• Published 27th Nov 2020
  • 378 Views, 20 Comments

Applejack's Love Bug - Applefai



Applejack finds a mysterious pony in her barn and invites him in

  • ...
2
 20
 378

New Bonds and Fall Outs

Pix slept soundly and awoke the next morning with the help of his alarm clock, he meets Applejack outside in the hall as she got ready for work as well. She put on her hat and greets Pix with a friendly smile.

“Mornin’, sugarcube. How did ya sleep last night?” she asked as she walked with him downstairs.

“I slept good.” Pix responded,helping Applejack get some cooking equipment.

“That’s good, sugarcube, I’m glad you did.” Applejack replied as she began to mix pancake batter.

Pix helped her make the breakfast by frying some eggs and hay bacon strips, carefully monitoring the food to make sure that it doesn’t burn .

Once all the Apple family had awakened they sat down around the square table in the kitchen and ate their breakfast, Pix felt safe and secure seeing that none of the ponies around him bore him any ill will.

After breakfast, Applejack and Pix went out into the field and started doing their chores. They fed the hogs and gathered the eggs, even milked the cows before starting on bucking the apples.

The two of them worked until the sun set, after placing the last basket into the barn, the two of them decided to go into town.

Before going, Pix Sprite put on his disguise form and joined her in going to the market. There they bought more seeds and animal feed, along with some food for the house to be delivered. After a small bit of shopping the two went over to sugarcube corner where Pinkie greeted them.

“Hello, I’m assuming you want the usual, Applejack?” Pinkie asked, bringing out a slice of apple pie,

“Ya know me well, Pinkie.” Applejack said as she paid for the treat.

“And what would you like, Pix?” Pinkie asked the now outed changeling, not bothering to ask why he’s hiding but still friendly towards him.

“I’d like the apple crisp please.” Pix said as Pinkie brought out the crumbly dessert.

Pix paid for his treat and sat at a table with Applejack. The two of them ate their dessert and talked about current events and even more about changeling culture.

All goes well until they prepare to leave and see Scootaloo falling from hitting a bump in the road with her scooter. Not wanting her to get hurt Pix Sprite rushed in to catch her.

“Are you ok, little one.” he asked as he put Scootaloo down on the ground.

Shaking off her shock, Scootaloo smiled and looked up. “Yeah, thanks for the help. Scootaloo said as she retrieved her Scooter.

“You’re welcome, I know you have on a helmet, but you can’t be too careful.” Pix said, causing Scootaloo to smile. As Scootaloo rolled away, Rainbow showed, up.

“I told you to stay away from her.” Rainbow said angrily as she stared daggers into Pix.

“I-I only meant to stop her from crashing.” the incognito changeling said as he stumbled over his words.

“It doesn’t matter, she knows you’re a changeling as well as everypony else who saw it, you may have them fooled, but you’re only trying to get our trust just so you can backstab us.” Rainbow said, getting closer to Pix’s face.

“RAINBOW THAT’S ENOUGH!” the orange mare yelled at her friend before turning to Pix. “Pix, go on to the house and I’ll see you there. Applejack said.

Following her instructions, Pix left for home and Applejack turned her attention to Rainbow. “What in tarnation is yer problem, he only helped is that such a crime?” Applejack asked as Rainbow was still fuming.

“Don’t you get it Applejack, he’s trying to get on our good side so he can turn us over to Chrysalis.” the rainbow maned pegasus said while hovering.

“NO HE’S NOT” Applejack said angrily through gritted teeth.

“OPEN OUR EYES, AJ!” Rainbow yelled before continuing. “Why are you defending that larva, he’s only going to betray you.” Rainbow said as Applejack looked on in anger, before bucking her friend in the gut knocking all the air out of her.

“Don’t you DARE call him that around me again, I LOVE him and if you can’t accept that, then I think this is where our friendship ends.” Applejack said as she walked away.

“C’mon, You really don’t mean that, AJ.” Rainbow said, shocked, but calling her friend’s bluff.

“I do Rainbow Dash, I don’t want you coming around the farm anymore for visits, you may come during cider season, but now for you it’s full price,” Applejack said as she walked off, leaving Rainbow alone.

When Applejack got back to Sweet Apple Acres, she saw Pix Sprite helping Granny Smith with the cooking, smiling to herself she too lended a helping hoof. When Applejack and Pix had a moment alone Pix noticed that his marefriend’s eyes were puffy. “Hey, are you ok?” the concerned changeling asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” the farm pony tried to say, but Pix could tell something was up.

“Applejack, if there’s anything I can do to help I will.” the changeling said. Applejack let out a small smile.

“I know you will, but there’s nothing you can do. I just had to break a friendship today.” Applejack said, causing Pix’s ears to droop.

“Did I cause it?” Pix asked, feeling bad while Applejack looked at him and caressed his face in her hoof.

“No you didn’t, sugarcube, you did not cause it, it’s Rainbow.” Applejack said as she kissed Pix. “Don’t go blaming yourself now, it’s Rainbow and her feelings, I love you and if that means losing a few friends, I’m ok with that, because I know you won’t betray me and I’ll always defend you.” Applejack said, causing Pix to smile.

“Thank you.” Pix replied before he started glowing, his black body disappeared as a green one took its place, his eyes remained blue as he got a purple mane and wings. After the transformation Applejack was stunned.

“Pix, you look majestic.” Applejack said as she nuzzled up to him.

“T-hank you, but I don’t know how it happened, Pix said as they wrapped up making dinner.

The rest of the night was filled with excitement, they all talked about Pix’s new look and wondered on how it happened.

After dinner, Applejack and Pix went to bed, their bellies full and eyes heavy. “Today was an eventful day.” Applejack said as Pix nodded.

“I’m just sorry you lost a friend.” Pix said before Applejack placed a hoof on his mouth.

“I told you not to worry about that. Anyway, you should get some sleep. Good night.” Applejack said before kissing Pix Sprite good night and retreating to her room.