• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 865 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Pony: The School Musical - Harrison Sparrow



Twilight Sparkle meets another alicorn named Harrison Sparrow, where they audition for the winter musicale at Canterlot High.

  • ...
 33
 865

11. The Great Mane Plan

The next day, in the school's library, Lightning and Metalscar confront Harrison about his singing.

"I don't get it, what spell has this friendship princess cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in a boring musical that doesn't do anything with rock music?" Metalscar asked.

"Metalscar, I just did it. Who cares?" Harrison said.

"'Who cares'?!" Metalscar said, and he scoffs. "Dude, I do care!"

Lightning stops Harrison. "How about me? Your most loyal best friend?" He said.

"Quiet in here, boys!" Miss Flower said.

"It's him, Miss Flower, not us." Lightning said, feigning innocence.

"Lightning!" Harrison said annoyingly.

Miss Flower moves on.

"Look, Harrison..." Lightning said, and he spins a basketball on his hoof. "You're a hoops dude, not a musical singer pony!" He gives the ball to Harrison, who sighs, and tosses it right back to Metalscar. Metalscar throws the ball back to him. "Have you ever seen Milky Crawford on a cereal box before?"

"Don't know, who is he?" Harrison asked.

"Exactly my point!" Lightning said, and he puts the ball on the desk. "He was the 'Phantom of the Opera' on Broadway. Now, my mom has seen that musical twenty-eight times, and she also put Milky Crawford's picture in our refrigerator. Yeah, not on it, in it. So what I'm saying is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on a cereal box."

"Or if you sing in musicals, you're gonna end up in his mom's refrigerator." Metalscar said, and Lightning nods.

"Why would she put his picture in her refrigerator?" Harrison asked.

"One of her crazy diet ideas." Lightning said. "Look, I-I don't attempt to understand the female mind, Harrison!" Miss Flower appears again. "It's a spooky territory." Harrison sits down at a table, and Lightning puts his ball on top of it. "How can you expect the rest of us to be focused on a game, if you're off somewhere in leotards singing 'Twinkle Town'?"

"No one said anything about leotards, Lightning." Harrison said.

"Not yet, my friend, but just you wait." Lightning said.

"Listen, we need you, man." Metalscar said, and he grabs Harrison's hoof. "We need our captain. Big time!"

"Mr. Metalscar..." Miss Flower said.

Metalscar puts his hooves up. "I tried to tell him, ma'am." He said. "Really tried."


The Great Six minus Harrison march into the science classroom and walk up to the Mane Six minus Twilight, as Potion and Wally observe.

"Something's not right here." Potion said, as she and Wally move closer to get a better view.

"Hey, it's Harrison Sparrow's Great Six buddies!" Rainbow said.

"Ah, my lovely carrot cake!" Wheelburn said to Applejack, who giggles. "Howdy, Applejack."

"Howdy, Wheelburn." Applejack said. "What are you guys doin' in here?"

"Hiya, Eddie!" Pinkie said. "Is Harrison taking you and your team all the way to the stars?"

"Well… about that, Pinkie. We..." Eddie said.

"We need to talk, it's very serious." Duramy said.

"What is it?" Rarity asked.

"Harrison and Twilight..." Lightning said.

Potion and Wally see them talking, though they can't hear them.

"I think they're trying to find a way to make sure Harrison and Twilight actually beat us out." Wally said. "Okay, the jocks rule most of the school, but they will also conquer the entire student body if they get Harrison into the musical."

"And the scholastic club will go from drool to cool, if those science girls get Twilight hooked up with Harrison Sparrow." Potion said. "Wally, we need to save our show from ponies who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and… Tony Ramo." She said loathingly, and she and Wally walk away.

Rainbow gasps. "I knew it!" She said furiously.

"Twilight's letting us down!" Fluttershy said, and she suddenly screams. "TWILIGHT'S LETTING US DOWN!!!"

Metalscar is surprised by her scream. "WHOA! That was a real scream, babe!" He said.

"Sorry, I'm usually the quiet one." Fluttershy said normally.

"Without our captain, we're gonna lose the big game this week!" Eddie said. "We'll be French toast!"

"'French toast'?" Pinkie said. "Yummy! But now's not the time!"

"And without Twilight, we'll lose the decathlon competition, too!" Rarity said, and he hugs Duramy. "Oh, please save me, Duramy darling! PLEASE!" She weeps.

"Hey, take it easy, Rarity!" Duramy said. "Take it easy."

"Oh, what are we gonna do!?" Pinkie asked with worry.

"Right, here's the plan..." Lightning said.

Many minutes later...

"Do you guys really think that's gonna work?" Rainbow asked.

"We hope so, it's the only way to save Harrison and Twilight from themselves." Lightning said. "So we all on?"

"Yeah!" Rainbow said.

"Count me in!" Rarity said.

"We're with you guys on this!" Applejack said.

"Challenge accepted! We're going to SAVE THE DAY!" Pinkie said.

"Good, so we start tomorrow then." Lightning said.

"Okay, the first thing." Fluttershy said.

"All right, the first thing." Wheelburn said.