• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 735 Views, 17 Comments

The Experiments - SapphireRose87



My name is Experiment Henry and I'm from a place called Lab 14. Lab 14 wants me to go on some sort of adventure, why I don't know.

  • ...
16
 17
 735

20) Pestcord

{Cora}

Experiment Rose and Experiment Sebastian stood in front of me with confusion on their faces.

“I know what you’re thinking,” I said, “but eventually Experiment Henry and Experiment Derek will be coming here for a chance to kill me. And when I’m gone, my assistant, Eleanor, will be taking my place. Isn’t that right, Eleanor?”

Eleanor nodded. I could tell she really didn’t agree with me, not one little bit.

“Head Cora, may I ask why do you want my future husband to kill you?” Experiment Rose questioned.

“I’m not sure if Experiment Henry will actually be able to kill me. But with you two fighting along with me, we will have Experiment Henry back at Lab 14 where he belongs!” I said.

“O...Kay?” Experiment Rose said. “What plan of action do you have in mind?”

“Do you remember fighting plan C-A?” I asked.

Experiment Rose and Experiment Sebastian had an evil look on their faces when I said that. They knew that with that fighting plan in place then there was a good chance that they could capture Experiment Henry and Experiment Derek and bring them back to Lab 14.

* * *

{Henry}

Derek and I sat down and tried to figure out which lab we should go after first. As we were trying to come up with a plan of action, I could tell Derek was wondering about something.

“What are you thinking?” I asked.

“I was wondering if, maybe, we should go after Cora first?” Derek said. “Or, as Discord calls her, Serpenta!”

“Yeah, I think that’s the perfect pet name for her!” I said. “I wish we could think of a pet name for Discord.”

“What about Pestcord? It definitely suits him!” Derek chuckled.

As Derek and I were laughing, Discord popped up.

Discord growled. “I thought I told you, I’m not a pest! Didn’t I give you that loving goodbye at the Inn? I was doing my fatherly duties!”

“Yeah,” I said. “Just because you’re my godfather doesn’t mean you’re my father! And loving goodbye, my butt!”

“It was kind of comical, though,” Derek said. “A creature like Discord showing someone affection? That was hilarious!”

“No, it wasn’t,” I said. “I really wanted to punch Discord, but since he broke me out of Lab 14, I kept myself from doing so.”

Derek couldn’t help himself. He snickered at the thought.

“I was wondering, though,” said Discord, “did you actually show God Henry your glass eye?”

Derek nodded. “Yeah, I did. Right before Henry went into Fear Shock.”

“Let me get this straight,” said Discord. “You can show God Henry your glass eye but you can’t show him your magic?”

“Your point?” Derek asked.

“I would think that showing someone your glass eye would send them into Fear Shock just by that alone!” Discord said.

“No, it didn’t,” I said, “In case you didn’t know, Fear Shock is from having too many bad memories of something. At least that’s what Leader Felix told me. I’m guessing the Fear Shock happened because of too many bad memories of Lab 14.”

Discord nodded. “Makes sense to me. Lab 14 is an awful place! So memories of that place would definitely send someone into Fear Shock. Actually, I’ve seen it happen with a handful of children that we’ve rescued from Lab 14 and other labs, and some of them didn’t have the true love kiss. From what I was told, if the true love kiss doesn’t happen, Fear Shock will come back over and over again and then the person will die from the stress of it!”

“What!” Derek gasped.

“Oh, yes, definitely!” Discord said. “But I’m not sure that it would happen to God Henry because of, well, being a god now!”

“Now! But I wasn’t a god then!” I exclaimed.

Discord rolled his eyes and pulled on his beard in annoyance. “I’m going to say this again: you were a demigod, hello!”

I tilted my head in confusion. “Then why did it happen?”

“Hum,” said Discord. “Stand still and let me see if Fear Shock is what happened.”

“What are you going to do, Discord?” Derek questioned.

“Just a little test…” he said.

“I don't want you putting anything in my brain, Discord! I think I’ve had enough things being put inside of me even if it’s for a-” I didn’t get a chance to finish my sentence. Discord pointed a finger- or claw, in his case- at my forehead and I was sent flying backward into a tree. The funny thing was that when I hit the tree, I didn’t even feel it.

“Discord!” Derek snapped. “Seriously! What did you do?”

Discord nodded. “Oh, yeah, you went into Fear Shock alright!”

“But how?” I asked. I got to my feet and dusted myself off. “I thought you said we were demigods?”

“Even a god needs to rest from ruling,” explained Discord. “Most of the time, gods need to rest for an hour or two and that’s all that’s needed. The same thing goes for demigods! I’ve heard rumors of that happening but I didn’t think that it actually could! It wasn’t so much as just having those bad memories but along with not sleeping for at least an hour! When God Derek did the true love kiss, he lent you some of his magic. That was how you were snapped out of it! If another god sees that one god isn’t resting, that god can use his or her magic to make that god rest! And that’s probably what you’ll be doing a lot, God Derek!”

“Wait a minute,” I said. “You just said that god can be either a him or a her?”

Once again, Discord nodded. “Why, yes! Why does everyone assume that a god has to be a man? As a matter of fact, of the two gods that rule over Equestria’s universe, the female god calls herself Divine and the male god calls himself Levy! Weird names huh?”

“You got that right!” I said. “You said that gods have a limitation; what’s yours?”

“My powers don’t work at night!” Discord replied.

“Wow,” said Derek. “The Lord of Chaos’ powers don’t work at night! That’s interesting. So, how do you deal with it?”

“I have my ways,” said Discord. “But that is my own personal information. Thank you very much! Oh, and another thing, God Henry…”

“What?” I snapped at him.

“Since I’m your godfather,” said Discord, “I love you!”

At this point, I'd had enough of Discord and his pride in being my godfather. Actually, I was just tired of him in general. But I didn’t realize that I was actually angry, in an intense kind of way, until I noticed that Discord, Leader Felix, and Derek were all looking at me, terrified.

“Uh… Discord?” Derek said.

“Yes, God Derek?” Discord squeaked.

“You really pissed him off this time!”

I didn’t realize how angry I was until I heard the sound of lighting behind me. Somehow, I had a lighting bolt in my left hand and was getting ready to aim it at Discord when Derek grabbed my hand and stopped me. I calmed down and the lighting bolt disappeared.

“Discord!” Derek snarled. “No more teasing or I’ll let him throw the lightning bolt that he summons at you next time!”

“What?” Discord said. “I was just…”

“If you say that one more time!” I said through gritted teeth.

“It’s a good thing we’re outside of the tent!” Leader Felix said.

“You know what’s funny?” Derek chuckled. “I think Discord is actually afraid of you, Henry!”

“Welp,” said Leader Felix. “That should help you get your job done!”

Derek and Leader Felix smiled at the thought of Discord being afraid of someone, especially that person being me!

“So, the question is, which of the labs are you going to go after first?” Leader Felix asked.

“I don’t know,” I said. “The fact that Cora, or Serpenta, wants me to kill her, as I said before, means it’s a trap! Although I’ve walked into traps before, I don’t know if I want to now! The thing that really ticks me off is that I’m having memories of my family but I can’t put faces to the voices.”

“Why’s that?” Derek said with a raised eyebrow.

“I don’t know!” I said.

Leader Felix sighed. “I think I know why that's happening.”

“What is it?” I asked.

Leader Felix then went into the tent and came back with an envelope. He handed it to me. I opened it and my eyes went wide in shock when I saw the birth certificate. On the front of the birth certificate was Crimson, the name that the Higher called me by, and it said that I was born in March 1995. I turned the birth certificate over and was surprised again to see what I looked like when I'm a human. It said that my name was Experiment Henry and it had the same birthday on it.

“Do you know how to calculate your age, God Henry?” Leader Felix asked.

I shook my head, “No, Lab 14 never taught us anything like that!”

“I guess there’s no reason Lab 14 would do that,” said Leader Felix. “But you’re 25 years old now. You were taken at the age of three…”

* * *

When I heard what Leader Felix said, I fell over in shock.

“Okay, God Henry,” said Leader Felix. “Just take a few deep breaths. I hope you don’t summon any more lighting bolts to shoot at us!”

Even Discord looked afraid of me again. His expression made me laugh, which calmed me down. Derek looked at me and smiled.

“Ah, why are you giving me that look, Derek?” I asked.

“No wonder you have a deep voice!” Derek said. “That makes me like you even more!”

Leader Felix snorted. Discord, on the other hand, was still looking at me in fear.

“That’s funny, Discord’s afraid of me!” I teased.

“I’m not afraid of you!” Discord said as if I had dared him to do something and he chickened out on it.

“Uh-huh,” I taunted. “Then I dare you to make me angry again!”

“Yeah, no thank you!” Discord, still giving me a look of horror.

“Then you’re just chicken!” I taunted him again, sticking my tongue out at him.

Derek cleared his throat. “Discord and Leader Felix, I suggest that you two leave so we can figure things out.”

“Yes, God Derek!” Discord and Leader Felix said. I saw Discord run away as fast as he could. It made me laugh again. Leader Felix was pointing and teasing him the whole entire time.

“Now those two are gone,” said Derek, “I’m sorry about you not knowing your family but we still have a job to do.”

“I know but it just gives me more incentive to take down Lab 14!” I growled.

Derek proceeded to point at the different dots on the screen. “It looks like Lab 14’s main location is here, Celestial Lab’s main location is here and Star lab’s main location is here.”

I snarled when Derek pointed at Lab 14’s main location.

“I thought you said going after Lab 14 first would be walking into a trap!” Derek said.

“At this point, I really don’t care! I've changed my mind!” I said. “They’re the reason why I went into Fear Shock in the first place!”

“Okay then,” Derek agreed. “That settles it. We’re going after Lab 14 first!”

* * *

Once we had figured out who we were going after first, Derek and I went to the rest of the group that we had been traveling with to say our goodbyes. I especially wanted to say goodbye to my sister, Sarah.

“Well,” said Sarah, “I guess this is goodbye for now.”

I tilted my head. “For now?”

Sarah nodded. “Yes, for now! You’ll come back to us when you get done with your job, right?”

I sighed. “I’m not sure, I don’t know how long it will take! You might be an old woman before I return to you!”

“What do you mean by that?” Sarah questioned.

“I just found out how old I am…” I said.

“How old are you?”

“I’m twenty-five,” I said. “I don’t know if you’re the same, or older than me, or younger.”

“Actually, I’m younger,” said Sarah. “By a year, too.”

“How’d you figure that out?” I asked.

“Because, in my memories, our parents say that I’m two years old and you're three years old,” she said. “And no, I still can’t put any faces to the voices.”

“It’s still the same thing with me,” I said.

“Well,” said Sarah. “There’s nothing else left to do, but do our special send-off.”

“What is she talking about, Henry?” Derek asked.

As soon as Derek said that, Sarah and I took our hats and tilted them to each other and nodded. Sarah then hugged me and that was it.

Derek smiled at us. “Oh yeah! I remember you two doing that! My dad and I kind of do the same thing!”

When I heard that I tried hard not to laugh.

“Well, go cause some destruction for me!” Sarah said. She clapped me on the back. “Too bad Discord can’t come!”

“Yeah, we’ve come up with a pet name for Discord!” Derek said.

“Oh, yeah, that’s right!” I chuckled.

“What is it?” Sarah asked.

“Pestcord!” Derek and I said.

Sarah fell over laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. “That’s perfect for him! He is a pest after all!” she said, once she could breathe again.

“Let’s hope he won’t be bugging us anymore!” Derek said. “I don't think he will for a while.”

“Why’s that?” Sarah asked.

“Apparently,” Derek said, “Henry can summon lightning bolts when he’s pissed!”

“Oh, yeah,” said Sarah. “I saw lightning earlier! Henry did that? Wow! That’s so cool!”

I smirked. “Yeah and Discord’s afraid of me now!”

Sarah laughed uncontrollably, just like Leader Felix had. She practically braced herself on a nearby tree to help hold herself up. She stopped laughing and cleared her throat. “Your job should be a piece of cake now! I’m glad I didn’t become a god! Well, have fun with that!”

“You know something, Sarah?” I said and rolled my eyes. “You are a brat!”

“Hey!” Sarah said.

Derek and I nodded at Sarah. There was nothing else we could do after that.

Author's Note:

When I finished the rough draft for this story it was actually two months before I started publishing it. So that's why the age is 25. Correct me if I have the wrong calculation for Henry's age.