• Published 27th Nov 2020
  • 377 Views, 20 Comments

Applejack's Love Bug - Applefai



Applejack finds a mysterious pony in her barn and invites him in

  • ...
2
 20
 377

A new farm hoof

Applejack brought Pix Sprite up to her room after she had settled bandages and medicine on his cuts and bruises, upon entering the room she grasped some spare blankets for herself from out of her closet and gets ready to leave, "please sugarcube, take my room fer the night until we figure out where you can sleep permanently." Applejack said about to exit.

"Are you sure, mis-, I mean Applejack?" Pix Sprite said almost going back into his formal way of speaking for a split second. "I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable."

Applejack smiled and snickered a bit before speaking, "please sugarcube. I insist, I can't make you sleep on the couch, you are a guest in our home, it's the least I can do." Applejack said, closing the door behind her after telling Pix Sprite goodnight.

Pix Sprite wept a mixture of tears of joy and sadness to have genuine kindness as he made his way to the bed and got under the covers, he wept even more as he sank down into the soft mattress and was enveloped in the warm embrace of the blanket, something he never had in his old home.

The rain beat down on the house roof luring him into a sound sleep, the warmth of the blanket and having good food especially helped in him falling asleep fast.

The next morning Applejack woke up early and made her way upstairs to quietly open the door to her bedroom, she made her way over to her bed where Pix Sprite was sleeping and gently shook him, "Pix Sprite, wake up sugarcube."

Pix Sprite woke up in a groggy state, "huh, what time is it?" Pix Sprite asked as he let out a yawn, his eyes a little puffy from crying last night.

"It's five o'clock, time to get to work." Applejack said as she put the blankets she had used back in her closet. "Come on, the quicker we get done, the quicker we can get some breakfast." the farm pony said as she left the room and went out into the orchard.

Pix Sprite crawled out of the bed, making it up to how it looked before he laid down and left the room and rendezvoused with Applejack in the orchard as she waited for him.

"Alright sugarcube, we need to buck the ripe apples and store them in the barn, we'll be selling them tomorrow, we also need to milk the cows, feed the hogs, and feed the chickens and gather their eggs." Applejack said and listed off the routine for the day. Pix Sprite let out a small yawn while nodding in agreement.

"What would you like me to do first?" Pix Sprite asked eagerly, willing to lend a hoof after the kindness she had given him last night.

"Well, you can choose what you want to do first, it doesn't need to be in a particular order." the orange farm pony said as she started bucking trees, the apples falling perfectly in the baskets surrounding the trunk of the tree. Pix Sprite smiled as he approached a tree with baskets around the trunk indicating that it was ripe for bucking. Following Applejack's example, he hiked his back legs and put all of his energy into a powerful buck.

Upon bucking the tree, the fruit bearer shook slightly as a single apple fell and landed in one of the wicker baskets below. Upon seeing this Pix Sprite blushed feeling a little embarrassed that, that's all he could muster.

Applejack giggled a bit and went up and put a hoof around him. "Don't be embarrassed, sugarcube, ya did great." She said as she went back to bucking.

"But I only got one apple down." Pix Sprite said as he watched Applejack masterfully buck the trees causing all the apples to experience Newton's observation.

Applejack looked at Pix Sprite with a simple smile, "that's ok, you ain't gonna master the art of bucking in a day, besides I also only managed to buck down a single apple my first try as a young'un." She sheepishly admitted, but with a fond smile on her face.

This lifted Pix Sprite's spirits as he tried again, managing to get better and better as he and Applejack bucked trees together until they filled all the wicker baskets that were adorned around the ripe fruit trees' trunks.

Pix Sprite and Applejack leaned up against a tree as they caught their breath before attempting to move the baskets into the barn, and after a short break, they loaded up the cart and hauled the harvest into the barn, ready to sell them in the market tomorrow.

The rest of the chores were a breeze, Applejack helped Pix Sprite milk the cows after he admitted he didn't know how, when he went to gather the eggs the chickens chased after him causing him to run and scream, Applejack laughed at the sight causing him to blush and laugh a bit while she showed him that he can distract them with corn so he can gather the eggs, the easiest job was feeding the hogs which all he had to do was dump the slop bucket in the trough.

They finished the chores and finally were able to enjoy breakfast which consisted of eggs, toast, hash browns, pancakes, and coffee. The rest of the family had been busy taking care of stuff in the house and outside like cooking and cleaning. Granny Smith was cooking the banquet on the stove while Applefai was setting the table for five seeing they have a guest, Big Mac was just coming in from plowing the fields as Apple Bloom came in from placing last night's and this morning's harvest into crates.

"Well, howdy there boy." Applefai addressed Pix Sprite as he finished setting the table, "I must thank ya fer helping out around the farm." Applefai said as he gently patted him on the shoulder.

"T-thank you, sir." Pix Sprite said nervously at how calm he is with a stranger in the house.

"Alright, everypony, park yer caboose. Soups on." Granny Smith said as she prepared the plates, Applefai lending a helping hoof in preparing the plates.

Once everypony has gotten their plates they sit at the table as Granny begins saying grace, Pix Sprite joins in, knowing of what it is, after the elderly pony finished, they begin to eat.

As they ate, Pix Sprite was tearing up at how good this food is, the hash browns were crisp and chewy as they exploded with a salty flavor in his mouth, the syrup from the pancakes trickled down the side of the short stack as Pix Sprite cut off a bite. The coffee was bitter but had a pleasing aroma as Pix Sprite took a sip giving him a warm, toasty feeling, the eggs were cooked sunny side up and as Pix Sprite gently poked the yoke with a fork, the yoke burst running a bright yellow as Pix Sprite used the toast to soak it up.

They ate silently for the most part, it was not an uneasy feeling, but just enjoying each other's company. Pix Sprite was the last to finish just after Applejack. Using the paper towel given to him he wiped his mouth before speaking. "Thank you for the wonderful meal, please allow me to clean the dishes." Pix Sprite said as he got up to gather everypony's plate and started washing them.

"Your new friend is awfully polite, Applejack." Granny Smith said as she thanked Pix Sprite as he washed the dishes. "Was he the one you told us about?" Granny asked as she sat in her rocker.

"Yes, granny." Applejack said as she sat on the adjacent couch. "I was wonderin', do we have a spare room we could give him, he doesn't have anywhere to go." Applejack asked.

"Hmmmm." Granny Smith put her hoof to her chin as she closed one eye trying to think, "we could put him in yer patents' old room." Granny Smith suggested.

"That could work, I'll admit I feel a little guilty about doing it, but it's to help a fellow pony, I think they'll like that." Applejack said as she went to get the key to the room.

"That's a mighty fine way of looking at it young'un. They'll always be watching over us." the old mare said as she fell asleep in her chair.

Pix Sprite finished the dishes and put them in the rack to dry, Applejack then came into the kitchen. "Thank ya for doing the dishes, you really made mah granny's day." Applejack said as she admired his work.

"Oh, follow me." Applejack said as she led Pix Sprite up the flight of stairs. "We found a place for ya to stay, it's mah parents' room." Applejack said as she stopped at the door.

"Oh, uh thank you, but won't they need it?" Pix Sprite asked, not knowing the situation.

"Nah, it's ok." Applejack said as her ears dropped a little, "they're...no longer with us." Applejack said as she paused for a bit.

Pix Sprite's ears drooped, feeling like he overstepped a bit, "oh, i-i'm sorry, I didn't know." Pix Sprite said going in to hug the orange apple pony.

Applejack accepted the hug with a warm smile, "it's ok sugarcube, you don't have to apologize, you didn't know." Applejack said as she unlocked the door, "feel free to ask me anything about mah family, I'll gladly tell you whatever you want to know." Applejack said as she left to let Pix Sprite get comfortable.