blood. After a short time, she pulled away.

"Finish it. Kill her," Crimson ordered.

Rainbow Dash cringed and obeyed, drinking more, enough that she could sense the mare die from blood loss. That blood now flowed in Rainbow's transformed body. "You…" tears streamed down her face. "You made me kill someone."

"It is part of your nature to kill," Crimson told her. "That is what made you kill her. And you will learn to kill, Rainbow Dash. Once I know you are capable, that is when you can attempt feeding without killing if you like. Or even feeding on the blood of non-ponies. You'll be weaker for it though."

"You turned me into this thing," Rainbow muttered bitterly to remind him.

Crimson smiled in amusement. "I rather like you this way. Would you rather I kill you as I do for my usual prey? An extraordinary mare like yourself. Twilight would miss you so."

Rainbow Dash sneered, and her magenta eyes lit to red again. She started to quietly think to herself. Putting a hoof to her chin and tapping it, she experimented with growing her fangs out. "My eyes…"

"Ah yes. You're an expressive mare, so it would seem your eye flashes might be rather common. They have to do with how you feel. The more predatory," Crimson told her with a smirk, "the more often they do that. Anger brings it out too. Among some other emotions, depending on their intensity."

"Predatory," Rainbow uttered in a trance, even drooling a little.

Crimson smiled wickedly, knowing full well she wanted to be an overpowering figure, such a young fledgling she was. He wanted it too. She would be strong. Perhaps his strongest fledgling ever if he played his cards right with her. A proper legacy when he was done with Twilight Sparkle.

Rainbow Dash realized she was drooling and wiped it away, shamefully looking anywhere but him.

"Come," he offered a hoof. "I'll take you to Twilight. She has already transformed as well."

Rainbow Dash reluctantly accepted his hoof. As she stood, she examined her feathered wings.

"Not yet," Crimson told her. "You are far too young for bat wings. It will take at least a thousand years."

"If I live that long, am I stuck with them that way?" Rainbow asked.

Crimson smirked. "They have a switch as you desired."

"I guess that's cool...even if it is a long time," Rainbow noted.

Crimson led her to another room.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight galloped over in an instant and hugged her so tight she would have crushed Rainbow's mortal self had Rainbow not transformed too.

"Well, I see you got stronger," Rainbow said, gently pushing her away with the embrace over. Quickly with urgent accusation in her voice, she asked, "How could you let this happen?"

Twilight stared down at the floor with a sad expression. "I…" she hesitated. She knew she did it under Crimson's spell, but the truth was, she liked the vampire. "I...wanted it. And...you told me you wanted it."

"I do recall saying I wasn't exactly up to drinking blood and killing ponies for it," Rainbow told her with indignance.

"Well, I couldn't control that, alright?" Twilight argued. "Besides, once you've learned and fed enough, you'll get that version."

Rainbow Dash twitched, but she couldn't scold Twilight any further. All of it was true, after all. Even the pang of guilt from her first kill had already faded into a lingering memory. There was a part of her that rather enjoyed it and eager to kill again. The predator part.

"Hey Crimson…" Rainbow said.

"Yes, Rainbow?" he replied.

"Does being a vampire erase our guilt over time? I've got this weird bloodthirsty thing going on in the back of my head," Rainbow admitted, nervously stroking the back of her mane.

Twilight nodded in agreement. "I'm curious too."

"More like it dulls from habit. You grow to accept that part of your nature, but vampires can still feel for other ponies. I admit, I turned you both out of my own desire to see you live on with me in this form. Too beautiful to kill and well...too beautiful to leave as mortal. You'll both be exquisite vampires," Crimson told them. Sincerity gleamed in his eyes.

"Creep," Rainbow shot at him.

"Rainbow!" Twilight scolded. "He's our…" she trailed off. "What are you to us, actually?"

"Sire," Crimson informed her. "You may refer to me as your sire. Some call themselves 'master', but your friend is a defiant one. 'Sire' will do, I hope."

"I'm fine with calling you 'creep' still. It even alliterates. 'That creep, Crimson. Oh, Creepy Crimson. There he goes'," Rainbow Dash paced around the room with a biting tone in her voice.

Crimson's deep, wicked laugh filled the room. "I knew I was right to choose you," he said with great amusement.

"I think that was supposed to be a compliment Sire Creep," Rainbow said, sticking out her tongue. To her surprise, it came out forked and long, like a snake's. "Whoa!"

"Fascinating," Crimson said and walked over to her.

She opened her mouth on instinct to let him and Twilight examine it.

"It looks normal now," Twilight noticed.

"Yes," Crimson agreed, soon followed by a smirk. "I do believe it would only happen in a similar context as just now between the two of us."

"I could live with that," Rainbow noted and stuck out her serpentine tongue at him again.

Crimson chuckled heartily. "As could I."

Rainbow Dash glanced over to Twilight Sparkle looking at her.

"He's right you know," Twilight said with a seductive smile. "We should embrace it. We would make 'exquisite' vampires."

At that, Rainbow Dash blushed. The words meant little coming from her sire, but with Twilight's endorsement...well, she always had a soft spot for her girlfriend. As the thought of being with Twilight for eternity occurred to her, that led to another thought. A question. "Where is your sire?" she asked Crimson.

"Not here and not finding me again. That is all you need to know, my child," Crimson told her.

Rainbow Dash crinkled her nose. "Your 'child'? Really?"

"What does my precious fledgling want me to call her?" Crimson asked with a gentle manner that Rainbow Dash couldn't help but find suspicious.

Deciding the question innocent enough on its own nonetheless, she answered him, "Just call me 'Rainbow' like most ponies. I don't...like you, Sire."

Crimson nodded sympathetically. "I hope one day you change your mind, Rainbow, but I understand. I am actually quite fond of you myself."

"Thanks, I guess. So...what's next? Are we stuck with you forever like this?" Rainbow asked him.

"It's not so different than a mortal family. I'm going to help you grow and understand being a vampire. One day, you'll perhaps move on from me. Or I'll move on from you. For now, yes. You are, indeed, stuck with me. You have much to learn," Crimson advised them.


A young blue-coated stallion with dark gray hair panted in fear and ran within the Everfree forest. He couldn't see her. He couldn't hear her. But she had deceived him before enough times that it meant little. He was right as the sky blue figure swooped down instantly with an evil grin.

"Please…" he begged. "Please...I'm...I'm sorry."

"Me too," Rainbow replied and pounced with a firm bite, draining him quickly.

Crimson appeared from the shadows, approaching with an emphatic, slow clap. "Perfect. You hunt well, Rainbow."

Rainbow looked up from the dead body and licked her upper lip for an extra bit of blood. "I'm aware of that. It's enough by now, right?" she asked. "I've been a vampire for a hundred years."

Crimson walked up to her. "I have to warn you. The path you choose is very dangerous. If you falter. If you lose control, you will be a very evil mare."

"I'm a very evil mare in control," Rainbow Dash argued and gestured at the dead body. "I don't think I really get points by going after other killers who happen to be mortal, Sire." Her serpentine tongue slipped out with her annoyance.

Crimson smirked. It was so cute on her. "So be it. Yes, Rainbow Dash. You have shown the necessary skills and lived as a vampire long enough that killing other ponies is no longer necessary. I would recommend you still do it from time to time. You will sense well enough when you should."

Rainbow sighed and shook her head with annoyance and guilt. "We'll see."


Crimson stared down at Ponyville from atop a hill. His two precious fledglings were here. He could sense it. After he had Twilight force off Rainbow's control, he left them both those five hundred years ago. For all they knew, he was dead. Twilight missed him; Rainbow didn't. Rainbow...his little demon of vengeance. About to earn her wings. He chuckled in amusement at the idea.

Neither sought him out, knowing their sire came and went as he pleased, sometimes for a few days, sometimes for hundreds of years. Plus, they had their own conflict with each other. He had no wish to mediate such a thing, even if it was partly his doing.

Rainbow Dash was finally the vampire he made her to be. Powerful and deadly. A proper legacy.

And that was enough.

Crimson wanted to see the wings develop and tell her how proud he was of her. She might still hate him and even try to kill him, but he was confident he could take on such a challenge. He was her sire after all.