• ...
7
 49
 1,346

Know your enemy

“Talking”

YELLING

Thinking

Telepathic link

Songs

Flashback

"Transformation Index


Know your enemy


OP - "WE HAVE A CITY TO BURN" by Aram Zero

"Hi," Sunset said as she approached the entrance, "Are you the new girls I'm supposed to show around?" she asked. Stepping out of the shadows, Adagio, Sonata, and Aria all walked over to her.

"We are," Adagio responded with a sinister grin and look as her companions stood behind her.

"Canterlot High is a great school," Sunset said, "You're really going to love it here," she added as she walked towards the school hallways.

"Oh yes," Adagio replied as they all began to follow her, "We really sense there's something… magical about this place…" she said with a smirk.

As a few students were still lurking around the halls, Sunset was still showing Adagio and the girls around as less kids remained.

"That's the science lab, computer lab is in there," she pointed out, "Oh!" she said, noticing a showcase poster on the wall, "We're having a big musical showcase this weekend! The whole school is pretty much rallying around it," she told the girls. Adagio let out a small gasp.

“Yo Sunny.” Dustin called out, catching Sunset, Adagio, Aria and Sonata’s attention.

"Hey, Dustin, over here", Sunset called out, waving her arm.

"Hey," Dustin said, walking over to her, "How's the tour coming?"

"It's fine so far," Sunset said, "Oh! I should introduce you! This is Adagio," she said, gesturing towards the puffy-haired girl,

"That's Aria," she said, gesturing to the pigtailed girl, "And that's Sonata," she said gesturing towards the ponytailed girl.

“So, these are the new girls eh?” Dustin eyed the girls. Adagio notices the Digitrix on Dustin’s watch.

“Nice smart watch, new model?” Adagio said, making Dustin look to the Digitrix

“Uh…You can say that.” Dustin said with a chuckle.

"What are you up to?" Sunset asked.

"Heading to Tia’s office right now," Dustin replied, "Speaking of which, better not keep her waiting.” Dustin then looks to Sonata, Aria and Adagio. “Nice meeting you ladies.”

"So, about that showcase…" Sunset began to say as the two boys had left.

"We have been known to sing from time to time," Aria admitted as she was checking the nails on her hand.

"Hello?" Sonata said sarcastically, "We sing, like, all the time! It's how we get people to do what we want," she said mysteriously. Adagio looked angrily back at Sonata, gesturing to tell her to keep quiet as she gritted her teeth.

"Wha-What did I say?" she asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"What you meant to say was that being in a musical showcase sounds like a great way to meet other students!" Adagio said for Sonata, while Aria glared angrily at the ponytailed girl for almost blowing their cover.

"Ohhhh, yeah," Sonata agreed with a nervous laugh, "Th-What she said I meant to say. That's what I meant to say." Aria scoffed at the remark.

"And what you would have said if you weren't the worst," Aria retorted.

"You are!" Sonata argued.

"You'll have to excuse them," Adagio said with an annoyed look, "They're idiots."

"Hmph," they both replied, ending the argument. Sunset didn't know what to do or say after witnessing a feud like that, but she then noticed the necklaces the girls were wearing, and how they all matched. She laughed nervously as she glanced at them.

"Those are pretty," she said, about to reach at Adagio's gem, "Where did you-" Sunset was immediately interrupted as Adagio grabbed her arm before she could even touch the gem.

However, she let go with a sorry look on her face.

"Sorry," she said with a laugh, "These pendants mean an awful lot to us. We'd just hate for anything to happen to them," she said. She and Aria then walked off, while Sonata stayed before being grabbed by her companion. Sunset raised an eyebrow and scratched at her chin as she began to comprehend what she just witnessed.


Meanwhile


As the dazzling’s walked away, a beeping sound wad heard, and Adagio pulled out a purple hand held device, and with a click of a button, a hologram of Decibus was seen.

“Just thought I check on you ladies, have you made it in the school?” Decibus asked.

“Yes. It seems they plan on performing a musical showcase here.” Adagio said, to which Decibus smiled in intrigue.

“You don’t say. Well, how about we mix it up, if you catch my drift.” Decibus said, to which Adagio and Aria smiled evilly, but Sonata was still unsure about Decibus.

“Oh, and Sonata…” Decibus said, surprising Sonata a bit. “Next time, I suggest you let Adagio or Sonata do the talking. Honestly you do not think before speaking.” Decibus said to which Sonata scoffed at, but Adagio and Aria ignored her response.

“Good suggestion, boss man. I think its best we just duct tape her mouth shut until the event.” Aria said to Sonata, who just grumbles in anger.

“So, I suppose you have an idea about this “showcase”?” Adagio asked Decibus, who had an evil grin visible on his visor.

“Indeed I do. Now, here is the plan.” Decibus said as the three girls paid close attention.


Dustin’s POV

I walked near the principal's office before knocking.

“Come in.” Celestia called out.

When I entered, I see Principal Celestia at her desk, while Vice Principal Luna and Allister were beside her.

“You wanted to see me?” I asked as Celestia motioned for me to enter. After I walked in I took a seat.

“Before you ask, you are not in any trouble. But there is some pressing matters we need to discuss.” Celestia said, confusing me a bit.

“About?” Allister then held out his hand, a small holographic screen appearing above it, showing a graph of some kind.

“Last night, a massive energy spike was detected on the outskirts of Canterlot City. The only cause of such an abnormal energy spike to appear is a Digital Life form.”

When Allister said that, it shocked me.

“But that’s not our only concern.” Vice Principal Luna said as the screen on Allister's hand showed video footage of a bunch of teens arguing in a diner. What I noticed was a strange green mist.

“Whoa! I don’t know what’s causing that whole argument fest, but I bet its either something magical, or something from cyberspace.”

“I looked through the video footage multiple tines, and at first, I doubt it was magic. But then I heard this.” Allister said as he played what sounds like a group of girls singing a beautiful song. That surprised me more, and further raises my curiosity.

“When I heard that, I figured that was magical. But that wasn’t the only audio I’ve picked up. About a few minutes later, I gathered this.” Allister said as he then played something that sounded like a mix of baroque and dubstep.

The music lasted for a few seconds before stopping.

“Yeesh, who would make such ear garbage?” I said with a groan.

“There is only one person I know who makes such music.” Allister said as another holographic image appeared on his hand. It was a man dressed in a dark grey bodysuit with a matching coat over it, a silver chest plate, black gauntlets with purple lights on them, and a black helmet with a purple tinted visor. He also wore metal gloves. The visor on his helmet was black.

“This is Decibus. And trust me when I say that he has quite a reputation in both cyberspace, and the real world. And not in a good way either.”

I then began to put the pieces together.

“Is this why you guys called me here?” The three nod at this. “So, what’s so special about his music?”

“Decibus is a man who uses sound and music at his disposal. Decibus’ music affects people, triggering negative emotions such as fear, rage, sorrow, torment, heartbreak, etc. But as for the music heard in the diner, I'm not sure what the source was, but I’m certain it would have grabbed Decibus’ attention. And I fear he may already have it to his advantage.” Allister finished explaining, and I processed this information handed to me.

“And if this guy is as troublesome as you say, than I bet he and the source of that singing would definitely be catastrophic.”

“Fortunately, I do know something that can counter the effects.” Allister said before he grabbed my wrist where the Digitrix is before tapping the screen a few times before it let out a beep.

“New Transformation unlocked.” The Digitrix said as Allister let go. I looked at the Digitrix’s screen and saw the new transformation.

“Well? Give it a whirl.” Celestia said to me, surprising me a bit.

“Huh?” I asked in confusion “You mean, right now?”

“Absolutely.” Luna said with a nod. I look to Allister, and he nodded too. I stood from my chair before tapping the screen, triggering the transformation.

My body was then surrounded by a ring of strangely colored Bar Code, making an egg shaped dome as my skin began to glow so my entire body was now a shining silhouette of white light. Two rectangular 'plates' appear before surrounding my glowing form, one in front and the other behind, both standing vertical before moved towards each other, squashing around me as if I were in a press mold.

Images of punk rocker style clothing then appeared out of nowhere and fused onto his body before the 'mold' suddenly exploded and my new form fell through the air and landed on a small square platform with the Digitrix Symbol before tailoring a guitar with an axe blade and strumming it’s strings.

What I turned into was what looked like a punk rocker dressed in a black leather jacket that was left open, Black leather pants with matching leather boots, my hair was blond and spiked with a long ponytail, in my hands was a red electric guitar with axe blades that resembled bat wings, two speakers mounted on my shoulders, a pair of sunglasses that resembled those worn by Kamina from Gurren Lagann, and the Digitrix symbol is on the center of my chest.

"JAMMER!" I yelled out while strumming the strings of my guitar as the 'egg' of Data surrounding him then dissipated revealing the new being to the world.


(Transformation Index)
Name: Jammer
Species: Symphoid
Jammer is a transformation that definitely loves to rock all night. It reflects Dustin at its fullest and love of music because it is a part of the heart and emotion of music. Jammer can manipulate and generate music, can gain different abilities by listening to or playing different kinds of music, can project emotions onto others by playing music, he can even turn sound into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence.


I looked to myself, and needless to say, I couldn’t describe this new form
“Whoa, Killer!” I said with a grin.

“I’m quite impressed.” Celestia said with a smile.

“But, how does this help with our issue at hand?” Luna asked Allister.

“You see, Jammer comes from a race known as the Symphoids from the Sight called Musempath. There are multiple variants of the species based on each genre of music. This form named Jammer can utilize music in a variety of ways, including affecting a person’s mood. Making him the perfect tool to counter Decibus”s plans.” Allister said as I pressed the symbol, changing back to normal.

“And, I feel that Decibus may find a way into the showcase.” Allister said, surprising me, Luna and Celestia. Celestia then looks to me.
“I assume you’re about to ask if you can use Jammer in the Showcase, correct.” Celestia asked to me.

“The thought never crossed my mind, but I think that may be a necessary idea.” I said to the Celestia, who nods with a smile.

“Well, as long as you don’t cause any trouble with that new for, then I will allow it.” Celestia said, and Luna nods in agreement.

“If Tia is alright with this, than so am I.” Luna said with a smile to me. Allister nods in agreement as well.

“So, is that all you want to discuss?” I asked the three, and Celestia nods.

“That will be all. We’ll let you know if we have any new info. Also, I advise you to inform your friends about this, but nobody else is to know of this. Understand?” Celestia asked to me with a serious look, to which I nod a bit nervously.

“Absolutely, you can count on me.” I answered, and Celestia smiled.

“Good.” Then, the bell rang. “You best meet with the others at the Cafeteria.”

And with that, I rose from my seat and exited the office, leaving the three behind.