• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 863 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Pony: The School Musical - Harrison Sparrow



Twilight Sparkle meets another alicorn named Harrison Sparrow, where they audition for the winter musicale at Canterlot High.

  • ...
 33
 863

4. Basketball Practice

At the school's gym, Harrison feels conflicted and walks up to Lightning, who is stretching his arms and legs.

"So, Lightning, you know that school musical thing?" Harrison said.

"Yeah?" Lightning said.

"Is it true that you can get extra credit just for auditioning?" Harrison asked.

"Don't know, who cares?" Lightning said.

"You know it's always good to get extra credit, right?" Harrison said.

"Do you think that Lebronie James or Shaquille O'Night auditioned for their school musical?" Lightning asked.

"Um... maybe?" Harrison said, unsure.

"Harrison, look, the music in those shows has nothing to do with hip hop, or EDM, or rock, or anything that's essential to culture." Lightning said. "It's just show music. You have to wear costumes and makeup... Oh, dude, it's not awesome."

"Well, I just thought it would be a good laugh." Harrison said. "Potion's kinda cute, too."

"So is a lion living in a mountain." Lightning said, as he takes the ball from Harrison. "But you don't pet it."

Harrison sighs.

"Come on, Duramy." Duramy said to himself, trying to stay focused. "Get your head in the game. Get your head in the game!"

"Duramy! Great self-motivation, I love that!" Harrison said.

"Always gotta impress the crowds, Harrison." Duramy said.

Metalscar chuckles. "Says who?" He asked.

"Says me!" Duramy said, and he gets up from the grandstand, walking up to Metalscar. "Hey, Metalscar, I mean it!"

"Yeah, just saying that I'm on your side, man." Metalscar said, as he pats Duramy.

"All right, Wildponies! Pair up!" Harrison calls out. "Practice is a go! Come on!"

The Wildponies pair up and they begin practice. They make incredible shots and hustles. After a successful session, the Wildponies throw their basketballs up in the air together and leave the gym.

"WHAT TEAM!?" Eddie said.

"WILDPONIES!"

"WHAT TEAM!?"

"WILDPONIES!!"

"WHAT TEAM!?"

"WILDPONIES!!!"

"WILDPONIES!" Eddie said.

"GET'CHA HEAD IN THE GAME!!"

Harrison throws his basketball through the hoop and leaves the gym.


In Twilight's science class, she and the other ponies are working on their assignments.

"So, it seemed like you met Harrison Sparrow before." Potion said to Twilight.

"No, not really, he was just giving me a little tour of the school." Twilight said.

Potion laughs. "Well, I guess he doesn't interact with new students here." She said.

Twilight is just looking at the chalkboard. "Uh, why not?" She asked.

"Because he does basketball, non-stop, apparently." Potion said.

"That's not right. Should be 16 over pi..." Twilight said softly.

"Is there something wrong, Miss Sparkle?" The science teacher asked.

"Oh, uh, yes, there is." Twilight said. "Shouldn't the second equation read 16 over pi? I think you've written it down wrong."

Potion rolls her eyes.

"Have I?" The science teacher asked, as she goes on her calculator. "16 over pi... Ah, of course. My mistake." She corrects the equation on the chalkboard. "Thank you. And welcome aboard."

Potion feels offended.


Harrison stops at the sign-up sheet and eyes it for a few seconds before moving on. Wally sees this as Potion approaches him.

"Newsflash, sis. Harrison Sparrow was looking at the audition list again." Wally said.

"Are you serious?" Potion said. "He was hanging around with that new purple pony, and FYI, they were both looking at it. There's something bizarre about her. I wonder where she is from?"

Wally stares at the list, but Potion scoffs and struts off to the library with Wally following her. They do a search on the internet and see an article about Twilight.

"Wow! The Princess of Friendship." Wally said. "So why do you think she likes to take part in the musical?"

"I'm not sure if she wants to, but we shouldn't be concerned about non-professionals like her." Potion said. "But I have to say, there ain't no harm in seeing that Twilight's welcome to activities in this school that are... suitable for her. After all... she loves pi."

"Like, a cherry pie?" Wally asked.

Potion blows a raspberry. "No." She said, as she prints out Twilight's article and takes it.