• Published 27th Nov 2020
  • 378 Views, 20 Comments

Applejack's Love Bug - Applefai



Applejack finds a mysterious pony in her barn and invites him in

  • ...
2
 20
 378

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Applejack and Pix Sprite neared the kitchen, the aroma of dinner wafted through the air as the smell of cheddar cheese broccoli and potato soup and cornbread filled the corridor. The orange mare went in first to see Granny Smith slaving over a hot stove while Apple Bloom and Big Mac helped set the table.

The elder pony turned around and saw her granddaughter, leaving the pot, she beckoned Applefai to take her place and stir the pot and told him to add a bit of cream cheese to the soup before she went over to Applejack and hugged her. "I heard ya went to check on Pix today sugar booger, how is he?" Granny asked while she hugged her eldest granddaughter.

Applejack embraced the hug and smiled. "He's gonna be ok, he actually came home today." The orange farm pony said with a smile.

"That's great, so where is he?" Granny asked as she scanned the house for him.

"He's right behind me, but he does have something to tell y'all, just please don't freak out." Applejack said, motioning for the stallion to come on in.

Pix walked into the kitchen as Granny Smith's, Big Mac's, and Apple Bloom's eyes widened. They gawked at him for a few minutes before Granny Smith spoke. "So, yer a changeling?"

"I am, I'm also deeply sorry for hiding it from you, I was afraid, and after the attack on Canterlot I was even more scared." The changeling replied as he hung his head a bit. "But I don't intend to hurt anypony, I want to share love, not take it."

He continued looking down. "I came here because my brothers helped me escape. I ran into your barn during a rainstorm for shelter, that's where Applejack found me, I'm so sorry if I hid this from you all." He continued as he hung his head low.

The elder approached him and put a hoof under his chin to meet her gaze. "It's alright, sugar. We understand, and you're welcome to stay, I'm sure you have nowhere else to go and we can't in good conscience kick you out into the street." Granny said, causing the changeling to tear up.

"Thanks Miss Smith." Pix said as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Ah, you can call me by my name, you're like family now." She said as she sat down in her chair. Applefai served the family, dishing out bowls of soup and led the family in a prayer. Seeing this, Pix Sprite joined in by bowing his head and closing his eyes.

After the prayer the Apple family began to eat silently until a curious voice broke the silence.

"So you really are a changelin'?" Apple Bloom asked while she sat on Pix Sprite's left.

"I am." Pix Sprite said as he ate.

"That's so cool, so what's it like? What do changelings eat besides love? Does it hurt to transform? Do you love my sister?" she asked a torrent of questions, Pix Sprite and Applejack blushing on the last one.

"Apple Bloom!" Applejack exclaimed, blushing bright red. That last one is none of yer business, but the other ones you can't just ask willy nilly." The orange pony said as she ate.

"It's ok, Applejack, she's just curious." The stallion said as he ruffled the young apple farmer's hair. "Being a changeling is really no different, we work, just as ponies do, but have a buggy fairy-like appearance, we do eat other things besides love, like honeysuckle. It doesn't hurt when we transform. And as your sister said, the last one isn't your business." Pix answered her questions kindly and gently as he ate.

After dinner Pix Sprite did the dishes as Applejack helped. "You know you didn't have to join us in grace right?" Applejack asked, while Pix Sprite scrubbed the dishes and handed them to her to dry them.

"It's ok, I'm a believer too, God helped me when I was down, he still is." He replies as he scrubs the last dish.

"That he is, I'm sorry if Apple Bloom overwhelmed you with the questions." Applejack said as she dried the dish and put it on the rack.

"It's ok, she's just curious, a fine quality to have." Pix said while he dried his hooves.

Pix Sprite then goes to his room with Applejack coming in after him.

"If you don't mind, I have a few questions for ya." She said blushing as she twiddled her hooves.

"Ask away, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability." he replied calmly, sitting down on the bed.

"Does it hurt the ponies you steal love from?" Applejack asked, joining Pix Sprite on the bed in idle conversation.

"It can." Pix Sprite said as he scooted over to make room for Applejack before continuing. "It'll hurt them if it's forcibly done, that's why we disguise ourselves as the pony you love." Pix finished.

"Does it….kill the pony or creature you take love from?" she then asked with a little hesitation.

"No, it only weakens them. They would slowly regain strength within a few weeks." The changeling answered without falter.

Applejack looked up at Pix Sprite. "Do you remember Trixie?"

"That magician that was boastful, yeah what about her?" Pix furrowed his brow.

"If she comes back do you think you could feed on her love to make her weak, just so she can learn a lesson?" Applejack asked. "Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot or making you uncomfortable."

Pix Sprite giggled. "It's ok, but no I won't do that, not just because I don't want to steal it, it's because self-love like that tastes horrible." Pix said, causing Applejack to laugh.

"How'd you find that out, sugarcube and what does it taste like?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Self-love tastes like bruises on fruits or those brown spots on bananas. I learned that because when I was starving, Chrysalis force-fed me some of her love so I would survive." Pix Sprite said as he laughed, but then went silent remembering the torture Chrysalis put him through.

"Oh, I know what you mean, yeah those things ruin the fruit." Applejack said, knowing what Pix Sprite meant. "If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal with you and Chrysalis?" Applejack asked.

Pix took a deep breath before speaking. "I was supposed to marry her, despite my timidity I'm the most likely candidate to replace her if she died, but also the one with the most potential to be her mate. But I didn't want to marry her, I didn't love her, so when I refused, I was imprisoned and tortured until I complied. My brothers Thorax and Pharynx helped me escape and they stayed behind so that she wouldn't look for me, I guess it worked for awhile."

"I'm sorry all that happened to you." Applejack said as she got up. Before she left, she turned to Pix Sprite. "I have one more question, well actually two."

Pix Sprite nodded. "What are they?" He asked as she took a breath.

"How do you know that the ponies will only be weak?" She asked.

"Oh, I learned that from observation, and Chrysalis told me. She would often bring a pony to try to get me to eat, but when I refused she did it herself. After she had drunk the love, she teleported them back home without any memory of her." Pix answered.

"But what if she was lying to you?" Applejack asked.

"She has no reason to, if she were to kill the source, we'd soon run out of food." The changeling replied.

Applejack nodded in understanding. "Good point. Now the second question? Isn't Chrysalis the mother of all changelings?"

"Actually no, one would assume, but we do have separate parents, my brothers and I hatched and then at the age of five we were taken by the queen to start training. Which I did take part in, but only to learn self-defense." Pix answered.

"Ah, I see. Well good night Pix, see you in the morning." The orange farm pony said as she headed for the door.

"There is one good thing that came out of it though." Pix said while Applejack was about to leave.

"What's that sugarcube?" Applejack asked before she left.

"If none of that happened, I would have never met you." Pix said sheepishly as Applejack blushed.

"Hehe, we should get some sleep, big day tomorrow, see you in the morning, my very special somepony." Applejack said as Pix blushed and said goodnight back.

Laying in bed Pix Sprite smiled as his heart beat rapidly, he fell asleep soundly and succumbed to a dream.