• Published 8th Oct 2020
  • 2,509 Views, 43 Comments

Take Me All The Way - 0PinkamenaDianePie0

  • ...
3
 43
 2,509

¹𝕀 π•Žπ•šπ•π• 𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒π•ͺ𝕀 ℙ𝕣𝕠π•₯𝕖𝕔π•₯ 𝕐𝕠𝕦

Author's Note:

HI, so I havent written a book in over a year and haven't published on FimFiction since 2017 so if the chapters have some mistakes, I apologise in advance. I feel like I need to address a few things before you all go and read and (hopefully) enjoy the book:

1) one continuous theme within the story will be Rainbow Dash's family relations. Mostly, Fleetfoot and her being related. It's ones of my favourite headcanon and I have the most minimum evidence behind it, I'm so sorry lmao.
2) Soarin and High Winds (unless stated otherwise in the authors note) are also related. I absolutely refuse to believe the fact that they aren't. If you look at pictures of them, they look near identical it's insane.
3) The Mane Six will play a fairly big role in this book, but the book will primarily be based around the Wonderbolts since Soarin and Dash are the main characters :)
4) This is a one-shot book, in case anyone missed it in the story description. So not all the chapters will be related to one another unless they have a "part 1", "part 2" etc on the title.
5) This book will be humanised soarindash but not the EQG version (pegasi will have wings, earth ponies will have increased strength and unicorns will have the ability to do magic) all the stories will be canon up until season 8 because season 9 was straight up fucking pure shit ass trump looking ass trash and we just don't acknowledge its existence in this house, okay? :) eqg also won't be canon due to the fact that i'm just not a huge fan of eqg uno and if I wrote eqg it would mean that I would have to probably write sci-twi and I hatteeeee that bitch with a fucking passion.

anyways, that is enough of my rant. Enjoy the book.

"Sure Pinkie, I'll be there." Rainbow Dash expressed as she closed the massive door to her mansion and gleamed at the cotton candy haired girl through the video call who in return gave her a huge grin.

"Yaaayy, I can't wait to see you there Dashie." Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she bounced up and down the kitchen at sugar cube corner. Rainbow Dash scarcely chuckled at her friend's enthusiasm before bidding her goodbye as she left for work.

Rainbow Dash was the newest member of the Wonderbolts. A dream which she finally achieved after years of hard work, devotion and dedication. She placed her phone in her coat pocket and made sure her duffle bag was resting comfortably on her shoulder. She placed her Element of Harmony on her neck and put a scarf over it to keep her neck warm. Princess Twilight, or "princess egghead" as Rainbow Dash would like to put it; had contended that the girls keep their elements on at all times when they were in public just in case there was an emergency which required the ancient artefact's powers.

She spread her wings and soared through the skies towards Cloudsdale.

Rainbow Dash let out a most silent, subtle, shiver as she flew above the clouds, the autumn breeze flew past her and gave her goosebumps. Dash fixed her ponytail and made sure her earmuffs were covering every inch of her ears to protect them from the icy cold breeze which continued to nip at her nose tip. She placed her hand in her double-breasted coat's pocket only to find out she had left her gloves at home and quietly cursed at herself for forgetting them during a cold and misty morning like this one. Although she was glad her coat had artificial faux fur on the interior of it to help her maintain body heat.

The sun had just started to rise, the sky had contained a mixture of different hues as the sun began it's a journey across the bright gradient yet slightly cloudy sky. Due to how early it was in the morning, around seven am, there wasn't much noise or activity to be seen and heard in the colossal city of Cloudsdale. Which Rainbow Dash was just minutes away from as she flew within the outskirts of the famous floating city. The sky had an ominous brittle silence, she could see the mist exit from her mouth as she exhaled. Her nose so red Rudolph would probably be eyeing her in envy in order to learn her secrets.

Rainbow Dash smiled as she saw the expensive and modern building ahead of her. The alluring pull the building had to its appearance, the huge Wonderbolt logo lighting up and illuminating a portion of the runway. The building itself was evocative, bringing back many memories Dash had.

The Wonderbolts.

How funny is it that 11 months ago she was their biggest fan? Dreaming, hoping and praying that one day she would fly beside her hero's. Now she's been flying with them for almost a year, now she had little boys and girls who looked up to her and now she was a hero to some. Thinking about how far she had come in life did make her emotional, far more many times than she would like to admit. But hey she was still a human-pony hybrid like everyone else, who had emotions. Deal with it. Not that she would ever let anybody know, of course.

"Fuck this weather." She mumbled under her breathe as another gust of wind flew past her.

Dash increased her speed and headed towards the runway where she saw some of her Wonderbolt friends chatting away, waiting for their captain.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Hey Crash." Fleetfoot greeted with a smiled and waved at her best friend slowly gliding down towards the runway after showing the guards her Wonderbolt ID to let her through the front gate.

"What's up, Fleet?" Dash responded a small smile etched on her face as she and Fleetfoot embraced.

"Eh, the usual boring morning bullshit."

Dash suddenly felt a weight on her right shoulder and turned her head to see Misty Fly half asleep on her shoulder she looked at Fleetfoot before the two burst out laughing. Mornings were never for Misty Fly.

"Yo Misty! Wakey wakey." Fleetfoot exclaimed as she clapped her hands twice in front of her face.

"buh...huh what?" She gave a half-assed response.

"You fell asleep on my shoulder again," Dash said, as she and Fleetfoot slightly chuckled.

Rainbow Dash then saw Lightning Streak approaching with his brother, Fire Streak. She smiled and waved at them, a gesture which they both gladly returned. Fire Streak gave her a fist bump before giving Misty Fly a brief kiss on her lips.

Fire glanced at Misty, "You don't look very awake considering the fact that you dunked your face in cold water for ten minutes." He said, clearly amused at his fiancΓ©'s lack of effort to even stand without losing her balance, more or less stay awake.

"HEEEYYY HOW ARE MY BESTIES DOING THIS WONDERFUL MORNING!!? Surprise suddenly appeared out of nowhere while eating a full cream cake and hugged Dash and Misty from behind.

"It's negative five degrees Celsius Surprise, how in Equestria is that a 'good morning'?" Rainbow Dash rhetorically asked.

"I don't think Surprise is capable of experiencing any other emotion besides happiness," Fleetfoot stated as Surprise bounced away to greet the guys.

Misty Fly furrowed her brow, "fuck this, I need more coffee. Come with me to the mess hall." She didn't even let Fire respond as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him along. Not that he had a choice anyway.

A few minutes later and everyone was outside, suited up with goggles dangling around their necks whilst Spitfire glanced at the clipboard and quickly skimmed through the flight formations for the day. The Wonderbolts were due to leave for an Equestrian tour soon and so the routine needed to be perfectly memorised and synchronised.

"Good morning Dash." A male voice greeted her with a soft tone. Rainbow Dash turned around to see Soarin smiling tenderly down at her.

"Soarin!? Awake!? On-time!? Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Rainbow Dash dramatically gasped and she placed her hands on his shoulders and shook him. Soarin rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Now am I always awake late, or do you just arrive to work late?" He stated as he gave Dash her coffee and rested his thumb and index finger on his chin as if thinking. Rainbow Dash shook her head as she took her coffee from his hand and took a sip.

"Ass." She quietly laughed.

"SOARIN! COME HERE!" Spitfire yelled, making Soarin flinch.

"For Celestia's sake Spitfire, tone it down, I'm right here." Soarin removed his hands from his ears and turned to her direction.

"I'll be right back, gotta go see what miss 'I-don't-know-how-to-talk-in-my-inside-voice' wants." He winked at Dash as she smiled and nodded. She took another sip out of her coffee while she watched him walk away.

"Sooooo." Surprise appeared on the left to Rainbow Dash with a squirrel? In her hand, as she gave Dash a mischievous grin.

Rainbow Dash looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "what?" She asked.

"When's the SoarinDash wedding which we've all been waiting for?" Fleetfoot asked with a snide tone, as she appeared on the left to Dash with an expression similar to Surprise'.

"It's not like that, we're just friends." Rainbow Dash started her blush seared through her cheeks and for a minute or so she had thought her face was on fire. She suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide cheeks behind her wing. Sure there were many physical aspects of Soarin which Dash liked. His sharp, chiselled jawline, his well-toned muscular arms, his welcoming emerald eyes...

Wait...why the fuck am I noticing his muscles for? Dammit, Rainbow Dash.

Dash smacked her hand against her forehead.

Fleetfoot glanced at Dash, then at Soarin and then at Dash again as she examined her expression. Not once did Dash's eye's leave him. Tracking his every moment like a predator ready to prey on its victim. Fleetfoot knew there was something there. A spark may be, between tho. Heck, every single Wonderbolts in the building knew and were all silently hoping and waiting for the two to get together. Ever since Dash had saved Soarin from a nasty and potentially fatal fall back in Rainbow Falls, preparing for the Equestrian Games. The two had become closer. Blaze and Surprise had even started a "SoarinDash club" which almost every Wonderbolt was a "member" off. Whatever the hell that meant. Though it did bring a slight annoyance to the couple who were convinced they were just free-no best friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Right?

Fleetfoot knew it would take some times for the two to confess. Here's the thing: Dash was a very proud and self-assured person. A very egocentric girl who's heart belonged to everyone she held dear. She was brave and daring and always craved adventure and danger. Soarin: he was calm and collected Pegasus. Similarly to Dash, he held those he cared about dear. He was easy-going, goofy and friendly. Both were hard-working Pegasi. Popular among the media. Loved. Both were loyal to the core. Dash was chosen by the Element of Loyalty to help protect Equestria after all. It was just a matter of time before one or both decided that friendship isn't all they're destined to be.

"ALRIGHT WONDERBOLTS! MOVE IT TO THE ALL SQUAD MEETING ROOM. MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!" Spitfire exclaimed as the Wonderbolts all winced before the ringing in their ears stopped and walked inside towards the stairway leading to the second floor. Where all the meeting rooms and the janitors closet was. "CLIPPER, CRASH GO TO MY OFFICE AND GET THE FLIGHT FORMATIONS FOR SQUAD ONE'S SECOND ROUTINE AND MEET EVERYONE IN THE MEETING ROOM IN FIVE MINUTES. IF YOU SHOW UP IN 6 MINUTES OR 4 MINUTES I WILL FORCE FEED YOU BOTH TO A PACK OF TIMBERWOLVES!" Spitfire commanded as the duo gave her a salute and flew towards the direction of Spitfire's office.

The rest followed Spitfire to the direction of the meeting room. Fleetfoot caught up and gave Spitfire a knowing grin.

"Sssssaaaaay Spitty,"

"Yes, Fleetfoot?" Spitfire sighed as she looked through the binder in her hands.

"Surely you don't need two people to grab a small little folder from your office." Fleetfoot giggled as she saw a small smile try to creep its way onto Spitfire's face, "did you, by chance, happen to purposely send them together to get the folder?" She asked snidely. Spitfire didn't respond but the small smirk on her face and the nose flare was all Fleetfoot needed.

"HAHA! I KNEW IT.!" Fleetfoot laughed, "you're so evil and I love you for it."

"Welcome to team SoarinDash sis." Blaze said she appeared next to spitfire and gave Fleetfoot a high five with her wing.

"Welcome to team SoarinDash? No, no, no Blaze, I run that bitch" Spitfire smirked as she reached for the door handle leaving the duo to hysterically laugh at their captain's response.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"The Wonderbolts are all going for drinks tonight. You coming along?" Soarin asked as he and Dash climbed the enormous stairs to the third floor. In direction to Spitfire's office.


"Fleetfoot told me this morning. I'd love to come but Pinkie Pie is having a sleepover with the girls tonight and made me pinkie promise to come." Rainbow Dash shrugged.

"Aww, too bad. I was hoping you would be there. You're great company Dashie." Soarin stated as he turned the doorknob to Spitfire's office, completely oblivious to the fact that he had just addressed Dash by a very affectionate nickname and the blood which had rushed up to her cheeks and across her nose and her stiff and erect wings. Rainbow Dash shook her head and calmed herself down as she was about to walk to follow Soarin when the corner of her eyes caught a shadowy figure run across. Barely seen.

"You coming Dash?" Soarin said. Rainbow Dash shook her head and smiled and followed him through when an ear-piercing bang caused her and Soarin to jump in shock.

"There was an echo after that sound. DASH IT'S A GUNSHOT GET INSIDE SPITFIRE'S OFFICE. NOW!" Soarin ordered. Rainbow Dash wasted no time in hurrying inside as Soarin instantly closed the blinds on the small window on the door and locked the door.

"Dash there's the main switch on the back wall, break the glass barrier and pull the red switch down. It'll cut all electricity in the building." Soarin ordered. Rainbow Dash nodded, broke the glass with her elbow and pulled the red lever down.

Rainbow Dash rapidly closed the blinds to the huge window wall at the back of the office as she and Soarin hid behind Spitfire's desk. The following gunshot was heard, the bullet shattering the sound barrier and then a slight echo. Rainbow Dash quietly yelped as she unknowingly leaned into Soarin, who in return wrapped his arm around her midsection.

"Who the hell would it be?" Soarin whispered. Rainbow Dash shrugged as she peeked behind the desk as an ominous silence caved the building while Soarin rang the lockdown alarm.

"I have no idea," Dash responded. Just then multiple shots could be heard behind the door and Rainbow Dash's eyes widened in fear and she unknowingly started to shake while her breathing increased.

"Don't worry, Spitfire's door is bulletproof," Soarin said as he held Dash close to him.

Just then the banging increased. Became louder. Less spaced apart. Soarin and Dash both peeked from each side of the desk as an amber hue surrounded the doorknob which slowly but surely started to become loose and a few seconds later fell to the floor with a small ping.

Soarin and Dash stayed behind the desk. Dash's head leaned on to Soarin's shoulder for support, her eyes wide and glazed with fresh tears. Soarin had one hand on her back and one covering her mouth in order to stop her from making any noise.

Soarin slowly removed his hands from her body and looked at her with his index finger grazing his lips, indicating her to be quiet. He moved his fingers in a series of different emotions but Dash understood perfectly.

He was talking to her in sign language. Learning sign language was mandatory for all wonderbolts, being a very diverse and accepting flight group as well as being part of Equestria's military and first-hand response.

Attack.

He said.

Dash looked at him with fear and in disbelief. Did he want to attack an armed intruder? Soarin noticed Dash shaking, less discreetly now. He began making some more motions with his hand.

You'll be safe. I promise.

He cupped her small face in his large palms as the two stared into each other iris. Just about a centimetre between their faces. Dash closed her eyes, took a deep breathed, looked at him in determination and nodded.

Soarin smiled.

"Rainbow haired freak! I saw you come in here." The mysterious voice spoke. Dash looked at Soarin in confusion.

The man addressed her? She didn't recognise that voice.

Soarin looked at Dash and nodded. They both kept out from their hiding spot and even before the attacker had any chance to process what was happening Soarin had delivered a heavy blow to his abdomen, resulting in the intruder slamming against the wall behind him. He looked woozy and shook his head and readied to defend but Rainbow Dash was quick on her feet and delivered a punch to his face. However, the attacker had an incredible reaction time and managed to block her attack. He grabbed her wrist and slightly pushed her back before grabbing her by her neck, crashing her back into the wall. He glared at her with eyes full of hatred and hoisted the petite girl into the hair. Dash felt her eyes begin to get heavy as a single teardrop fell down her cheek. She was about to blackout before a muscular arm came into her peripheral vision and knocked the intruder off her and onto his feet.

"You okay?" Soarin asked. Dash coughed and placed a hand on her throat. She nodded at Soarin and weakly smiled. The intruder was about to stand up, but Soarin was ahead of him and quickly delivered a blow to his face, knocking him out.

Dash then began to violently cough as Soarin quickly returned to her side and rubbed his hand up and down her back. Unknowest to him, the intruder slowly began to open his eyes. Though he was too weak to move he still had enough strength to grab his gun with, pull it towards him, aim at Soarin. And he shot.

He didn't miss his target.

"SOARIN!" Dash cried out, she saw him fall on the floor, unconscious.

She glared at the unnamed man, her eyes full of rage and fury. She jumped on him. Continuously delivering heavy and powerful punches. Tears were freely pouring out of her eyes. Her vision was blurry from them but she didn't care, she knew exactly where the intruder was and continue to punch and punch and punch him.

The man, however, proved to be more strong than Dash had thought. He pushed dash off him and threw her against the wall. She yelped and cried out in pain as her head violently slammed into the wall. The attacker was slowly starting to stand up as his eyes fixed on Soarin once again.

Dash growled.

Oh hell no

She quickly got up, fortunately, she was out of eyeshot of the intruder, she slowly grabbed the fire extinguisher, approached the man and hit him in the head with it with as much force as she could muster.

She was on top of him, despite the fact that he was unconscious. Her vision continued to blur but this time she was certain he was out for good and maybe had a broken nose, with the amount of blood oozing out. She wiped her eyes and grabbed her scarf from her neck to tie his hands behind his back, just in case he was able to slip into consciousness again. Although it was very unlikely.

She shut off the lockdown alarm.

Rainbow Dash wasted no time and rushed over to Soarin, and placed his head on her lap. He quietly coughed and wheezed and barely was able to open his eyes but enough to see the terrified look on Dash's face.

"H-hey Dash?" Soarin spoke, his voice barely above a whisper.

Rainbow Dash shook her head, "ssh, ssh. Save your energy. I'm gonna get you help. I promise." She said, despite choking on her own tears.

She found a small cloth on the sofa in the office and placed it on top of his wound to minimise blood loss.

"Listen Dash," Soarin spoke one again, Rainbow Dash slowly met his eyes, "Ju-just in case I don't make it. I have to tell you something."

"No, you'll be fine. You can tell me you're gonna be okay." Dash said, continuously shaking her head as the tear flow increased.

"I...I love you, Dashie." Soarin said.

Rainbow Dash stared at him for a few seconds and she wiped her cheek, which proved to have no use as the tears continued to drench her face.

"I love you, too" She replied and slightly nodded.

Soarin gave her a weak smile and held her hand in his as their fingers intertwined.

"I love you, too." She spoke softly again and she rested her forehead against his. Suddenly he wheezed, alarming Dash as his eyes slowly fluttered closed... His breathing didn't stop but seemed to significantly weaken. His breaths were more spaced apart

Rainbow Dash felt the air escape her lungs. She slowly got up and ran outside Spitfire's office, tumbling and falling over more times than she could keep a count for, looking for anyone. She grabbed her forehead, no doubt she had a concussion. She felt blood rush out of her right nostril. She suddenly saw a bunch of shadows on the stairs and many muffled sounds. She immediately recognised them.

"SPITFIRE!?" Dash called out.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Fleetfoot flew and hugged Rainbow Dash, "Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?" Fleetfoot exclaimed and looked over Dash in worry. Rainbow Dash shook her head no and pointed inside her office. Completely disregarding the Fleetfoot and the rest of the Wonderbolts also looked a little beaten up too.

"Soarin. Go help, Soarin. Please, save him, please." She said she hugged Fleetfoot and cried into her shoulder. Just after Dash's request, Wave Chill and Fire Streak ran inside.

"CAPTAIN!" Fire called out.

Spitfire left Dash's side and ran inside her office. She saw the two unconscious male figures on the floor. She ignored the latter and ran to Soarin.

"GO GET A MEDIC, NOW!" She ordered. Wave Chill, Fire Streak, Lighting Streak and Rapidfire all saluted and ran to the hospital. Cloudsdale Hospital was a two-minute flight from the Wonderbolts building, Spitfire was certain Soarin would get medical attention soon. She could hear Rainbow Dash bawling outside.

One question ran through her mind,

What the FUCK just happened?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The mood in the hospital was anything but cheery. It was a fucking hospital. The central heating quietly ran in the background, the constant beeping of the electrocardiography machine rang through the ears of the occupants in the room. Multiple IV bags stood tall to inject the patient with necessary liquids to maximise survival chances. The clean and crisp white walls loomed over everyone. The seats were plush, the air had a perfumed scent. Distinct voices of the nurses and doctors could be heard outside.


The Wonderbolts were in a private room, all huddled together in the spacious little rectangular room. All bandaged up and treated for their wounds. Some minor, some not. Rainbow Dash's Ponyville friends rushed to the hospital as soon as they heard from Princess Celestia about the events which had taken place in the morning. They always attended every Wonderbolt show to support Dash and in result had become really close friends with the Wonderbolts themselves. Twilight slowly and quietly walked into the room with the rest of the girls, Spike and Starlight close behind.

"Hey Twi," Spitfire whispered as she and the Princess embraced.

"Hey, how are you all?" She asked, her voice just above a whisper.

Lightning shrugged, "we'll be fine, just a few minor injuries." He spoke as Fluttershy ran up to her cousins and embraced them tightly. Fire and Lightning Streak quickly returned the hug.

"You should be more worried about him." Rapidfire pointed to Soarin, careful to no wake-up Fleetfoot who was sleeping on his shoulder.

"Soarin? What happened" Rarity asked.

"He got shot. Doctors say he's stable, the bullet was successfully removed and just missed his major organs. They said he should be awake by now. It's been over 24 hours." Spitfire said, as she sighed and sat back down on the sofa.

"What happened though?" Starlight asked.

"The attackers were taken into custody and questioned. Apparently, they came to get revenge on Rainbow Dash and the rest of the elements because you managed to catch and arrest a dangerous and huge gang a few weeks ago but their leader was killed in the process." Spitfire exclaimed.

"Dammit, I knew the ones that escaped would come after us," Twilight said as she rubbed her temples. "I'm gonna have to tell Princess Celestia to give the Wonderbolts and me and the girls so additional protection until we find the escapees" she sighed as Spitfire placed a hand on her shoulder. Twilight sat on the sofa next to Spitfire and Misty Fly.

Pinkie was occupied with Surprise, Fluttershy was with her cousins, Rarity and Starlight were making small talk with Spitfire and Fleetfoot. Applejack approached Rainbow Dash, who was sat on a cushioned chair right next to Soarin's bed with her legs up and her head buried in them. Whether she was awake or not, she didn't seem to acknowledge her friend's entrance.

Applejack slowly placed her hand upon Dash's head, who quietly flinched and looked up. Applejack visibly cringed as she looked at Dash's appearance. Her eyes were puffy and red, probably from crying or lack of sleep....or both. Her hair was a mess, her sleek and high ponytail was no longer there and her hair left open, but looked really messy and not taken care off. Rarity didn't seem to like it as she grabbed a hairbrush from her handbag and walked over to Rainbow Dash.

"How ya doin' Sugarcube?" Applejack asked with a small smile, removing her hand from Dash's head and rested it on the armrest as Rarity began brushing Dash's hair from behind her. Rainbow Dash was about to respond but her lips quivered and a few small teardrops escaped her eyes. She shut them tight but couldn't help it.

Applejack and Rarity looked at each other in with pained expressions, Applejack rested Dash's head against her chest allowing Dash to silently weep. Rarity continued to carefully brush her distressed friend's hair. The rest of the Wonderbolts looked upon their newest member with extreme sadness. They knew how fond Soarin and Dash were of each other whether they liked to admit it or not. There was definitely something there. To observe Rainbow Dash crumble so easily and break, was truly hurtful to witness.

Soarin.

He lay on the hospital bed. Numerous bandages covering on his arms and legs, multiple IV lines running through his veins. A nasal cannula on his nose to assist in breathing. Above him were his X-Rays, MRI and CT scans. Exhibiting all sort of essential information which the doctor and nurses may need.

They sat there in incorruptible silence for a few periodic hours but felt like a lifetime. Time is such a strange factor, indeed.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Soarin gave out an inaudible groan as he rubbed his forehead. His eyes slowly opened and sooner or later adjusted to the light in the room.

The hell? The afterlife looks very similar to a hospit-ohhh.

He slowly sat up, not all the way but he wasn't laying down now.

Spitfire noticed the blanket shuffle and quickly looked up. Only to witness her childhood best friend awake and aware. She couldn't help a huge grin occupy her face as she stood up from her chair and ran to Soarin and embraced him tightly as her eyes welled up with tears of joy.

"Spitfire...careful....pain," Soarin sputtered as Spitfire hugged the absolute living shit out of him.

Everyone else, except for a certain multi-coloured headed girl awoke to the commotion in the room only to see Soarin finally awake and Spitfire who seemingly had a mission to suffocate him to death with the amount of force she was putting in her hug. They all stood and expressed their relief to see Soarin awake.

Spitfire suddenly glared at him and punched him.

"OW! Spitfire? What the hell was that for?" Soarin yelled as he rubbed the spot on his arm where she punched him.

"For making me think you died! Don't do that again" She huffed and crossed her arms. Soarin and the rest chuckled. That was Spitfire's way of saying "I love you."

Speaking of "I love you", Soarin's eyes widened as he realised Dash wasn't in his sight, he visibly panicked, hoping nothing happened to her only for his hand to brush against a silky, soft surface. He turned to his right and saw Rainbow Dash asleep, with her head on the mattress. Soarin smiled. She looked so peaceful although he was sure that was far from the emotion she was feeling right now.

"Dude, she's been ridiculously worried about you." Lightning Streak said, as he and the rest of the Wonderbolts and mane six sat back down and chuckled. Soarin raised an eyebrow.

She was?

"It took us so long just to get her to eat something and fall asleep," Misty Fly stated as she subtly glanced at the Element of Loyalty.

"How long have I been out?"

"42 hours." Rapidfire replied.

"It's 2:45 am right now," Twilight added.

"I think you should wake Rainbow Dash up now, she'll be so relieved to see you're okay," Fluttershy said in her quiet and meek voice.

Soarin smiled and brushed his hand against Dash cheek, she slowly stirred but it didn't take long for her brain to process what was happening and put two and two together, her eyes snapped open, her head practically flew back and she looked at Soarin with a mixture of shock and relief.

"Wakey, Wakey." He smiled.

"You...you absolute, fucking jerk!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, her eyes slightly glazed with tears as she looked at Soarin. "You really had to get shot!?"

"He would've shot you if I didn't jump in," Soarin defended, to no avail as Dash's glare didn't subside. "I had to protect you."

A small smile started to appear on everyone's face.

"I will always protect you, Dash," he added. Rainbow Dash's eyes softened, not by much, she bit her lip as she shut her eyes tight.

"Dammit! Dammit! Damn you!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she and Soarin embraced tightly. Holding each other as if they would never get the chance again. Rainbow Dash's dam broke, her tears drenched Soarin's shoulder as the salty drops also, almost soaked his hospital gown.

Rainbow Dash reluctantly let go, and vigorously wiped her eyes as the two stared into each other's eyes. Dash remembered they weren't alone in the room and slowly turned her head to see the smirking faces of her friends.

"Can I have a minute with Soarin?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh? fuck no!" Fleetfoot exclaimed and she crossed her arms, "if SoarinDash is about to be born I wanna be here to witness it." She expressed with a childish pout.

"Soarin-what-now?" Dash said with a scrunched face

Soarin furrowed his brow at everyone in annoyance, he was not going to let Fleetfoot ruin this moment. He knew Dash was about to kiss him.

Suddenly he grabbed Dash's face with his palms, as she stared into his deep emerald eyes.

"I love you Dashie," he whispered.

"Mpphh" Dash gave a muffled yelp as Soarin crashed his lips onto Dash's, drawing her into a very passionate kiss. Her eyes widened for a second before she closed them and returned the kiss while resting her hands on Soarin's wrist as his hands continued to caress her cheek gently but firmly.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Finally. Finally, they took the next step.

Pinkie and Surprise jumped on to the sofa holding balloons that they got from god knows where.

"SOARINDASH HAS SAILED!!!"