• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 735 Views, 17 Comments

The Experiments - SapphireRose87



My name is Experiment Henry and I'm from a place called Lab 14. Lab 14 wants me to go on some sort of adventure, why I don't know.

  • ...
16
 17
 735

4) It's a Trap!

Before Henry, Sarah, Milton, Marin and Janes adventures continue there is a small story that needs to be told. When the four of them woke up, they didn’t wake up in Equestria and they didn’t wake up on a planet called earth. As a matter of fact they woke up in a place that isn’t a universe at all! The place that they woke up is called In Between. In Between was built by several gods a long time ago.

There were two reasons why the gods built In Between. The first reason was so that the gods could travel to other universes without worrying that there would be too many gods in that universe. Each universe can have only so many gods to rule over it. A universe can be destroyed if there are too many gods in it because there would be too much power in that universe and it would be sucked into something that the gods call a black hole and would disappear forever. So to keep that from happening the gods set up barriers around each universe they rule over. This barrier keeps other gods away from another god’s or gods’ territory, otherwise there would be too much power in one universe.

In Between has different gates that the gods connected to it so other gods could travel into other universes. When a god enters into another universe, they open a special type of portal. This leads them through In Between. The gods travel through this place to get into another universe, bypassing the barrier altogether.

However all of the gods that built In Between agreed that a god that’s from another universe that travels to that universe will only stay in it for no more than two days, because even though In Between was built, the gods still worried about the whole barrier issue.

The other reason that In Between was built was so the gods could share information with each other. The way the gods can share information is through the gates that connect to In Between.

The gods that built In Between and turned their gates that connect their universes to it into forests and in order to keep In Between working properly they put some of their power into the trees in the forest. After the forest they created cities and allowed so of the creatures the different universes that are connected to In Between to take up being a resident in this place. No one knows why the gods created In Between to be that way. So the traveling pattern for In Between is city forest city.

For some reason when In Between was built it became a universe. The rule that the first ever gods that came into that set in stone was that every universe needs a god or lesser beings called demigods to rule over it. The consequences are If there is no one ruling over a universe then that universe dies and it doesn’t get sucked into a black hole with that type of death it just fades away.

None of the gods or demigods that were alive already volunteered to rule over In Between so three centuries ago In Between started to grow weak and the gods worried about In Between fading away. If In Between were to fade away there would be no way for the gods to travel into other universes. Or to share information with each other. That would happen no matter how much power the gods put inside their gates.

Everyone that lived inside In Between or traveled into different universes themselves knew that there are no gods to rule over In Between that’s why labs like lab 14 and other labs set up shop to be able to do whatever they wanted and not have to face the consequences after they did so.

In Between is a universe without a god and there was nothing that the gods could do to stop Lab 14 from doing their evil things. The reason for that is because a god that’s ruling over a universe can only take care of problems that happen in their universe and not in another god’s universe. Because In Between is considered a universe, the gods that built the place could not take care of the problems that pop up with In Between. Since none of the other gods themselves wanted the job of ruling over In Between, there’s nothing any god can do about the labs that have set up shop there.

As Lab 14 did their testing on the children that they stolen from their cribs, figured out that when a creature specifically is next to one of the trees in the gates of In Between when they sit next to a tree for more than a half hour the power mixes with that creature's blood and it makes them stronger. This happens especially if a creature has magic in them. If that creature gets stronger from the magic of the tree they can die after that. However they don’t die permanently, they come back with their powers twice as strong. This cycle of death and life can happen several times. However the limit for how times that can happen is ten. After that the creature's life is extended and they are practically immortal. For some reason a lot of creatures that have become strong because of being beside the trees only die up to three times before they leave the tree. There were two creatures called humans that did reach the tenth death lived for over a million years! Their names are Josephine and Alexander.

Unfortunately once a decision by the gods has been made it can not be taken back, it’s already set in stone. So the gods decided to have the very first God Con by meeting inside In Between and it was at God Con that they decided to issue something that they called The God Challenge it’s for every creature that lived inside In Between to chop down a tree in the forest of this place.

Even though Josephine and Alexander are the two longest living beings to ever live in In Between, it was only because of drawing out the magic from the trees. The only way they were able to do that was because they had magic but very little magic. Not enough magic to be considered a god or demigod for that matter. Even if a creature becomes strong from the magic of the trees doesn't mean that they have enough power to become one of the gods. Josephine and Alexander took on The God Challenge themselves and because they had little magic they failed.

Little did everyone know that at the first God Con all of the gods that were there had seen a vision of two demigods being born. After seeing that vision they also saw another vision of the same demigods chopping down one of the trees in one of the gates. Then the demigods would ascend to full fledged godhood and they would rule over In Between and the gods would not have to worry about In Between being wiped out.

The two gods that would rule In Between would have no idea that they were demigods in the first place. One of the demigods would live inside of In Between gates, and that demigod would have no idea that they died over and over again. The other demigod would be brought from another universe and would die over and over again because of growing up in Lab 14.

The reason why this story is being told so early in the adventures of Henry, Sarah, Milton, Martin and Jane, is that In Between is where all of them woke up as part of one of Lab 14’s experiments. Lab 14 is looking for an answer to their question. What exactly Lab 14 and other labs that are set up are looking for no one knows except for the heads of those labs. Oh and to add onto that, one of the demigods would be in the group that has Henry, Sarah, Milton, Martin and Jane that are going on adventures together. But only the gods know who the demigod is. So until the two demigods came onto the scene to help save In Between the gods would have to sit tight and wait for them to arrive...

* * *

After the conversation with Princess Celestia I had a problem with the fact that Princess Celestia was able to keep track of us and where we were. To me it seemed like it was way too easy for her to pop up and save us like she’s done a couple of times.

“Well,” said Milton, “at least we have somepony on our side!”

“I don’t know,” I said, “Princess Celestia did save us a few times but, it almost seemed way too convenient for her to just pop up.”

“That may be true,” said Milton, “it seems that she’s trying to help out. And she doesn’t call us ‘Experiments’ either! So maybe we should trust her until she gives us a reason not to!”

“Fine,” I said, “I’ll go along with it for now, but I definitely don’t trust Cora and possibly Princess Celestia!”

“Sorry,” said Sarah, “it’s four against one on that!”

* * *

Cora had been pacing back and forth trying to figure a way to get her experiments back.

“Agent, Rarity,” said Cora, “this is bad! This is very bad!”

“What’s wrong Head Cora?” Agent Rarity said.

“Agent Rarity,” said Cora, “I need you to go and bring the Experiments back!”

“How many Experiments have woken up?” Agent Rarity said.

“Five that we know of,” said Cora, “Experiment Aria is supposed to wake up soon. And I should be able to track her with her old tracker until it pops out of her ear.”

“Is that why you’re pacing back and forth?” Agent Rarity said.

This is bad, thought Cora, if I’m this worried!

“Head Cora!” A voice said from the computer screen. “Head Cora come in!”

Cora turned on the main computer to see Jade Summer’s with an evil grin on his face.

I know that smile, Cora thought, Agent Jade is up to something!

“I have captured Experiment Aria just right before she woke up!” Jade said.

“Agent Jade,” said Cora, “I know what that look you’re giving me! What are you up to?”

“Oh nothing,” said Jade, “I have a proposal for you.”

“What is it?” Cora said.

“I think, Experiment Aria,” said Jade, “is the perfect bait for the other experiments don’t you think?”

“Where are you Agent Jade?” Cora said.

“I’m in a hideout that’s behind a waterfall!” Jade said.

“Typical,” said Cora, “you just have to choose that hideout every time didn’t you?”

“In case you didn’t notice,” Jade said, “the last hideout was on the outskirts of Nightdale!”

“That’s because,” said Cora, “we told you to pick that hideout! Because if you didn’t, you wouldn’t get paid!”

“I know, I know,” said Jade, “and I’m going to have a little bit of fun with Experiment Aria just before the experiments get here!”

“Agent Jade,” said Cora, “I’m warning you, if you kill Experiment Aria I’ll have your head!”

“Oh no,” said Jade, “I was just thinking that I’d break her so she doesn’t get the courage to run off with the other Experiments!”

“I guess that could work,” said Cora, “I just want all the experiments back!”

At the end of the call with Jade, Discord popped up floating in the air drinking a soda and after he was done, he threw it behind him and it popped as if someone set off a firecracker.

Cora rolled her eyes, “Agent Discord what do you want?”

“Why does everyone think that I want something every time I show up?” Discord said.

“Because,” said Cora, “that’s part of your MO. If you left something at a crime scene, it would probably be a holographic message talking the police to death!”

Discord was still floating in the air curling up in laughter into the shape of a ball.

“Stop laughing Discord!” Cora said. “This is serious business! The Experiments are our property, and we’re getting them back! Period!”

“They’re not property for crying out loud!” Discord said. “They were stolen from their cribs! You didn’t create them! You just tweaked them! And to add onto that took them here off all places! In Between was not created for that reason!”

Cora waved her hand, “Just go away Agent Discord!”

“Wow,” said Discord, “you say that like I’m a pest or something! Okay fine, I’m going!”

Discord snapped his claw and disappeared.

* * *

We had stayed put where we were to wait for Princess Celestia's dog assistant that she was sending us Moria to come.

“Ow! Hey!” Milton said. “What in the hell is biting me?”

I looked down to see a black nose with teeth biting at Milton’s ankle.

“She wouldn’t by chance be a black dog?” Sarah said.

“Hey there little doggy!” Jane looked at it as if it were a baby.

“It’s not a baby Jane,” I said, “as you in case you didn’t notice, but the thing has teeth!”

“Excuse me?” The black dog said.

All of us except Jane shrieked and jumped back Jane however, just looked at the dog as if it were a toy.

“My name is Moria!” The dog said. “I’m Princess Celestia’s assistant! And I’m not a thing!”

“Sorry about that,” I said, “but you were biting Milton’s leg and we only saw a nose with teeth!”

“And I’m sorry about that!” Moria said. “I just bit Milton so I could make sure that I found the right people!”

“How do you have our scent?” I said.

“Princess Celestia worked for Lab 14!” Moria said. “So of course I would have your scent!”

“Oh,” I said, “well that makes sense!”

“Have you eaten yet?” Moria said. “Cause I can help you track down some food!”

Jane pointed to the pile of berries we had sitting on a leaf.

“We just ate,” said Jane, “so we’re fine.”

“Good!” Moria said. “Because we really need to get going, the sisters Willow and Ada will be hot on your trail very soon!”

“How’d you figure that out?” Sarah said. “I head butted Willow!”

“Well that’s gonna buy us some time!” Moria said. “But we should get moving as soon as possible! I see you haven’t found Aria yet but we will soon! I have her scent right up my nose!”

“Gee, thanks?” I said.

“You’re welcome!” Moria said.

This dog’s going to get on my nerves! I can tell! And if I need to, I’ll kill her and cook her for food!

* * *

Moria sniffed the air for the hundredth time.

“I’m not picking up her scent!” Moria said.

“You already said that for the one hundredth time!” I said. “Obviously, she’s not in this forest so let’s move on to the next city!”

At this point I was starting to get very annoyed with her and really wanted to cook her up for food!

Moria shook her head, “Nope, we have to make sure we look over the whole forest! Those are my instructions from Princess Celestia!”

I did a face plan and ran my hand down to my chin.

“What’s that look for?” Milton said.

“This stupid dog is getting on my last nerve!” I said.

“Hey!” Moria said. “We have to get to Aria before Lab 14 does! If I can’t pick up her scent more than likely Lab 14 already has her!”

“And if that happens,” I said, “we could very well be walking into a trap!”

“That is correct,” said Moria, “chances are that I can’t pick up on her scent she’s probably already run into Jade Summer!”

“Jade Summer!” I said. “But I stomped on his chest! He should be practically dead by now!”

“Sorry,” said Moria, “but he’s an Agent for Lab 14 and they have a tendency to make their Agents to be indestructible!”

“Well that’s a shocker!” Milton said.

“Don’t be sarcastic with me!” Moria barked.

“Okay, okay!” Milton said. He then put up his hands as if to say he surrendered.

Sarah looked like she was ready to punch Milton and I stepped in between them, before they started boxing.

“Don’t you dare Sarah!” I said.

“I wasn’t going to do anything,” Sarah said, “I was just going to get Milton to shut up before he says anything stupid!”

“Stupid?” Milton said.

“Shut up you two!” I said. “It’s bad enough the dog is getting on my nerves!”

“Hey!” Moria barked.

“Okay,” said Milton, “everyone stop arguing! We have to find Aria and quick! Not to mention we have to worry about the two sisters Willow and Ada and we also have to worry about Jade Summers!”

“Milton’s right,” said Jane, “if we just take a deep breath and calm down, we’ll find Aria in no time at all! So what if we’re walking into a trap! We’re still going to save Aria and that’s it!”

“And Moria,” I said, “you’ve sniffed this forest just like you did the other one!”

“Wait a second!” Moria barked.

“What?” Jane said. “Did you pick up on Aria’s scent?”

“Yes,” said Moria, “it’s very faint but I’m smelling it right around this waterfall. It’s probably because of the water.”

“It’s about time!” I said.

“Don’t you talk back to me Henry!” Moria said.

“Why me?” I said and then thumped my head on a nearby tree. Jane put a hand on my shoulder and I stopped.

“It’s okay Henry,” said Jane, “we’re going to save Aria.”

“Somehow,” I said, “Aria’s scent is behind a waterfall and it feels like we’re walking into a trap!”

* * *

Once again, Discord popped back up at Lab 14 to pay Cora another visit.

“I was wondering,” said Discord, “what are you going to do once you have the Experiments back?”

“We’ve done this with the Experiments before,” said Cora, “we’ll gather the data and we’ll shut the Experiment down!”

“And how many times do you plan on doing that?” Discord said.

“This is Experiment #6,” said Cora,” remember what was done with Experiment Henry when we made the first scientific breakthrough with him and we’ll keep doing this until we make another one!”

“Exactly,” said Discord, “what scientific breakthrough are you looking for?”

“The cure for death.” Cora said pointedly.

“I don’t think,” said Discord, “that testing Equestrian children is going to give you that answer. Ponies die too you know! Honestly Cora! In Between was not created for that reason! You just came here and set up shop so you could do whatever you wanted to do! And justifying your actions by saying you're looking for the cure for death doesn't make it right and you know it!”

“We know that Agent Discord!” Cora said. “And since there's no gods that rule this place we can do our testing in peace! We were thinking along the lines of combining a human's and a pony's blood together that should do the trick! And I feel we’re so close to finding the answer!”

“And that’s going to prolong your life, how?” Discord said.

“It’s going to help!” Cora said. “I just know it will!”

“You scientists are all the same!” Discord said. “All you want is data and results!”

“Remember,” said Cora, “we got results when it was just Experiment Henry! Now get out of my sight Agent Discord! Before I shut you down next!”

“Oh a doubt you can do that,” Discord said, “I’m the Lord of Chaos! You haven’t been able to do that to me yet! Good luck figuring that out! Goodbye!”

Discord then snapped his claw and disappeared.

* * *

Moria sniffed, finding Aria’s scent behind the waterfall she pointed as if she were a sign showing where Aria’s scent was.

“Okay,” I said, “what’s that about?”

“She’s right over here!” Moria said.

“Huh?” I said. “But there’s nothing but a brick wall here!”

“Knowing Agent Jade,” said Moria, “he’s probably got some secret code to open the hideout! And I think I know exactly what it is!”

Moria then pressed a paw on the rocks in a zigzag pattern. At the end of the pattern she licked the last rock and that completely grossed me out.

“Did that rock taste good?” Sarah said.

“You just had to say it,” I said, “didn’t you?”

“What?” Sarah said. “I was just saying what everyone else was thinking!”

This time it was Jane who did the face palm and groaned. Before we entered however, Moria put up a paw to stop us.

“Since this could be a trap,” said Moria, “maybe it’s best I enter first?”

“Uh-huh,” I said, “that’s a little bit too convenient, no I’ll go first!”

“You sure you want to do that?” Martin said.

“Yes,” I said, “I’m sure!”

I looked around the corner and it looked like a scientist lab. I didn’t know how I knew this but for some reason I knew what this place was.

“Is it just me,” I said, “or does anyone else recognize this place?”

Sarah followed me and looked around the corner and her eyes went wide.

“Yup,” said Sarah, “I totally recognize this place!”

Everyone else went around the corner and their eyes went wide.

“Definitely familiar!” Martin said.

“I wonder why that is?” I said. Suddenly, I remembered something I remembered that I was always locked in this room and on the door there was a sign that said:

Experiment Henry #1 classification unicorn.

“Does anyone remember a room in a place like this?” Jane said.

Everyone nodded and looked at the place in terror.

“Look!” Sarah said. She pointed at the ceiling and hanging from it was a girl dressed in the same clothing that we were dressed in. She had long black hair covering her face.

“I take it,” said Martin, “that’s Aria?”

“Yup,” I said, “but look what she’s tied to the ceiling with!”

The girls hands were tied with two wires not a rope. I thought the colors of the wires were blue and yellow.

“Is the color of the other wire yellow?” I said.

“No,” said Jane, “the other colors red, do you have some sort of color blindness?”

“I guess so…” I said.

“So,” said Milton, “what do we do now?”

I pointed, “Look at what I says on the box!”

“It says surge projector,” said Milton, “so where exactly are you going with this?”

“I’m starting to get some of my memory back,” I said, “but it’s a little hazy. If I remember correctly, Lab 14 would use that box as a form of correctional purposes.”

“Correctional purposes?” Sarah said.

“It’s a form of discipline,” I said, “it’s used to break an Experiment down so they will bend to Lab 14’s will!”

“How does it work?” Jane said. “Because I don’t remember anything like this!”

“Neither do I!” Martin said.

“I do,” said Sarah, “it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it and that thing was really painful!”

“How many times was it used on you?” I said.

“Five that I can remember.” Sarah said.

“Now that you think about it,” said Milton, “it’s been used on me three times! How many was it used on you Henry?”

I sighed, “I lost count after ten…”

* * *

Princess Celestia was not happy about what she was seeing on her computer screens.

“Oh crap!” Princess Celestia said.

“What is it?” Discord said.

“I’m not getting a signal on any of the children!” Princess Celestia said.

“Are you picking a signal up from Moria?” Discord said.

Princess Celestia shook her head, “Not even from Moria!”

“Then that only means one thing,” said Discord, “they’ve gone into a Lab 14 hideout.”

* * *

As we entered the location where Aria was being held hostage Moria seemed like she was very agitated about something.

“Damn it!” Moria said.

“What now?” I said.

“I can’t get a message to Princess Celestia!” Moria said.

“And you’re worried about this now!” I said. “Now is not the time!”

We heard Jade Summers' laughter from behind us.

“It’s so nice to see you again Moria! Hum, maybe after this, I’ll get a pet dog too!” Jade Summers said.

“I’m not a pet!” Moria barked. “I’m Princess Celestia’s assistant! Why do you think I can talk?”

“Awe,” said Jade, “did I hurt the little dog’s feelings?”

Moria then growled, pulling her lips back and showing her teeth.

“And I thought getting bit by her was bad!” Milton said.

“Shut up Milton!” Moria barked.

“She already bit you?” Jade laughed. “Careful she might have rabies!”

“Okay that’s it!” Moria said.

Oh boy, this is not going to end well!

“Uh,” said Martin, “shouldn’t we stop her?”

“Nope!” I said. “Just follow my lead okay?”

“No you don’t Experiment Henry!” Jade said. “I have a little present for you!”

“I am not a damn experiment!” I said.

“And we’ll have to reprogram your mind too!” Jade said. “Too bad we can’t wipe your memories! That’s mainly because of your magic! Oh well…”

Before we could react, Jade pulled a lever that was behind him and out of it came two wires for each of us. The wires wrapped around our wrists and pulled us up to the ceiling. The only one that didn’t get tied up was Moria.

“No, no doggie!” Jade said. He then pulled another lever and out came an iron chain that came out from underneath Moria and hog tied her.

“I’m going to break you down by the time I’m done,” said Jade, “and you’ll be good little Experiments for Lab 14!”

“Hell no!” I said “You’re not going to break me so easily!”

“I beg to differ,” said Jade, “let’ see, you five should be crying out in pain right about now!”

Jade then pressed a button that was by the lever and electric blot went through all of the wires. Jane, Sarah, Martin and Milton all cried out in pain. But me however, I was determined not to scream. I just growled and spit in Jade’s face, Jade then picked up a towel that was hanging on the railing and wiped his face with it.

“You prepared for this,” I said, “didn’t you?”

“For you yes,” said Jade, “for the others no.”

“I take I’ve done this before?” I said.

“Yup,” said Jade, “just to me especially. Probably because I was the executioner!”

“You’re not killing me that easy!” I said. “No way I’m going to die here! Not if I got a thing or two to say about it!”

“You’re a bad experiment, Experiment Henry,” said Jade, “you know that right? Don’t worry, when I bring you to the Head of Lab 14, you’ll just be some broken toy and I hope they shut you down for good this time!”

“As if I care!” I said.

“Fine,” said Jade, “I’ll just increase the electricity so you can take a nap okay?”

Jade then pressed another button and just as promised the electricity was more intense. I couldn’t bear the pain this time, and just as Jade promised I went to sleep.