• Published 18th Oct 2020
  • 609 Views, 31 Comments

Magical Mysteries of Hogwarts: Second Year - Juliaa



After wonderful summer, Twilight's second year at Hogwarts arrives. She and her friends still need to find the rest of crystals. But what happens when a certain someone goes to the dark side?

  • ...
6
 31
 609

The Elements of Harmony

Few days have passed and no one has seen Sunset so the girls decided to give her a visit.

"Hey there, Sunset, we just wanted to check up on you!" Rainbow entered.

"Yeah, we have been worried! Are you alright?" Fluttershy added.

"Not really, I just came to laugh at the mess you are right now", Pinkie shrugged.

Everyone turned around in shock.

"Excuse me?!" Sunset said it stopping everything she was doing.

"It's fun to see people in pain!"

"Out!" Sunset yelled.

"You can't be serious!" Rarity interrupted. "She is right after all!"

"You too! Out! Both right now!" she didn't change her mind.

"Sugarcube, why don't you calm down?" Applejack tried to calm her.

"Anyone else who objects will go too!"


There was silence as Rarity and Pinkie left awkwardly.

"What was that about?" Rainbow was angry.

"Look at this!" Sunset shoved Twilight's notebook in their faces. She sounded desperate.

"Uhh, what's that?"

"You're making us even more worried", Fluttershy pointed out.

"That's Twilight's notebook! She is not okay! She isn't mean! There is something wrong with everyone who destroyed the crystal! I need to find out what is happening! I need to save her and all of our friends!" Sunset was crying.

Then she suddenly stopped, "that is, everyone except you Applejack. Why is it that when you destroyed the crystal you didn't go mad?"

"Uhm.. well... you see... I kept it."

"YOU KEPT IT?" Sunset was shocked.

"I kindaaa did too!" Rainbow said pulling out her crystal.

"Don't ask how but I have one too", Fluttershy pulled out a pink one.

"You all have been keeping crystals? Wait does that mean Discord contacted you?"

"It doesn't matter how I got it! Why don't you ask Rainbow how she got hers?"

"Hey, no fair! I grabbed it at the Ministry when Fluttershy was telling us how she liked Discord!" Rainbow defended herself.

"Fluttershy likes Discord?" Applejack said even though she wasn't surprised.


"Okay, okay, maybe that's good!" Sunset tried to calm down, "after all everyone who destroyed theirs became mean!"

"Maybe crystals have a curse on them?" Applejack suggested.

"No, then it would affect them as soon as they broke it!" Sunset explained.


"So we can't know why it happened?" Rainbow asked.

"No..." Sunset was sad.

"What if one of us breaks it and the rest guard to see what or who messed up with it?"

"That's way too dangerous!"

"Well I volounteer!" Rainbow said.

"No!" Applejack tried to stop her but it was too late, Rainbow oulled out her wand and destroy the crystal.

"Great!" Sunset facepalmed.

"There isn't other way and we have to find out! We don't have time!"

"Alright, so we will guard Rainbow in turns while I find out how to get crystals back." Sunset tried fo be calm.


"I don't think there is a need for that", Fluttershy pointed out, "what's that page in Twilight's journal that's marked?"

"Oh, I didn't notice that, let's see", Sunset opened it, "turns out the crystals are called Elements of Harmony and they are all connected! Both to each other and to one person! Each Element represents one virtue that the person they are connected to has!"

She looked at the drawing before continuing: "there are 6 known elements: laughter, generosity, honesty, loyalty, kidness and magic. 7th unknown. To it's contrast is also the element of chaos. Or so the legends says. No one knows if all elements exist but united they hold great power! Power can only be destroyed by element of chaos and vice versa!"

"It also says they can only be repaired if each is worn by their person and if they are united!"

"Maybe we still can help our friends!" Applejack was hopeful.

"We just need to find the last crystal and hope putting them back together will break whatever spell was casted on them! Now the only problem is where do we start?"

____

Rarity and Applejack were taking a walk. After talk with Sunset, the girls let her take time to think of their next step. They need to be alert at all times and Applejack thought it would be good idea to check on the rest of their friends who have broken their crystals. Fluttershy stayed nearby Rainbow Dash just in case to guard.

"Have you noticed Rainbow Dash being distant lately?" Rarity asked.

"No?" Applejack was confused.

"Well it seems to me she is becoming so occupied with our adventures that she forgets to make time just for you."

"Are you seriously trying to pin Rainbow and me against each other?" She lost it. How could her best friend even think about saying something like that.

Rarity was offended at Applejack not believing her: "I am just saying what I see! But if you don't want to trust me then don't come back crying to me when you realize I was right!"


Rarity stormed off while Applejack facepalmed. She stays outside for few more minutes thinking about everything that's happening. That is before she remembered they left Fluttershy guard Rainbow Dash. She quickly ran.

______

Meanwhile Rainbow and Fluttershy were at Hogwarts.

"Are you sure it was a good idea to leave you here with me in case something happens? I mean, no offense, but you aren't the most courageous person I know", Rainbow tried to ask.

"Not taken. And I ask myself that every passing second. What if someone attacks us?" Fluttershy was terrified.

"Relax! They can't get past both of us!" She decided to reassure her.


They continued to walk the hallways when suddenly Fluttershy slipped and fell into water.

"Ouch!"

"Who ever spilled water around this part of the hall?" Rainbow was annoyed.

"Would it be okay if I go change into something dry?"

"Sure. I'll call in case of an emergency."

____

Fluttershy changed her clothes and was going back to meet Rainbow Dash when she heard her scream.

"Oh no! Rainbow!"

She ran as fast as she could and arrived just in time to see a person put a spell on Rainbow Dash.

"Wait! You did this to them?" Fluttershy was shocked.

"I may have learnt a spell or two before breaking Candence and Shining Armor out of Azkaban!" the girl said.

"But what did you do to them? And why am I not surprised, Mel", Fluttershy was angry.

"The same thing I'll do to you once I break that crystal off your necklace!" Mel was determined.

A duel broke out.