• Published 27th Nov 2020
  • 379 Views, 20 Comments

Applejack's Love Bug - Applefai



Applejack finds a mysterious pony in her barn and invites him in

  • ...
2
 20
 379

Confessions And Revelations

Author's Note:

This chapter is a bit shorter, but hopefully I can do 1k in the next one

The walk to Sweet Apple Acres was one of silence, Applejack could sense the tenseness in Pix, so she figured any questions she may have would be better to ask for later. When they arrived back at the farm, the sun had begun to set, entering dusk. The sky was painted in a variety of yellow, orange, and red. A dead silence rang through the orchard as the chores had already been done.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't help ya out with the chores, Applejack." Pix Sprite said as they neared home.

Hearing the ya, Applejack smirked. "Sounds like you're getting the southern drawl there, Pix."

"I-I guess you're rubbin' off on me." Pix said blushing redder than the apples in the trees.

"Hehe, it's cute. "And it's ok that you weren't here to help, sugarcube. Ya were out cold. It's understandable." The farm pony said as she approached the door.

"Applejack, wait." Pix Sprite said as she started to open the door.

"Yes sugarcube, what is it?"

The changeling looked down at his hooves, "I remembered what you said at Twilight's, you said you loved me."

The farm mare blushed as she heard him bring it up, "y-yeah, I do. But why do you bring that up now?" She asked.

"Because, I love you too, when we worked together, a nice warm feeling washes over me. That's why I wanted to leave, I thought it would keep you safer." Pix answered, opening up his feelings for her.

Tears welled up in the orange mare's eyes. She embraced the bug stallion.

"Sugarcube, I love ya too. I love you so much that if I was in danger of being around you, I'd gladly stick by your side." Applejack said as he kissed his cheek causing him to blush.

"R-really?" Pix asked as he blushed red as an apple.

"Really sugarcube, just remember just because you're a changeling doesn't mean you have to do what the rest do, you're the master of your own destiny." Applejack reassured him as she opened the door.

"Thanks, Applejack." Pix said and followed her to the entrance.

Once inside, Pix Sprite went upstairs to clean up for dinner, running into Applefai along the way. "Well howdy there pardner, ya sure gave us a scare."

The stallion greeted him in the hall with a tip of his hat.

"S-sorry, Applefai" the changeling said as he stopped to talk to him.

"Ah, it's alright, I'm just glad yer alright, fer your sake and Applejack's I can tell she fancies ya, and that you fancy her" Applefai replied as he patted Pix on the shoulder.

"T-thank you, Applefai. And how did you know?" The farmhand asked curiously as to how he knew. He continued to the bathroom and reached for the doorknob.

"Ah, it's just intuition, I have a gift for sensing these things, also I don't blame ya fer hiding yer true form." Applefai said, causing Pix to freeze in his tracks. "If yer wonderin' how long I knew, I always knew from the moment I saw ya, but I could tell that there was no malice in yer heart, I haven't told the others, I'll leave that to you."

This one answered before Pix could ask a question as he descended downstairs and helped with the cooking.

Pix washed up for dinner in the bathroom, while he looked in the mirror in front of the sink, he saw the orange farm mare standing behind him. "I saw you and Applefai talkin'." The orange pony said as she came in. "I'm guessin' he told ya he already knew." she giggled to herself

"I don't know how he does it, but we all have some gift." she said as she looked at Pix, his blue eyes were dilated with fear and anxiety, but also filled with calmness as he looked into her green eyes. He soon closed his eyes and surrounded himself in a flash of green as he dropped his disguise.

"Yeah, he did and I think I want to meet the family like this." Pix said as he turned off the sink.

"If that's what ya want, sugar cube" Applejack replied. She brushed her lips against his cheek and went downstairs. Pix took a deep breath and followed her.