• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 1,375 Views, 135 Comments

Yu-EQ-Gi-oh:Linked Paradox - Quillion9000



Flash Sentry has a couple of the worst days of his life and loses practically everything. Now, he must duel to reclaim what he lost.

  • ...
5
 135
 1,375

HE vs DC:Part 2

Canterlot: Twilight’s Room, One Year Ago…
Twilight was working on her studies when she heard a knocking at her door. “Come in.”

“Hey Twilight.” Spike entered. “I just wanted to see you before I left.” He walked over and placed a purple deck box on her desk. “Also, I found your deck in the basement.”

“Spike I’m going to miss you, but you never should have dug that old thing out.” Twilight sighed and didn’t even look at the deck box. “I gave up dueling for a reason.”

Spike was saddened to hear his sister say such things. “Twilight, I know it was never your dream to make it big in dueling like Shining and I, but you used to love this deck and dueling in general.”

“The key word is used to.” Twilight retorted simply as she finally glanced at the box. “These cards are nothing but trouble. If they never existed, I’d still have friends, and they’d have never left.”

“I think you forgot that duel monsters was what brought you all together.” Spike shook his head. “Who’d have thought I’d have a better memory than the smart on of the family.” He sighed. “Maybe that’s the problem. Sometimes, you let your brain overrule your heart.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Twilight asked not quite getting it.

“It means, I think you know duel monsters isn’t the blame for what happened. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, and I know it can’t be the reason.” Spike walked over to the doorway. “Anyways, I got to get going. Love you, sis. Maybe one day, I’ll see you in the World League.”

“Love you to Spike.” Twilight replied.

He left, and Twilight put her head in her hand. Her eyes eventually drifted to the deck box before deciding she might as well look at the cards at least. Little did Twilight know; this small action would eventually lead her back into duel monsters.


Yugioh: Road to Quantum Opening

( watch?v=WXx21ivOCLU)

Don't you dare replace

Your first and only want

(Young Flash Sentry stares up at Flash Industries with his father and brother as Magnus ruffles their hair.)

Don't give up on the chase

Keep holding on!

(Teenage Flash is riding through Canterlot atop a duel runner before coming to a stop outside the open gates of a large complex with multiple buildings.)

Everything had gone to failure

(Young Flash stands in front of Canterlot Middle Schools statue and watches in despair as young Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash leave him going separate ways from himself and each other.)

My ambition turned into my broken dreams

(Flash is sent flying outside a building and into the grace outside as lighting arcs through the sky followed by thunder. Soon, it begins to storm on him.)

I left a promise out to die

(Flash kneels beside his younger brother, Forward Base, who is currently crying. He stands before facing Ethan with a determined expression.)

Every word I still remember

(Young Flash is standing on the roof as a young Sunset is waiting for him.)

They've been ringing in my head on full repeat

(The scene transitions to the park at night as Flash stands across from Sunset in shock while she laughs at him. His fists clench and he activate his black duel disc causing a blue energy blade to appear.)

Can't get your talk to ever leave my mind

(Young Flash is panting with tears in his eyes as he stands in the middle of his father's home office with books having been scattered. Anything that could be wrecked was.)

But now, from the clouds

There's a wind that gives me a boost

(Young Flash sits on his knees before a coffee table. Laid out before him is a blank deck of cards, his laptop, and a flash drive. He inserts the flash drive into the computer and plays a video.)

My heart, burning hard

Is about to light my fuse

(Young Flash watches as his father appears on screen. After a moment, his expression changes from sorrow and anger to a proud smile.)

(Let's try again!)

Live in the now and break your confines

Take ahold of this precious time (precious time)

(Flash is in his room as the sun shines through the window and her finishes packing his things. He tucks the blank deck into his deck box before walking out of the room.)

Glory days (glory days)

'Cause your life is not to trade

(Flash is seen walking down the sidewalk with Shadow Lock conversing happily with him before they enter a car and drive off.)

(Let's try again!)

Bring back the color as you advance

Paint it red, and then take a chance (take a chance)

(Young Flash and Shadow Lock stand across from each other in a room of the decaying Duel Sanctuary. Both wield black duel disk as Flash's blue energy blade and Shadow's black energy blade come out.)

Shout it loud (shout it loud)

'Cause your style's worth a bow

(Flash stands outside the sanctuary and stares down the stairs as he imagines a transparent version of his brother running up to meet him before he vanishes. Rather than be sad, Flash gives a small smile before walking back inside.)

Don't you dare replace

Your first and only want

(Teen Flash gets off his duel runner and looks back at the transparent version of his younger self who smiles and gives him a thumbs up before vanishing. Flash smiles and puts his hands in his pockets before walking onto the grounds of the large complex.)

Don't give up on the chase

Keep holding on!

(Flash looks up at the building as he draws closer to the entrance with a look of resolve. He stops as transparent version of the Humane 6 as their current ages appear before him. Flash nods to them before they vanish. He then walks into the building.)


Arena: Present…
Twilight and Spike came to face one another.

“Before we begin, I just wanted to say thank you, Spike.” Twilight stated.

“Thank me?” Spike questioned confused.

“Yeah.” Twilight nodded. “It’s thanks to what you did before leaving that I can stand here now as a duelist once more.”

“Really?” Spike was genuinely shocked. “I didn’t think leaving your deck with you would bring you here.” He quickly grew serious. “In that case, you can thank me by going all out.” He pointed at her. “I will beat you at your best and focus my sights on Shining next.”

“Spike has become far more confident since leaving to join his own team.” Twilight nodded. “I’ll give this duel my all, so let’s see how much you’ve improved. Show me what the Red-Eyes can do in your hands.”

“This is a pleasant surprise.” Autumn stated. “What we have witnessed is Spike throwing down the gauntlet and Twilight readily picking it up. Hopefully, they will give us quite the duel to witness. Now, let’s count it down.”

“3. 2. 1. Let’s duel!” Everyone shouted.

(Spike 4000/Twilight 4000)

“Both my teammates went first, yet they were defeated. I will show that going first doesn’t mean defeat.” Spike declared. “I activate Red-Eyes Insight. By sending one Red-Eyes monster from my deck or hand to the grave, I can add one Red-Eyes spell/trap to my hand.

I then activate Silver’s Cry allowing me to special summon any normal dragon monster from my graveyard. I’ll target my recently added Red-Eyes B. Dragon(LV 7/2400/2000).” The black dragon with red eyes appeared roaring. “I’ll finish with three set cards.”

“It’s only the first turn, yet Spike got a Red-Eyes on the field. He really has stepped his game up, so I’ll need to answer in kind.” Twilight drew. “The card I just drew is Palladium Oracle Mahad(LV 7/2500/2100). By revealing this drawn card, I can special summon him.”

A man in white attire and golden armor appeared. “I’ll then normal summon Magician's Valkyria(LV 4/1600/1800).” A female spellcaster in blue robes appeared. “Mahad will then attack Red-Eyes B. Dragon. When he attacks a dark monster, his ATK doubles.

Palladium Oracle Mahad(LV 7/5000/2100 effect) (Spike 1400/Twilight 4000)

“Not bad, but I didn’t set three cards for nothing.” Spike declared. “My first set card is Red-Eyes Burn. If any Red-Eyes monster, except B. Chick, is destroyed, I can target the monster and deal us both damage equal to their original ATK. I target Red-Eyes B. Dragon.”

“That’s a risky move if he didn’t have two more set cards.” Twilight nodded. “I’m guessing one of those set cards will see that you don’t take the damage.”

“That’s right.” Spike stated. “My second face down is Damaged Draw, and it’s the perfect complement to this deck. This continuous trap can zero out effect damage dealt to me once per turn. Then, for every 1000 life points I’d have lost, I can draw that many cards.”

A wormhole opened and red energy fired off at both duelist; however, the damage leveled at Spike was absorbed into his deck (Spike 1800/Twilight 1600). “As you can see, my life points are then healed by any remaining damage.”

“You weren’t kidding about that card being perfect for your deck.” Twilight commented.

“Thank you.” Spike stated. “Now for my last set card which is Red-Eyes Spirit. If I’m not targeting Red-Eyes B. Chick. I can special summon any Red-Eyes in my grave. Come back Red-Eyes B. Dragon(LV 7/2400/2000).”

“Attacking further is out of the question, so I shall set one card.” Twilight declared.

“The first two turns of this duel have gone by.” Autumn declared. “It looked like Spike was in trouble, but he handedly turned everything around. This is still anyone’s duel with no clear cut one on top.”

Blue Corner
“He’s not our secret weapon for nothing.” Apple bloom thought. “Scootaloo can match him, but what makes Spike special is the fact that he perfectly embodies hers and Sweetie Bell’s styles. Heavy burn mixed with power.”

Red Corner
“There’s the burn damage I’m familiar with.” Flash was doing his best to keep calm. “Large amounts hitting your life points. If this were a shadow game… I don’t even want to think what that would do to Twilight.”

Arena
“My turn.” Spike drew. “I activate Red-Eyes Fusion allowing me to fuse any monster which lists a Red-Eyes monster as material. I can also grab materials from my hand, field, or deck. In return, I cannot summon anything more this turn.


I will combine a second Red-Eyes B. Dragon and Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning together. Terrifying dragon from the deepest realm of the archfiends emerge. Fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon(LV 8/3200/2500).”

A huge, red and black dragon with red and flaming wings appeared roaring. “When a monster is fusion summoned through Red-Eyes Fusion, their name becomes Red-Eyes B. Dragon(effect)(LV 8/3200/2500).”

“I remember you wanted to get into extra deck methods.” Twilight smiled. “Looks like you learned about them.”

“Yeah, I did.” Spike nodded. “Now, allow me to show you what I can do with it. By forgoing this monster’s ATK, I can target a normal Red-Eyes monster in my grave, shuffle it back into my deck, and deal you damage equal to their ATK. I choose B. Dragon.”

“I activate my face down Magician’s Defense.” Twilight declared. “As long as I control a spellcaster, all damage I take will be halved.”

Archfiend roared and glowed a fiery red before a transparent, red Red-Eyes B. Dragon appeared launching at Twilight. Before impact, the monster’s size was halved (Spike 1800/Twilight 400).

“Hanging on until the very end, but even with halved damage, my Red-Eyes can end this by attacking your Valkyria.” Spike declared. “Go, Inferno Fire Blast!”

“Not happening.” Twilight declared. “I activate the effect of Apprentice Illusion Magician. By sending this card from my hand to the grave, I can give any Dark spellcaster I control 2000 more ATK during the damage calculation. I target Magician's Valkyria(LV 4/3600/1800 effect).”

Red-Eyes had launched a ball of fire at Valkyria who was now glowing with purple energy. Valkyria then spun her staff and rushed through the ball of fire completely unharmed before launching a beam of magic into the dragon destroying him (Spike 600/Twilight 400).”

“You’re just as strong as ever Twilight, but if I ever want a shot at beating Shinning Armor, I can’t let you have another turn. Not when I’m this close.” Spike took a card from his hand. “You’ve played well Twilight, but I have one last card which will end this.”

“That confidence in his eyes. Spike, you really have grown into a powerful duelist.” Twilight nodded. “Let’s see it.”

Spike nodded firmly. “I activate Dragon’s Gunfire. If I control a dragon monster, I can activate one of two effects. The one that’s important now is the ability to deal you 800 life points of damage. Once again, halving that damage isn’t enough (Spike 600/Twilight 0).”

“Twilight may have seemed like she bought herself an extra turn, but Spike had a backup plan all along.” Autumn declared as the people cheered. “Duel Crusaders is still in the game ladies and gentlemen. Our next match will be Flash Sentry vs Apple Bloom.”

Owner Box
“Well, that is just unfortunate.” Luna stated. “Still, we do have three duelists left.”

“It is good to know you don’t look on the bad side of things all the time sister.” Celestia smiled. “This match is far from over.”

Red Corner
Twilight rejoined her team feeling a mixture of pride in her brother and disappointment at having lost.

“Hey Twilight, you did really well out there.” Flash smiled. “Spike must have really improved to beat you, and even then, it was a close duel.”

“Yeah, no kidding.” Astral nodded. “Anyone that can beat my rival must have some serious power.” He smiled. “If I beat him, then I should be able to beat you.” He smiled. “Alright, I can’t wait for the chance to duel him.”

Twilight smiled. “Thanks, you two.”

“Win or lose, it doesn’t matter.” Blaze yawned. “The fact is, I’ll bring home the win.”

Astral sighed. “Man, you really know how to bring down the mood.” He looked to Flash. “Can you get out there and duel. I want to be reminded how a real duelist plays.”

“This coming from a second-rate duelist with a third-rate deck.” Blaze commented plainly.

Astral grit his teeth. “What did you say?”

“You heard me.” Blaze shrugged. “Anyways, you are up Flash.”

“I’ll give it my all.” Flash walked to the middle of the arena. “It’s time.”

Blue Corner
“Way to go Spike.” Sweetie Bell congratulated.

Scootaloo patted him on the back. “That’s what we needed to get back on track.”

“You sure showed them how we duel.” Apple Bloom declared.

“I appreciate the praise; however, this is far from over.” Spike looked at Apple Bloom. “I managed to stop their momentum, but it’s up to you to take it.” He held up his hand. “Get out there and show them the strength all three of us helped you cultivate.”

“I will.” Apple Bloom high fived him. “It’s time to show them that this apple seed is in bloom.”

She walked out to meet Flash for their duel.one

Arena
Flash and Apple Bloom stood across from each other.

“Looks like our hope to duel each other has been answered.” Apple Bloom declared. “Flash, just so you know, I don’t intend on losing. I’ll admit, your team is strong, but we’re not finished yet.”

“I hear you.” Flash nodded. “If I’m going down, I’ll make it close.”

“Oh, I can feel the intensity with this one.” Autumn declared. “These duelists seem ready to throw down, so let’s count it down.”

“3. 2. 1. Let’s Duel!”

(Flash 4000/Apple Bloom 4000)

“I think your teams been going first a little too much, so I’ll take it this time around.” Flash declared. “I’ll start by playing my Temple of Time.” A quantum blue temple appeared behind him. “This spell prevents you from targeting my warrior monsters with spells.

There is another effect, but that can’t be activated at this time. I’ll then summon Purple Poison Knight(LV 4/1200/2100) in defense mode.” A knight with short purple hair and purple armor appeared kneeling before Flash. “Finally, I will set one card.”

“My turn.” Apple Bloom drew. “I activate the field spell Aroma Garden.” A beautiful, lush garden appeared around them. “Now, I summon Aromage Jasmine(LV 2/600/2400 effect).” A female with white hair, blue eyes, and white robes appeared.

“Because I control Aroma Garden, all Aroma monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. In addition, I gain 500 life points but only once a turn (Flash 4000/Apple Bloom 4500). When I gain life points, Aromage Jasmine lets me draw a card but only once per turn.

I normal summon Red Rose Dragon(LV 3/1000/1800).” An average sized purple dragon with roses on its back appeared. “Rose Dragon shall give Jasmine a tune up to Synchro for 5. Plant of healing and negation, I summon you. Join me Aromaseraphy Rosemary(LV 5/3000/1900).”

A woman with long, blue hair, blue dress, wings, and staff appeared.

“What a beautiful combo Apple Bloom pulled off.” Autumn declared. “She’s combined dragons and plants to craft a better deck than last year.”

Apple Bloom continued. “She gains the ATK/DEF from the field spell, and since my life points are higher than yours, she grants all plant monster 500 ATK/DEF. Now, I get to activate several effects from Red Rose Dragon.

Since she was sent to the grave as Synchro material, I can special summon a Rose Dragon from my deck or hand. I choose Blue Rose Dragon(LV 4/1600/1200) from my deck.” A dragon with a serpent like body and blue rose around her neck appeared.

“That’s not all. Red Rose Dragon was sent to the grave for a plant Synchro monster meaning I get to add one of two cards from my deck to my hand.” I’ll choose my Frozen Rose spell card. I then activate Red Medicine granting me 500 more life points (Flash 4000/Apple Bloom 5000).

Since I gained life points, Rosemary can negate the effects of one face up card you control until the end of the turn. I don’t trust that monster of yours, so his effects are gone. With that out of the way, Aromaseraphy Rosemary will destroy Poison Knight.

“So, that’s what she added to her deck.” Flash thought. “Plants and dragons coming together to create combos. Also, Red Rose Dragon sounds familiar. This duel might just be tougher than I initially thought.”

He held out a hand. “If a Warrior Pendulum monster on my field is destroyed, Temple of Time allows me to add another Warrior/Pendulum monster from my deck to my hand.”

“It won’t stop Blue Rose Dragon from attacking you directly (Flash 2400/Apple Bloom 5000).” Apple Bloom declared. “I’ll then finish with one set card before turning things over to you.

Red Corner
“Between the four of them, they actually cover a range of duel styles.” Twilight commented.

“What do you mean?” Astral asked.

“Sweetie’s deck does chip damage that seems to build as the duel progresses, Spike is power mixed with burn, Scootaloo uses power, and Apple Bloom’s plants mixed with dragons give her life points mixed with cohesive effects.” Twilight replied.

“In other words, there team is one which can seemingly cover another’s weakness.” Blaze yawned. “Almost makes me curious enough to see how they’d do in tag duels.”

Blue Corner
“Apple Bloom’s deck is working like a well-oiled machine.” Scootaloo declared happily.

“After the hours we put into helping her improve, I’d be disappointed if it didn’t.” Sweetie stated.

“The duel’s still young and that monster was a pendulum since Flash moved it to his extra deck.” Spike stated cautiously. “Don’t get me wrong. I want Apple Bloom to win, but something tells me this is only the beginning.”

Arena
“So, this is what it’s like dueling in the big leagues.” Flash thought. “The people and cameras alike are watching. Sunset, Nathan, and Cipher could be watching right now. Uncle, Master, and even my brother could be watching as well.

Beyond that, this is Harmonious Element’s first match, and there’s no guarantee how the duels will turn out after this one. If I even want a shot at that end of year tournament, I got to give this everything I have.” He drew. “Get ready Apple Bloom because the big plays are coming.”

“I can’t wait.” Apple Bloom declared. “Show me what these past two years have taught you.”

“No problem.” Flash drew. “I activate Odd-Eyes Fusion. This spell normally acts like Polymerization, but only for Dragon monsters. That said, if my opponent controls two monsters and I control none, I can also use up to two Odd-Eyes from my extra deck.

With that in mind, I’ll combine Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon, from my extra deck, with Tuning Knight from my hand. I call upon the dragon with dichromatic eyes and spirt of a roaring tempest. Fusion Summon Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon(LV 7/2500/3000).”

A black dragon with light green scales appeared. “When this dragon is special summoned, I can bounce one of your cards back to your hand. I choose Rosemary which means it goes back to your extra deck. Go Vortex Return! I then activate my face down Astral Rebirth.

This card allows me to special summon any monster from my grave, and if they’re an Xyz monster, this card becomes an overlay unit for it. Come to the field Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon(Rank 7/O 1/2800/2500).” A brown dragon with ice scales all over his body appeared.

“Whoa.” Apple Bloom was impressed. “A Fusion and Xyz monster on the field at the same time. Looks like your training really was for something.”

“I appreciate the compliment, but you haven’t seen anything yet.” Flash declared. “Vortex Dragon will destroy Blue Rose Dragon with Vortex Breath!” Vortex Dragon reared back his head before letting loose a breath attack comprised of concentrated air.

“Nice try Flash, but I activate my face down Rose Blizzard.” Apple Bloom declare. “Since you targeted my monster for an attack, Blue Rose will go into defense position and the current attack shall be negated.”

“I thought something like this would come up which is why I summoned Vortex.” Flash smiled. “By returning a face up pendulum monster from my extra deck to the deck, Vortex can negate and destroy a card once per turn. I choose my Tunning Knight. Vortex Negation!”

The trap card sparked before shattering and the attack washed over Blue Rose (Flash 2400/Apple Bloom 4100).

“When Blue Rose is destroyed, I can special summon a Plant monster or Black Rose Dragon from my graveyard.” Apple Bloom declared. “I choose Red Rose Dragon(LV 3/1000/1800) in defense mode.”

“Fine by me.” Flash declared. “Absolute Dragon will attack Red Rose with Absolute Breath. I’ll then activate the effect of Sword Knight from my hand. By putting him face up in my extra deck, my monster deals piercing damage”

Absolute fired off a breath attack comprised of ice which washed over Red Rose (Flash 2400/Apple Bloom 3100).

“Just as things seemed to be looking good for Apple Bloom, Flash Sentry comes back swinging with combos that flip the script.” Autumn declared.

“I’ll end my turn with a set card.” Flash declared. “I was hoping to weaken her next turn by bringing her life points lower than mine, but this was all I had. I just have to hope my defenses are strong enough to hold the line.”

“I draw!” Apple Bloom drew. “Since you control a monster, I can special summon Rose Princess(LV 3/1200/800).” A woman in a pink dress with a rose for hair appeared. “When she’s summoned this way, princess can act as a tuner.

I then normal summon White Rose Dragon(LV 4/1200/1000).” A black dragon with white accents appeared. “Her effect allows me to special summon a Rose Dragon monster from my hand or graveyard. I choose Red Rose Dragon(LV 3/1000/1800).”

“Hm, three monsters and two tuners.” Flash contemplated. “Is she going for the monster I assume she’d go for or did she summon two tuners for something else?”

“Now, Rose Princess will give White Rose Dragon a tune up to Synchro for 7.” Apple Bloom continued. “Dragon of beauty and deadly power I call you to my field. Synchro summon Black Rose Dragon(LV 7/2400/1800).” A black dragon with rose accents appeared.

“I thought you had that dragon, and I’m more aware of its power which is why I set my Breakthrough Skill.” Flash declared. “This card allows me to target your effect monster and negate those effects until the end of the turn.”

“I knew of your appreciation for the duelists of the past Flash.” Apple Bloom smiled. “That’s why I summoned two tuners. I’m going to take this dragon to the next level. Red Rose Dragon give Black Rose Dragon a tuner up to synchro for 10.

Dragon of beauty and power grows with the help of her comrades. Synchro summon Majestic Black Rose Dragon(LV 10/3200/2800).” Black Rose Dragon appeared larger than before with four wings. “When she’s Synchro summoned, every other monster’s effects are negated.

Then, I can destroy every other monster on the field leaving my dragon as the only one. This gives my monster a direct attack on your life points. Go, Majestic Rose devastation!” Majestic Rose Dragon fired a breath attack of rose petals at Flash.

“I activate the graveyard effect of Astral Rebirth.” Flash declared. “By banishing this card, my life points rise by 2000 (Flash 4400/Apple Bloom 3100).” The attack hit Flash (Flash 1200/Apple Bloom 3100).

“Impressive Flash.” Apple Bloom smiled. “I’ll end my turn there, but don’t think I’m defenseless. Just like you, I have tricks up my sleeve.”

“If I were a betting man, I’d say Majestic has more than her destruction, but I already have a counter to anything Majestic may have.” Flash drew. “I banish Breakthrough Skill from my graveyard which will negate Majestic Rose Dragon’s effects until the end of the turn.”

“That’s a bit surprising, but my dragon is still strong in ATK.” Apple Bloom declared. “You don’t have many life points to spare.”

“I’m aware.” Flash drew and smiled. “That’s why I intend to end things this turn. I activate Mirror Dragon Fusion. This spell works a lot like Dragon’s mirror except I’m allowed to use monsters face up in my extra deck as material to. With this new freedom, I will combine Odd-eyes Vortex Dragon with Purple Poison Knight.

Dragon with dichromatic eyes and spirt of a roaring gale come to me. Fusion summon Odd-Eyes Whirlwind Dragon(LV 10/3000/3500).” A colossal green dragon with huge silver wings and scales appeared. “When this monster is special summon, every monster you control is sent back to the hand. Go, Gale Return!”

Whirlwind beat his wings whipping up a large amount of wind which pushed Majestic back. The dragon soon became a ball of light which flew back to Apple Bloom’s extra deck.

“That’s an impressive monster Flash, but a direct attack from him isn’t enough to finish me.” Apple Bloom declared. “I’ll still have 100 life points left.”

“I’m aware which is why I activate Sword Knight’s other monster effect.” Flash smiled. “See, three of my knights in this deck are special because they can shift between my extra deck and hand to activate their effects.

You saw one when Sword Knight gave Absolute piercing damage. The other is the ability to inflict double battle damage; however, if your control no Mosnters, I must half my own life points to achieve this. I’ll gladly do so (Flash 600/Apple Bloom 3100). Go Gale Breath!”

Odd-eyes Whirlwind Dragon roared before firing down a breath attack comprised of condensed air at Apple Bloom (Flash 600/Apple Bloom 0).

“In the end, Flash Sentry pulls off an impressive fusion followed by a combo that wins him the duel.” Autumn declared as the audience cheered. “Seems the apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree folks. Could we have the next Duel Phenomenon in the making?”

The audience cheered, but just as Flash assumed, certain people had been watching him. People he knew and some he didn’t.

Spain: Crystal Cavalcade Compound, Work Out Room…
Forward Base had grown well in the past two years. He gained a few inches and developed the build of a runner to help him in Action Duels as well as to better survive future shadow games. He let his blue hair grow out and put it in a ponytail.

His eyes, once bastions of happiness, were deadly serious. He currently wore a black tank top with matching shorts and was running on the tread mill while observing his brother’s duel. A powerful, black aura had appeared around him.

“Flash… You’d best stay out of my way, or I will crush you.”

The reason he wasn’t at his team’s opener was down to the fact that each member, handpicked by Sombra, were usually strong enough to sweep the day. A few outliers were out there, but the current match didn’t call for more than one person.

Japan: Duel Dome, Blue Corner Hallway
Rainbow Dash and her team had swept their opposition. She had been walking back with her team when she saw Flash dueling Apple Bloom on a screen. As a result, she had sent her teammates on ahead. After the conclusion of the duel, she walked away.

“That snake.” Rainbow thought angrily. “How can anyone accept him when he’s known to steal others decks. I’m betting that’s where we got the deck he’s using now. Well, I’ll show them who Flash really is.”

Nathan stood at the end of the hall with his arms crossed. The only thing that had changed about him, besides gaining a few inches, was his attire. He now wore a purple suit with matching pants and shoes.

“Get a good a look at the competition Rainbow?” Nathan asked.

“Yes sir.” Rainbow glanced at him. “That guy won’t be much of a problem if I face him.”

“I’m glad to hear you’re focused on the right things.” Nathan smiled. “My team, Striking Beast, needs its duelists at their best, and I can’t carry the team myself. No matter how skilled I may be, one must value teamwork. Even Crystal Cavalcade understands that to an extent.”

“I’m going back to the compound.” Rainbow walked on. “I have training to do.”

She left Nathan who turned his attention to the T.V. “So, you’ve come to the world stage after all Flash Sentry. Looks like we may just get our chance for a rematch.” He shrugged. “Shame I already gave that Armed Dragon Deck away.”

?
A huge, red skinned man with yellow eyes and a mane of white hair sat in a chair having observed the duel. He wore a black tank top with matching pants and combat boots. Behind him there was a bay window overlooking countless duelists being pushed to their limits.

“The boy is good. I can feel the light within him even from here.” He glanced at his side. “Seems you weren’t lying when you came to me Omega.”

“Of course, I wasn’t Tierek.” The figure in the gold cloak with black trim and accents walked forward. “To achieve my goal, I must help you. If you wish to succeed, we must let Flash cultivate his power.”

“Yes, I do sense potential within him.” Tierek nodded. “Go prepare the chosen duelist.”

“As you wish.” Omega chuckled. “I am here to serve after all.”

The cloaked figure then walked out of the room.

Secluded Forest: Compound
“You should have heeded my words and stayed out of the game Flash.” Sunset currently sat on a couch and had watched Flash’s duel. “It would have been for the best.” A dark mist rolled into the room, but Sunset didn’t react beyond recognizing it. “Lady Nightmare.”

The mist had formed into a vaguely woman shape, but it was clear that whatever this was, she was no human. “Sunset Shimmer.” Her voice was dark and quiet while also soothing to the ears. “I sensed your emotions spike. What has happened?”

“It’s Flash Sentry ma’am.” Sunset replied. “After two years, he’s returned to dueling.”

“You know what this means, right?” Nightmare question. “He is one of two comprised of burning spirit and compassion.” She closed her eyes. “His power grows like his brother’s. Unlike last time, you cannot sway me to let him go.”

“I know ma’am.” Sunset stated. “I appreciate what you allowed me to do, but the conditions were clear. Flash Sentry is back, so he must be collected.” She shook her head. “It was irrational feelings which led to my choice before. Feelings I won’t let influence me again.”

“Good.” Nightmare put her left hand on the couch and two decks appeared. “We need to know just how strong he has become.”

Sunset nodded. “It shall be done.”

Harmonic Industries
Stygian stood next to a teenage girl with green skin, long, dark green hair, and light brown eyes. She wore a brown stripped sweater, blue jeans, and gray stripped shoes. On her arm she wore a black duel disk with red accents. They had been watching various duels from this year’s openers.

“It’s been two years since The Cipher was last seen, and dueling has reached new heights; however, it just isn’t enough.” Stygian looked at the girl. “Are you sure you want to help me Wallflower? There is still time to back out.”

“No, I won’t abandon you.” Wallflower shook her head. “When everyone else ignored me, you didn’t. I was alone until I met you, and if what you’ve shown me is true, I need to help you. No matter where we end up, I’m with you.”

Stygian nodded before producing items from his pockets. “Then, you will need these.” Wallflower was given a black and red canister, Number C107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, and Rank-Up Magic cards. “The time to begin the next stage is upon us.”

“I understand father.” Wallflower nodded. “I promise not to disappoint you.”

“No matter what happens, you’ll never have disappointed me.” Stygian put an arm around her. “Even if you betray me, I won’t regret taking you in.” He took a deep breath. “Now, let’s get to work. The world must be ready no matter the cost.”

England Compound
A teenage girl stood before a screen watching and had watched the Canterlot Opener with intent. She had long, blue hair with streaks of red, cyan blue eyes, and yellow-orange skin. She wore a dull green formal shirt, dark blue pants, and black boots.

A tall, teenage guy with cyan blue skin, primarily light purple hair with streaks of rainbow color in it, and pink eyes walked into the room. He wore a black trench coat, grey pants, and brown shoes. A black scarf hung around his neck.

“Dusk, are you still watching the opening match?” The guy asked. “The doctor already told us this time is different from our own.”

“I know Dash, but I’m still trying to figure out why.” Dusk replied. “According to Doctor Hooves, we shouldn’t have traveled to another universe. Multiverse theory shouldn’t be the case here. Father shouldn’t have that deck or even be in the world leagues at this time.”

“What difference does it make?” Dash shrugged. “We already resolved to prevent everything from happening. Now, we merely get to keep existing and save another reality. Hey, if we manage it, maybe our parents can help us save our timeline.”

“I suppose you’re right Dash, but I can’t help this feeling I have in the pit of my stomach.” Dusk shook her head. “Something is going on, and it’s unsettling.”

“Whatever may be going on, I know the two of us can make it through this.” Dash put his hand on her shoulder with a reassuring smile. “We’ve managed to survive this long against the Supreme King. Compared to him, whatever we face in this time should be nothing.”

“Thank you, Dash.” Dusk smiled before standing. “I can study the duels of this time later. For now, we should practice with the decks the doctor gave us. He can’t hold the team up by himself forever no matter how good he is.”

“Well said.” Dash smirked. “Just know, I won’t go easy on you, so you better bring all that talent you inherited.”

They walked out of the room together.

Arena: Red Corner
Flash walked back to his team’s corner feeling good about how that went. He managed to win in his world debut and proved he could win outside of your average, friendly duel.

“Man, you have an awesome deck.” Astral grinned. “Pendulum summoning or no pendulum summoning, it can bring the power and effects.”

“You did really well Flash.” Twilight added.

“You performed about as well as I expected.” Blaze nodded approvingly before standing. “Now, I’m going to clean up the last competitor.”

“Hey!” Astral stood up. “I want to have another duel, and I think I can win us that last match.”

Blaze glanced at him before sighing. “You know what, have fun.” She sat back down. “You’ll just end up losing, and I’ll head out there anyways.” She shrugged. “Maybe it’ll be a bit entertaining for me.”

“I’ll show you.” Astral declared. “Bet on me winning.”

Blaze yawned. “I’ll take the sure bet and go for against it.”

Astral growled before moving over to the podium.

Blue Corner
Apple Bloom rejoined her friends with her head held higher. “I think today’s match has been good for us.”

“How do you figure?” Scootaloo asked.

She wasn’t bummed to have lost to Blaze, but they were losing quite a bit. Not the greatest for their image, but the people around them did seem to mostly consider this duel between two powerful teams rather than degrading Duel Crusaders for being young.

“I think Harmonious Element is a team that will push the leagues to new heights.” Apple Bloom nodded. “Fact is, they have truly skilled duelist which were found in places most teams wouldn’t look. No matter how this season goes, I think we’ll continue to see better competition.”

“Apple Bloom does speak sense, but it’s not over yet.” Sweetie Bell looked to Spike. “We still have a chance thanks to our secret weapon.”

“You got that right.” Spike stood. “If they want to win, they’ll have to bring their absolute best.”

He walked out to meet his opponent.