• Published 25th Aug 2020
  • 1,277 Views, 19 Comments

A Stone Reborn - Ghost Alvasa



A child saved by his grandmother who set out to write his own story as a Second Gen Displaced...

  • ...
5
 19
 1,277

Royality

Author's Note:

So here's the next chapter of this guys. So far you appear to have been enjoying Bright Stone's story. I would very much appreciate it if you guys would leave me feed back on this. I'm trying to do something much more original with Bright's Story. But not getting a lot of feed back outside likes. If you would please comment that would be very much appreciated.

Tell next time guys.

ALVASA OUT!!!

A few days after Nightmare Moon's return...

“My fire is extinct.”

CLANG!

“And my forge is decayed, “

CLANG!

“By the side of the bench”

CLANG!

“My old vise is laid.”

CLANG!

“My anvil and hammer”

CLANG!

“Lie gathering dust,”

CLANG!

“My powerful bellows”

CLANG!

“Have lost all their thrust.”

CLANG!

“My coal is now spent,”

CLANG!

“My iron’s all gone,”

CLANG!

“My last nail’s been driven,“

CLANG!

“And my day’s work is done.“

HISSS

Stone pulled a new piece of equipment from his oil. He brought the piece close to his face and looked over the smoke metal heavily scrutinizing it through his goggles, "Hmmm... Well, it's not my best but it will do for what I need it for until I can get the right materials to make proper tools to replace the old ones."

The continuous back-to-back use of all of his tools daring the events of Nightmare Moon slash Princess Luna's return had not drastically burnt out the pieces due to the overuse of the arcane rune magic on them. They still worked and could use the runes but it wouldn't hold up for much longer if he had an explosion or if anything caught on fire in his forge. Ponies didn't realize that a forge catching on fire was actually more common than they thought, even for well-seasoned blacksmiths, but that's one of the main reasons why Stone enchanted his tools. He did so in order to contain the fires to his forge and keep them from spreading. And due to his current ones being badly damaged he needed to replace his current ones immediately thus his work.

"You have a wonderful singing voice," came a voice.

Elsewhere...

Crystal Hymn was out walking as she sang a sang very familiar to the trio of her current household.

*CLAPPING!*

Crystal Hymn looked over the see Fluttershy. "That was beautiful!"

"Hello, Fluttershy and thank you very much," Crystal smiled at the yellow caretaker with a white rabbit on her head.

"I've never heard that song before," Fluttershy walked over. "What are you doing out here all alone?"

"I don't think many creatures have. It's a song from our home after all. It was passed down through the generations and it's usually song in celebrations of accomplishments but mainly in the mead halls about the found of Stalliongrad," Crystal sat down under a tree. "As for what I'm doing out here, I just wanted some time to think and I do my best thinking when I'm singing. I know you live close to us and the forest but what are you doing all the way out here? It's a good ways away from the homesteads."

"You have a lovely voice. Is it your talent to sing? " Fluttershy asks while Crystal nodded. "You should do it more often. As for why I'm here I was just coming back from bringing a few animals back to their burrows and nests."

"I used top sing all the time back home," Crystal sighed. "It got to the point my father started to present me every time there was a banquet or some pony getting married," She looked up to the skies. "I love to sing but as time went on it became more of a job or spectacle than my special talent and I couldn't stand to do so I stopped and when I did that my father decided if I wasn't going to keep up my role as a noble as a publicity stunt then it was time to marry me off."

Fluttershy gasped, as did Angle bunny, "He aranged for you to get married to somepony you didn't know? I thought that was illegal?"

"Not necessarily illegal as vastly looked down upon unless your a noble that is," Crystal flopped back spring her wings and reaching up to the sky. "I was only maybe fifteen pegasi in the mounts of our home so you can imagine what happened next..." she let her arm fall and cover her eyes.

"I can only imagine you had a lot of suitors show up," Fluttershy tapped her shin as the bunny nodded completely agreeing.

'Yes," Crystal confirmed with a crack in her throat. "But I turned every last pony down, even the good ones I knew that were good stallions to he core..." tears ran down the sides of her face.

"But if you knew some of the ones that well then why did you you turn them down?" The caretaker was confused while the bunny slapped himself in the face with his tiny paw.

"Fluttershy..." Crystal sat up. "What I am about to say can't be told to anypony okay? Do you promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye I won't tell any creature about this," Fluttershy and Angle both motioned while Crystal raised an eyebrow. "Its a Pinkie promise and you can't ever brake it with out consequences."

"EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRR.........." Whispered a pink demon's voice on a gust of wind.

"I'll hold you to it then," Crystal had grown up around many strange thing most ponies would consider out of the norm and learned from day one, 'Don't question Pinkie or anything Pinkier does, it's just Pinkie being Pinkie,'.

"I turned them down because I..."

Back at the forge...

Stone looked to see Princess Celestia standing outside his forge. "Welcome to Concerto, how may I help you?" He noticed the guards where all a good ways off but that there was also a faint remnants of a soundproofing spell in the air

"I'm looking for Bright Stone," The princess said sternly. "He is the blacksmith after all. Are you his apprentice?"

"You're looking at him Princess," Stone replied in turn as he took a new piece of metal and place it inside his forge, and pumped the bellows, raising the temperature of his fire to heat the new piece of metal.

"You sound different than the other night when we last spoke," Celestia as she tried to come in but quickly found herself block by a shield. "Why can't I enter?"

"I'm clearly not exhausted anymore you can't come in because you're not allowed to," Stone said as he pulled the metal from the forge and began to beat it.

CLANG!

"It's an enchantment to keep the likes of thieves and anything I don't want in here," Stone explained.

CLANG!

Sparks flew as Stone struck the hot metal. They had out toward the princess but were caught by his barrier and kept inside the forge where they quickly died. "There is another enchantment to keep the heat and flames inside. Now, what can I do for you?"

CLANG!

Stone switched to s smaller hammer and bang to pick up his pace in shaping the metal.

"I have come to thank you for the part you played in saving my sister and have come to discuss acceptance as the newest prince of Equestria," She placed a hand on her chest. "After all it's not every day an alicorn is found and even more a male. Even impressive is the fact that you are and Arcane Arts user and enchanter. We are all look-"

"Yea no," Stone said flatly as he works and grabs the large hammer again.

CLANG!

"That's gonna very hard pass,"

CLANG!

"What?!" Celestia said in shock as her wings sprang open.

He set the large hammer down and summoned his tongs and place the metal piece back in the forge and pumped the bellows again. "I am not royalty nor will I ever be royalty and before you go into a rant about how it's my responsivity let me ask you this," He looked up to the princess, "Where exactly does it say that I have the responsibility to be royalty? I never asked for it and I don't want it. I will not have it forced upon me either."

He pulled the hot metal for the forge and thrust it into the quench tank. The oil let out a hiss as steam filled the forge as he looked over his work. "Looks good," he set the piece off to the side next to the last one and then places a much smaller piece of metal in this time around.

"Tell us why thou hast turned down the crown," came a new voice. Stone turns his head to now see Princess Luna standing next to her big sister.

"So, you're in love with Bright Stone," Fluttershy said, cutting Crystal off as she petted Angel as he'd come over and hopped on her lap.

"Isn't that obvious," Crystal sighed.

"It more than likely is for most ponies but I haven't really spent much time around you or Bright Stone when you two were in the same area," Fluttershy pointed out. "Most of the times I've seen you two you looked rather annoyed with him. I always got the feeling that you two have more of a sibling relationship then two ponies who deeply love each other if I am to be totally honesty."

"I think that's how Stone sees it too," Crystal sat up and pulled her legs to her body and wrapped her arms around them.

"And you turned down every marriage proposal your father set up because of that and once he said your choice was either pick somepony or he would do it for you," Fluttershy leaned forward slightly causing the bunny to hop off her lap.

"He gave me a month," Crystal tighten her grip. "That was... nearly a month before I left Stalliongrad with Stone and Mystic. I left a note saying I was leaving and that headed for Abysssiania. I took some treasure and head out that morning before anypony was awake. I met with Bright and Mystic on the road and... that's it... I left..."

"Do Bright Stone and Mrs. Hammer know that you ran away?" Fluttershy asked concerned for her friend sake only getting a silent slow nod.

"I told them about during our arrival here but not the entire thing but neither of them pressed any further," Crystal sniffled. "They know my father, especially since Mystic did frequent jobs for my father. He always tried to wooh her too," She scoffed. "My father wasn't and isn't a bad stallion but he wasn't without his own forced arrogance either. The only real reason they kept me around after I was born was because I was a Pegasus."

"What do you mean Crystal? They?" Fluttershy was confused. "He's your father, even if he's a noble I would think he'd still want you around seeing as you're his daughter."

"I was born to a traders caravan family," Crystal looked away. "My mother wasn't a true noblewoman and I was the result of a party that my parents attended together.," She sighed as she let go of her legs and looked at Fluttershy. "Don't get me wrong Fluttershy, my father did care for and love my mother at one point and time. Though that was when he was still young and stupid according to him and my grandparents and my at the time step-mother. Nonetheless, my mother found out she was pregnant and came to see him and he did want to be with her but..."

"By the time you mother came by he was already in an arrangement for marriage," Fluttershy said softly and Crystal nodded again.

"Yes. And he said he would care for us and would make a herd just to be with her but the head mare never approved," Crystal said as Angel hopped in her lap now. She smiled and stroked the let white demon bunny," My father did get her a job in town to keep her close and then time drew near and my mother showed signs of me but there was no stallion in the picture other than the occasional drop in from my father, so naturally my grandparents and his then wife grew to find out what was happening. They confronted my mother forced her to stay at the family home until I was born took me from her as I was still a half their blood and pegasus. Then they had my father... educated."

"What happened to your mother?" Fluttershy voice croaked.

"I honestly don't know," Crystal shook her head. "My father came home a hardened stallion according to the house staff I'd spoken with. They also told me that he was still very kind to me, especially when my grandparents and step-mother weren't looking. I can honestly say he and the staff at the house were my only family," She sighed. "My grandparents died before I could really remember anything and not long after my father divorced my step-mother and had several things in place to keep her and her family from laying claim to me or my family's assets."

"Did you or your father ever... fight or try looking for your mother?" Fluttershy said wit ha dryness in her voice.

"I asked him once if we could find her and he merely turned away to hide the tears that rolled down his face," Crystal looked at the ground. "I don't think my grandparent or step-mother kept any traces of her and even forced her to leave the country. The truth is simple for me, he gave up hope of finding her a longtime ago."

"I see and thank you for telling me all this," Fluttershy placed hand on Crystal's. "I think she'll find you or you her some day. as for Bright Stone," She looked at Crystal with a profound gaze. "I think you should tell him how you feel about him. Even if he does and never sees you then same way you'll feel better knowing you don't have to hide it anymore."

"I'm not exactly hiding it Fluttershy," Crystal said with a hard blush. "It's just that he's very... dense and when it come to a lot of things he is single minded."

"Most males are," Flutershy remarked with a simple roll of the eyes and both girls giggle. Angel rubbed his chin in thought and then merely shrugged and agreed.

"Thanks for the talk Fluttershy and I will tell him soon but just not right away," Crystal hugged her friend then pulled back. "As for my mother, I think I will start looking. I may reach out to some of my friends back home that I know can keep things about me a secret. I don't want my father catching wind of my scent. He'll know I 'll keep in touch with them but he won't be able to get my location from them either."

They giggled then a flash of light caught their attention. "What are the royal guards doing here?" Fluttershy asked totlally confused as she tilted her heard while she and Crystal saw serval gold ammoed ponies on the farm closer to the homestead.

"Princess Luna," Bright looked to the Lunar mother. "How are you faring in this age milady."

"Tis a struggle with speech and History of the current era," Luna sighed as her wings dropped in a pout but quickly recovered herself. "But that is not out our reason for seeing on this day. We ask thee again, why hath thou refused thine rightful place as royalty. Tis an alicorn's duty to lead the-"

"It's not a duty of any kind for me to lead because of what I was born as," Stone pulled his piece of metal from the fire with his tongs and held it on his anvil. Stone hit the piece once with his large hammer.

BANG!

Taking his smaller hammer he began his work of drawing out the piece of iron into a cylinder fairly quickly.

CLANG!
CLANG!
CLANG!
CLANG!
CLANG!
CLANG!
CLANG!

The speeds at which the blacksmith was working would've have thoroughly shocked any pony who'd seen this for the first time, leaving them with their mouths on the ground for sure. The sisters however were indeed shocked at the speed he was working but for another reason. Celsetia had never seen such skill or speed in her many years on the throne. Luna never recalled a smith with such skill before her banishment.

The way Stone was working with such skill, speed and precision with something that very few had barely scratched the surface of in olden times. Celestia in all her years of ruling had yet to come across a blacksmith able to match the craftsmanship the Reachmen, except for one that stood above all of them but all her efforts into finding this rumored smith had always ended in failure. Only nobles told her of the vague appearance they'd heard of as they'd never met with the blacksmith personally. He would always send a proxy and never the same pony apparently. That's went it hit her, she recalled the one rumor of how he had eyes of golden amber like that of the flame of a forge itself and then she recalled all she'd witnessed just now, Stone's hammer, and most importantly Stone's eyes the night they first met. She added it all togehter

"You're the Smith of the Reach." Celestia said.

Stone's hammer stopped and he looked up at the solar diarch as did her younger sister. "The Smith of the Reach?" she tilted her head. "Tell us dear sister, of this 'Smith of the Reach'."

"In the eastern mountains ranges that border the Frozen North there is a stretch of mountains the border each other called the Reach and in the higher peaks there is a former settlement of Nordic ponies," Celestial explained. "Now it is The Great Stone Fortresse City of Stalliongrad."

"Those ponies are still up there after all this time. Nay they should've been forced down into the lower areas in order to survive," Luan said in out right shock., "We only estimated that they'd last a few generations up there due to the beast that stalked the area and the much more eradicate weather. The very least we thought the campaigns of the church would drive them to seek other lands back to wince they had come from."

"No Luna," Celestia shook her head. "I owe that city much for actually being the one city to completely deny the church and the ideocracy of solar conformation. They were much more resilient than even we thought. When the church came they stood their ground and had already built the great walls that surround the city now. They wiped out every last church zealot until none were left. As they did they gained a following form our ponies until the Church of the Sun was outright stomped out of existents completely. I made sure to destroy any stragglers myself."

"We see," Luna was even more shocked at this. "Tine made the correct choice on this sister. But back to our stallion here, why is he known as the Smith of the Reach? He's is a great smith indeed but for him to have such a well known title at such an age is unheard of. It take smiths many years to become master of their crafts even with a cutie mark in this field."

"He is simply that skilled sister," Celestia said as she looked at Bright Stone. "Many of the pieces in the halls and homes of the current nobles are done by the Smith of the Reach. He is so well known for his skill and work that many nobles seek him out on their own, hoping to see who he is so they can acquire him for themselves but the smith never meets in the flesh and always uses a proxy in his stead and never the some pony or creature twice." She looked at Stone. "My question is when and how did you ascend? Especially with out my notice?"

BANG!

Stone his his hammer so hard on the anvil and force that he sent flames outward in all directions. Runes activated and kept the fire in and all of the guards rushed in, spears drawn. One specifically was at the head of the pack. A white unicorn with a blue streaked mane and in mainly purple and gold TriMed roman style armor, On his chest was a shied with a purple starburst on it with three cyan five point stars above each point of the shield.

"Princesses Get behind my shield," He said as he threw up a pink bubble.

"There is no need to worry your horn off," Stone's voice came from inside the flaming shop as the runes glowed an the fire was sucked into the forge. "You honestly think I wouldn't have such measure in place, " the smith remarked as he walked out and pulled his googles and out coverings off to reveal his white fur.

"Don't get me wrong pretty boy," the head pony scowled. "My job as guard captain is to protect the princesses at all costs and I damn well am gonna do it. Even if you have safety measures put up. I have my own reason for coming here today too?"

"And what would that reason be captain?" Stone let his sparkling silver hair down from the binding he kept it in while her forged.

"I wanted to thank you for saving this town, my sister and her friends, and princess Luna," the captain bowed.

"Sister?" Bright Stone raised an eyebrow.

"Bright Stone," Celestia cleared her throat. "This is Captain Shining Armor, older brother to my person student Twilight Sparkle."